Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Sports
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2007, 12:34 PM
Kimbo is one bad motherfucker.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bourahioro
Chuck's beaten Tito, what? twice? Rampage beat the shit out of Chuck....Tito doesn't do well against chuck, because Chuck has an intimidating aura about him, and Chuck's very confident....Tito will not beat Rampage, Rampage is faster than Chuck, stronger than both Tito AND Chuck, and Rampage fights because he has to (to provide for a dozen kids). Rampage is the shit, and will show Tito what a real bad boy can do.
Oh, i agree that Rampage would win the fight, I just think Tito's strategy matches up better. Chuck likes to stand up and you cant do that with a guy that spars with real boxers. Who is this Kimbo guy?
Old 06-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tai Mai Jew
Kimbo vs Mercer

exactly...
I don't know a lot about MMA, but I know a lot about boxing and I have to ask what the hell Ray Mercer is doing. He was a washed up boxer who couldn't get any one to fight, so he decides he can do Cage Fury? I'm glad he got bitched. People like him need to know when to just go away. Didn't he already get destroyed when he tried to do kickboxing? Old boxers shouldn't try branching out. That's very dangerous.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DarkKnight81
Who is this Kimbo guy?
someone correct me if I'm wrong, but he's really no one. Just a street fighter with a ton of videos on youtube and stuff. I think his Mercer beatdown was his first sanctioned fight by any official league, but I might be wrong. He'd get his ass kicked in any real fight.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:43 PM
This is who Kimbo is.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:51 PM
Throw Kimbo in with Fedor or any top HW and get the ambulance ready. Street fighters never look very impressive against fighters with serious martial arts training. Case and point, look at Tank Abbott; he used to dominate early UFC competitions against guys with none or limited skills, but when the MMA game evolved into a more precise science, Tank's ship started sinking pretty quick.

I don't know maybe this Kimbo guy will turn out to be a force, but let's see some quality opponents first.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Here's an interview with Randy Couture, Randy talks a little about his upcoming battle with Gabriel Gonzaga....

Randy Couture interview
Old 07-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Upcoming UFC PPVs

UFC 73: JULY 7, 2007 IN SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA

Main Card Bouts:
-Anderson Silva (#2 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Nathan Marquardt (#7 Middleweight in the World)*
-Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (#2 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Heath Herring
-Tito Ortiz (#9 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Rashad Evans
-Sean Sherk (#10 Lightweight in the World)* vs. Hermes Franca
-Kenny Florian vs. Alvin Robinson

Preliminary Bouts:
-Frankie Edgar vs. Mark Bocek
-Chris Lytle vs. Jason Gilliam
-Jorge Gurgel vs. Diego Saraiva
-Stephan Bonnar vs. Mike Nickels

UFC 74: AUGUST 25, 2007 IN LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
venue: Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada

-Randy Couture (#5 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Gabriel Gonzaga (#6 Heavyweight in the World)*
-Georges St. Pierre (#2 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Josh Koscheck (#4 Welterweight in the World)*
-Hayato "Mach" Sakurai (#2 Lightweight in the World)* vs. Diego Sanchez (#6 Welterweight in the World)*
-Joe Stevenson vs. Kurt Pellegrino
-Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. David Heath
-Kendall Grove vs. Patrick Cote
-Travis Lutter vs. Ryan Jensen

-Tim Sylvia (#7 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. TBA

UFC 75: SEPTEMBER 8, 2007 IN LONDON, ENGLAND

-Quinton Jackson (#2 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Dan Henderson (#4 Light Heavyweight in the World)*
-Mirko Cro Cop (#3 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Cheick Kongo
-Michael Bisping vs. Matt Hamill
-Houston Alexander vs. Alessio Sakara
-Jess Liaudin vs. TBA
-Dennis Siver vs. TBA
Old 07-03-2007, 10:32 PM
Sweet, those upcoming cards look great, I'm getting the PPV this Saturday as well.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:21 PM

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson talks about the upcoming UFC game for the next gen systems....This shit looks tight!

Rampage
Old 07-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Spike TV to renew UFC contract for HUGE bank!

source

I found this recent news very interesting:

“Spike TV is on the verge of pinning down a multiyear, multimillion-dollar renewal of its Ultimate Fighting Championship distribution deal, according to sources close to the network.

The new deal, which is expected to cost Spike in excess of $100 million, will allow the men’s-targeted network to keep its popular Ultimate Fighter reality series. The pact will also give Spike more live UFC events than the previous agreement, which expired at the end of last year.

