Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Sports
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2007, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bourahioro
IF Liddell beats Jackson (and that's a big if) it'll be by decision
Good call. "He got knocked the fuck out"

On paper the Iceman should have won but you could tell from the beginning that Rampage was going to win. When they were just dancing and walking aroudn not doing anything and he threw up his arms pretty much challenging Liddell it was over. Iceman should have kept to his game plan and not caved to that. When fighters try to please the crowd more times than not it's going to end in big trouble.

I'm actually happy Jackson won. I always thought Liddell was quite boring in the ring.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Olboj
On paper the Iceman should have won
And what kind of paper is that, toilet paper? He beat his ass before and nothing was going to stop it from happening again. Rampage is forever in Chuck Liddell's head, it wont matter if there is a rematch.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:10 AM
Does the upset streak continue and Okami beats Franklin? It's certainly possible.

If not, a new one starts at 73 when Marquardt becomes MW champion.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:47 AM
Didn't I call that shit?

I didn't expect it to be that fast though....You KNOW Chuck's gonna bitch about that loss for ages.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Chuck's career is over unless he cuts weight and goes down to middleweight, otherwise he'll never reach the pinnacle again.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Last night was beautiful. Was so happy yo see Rampage take HIS title away from chuck liddel. Been waitin for Rampage to get a title shot in the UFC and was pumped to hear about this fight. Damn near through a party last night to see rampage win the belt. Took chuck don't on a reflex defensive throw no less. Didn't think it would go down like that but only makes a rampage look better baby.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:25 PM
So, does Chuck get a rematch?

IF not Chuck, who does Rampage fight next?
Old 05-27-2007, 01:47 PM
Just found out that Rampage will be fighting Dan Hendersen next. Henderson will return to the Octagon for the first time since 1998.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Otis Driftwood
So, does Chuck get a rematch?

IF not Chuck, who does Rampage fight next?
Not sure if the former champions in UFC have a rematch clause or not, I dont think they do since I've never seen it happen. Either way I'm sure Rampage is in the Iceman's head now.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bourahioro
Didn't I call that shit?

I didn't expect it to be that fast though....You KNOW Chuck's gonna bitch about that loss for ages.
I don't think anyone predicted the fight to last less than a bloody minute... that was just bizarre...

However, I personally think this is good for the UFC, so I'm actually kinda glad he got KO'd in such fashion. Rampage has more charisma then anyone in MMA, heís fucking explosive like a motherfucker, heís more likeable, and heís a young fighter with a lot of potential... heíll do a lot better than chuck ever did as champion.

Let me just say that Iím very excited the direction the division is heading.

There should be a rubber match sometime later this year, but thatís probably before chuck moves to heavyweight... if he does indeed move to heavyweight... Itís not set in stone yet, but chuck wants cro-cop, so weíll see.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tai Mai Jew
I don't think anyone predicted the fight to last less than a bloody minute... that was just bizarre...

However, I personally think this is good for the UFC, so I'm actually kinda glad he got KO'd in such fashion. Rampage has more charisma then anyone in MMA, heís fucking explosive like a motherfucker, heís more likeable, and heís a young fighter with a lot of potential... heíll do a lot better than chuck ever did as champion.

There should be a rubber match sometime later this year, but thatís probably before chuck moves to heavyweight... if he does indeed move to heavyweight... Itís not set in stone yet, but chuck wants cro-cop, so weíll see.
You really think he'll move to heavyweight? I honestly always felt like he's had a gut on him and could lose a few pounds, if he gains anymore he better make sure its pure muscle.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DarkKnight81
You really think he'll move to heavyweight? I honestly always felt like he's had a gut on him and could lose a few pounds, if he gains anymore he better make sure its pure muscle.
He always looks a bit out of shape to me with a bit of a gut, I think he looked in somewhat better shape last night though.

I thought he was going to bitch that he stopped the fight. On the replay you could clearly see how his face went flat the second time. He was out of it, he had that stunned look on his face like where am I for a few seconds.

I'm just glad I didn't have to see him run around the ring backwards like a chicken again.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:39 PM
I respect Chuck for admitting in his post fight interview that he "made a mistake and got caught," I was worried he might complain but it was clear as day he was TKO'd especially when his eyes were crossed for a few seconds.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tai Mai Jew

I knew that Rampage was gonna rock Chuck, I honestly didn't expect it to be that fast either You're right about the direction that the UFC is headed though, as well as about Rampage being charismatic....He's what the UFC needs, a Dennis Rodman type, who's flashy, outspoken, and quirky.

I think it'd be a huge mistake for Chuck to fight Cro Cop; Cro Cop may have had his ass handed to him once already in the UFC, but Liddell doesn't have what it takes to accomplish that kind of feat.

I still like Chuck, but I like Rampage more. I completely expected to hear about how Chuck was claimgin to have been robbed or something of the sort, good on him for showing some class.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:19 PM

Old 05-30-2007, 06:52 PM
That first pic is great!

