Old 02-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Anne Rice Returns to Vampire Writing

Anne Rice has revealed to TIME that she will write one more book about the Vampire Chronicles. This is surprising news, since Rice has left the world that made her famous and turned to religious writing about the Lord.

In an interview with TIME, the best-selling author of "Interview with the Vampire" and "The Queen of the Damned" has revealed that she plans to write one last book about Lestat, the feared yet beloved blood-sucking main character in her gothic novel series. Tom Cruise portrayed Lestat in the 1994 "Interview with the Vampire." "When I published my first book about the Lord I said I would never write about those characters again," Rice acknowledged. "But I have one more book that I would really like to write. It will be a story that I need to tell."

Upon returning to the church after a more than three-decade absence, the author in 2005 dramatically and publicly declared that she would never again return to writing about vampires. Said Rice in an interview with Christianity Today: "I would never go back, not even if they say you will be financially ruined. I would be a fool for all eternity to turn my back on God like that."

But never say never. While Rice justifies her decision by saying the book will have a definite Christian framework and a focus on the theme of redemption, she admits that the future chronicle will once again involve the character Lestat and a fictional organization known as the Talamaska that is responsible for investigating the supernatural. Much like the author herself, Lestat will be wrestling with the existence of God throughout the story. "I don't see it as a violation of my promise, because I won't be writing about vampires in the same way," Rice maintains.

Last edited by God of War; 03-10-2008 at 12:56 AM..
Old 03-09-2008, 09:34 PM
While I can't help but be excited about this, I don't know what to think. This could b really good or really bad.