Executives from Spike would not comment, and UFC executives could not be reached for comment at press time.”
Old 07-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Fuck, looks like Liddell-Silva wont happen at the September PPV since Wanderlei says he wont fight until November. According to Dana White it may never happen now.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:37 PM

I stopped watching the Ultimate Fighter after the fourth season. Watching a bunch of guys getting a second chance at the UFC instead of new hungry fighters just wasn't as appealing. I didn't even realize there WAS a fifth season until it was 3/4's over. Since I have had some time off from it though I will be getting back into the show if and when it returns to Spike. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:29 AM
UFC 75 is FREE on SpikeTV, kids!!
Old 07-17-2007, 07:35 AM
Quote:
UFC 75 is FREE on SpikeTV, kids!!
When???
Old 07-18-2007, 01:30 AM
UFC 75 is on Sept. 8, should be a good one with Rampage vs. Hendo. That's a really tough fight to call as both have the same strengths (wrestling, good hands with KO power, solid chin).

But in other good news, UFC 76 is two days after my birthday and has my favorite MMA fighter (Shogun) debuting. The original rumours were Machida being his opponent, but now it looks like Forrest Griffin gets to become Shogun's first victim in the octagon. I'm still considering going even though Chuck vs. Wand isn't happening and it's Chuck vs. Keith Jardine instead.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:01 AM

I just checked and it's actually true. UFC champ Rampage will fight Pride champ Dan Henderson. Also, I will FINALLY get to see that Mike Bisping vs Matt Hamill fight that I wanted to see two years ago. Too bad I have to wait until September though. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:32 PM
bitter sweet...

Sean Sherk and Hermes Franco BOTH test + for Seroids...

mmaweekly.com

Sherks belt will be stripped of him due to his one year suspension, its not official, but it's going to happen... and because of that, we're going to see a new lightweight champion in the next four months...

Probably BJ... well, either him or Florian...
Old 07-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Re: bitter sweet...

Quote:
Sean Sherk and Hermes Franco BOTH test + for Seroids...

mmaweekly.com

Sherks belt will be stripped of him due to his one year suspension, its not official, but it's going to happen... and because of that, we're going to see a new lightweight champion in the next four months...

Probably BJ... well, either him or Florian...
Wow, I could see the steroids working on Sherk but Hermes is a little guy. Funny how they were both on it and they just fought.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:28 AM
So.....who's gonna win? Gonzaga or Couture?
Old 07-24-2007, 02:08 AM
Couture by natural selection...
Old 07-27-2007, 07:45 AM
Naturally I want to say Couture but after seeing Gonzaga knock out Crocop and supposedly hes a better jiu jitsu fighter than striker I have to go with Gonzaga.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:06 PM
For anyone who doesn't already know, the UFC and Dana White are on the verge of signing Fedor, the number one HW fighter in the world. We should know within the next couple of days whether or not he'll agree to the terms the UFC has given to him and his manager.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:16 PM
OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!! That would be so fucking awesome!!!!!
Old 07-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Wow I hope so, last I heard he had no interest in fighting in the UFC.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:34 AM
Fedor is interested, actually... but under UFC rules, you can't fight in other organizations (ie Sambo) when under contract... Fedor won't sign with the UFC if they won't let him participate in Sambo matches. I'm sure they can work something out, though. There's no reason why they can't.

And on a side note, apperently Fedors manager is trying to swindle some creative controll over Fedors name (if they were to sign), and Dana doesn't like it...

they just need to work it out, is all.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:20 AM
Quote:

And on a side note, apperently Fedors manager is trying to swindle some creative controll over Fedors name (if they were to sign), and Dana doesn't like it...
What in the world could that be about?
Old 07-28-2007, 01:36 AM
It's an advertising issue... they want to be able to flaunt their RED DEVIL TEAM logo on t-shirts, shorts, ets. that kind of crap. They even want the UFC to sign some of their other fighters too. But the main thing is with fedor fighing in Sambo competitions while under contract with the UFC.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:35 AM
Fedor/UFC

Sherdog.com: As Fedor’s manager, can you please fill us in on the current state of his contract negotiations.

VF: At the moment we are in negotiations with a number of organizations who have put offers on the table. I’ll be blunt in saying that the UFC offer is the most financially attractive one. However they are very harsh in their terms and are not very flexible in actually negotiating them.

Fedor has now been the PRIDE heavyweight champion for four years and I think we have earned the right to negotiate a contract that suits both parties. Instead we are faced with a blunt “you are either in or you’re out.” This does not really suit us. If the negotiations continue in a similar manner, we’ll prefer to fight for less money but with an organization which is more flexible.

The problem is that Fedor is the face of Combat Sambo in Russia. His popularity is at a level where he is acquainted with president Putin himself, in part because he is so successful and well known for Combat Sambo here.

Combat Sambo is a Russian sport that’s not at a level of difficulty of MMA, but is hugely popular with our public. Fedor must represent Russia in Combat Sambo and at world championships, specifically the ones coming up in September. All we want him to do is compete something like once a year in Combat Sambo. But the UFC is not happy with that.

