Old 02-08-2007, 07:50 AM
Batman Vs. Spiderman

Who would win in a full on fight between these two greats?

Personally i think batman hands down.....but it seems alot of people have faith in spidey.

Your thoughts and reasons would be helpful.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:49 AM
I say Batman...

he'd plan it out and get the job done...

IMO
Old 02-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hatfield
I say Batman...

he'd plan it out and get the job done...

IMO
Bingo.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:50 AM
It would be a tough battle. Batman is far more brutal and cunning thatn Spidey, but Spidey has powers and all that jazz. I would have to go with Batman.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Old 02-23-2007, 03:26 AM
Powers VS No Powers... hmmmm

I know everyone on this site loves batman to death, and I'm not going to argue this, I think Spidey would do a number on him.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Quote:
I know everyone on this site loves batman to death, and I'm not going to argue this, I think Spidey would do a number on him.
I was not just blindly choosing Batman just because I'm a fan. Batman has held his own with Superman, even beating him at times. I feel if he were able to do this Spiderman would have no chance..Batman would have done his research and then opened up a canister of whoop ass from his utility belt.

Last edited by Sh8dy Milkman; 02-23-2007 at 09:55 PM..
Old 02-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Spiderman would give Batman a good ass kicking in their first battle. Batman is smart though and he would return to tear Spiderman a new one.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:31 PM
I think a Batman vs Spiderman fight is about even.

Batman has advantage in cunning, tools and fighting tactics.

Spider-man has advantage in strength, agility, endurance, web slinging and spidey-sense.

Honestly I think Spiderman's spidey sense would give him a slight edge in the battle.

And I know it's off topic but Superman vs Batman fight would be a joke. It just proves that at the end of the day, nothing matters except what the writers decide. The weakest superhero could defeat the strongest in the universe if the writers wanted him too.

Last edited by jolanar; 02-23-2007 at 05:34 PM..
Old 02-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sh8dy Milkman
Batman would have done his research and then opened up a canister of whoop ass from his utility belt.
What makes you think Batman would have time to research or add anything besides his standard gear to his belt? It's not really a duel in my opinion if one of them has ample time to prepare and add to their arsenal to fight the specific person.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:02 PM
Quote:
It just proves that at the end of the day, nothing matters except what the writers decide
Ding Ding Ding...we have a winner!
Old 02-24-2007, 09:59 PM
well batman used a lot of man made weapons and gadets but spiderman is spiderman.

hmmm
niether
Old 03-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Theres a chemical that the Green Goblin has used in the comics that nullifies Spidey's Spider Sense. Batman would learn this and use it to his advantage. Without it, Spider-man is very vulnerable.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Bat's I am sure has got a can of insect repellent tucked away in his utility belt.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Well, in a comic, Batman did actually win with a Kyrptonite suit.. soo..
Old 03-12-2007, 09:11 AM
Batman is indeed cunning and all, but ol' Spidey faced all kinds of threats and even took on the F4 all by himself... I agree that if you give Bats the time to study his oponent he'd win, but if they just engage into a fight without knowing each other, Spidey would kick his millonarie ass
Old 03-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Batman all the way, he’s just too damn smart for Spidy. He doesn’t need time to figure out how to beat an opponent, he can strategize on the fly.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:03 PM
but if batman suddenly in a fight with spider then he would have no gadets that would be able ot take the spider down, while spider has all he need all the time.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Where DOES he get all those wonderful toys...

Hmmm...

I predict Bats and Spidey fighting at least twice. Once for Bats to get a handle of Spidey's abilities and techniques or whatever. And the second to kick his ass.

That make sense? It does to me!
Old 03-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by parsonz
but if batman suddenly in a fight with spider then he would have no gadets that would be able ot take the spider down, while spider has all he need all the time.
Uhhh....utility belt? Do you mean Spiderman-specific gadgets? It seems Batman is being labeled as a "preperation only" combatant in this thread. He's also a master of improvising. He'd figure out a way to whoop Spidey's ass on the spot, more than likely.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Let us not forget Spidey isn't a dumbass, plus the spider-sense.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:08 PM
I'm tired of all this 'Batman could defeat anyone with his gadgets' crap I always hear on the internet.

Batman has ZERO count that ZERO super human abilities. Spiderman has been known to lift cars with his super human strength.

Lift cars vs 40 year old guy in body armor? I mean seriously.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jolanar
I'm tired of all this 'Batman could defeat anyone with his gadgets' crap I always hear on the internet.

Batman has ZERO count that ZERO super human abilities. Spiderman has been known to lift cars with his super human strength.

Lift cars vs 40 year old guy in body armor? I mean seriously.
Hell, he's been known to holdup the Daily Bugle building as it collapsed.

