Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > General Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2011, 02:01 AM
Old 07-16-2011, 11:32 PM
I can't diss on a man whos shoes I cannot wear even despite the obviousness of his issues. He has not maintained a leaner body, his newer movies are terrible, they don't even fall into the so bad they're good but really... who are you to say he's this and that, simply put, we don't know him... and if he were to come to your home I dare you to say the same things your saying now and feel the same emotions you had writing the rant. Don't judge him, simple.

As somebody who spent many, many years learning akido, he's certianly not a useless shit of a man.

Just let time take care of him but I suppose some just can't help but rant.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:28 AM
I don't suppose any of you guys watch Film Brain on That Guy With the Glasses? He's doing Seagal Month and he's reviewing some of Seagal's recent direct-to-video movies.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...n-out-of-reach
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...ry-for-justice
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...695-shadow-man

Pretty funny reviews.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:13 PM
OP, I can hear what you're saying. I was myself a huge fan of Seagal in the early nineties. I grew up on his films, as much as on Van Damme's, Sly's and Arnold's. I was already into martial arts at the time I saw Nico (Above the Law), but he inspired me to become a better fighter and I even started Aikido as well. I would copy some of his moves during the training sessions, which were VERY effective.

I still believe that despite the weight, he is a true master of his art. People mock him but few would dare do it in his face. Like the previous poster who called him a cunt.

Recently, he taught this kick (see post above) to two MMA fighters. I believe one of them used it to knock out cold Randy Couture. He may not be as fast as he used to be, or as impressive, but his knowledge as a 7th degree black belt in Aikido must be huge. The guy has been breathing martial arts for the last 45 years. He deserves respect for this. Plus he's done a lot for the animal cause.

But for the movies, yeah... it's truly terrible what he's become. He clearly does not care about his fans, or his career at this point. It basically pays his bills, and he couldn't care less about everything else. I still catch some of his DTV stuff nowadays, but I never pay a cent for it. The last good surprise came with Urban Justice in 2007. It was a low-budget return to the good old times of Nico, Marked For Death and Out for Justice. But I do not believe one second he'll make one more good film. It's sad. But as an ex-fan, you can only accept this and move on.

Last edited by Fenrir; 07-26-2011 at 10:20 PM..
Old 03-09-2012, 08:08 AM
Too all you cowards dissing Seagal, he's actually cooler than you'll ever be. Meet him in person and he'll wipe the floor with your pussy asses with one or two swift Akido moves. You'd be begging for mercy.

He might have put on weight but he knows how to harness it for maximum power. So if I were you I'd be worried.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyboardwarrior View Post
. . . but he knows how to harness it for maximum power.
Couldn't help but laugh at that one.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyboardwarrior View Post
Too all you cowards dissing Seagal, he's actually cooler than you'll ever be. Meet him in person and he'll wipe the floor with your pussy asses with one or two swift Akido moves. You'd be begging for mercy. He might have put on weight but he knows how to harness it for maximum power. So if I were you I'd be worried.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:08 AM
One time Steven Seagal took a shit. That shit became conscious and self-aware. It evolved into a human. Steven Seagal named that shit Chuck Norris.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:17 PM
I liked Seagal from his first hit up until Exit Wounds. After that, I lost interest. And I don't care about his new series.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Did Steven Seagal just post on our message board?
Old 04-10-2012, 01:39 AM
Seagal doesn't post as much as just will words into submission.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Well l have to say alos that l never liked Stevens acting and he was never as good as Arine

In the 80's we had around 3 great actors and they were Arnie Stallone and Chuck Norris

In those days they were great to watch but as always we have to have other actors competting in action movies

But one thing l was surprised about Steven is when he packed on so much waeht

Alot of these action stars like to stay fit

He was never a nice looking man and he still sint today
Old 04-10-2012, 09:33 PM
sint?
Old 04-10-2012, 09:49 PM
What do you mean by that little single word God Of War