Their proposal has all kinds of clauses, all kinds of fines etc. that do not suit us. The UFC is not really that eager to communicate and negotiate. The negotiations are still continuing, and we will try very hard to get our demands met, if not Fedor will simply not compete in the UFC, even though that will be unfortunate as they currently have one of the, if not the, strongest, heavyweight divisions in the world.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:21 PM
What this boils down to is it important enough to the UFC to have the absolute best fighter in the world fighting in what they claim is the best fighting organization in the world. Pride was clearly better when it came to fighters but even though they have bought out their competition if they dont sign Fedor we will never truly know who the real Heavyweight Champion is. He is worth having to let him fight in Sambo once a year. Get over yourselves UFC and sign the best fighter in the world.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Word... and considering the fact that both BJ Penn and Franklin fight (or have fought) in other organizations before while under their UFC contract, why can’t they let Fedor fight ONCE A YEAR in a Sambo tourney? And that’s excluding the fact that 80% of all the UFC fighters participate in BJJ tournaments, which, in my opinion, are way more dangerous than Sambo.

so it's not like the UFC can be afraid that Fedor will hurt himself, or whatever.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:45 PM
I want Fedor in the UFC bad!! let's look at this from their standpoint for a second though....They got Cro Cop, and built him up, only to have him win his first match half-heartedly, and he lost his second fight badly (could have been a career ender).

I mean for Christ sakes...HERB DEAN fights at Cage Rage! I've seen lots of UFC regulars fight for King of the Cage, Cage Rage, Bodog, etc, etc....Fedor BEING #1 in the fucking WORLD should get some kind of slack, considering he's damned near impossible to beat.

I have a feeling that UFC will ease up, and give Fedor the stipulation he wants. Fedor will bring them more money.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Word... and considering the fact that both BJ Penn and Franklin fight (or have fought) in other organizations before while under their UFC contract, why can’t they let Fedor fight ONCE A YEAR in a Sambo tourney? And that’s excluding the fact that 80% of all the UFC fighters participate in BJJ tournaments, which, in my opinion, are way more dangerous than Sambo.

so it's not like the UFC can be afraid that Fedor will hurt himself, or whatever.
That was back in the day when they only had 4 or 5 UFC's a year. They had to let guys fight elsewhere, otherwise they wouldn't be making enough to live on and barely anyone would be fighting. Also, Rich only had one UFC fight under his belt and wasn't exactly a hot commodity at the time, even in the days where MMA wasn't nearly as popular, simply because he was new to the scene.

As far as BJ goes, he was punished for fighting outside the UFC by having the WW title stripped from him and his contract terminated.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Quote:
I want Fedor in the UFC bad!! let's look at this from their standpoint for a second though....They got Cro Cop, and built him up, only to have him win his first match half-heartedly, and he lost his second fight badly (could have been a career ender).

I mean for Christ sakes...HERB DEAN fights at Cage Rage! I've seen lots of UFC regulars fight for King of the Cage, Cage Rage, Bodog, etc, etc....Fedor BEING #1 in the fucking WORLD should get some kind of slack, considering he's damned near impossible to beat.

I have a feeling that UFC will ease up, and give Fedor the stipulation he wants. Fedor will bring them more money.
Word on the street is there's different sticking points other than the Sambo tourneys. This is all rumour of course, but apparently Fedor's manager wants to stick his hand quite far into the cookie jar and have control over things like a UFC TV deal in Russia, promoting an event in Russia, and tying several of Fedor's teammates to his contract, essentially getting them UFC deals too.

As far as Herb Dean goes, sure they might be pissed that he fought in Cage Rage, but it's not like they can do anything about it. He's not a UFC employee, and they have no control over who does and does not referee certain events. That is all determined by the athletic commission overseeing the event. And the others that have fought for other promotions are in one of two situations:

1) They were told by the UFC to go back to a smaller organization and pick up a win there before having another UFC fight.
2) Their contracts either expired and weren't renewed, or the fighters were released from their contract early.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:13 PM
Man, I'm out of the loop....what's going on with UFC these days?
Old 08-04-2007, 02:39 PM

I just found out that Matt Serra will be defending his belt against Matt Hughes at the upcoming September event. I'm really excited for this one. I haven't seen Serra fight since The Ultimate Fighter finale and I hope he manages to give Hughes a good beat down. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Honestly, I don't think Serra has what it takes to beat Hughes....I think Serra got lucky against StPierre, and if they met agian, the outcome would have been different. Hughes is ready to take his belt back.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:40 PM
Wanderlei has moved to America to train with the UFC HW Champion, Randy "The Natural", at his camp in Florida, and is now officially in the UFC.

ZING!
Old 08-04-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Honestly, I don't think Serra has what it takes to beat Hughes....I think Serra got lucky against StPierre, and if they met agian, the outcome would have been different. Hughes is ready to take his belt back.
I sort of agree with you. I am actually expecting Hughes to take the belt back but I am still rooting for Serra. I just like him better as a person and a fighter. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Wanderlei has moved to America to train with the UFC HW Champion, Randy "The Natural", at his camp in Florida, and is now officially in the UFC.

ZING!
I wonder when his first fight will be and against who? Its too bad he's not fighting Chuck in November. Rampage should be worried...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBIWc87pxXg