But underestimating Bats is exactly why so many have fallen before him.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:24 PM
I actually love Spidey more than Batman...
Old 03-19-2007, 09:03 PM
I like Spidey more than Bats, if the fight was a fist-fight, Bats would take spidey, but if Spidey used his powers, bats would have a hard time, and most likely lose.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:07 AM
C'mon guys!! Spidey fought the HULK and still lives!!!
'nuff said!
Old 03-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Leloup
C'mon guys!! Spidey fought the HULK and still lives!!!
'nuff said!
Completely moot. He had the Mr. Universe powers which made him stronger than the Silver Surfer at the time.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Superman can beat Hulk, Batman can beat Superman, so therefore Batman pwns all!
Old 03-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Silverload
Superman can beat Hulk, Batman can beat Superman, so therefore Batman pwns all!
Superman beath the Hulk in that stupid cross over series which was voted on by the fans (which is why Spidey beat Superboy in the first place) (And why Batman and Captain America basically truced)

Batman could never beat the Hulk, not even with the Batwing, he doesnt have any weaknesses he can exploit, unlike Superman.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by adamjohnson
Completely moot. He had the Mr. Universe powers which made him stronger than the Silver Surfer at the time.
That's true, but don't forget Spidey encountered the emerald green beheamoth many times and was able to make a stand, by throwing cars and buildings at him, but still... dunno what old Bats would do if someone throws a car at him.
Didn't Bats beat Supes with that krypto-ring? That doesn't count as a fair fight!
Old 03-21-2007, 06:56 PM
Exactly, the only reason Batman could ever beat Superman is by nullifying his powers with Kryptonite, and even that requires *a lot* of stupidity on Superman's part.

Batman has no way to nullify Spiderman's powers, short of taking on the Venom symbiote.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Exactly, the only reason Batman could ever beat Superman is by nullifying his powers with Kryptonite, and even that requires *a lot* of stupidity on Superman's part.

Batman has no way to nullify Spiderman's powers, short of taking on the Venom symbiote.
Again, there are chemicals the Green Goblin uses to nullify his Spider-sense, Batman could easily use those chemicals.

And IF Spidey went mad and tried to destroy the world. Bats would probably go as far as to don the symbiote suit.

And that'd be crazy.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Again, there are chemicals the Green Goblin uses to nullify his Spider-sense, Batman could easily use those chemicals.

And IF Spidey went mad and tried to destroy the world. Bats would probably go as far as to don the symbiote suit.

And that'd be crazy.
Even without his Spider-sense Batman would still have a very very very very very tough time defeating Spiderman, but it would at least be in the realm of possibility.

But I agree that Batman donning the symbiote would be crazy awesome. Imagine one of Batman's enemies, the Joker perhaps, finds a way to take control of Spiderman, forcing Batman to don the symbiote and lose control of himself. This shit writes itself.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Quote:

Not really. Superman actually gave Batman a Kryptonite ring to use in case someone ever made him go rogue. So Batman has that ring for just in case purposes.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:38 PM
Quote:

And that'd be crazy.
I can't even begin to describe the lengths I would go to in order to see that comic.

Somewhere between telling people I actually like Michael Bay's films, and touching Paris Hilton.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:03 AM
Yeah, that's one of those things we'll never see though - unless they do a oner.

Maybe if the Ventriliquest or Mad Hatter manages to take over Spidey's mind, Batman would realize the fight he has ahead of BAM.

OF course, none of this matters since they are in two alternate universes.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Fred Krueger
Not really. Superman actually gave Batman a Kryptonite ring to use in case someone ever made him go rogue. So Batman has that ring for just in case purposes.
He also has kryptonite gloves, which he used to beat up Superman on one occasion. Even without special gear, Batman can survive being attacked by Superman. He is the best hand-to-hand fighter in the DC universe, after all, though it is still ridiculous (considering how fast Superman is supposed to be).

Superman uses his powers very poorly almost all the time though. He'd be uninteresting if he didn't (I think he is anyway, but whatever).

Quote:
It doesn't really matter. He can nullify the Spider-Sense and then zap him with something from long range. Batman can beat almost anyone given enough time. Even the Hulk, since he could figure something out to make him revert to Banner.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:59 PM
On reflection, there are a lot of Spidey character who'd be fun to see in teh symbiote. Vulture, Rhino, Lizard. It'd be really interesting to see a perverse version of those characters.

Killer Croc. Hells geah.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Danger^Cart
On reflection, there are a lot of Spidey character who'd be fun to see in teh symbiote. Vulture, Rhino, Lizard. It'd be really interesting to see a perverse version of those characters.

Killer Croc. Hells geah.
Just curious if you were aware that the Scorpion currently has the symbiote? It's pretty stupid though... It's been strongly hinted Eddie Brock will get the symbiote back soon, which I think is cool
Old 03-27-2007, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim H
Just curious if you were aware that the Scorpion currently has the symbiote? It's pretty stupid though... It's been strongly hinted Eddie Brock will get the symbiote back soon, which I think is cool
I haven't read Spiderman on a regular basis in quite some time. Is this OU or Ultimate? I thought the Scorpion already had the symbiote, like right after Brock lost it? Then Venom 3 was that pussy mob kid who bought it. Am I correct? Anyhoo, I was under the impression a cancer ravaged Eddie was left to die in a dirty alley. Did Marvel find a way around this somehow? Wouldn't surprise me.

And when Scorpion had the symbiote before, it was just the guy. He wasn't in the Scorpion suit, so it didn't construct some sort of perversion, which is what I'm talking about.