Old 02-28-2008, 04:58 PM
Batman vs. Dr. Doom

Super nerd/geek thread.

Batman vs. Dr. Doom

In another comic book related thread on these boards called " comics biggest badass" a matchup came up involving Batman and Dr. Doom. Batman won by a landslide. Someone has to explain to me how Bats beats Doom. Heres how I break them down.

They are both great inventors. But Doom makes machines that can take him through time, different dimensions, the far reaches of space and other planets. They both make thier own weapons. Doom seems to make weapons on a grand scale. His weapons can destroy large sections of the planet or take down some really superpowered advesaries. Batman can take a beating with his suit on and has alot of gadgets in his utlity belt. Dooms armor is virtually invulnerable to anything. He can fly into space or into the ocean for long lengths of time.He can be burned or frozen and it wouldnt really matter.
His armor also gives him the ability to fly. Its packed with rockets and lasers and all that kind of stuff. They are both skilled in hand to hand combat. Batman might be a better fist fighter, but he isnt strong enough to punch through Dooms armor. Dooms armor gives him super strength. He is about as strong as The Thing. In his armor he has taken shots from The Thing, Hulk,Surfer, etc and survived. Doom had his hands broken by Thing once but Batman had his back broken by Bane. Doom also has black magic on his side. You cant outsmart or outrun magic.

Batman has the Batcave in Gotham under his mansion. Doom has his castle which is much larger than the batcave in his own country. Doom even built his own army of Doombots that are almost as strong as him to guard his castle.

Batman usally faces guys like Joker, Two-face, and Mr. Freeze. Doom faces teams like the Fantastic 4 and The Avengers. It usally takes alot of superheros to take down Doom. There is not alot of single Marvel guys that could beat Doom one on one. Doom has stolen the Beyonders powers, beaten Magento by reversing the polarity in his armor (making himself non-magnetic), stolen Silver Surfers power, and outsmarted Mephisto. Doom has even escaped from Hell.

So I am just wondering how Batman could beat Doom. Batman is human like Cap. America and could die like the Captain. Batmans villians are dangerous to Batman because he is just a normal person. Doom has magic and his armor gives him a constant force field around him. It would be very hard to just kill Doom.

The only thing that beats Doom is his own ego. But I dont think Bats would survive long enough to find that out.

Yes, I know. I have too much time on my hands.

Last edited by Ratlehed; 02-28-2008 at 05:10 PM..
Old 02-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Batman is the fan and writers favorite he can beat anything.

Sucks, but its true.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:52 PM
dr doom gets beating by the Fantastic 4,the FANTASTIC FOUR !!!!!!.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratlehed View Post
The only thing that beats Doom is his own ego.
There you go, a weakness that Batman has more than enough experience at exploiting. Batman would never even have to get into a fistfight to beat this guy. Bats would just set up the dominoes and wait for Doom's ego to knock them over.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorrick brown View Post
dr doom gets beating by the Fantastic 4,the FANTASTIC FOUR !!!!!!.

Yeah, but the 4 could beat Batman. Sue would cause a force filed in his skull or Johnny would cause a huge explosion and burn Batty.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Dr. Doom is the best comic book character ever.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:06 AM
hulk vs dr doom

The Hulk would give Dr. Doom one mean uppercut to the face. and doom would be like who like that green rhino in my castle.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfly24 View Post
The Hulk would give Dr. Doom one mean uppercut to the face. and doom would be like who like that green rhino in my castle.
Yeah, if Hulk got close to Doom, esp. World War Hulk, Doom would get beaten. Doom could beat Hulk if he had like an hour of prep time. Or at least transport him into another dimension or something.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Batman is a regular guy who in could actually get killed not just beaten by a gang of thugs in the right situation. Doom would destroy him...
Old 02-29-2008, 01:31 PM
i know i've got a thread on this somewhere, or i've atleast posted this argument in a thread somewhere..... but her is my argument again

Part 1

Part 2
Old 02-29-2008, 02:55 PM
You know who would beat Doom? Jesus. He loves you. He loves everyone, except those who like to pretend Doom can beat Batman. He doesn't love you guys.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverload View Post
You know who would beat Doom? Jesus. He loves you. He loves everyone, except those who like to pretend Doom can beat Batman. He doesn't love you guys.
who's pretending?