I guess that they all are.

I think Rampage winning will be good for the UFC. Jackson's already been on the national media tour. I saw him on ESPN the other day giving an interview. Very well done.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Last night Brock Lesnar absolutely destroyed Min Soo Kim in about 48 seconds, and Gracie won against Sakuraba in the rematch they've bugged for.

Very interested in Brock.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by XCoRyX
Last night Brock Lesnar absolutely destroyed Min Soo Kim in about 48 seconds, and Gracie won against Sakuraba in the rematch they've bugged for.

Very interested in Brock.
Damn I didnt know he was already fighting, I've got to find that video.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:24 PM
He wasn't that impressive at all in all honesty, he obviously won which is good for him and such,but he basically just pushed his opponent around and his opponent was in a bad spot and gave up. I can't take anything away from him, but its not the fight we need to see to get an idea of how he will be..
Old 06-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Honestly, I'm not that stoked to see Lesnar fight....I think it has something to do with his prior involvement with the WWE.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:44 PM
well, it looks like Wandy isn't retiring after all... in fact... his next fight is with The Ice Man...

source

expect the fight in the next couple of months... perhaps in September.

Yay-Beans!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Man!

That's awesome news.

Can't wait.

When's Randy Couture fighting again?
Old 06-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Cant wait to see that fight.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm stoked for any fight with Couture, or Silva.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:42 AM
I think if they continued these interpromotional fights and Couture fought Fedor, I'd give Couture a 100% chance of losing and a 50% chance of living.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:10 PM
I thought the same of ANY fighter that stepped into the ring with Mirko (Cro Cop) Filipovic....Gonzaga proves that sometimes, persistance, and being tough is all it takes.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:44 AM
I know someday, somehow, Fedor will lose. Most likely from a cut again. But the bottom line is Fedor isnt Mirko, he's the guy that also beat Mirko. I dont think that kick would have knocked Fedor out the way it did Mirko. Just watch when Kevin Randelman dropped him straight on his head and Fedor got straight back up and wooped his ass.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:04 PM
The kick that Mirko sustained was indeed vicious, and I don't want to sully Gonzaga's win over Mirko in any way, a win's a win....but watching that fight again, Mirko didn't seem like himself coming into the cage, or during the entirety of the bout, he looked off.

Fedor is a crazy good fighter though, and you're probably right about the kick thing - didn't Fedor win against Mirko by Decision?
Old 06-16-2007, 02:49 PM
My only hopes for today are for Rich Franklin to get his ass whipped and Forrest Griffin to win.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:41 PM
That's tonight?! - fight card and predictions anyone?
Old 06-17-2007, 05:45 PM
It was yesterday.

Want to know who won?
Old 06-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Well one of my wishes came true, although the fights sounded boring so I'm glad I didnt buy it.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:29 PM
hells yeah, I wanna know who won!
Old 06-17-2007, 10:47 PM
This is a pretty decent thread you guys have kept going. I just read through all the old posts and you guys seem to know your shit on MMA. I'm just starting to get back into the sport after liking it as a kid, I'll always remember watching Frank Shamrock make Tito Ortiz tap like a little bitch live on pap-per-view and fucking loving it. Now that my Interest is back, I'm going through and renting all the old PRIDE FC events on netflix. MMA has definitely taken some leaps and bounds since the early days of the sport.

I also heard that the UFC 72 fights were lack-luster with alot of the fights lacking action at times. I am pumped up to see "Minotauro" Nogueria make the switch over to UFC from PRIDE at UFC 73. He was IMO one of the best heavy-weights the company ever had. Also psyched to see the outcome of the F. Shamrock/ Phil Baroni fight on June 22. With all the trash talking going on with that one, there should be some real fireworks going off. I'm predicting Shammy wins by submission in the first.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:55 PM
Welcome to our little club of toughs....I agree with your thought on the next Shamrock fight.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:14 AM
the event was OK.... it should have been a fightnight, though.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:07 AM
Welcome back Frank Shamrock! Winner via rear naked choke over Phil Baroni, second round...didn't see it but people are saying it was a hell of a fight.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Next UFC PPV looks pretty good, I'll be checking it out. I hope Tito gets a convincing win and gets some steam rolling to hopefully someday face off against Quentin Jackson. Even though Chuck Liddell beat Tito and Jackson has beat Chuck, I think Tito's ground skills make for a better matchup against Rampage.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:33 AM
Chuck's beaten Tito, what? twice? Rampage beat the shit out of Chuck....Tito doesn't do well against chuck, because Chuck has an intimidating aura about him, and Chuck's very confident....Tito will not beat Rampage, Rampage is faster than Chuck, stronger than both Tito AND Chuck, and Rampage fights because he has to (to provide for a dozen kids). Rampage is the shit, and will show Tito what a real bad boy can do.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:40 AM
Kimbo vs Mercer

exactly...