#761  
Old 04-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
Hmmm, as an old school comic fan, I figured you wouldn't be a fan of the Winter Soldier story-arc or, similarly, the return of Jason Todd.
So, let me clear up a common mis-conception. People think that just because both of these stories came out at the same time, that if you're against one, you're against the other. In my case, that's not true. While I would agree that the history of comics is full of dead characters who will, and should, never come back, the reality is that modern comics have two states of being, you're either "alive" or you're "getting better". Dying is like being put on the DL in sports: you might miss the season, or just a couple of weeks, but you come back eventually. There are exceptions:

1) Jor-el and Lara

2) Uncle Ben

3) Thomas and Martha Wayne

4) The flying Graysons

But they are few and far in between. I always thought Jason Todd belonged on this list, but that Bucky did not. In the interest of fair play, a Marvel U "Bad, bad idea to bring him back" was Norman Osbourne. In fact, Norman has become the mascot for bad death bring backs. He died a convincing death, and it was a death with meaning (convincing Harry to, well, take on the family legacy), there was no point and no purpose in bringing him back (and the way they did it, he was in Europe the whole time. At least try)

Okay, so Bucky versus Jason. The big, big difference between the two is how they died. In general, a bring back is more convincing the more obscure the death actually was. Its easier to fudge the details. In Jason's case, there were no details to fudge. Denny O'neill wrote that story to serve one purpose: to be so completely iron-clad, in every detail, so as to make it known that there was no way Jason Todd was ever, ever going to come back. That this was a death that was permanent and irrevocable. The Joker beat him to death with a crowbar, the kid was blown up in a house full of TNT, and Batman, the world's greatest detective, found the body, examined it, and declared him dead. That's as bulletproof as you can get.

The way they brought him back was lame too, so Superboy prime punches the wall of his paradise dimension, creates continuity waves, and switches the Jason who lived for the one who died? Really? So, Superboy Prime was so powerful that his actions not only affected the DCU, they stretched out into real reality and went back to the 1980s and made people call the number that had Jason live and not the one where he died? You can see how this is stretching disbelief, even for a comic. Plus, the story was written by Judd Winnick, a very lame mainstream writer (aside: his B and C level books, like Justice League Generations Lost are very, very good, his A level stuff, Superman and Batman, suck)

Now, Bucky was a different kettle of Fish. At the start of the silver age, Stan Lee wrote the death of Bucky. However, what's key here is what the story did NOT include: the Joker didn't beat Bucky to death with a crow-bar, the Joker didn't blow him up, and the world's greatest detective didn't find the body and declare him dead. Here's what happened. Bucky and Cap were holding onto a plane over the English channel, there's an explosion (in which you never see anything but Cap seeing a giant explosion) and then, Cap falls into the water and wounds up frozen in a block of ice. That's it. No crowbar, no TNT, no body, no nothing. If Cap could survive that explosion completely intact, and Bucky was on the other side of the plane, doesn't it make a great deal of sense that Bucky would survive too? See the difference is Jason Todd was dead, Brubaker never brought Bucky back, because Bucky was never "dead" to begin with. Stan Lee never actually killed him off, he wrote a story to "get rid" or Bucky, but left plenty of wiggle room. Denny O'neill wrote a story to get rid of Jason, and left no wiggle room.

Bringing Bucky back also involved no stretch of disbelief. If makes perfect sense Bucky survived the crash, with injuries, that he fell into the british channel, and that a russian sub (who would obviously be there, and would recognize the value of what they'd just gotten) would pick him up, and take him back to Russia where the Russians would brainwash him into being an assasin during the cold war. It's a story that makes sense, even in a real world setting. Its plausible, and the key to the whole thing is that Stan Lee never actually killed Bucky, saying Bucky died is a misnomer. Plus the story was written by the great Ed Brubaker, and I'll give anything he writes at least a shot. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
  #762  
Old 04-06-2012, 09:02 PM
call me stupid but Dick Grayson , Jor-el , Batman , the Joker and the justice league have 0 relation to the Avengers. They're all DC properties.
Reply With Quote
  #763  
Old 04-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soda View Post
I actually thought Civil War was a pretty awful comic, and I hope they never go there.

Briefly, the problem with civil war was that it was a story told backwards. Lots of stories have morals to them, lots of them have complexity. Well and good. What you should never do, as a story teller, is to pick your moral first, decide what you want the lesson of the story to be, and then craft a story around it. It should be the other way around, especially in comics. Morals should flow naturally from the story. Comics, as a medium, is all about entertainment, if its not entertaining, first and foremost, that's a clue its not a story worth telling. Civil War, to me anyway, was Marvel's attempt to respond to Identity Crisis, and the rampant popularity (in sales anyway) that that book generated. IC was actually really slow the first few issues, and the big twist in issue #6, something that had everything to do with the plot, was a pretty big deal.

The other big problem was that civil war was a story told structurally. Marvel had this place where they wanted the story to go, they had a point they wanted to make, and they pigeon-holed the characters into it. I have a real hard time that Steve and Tony would act that way, their motivations didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Again, it is all about what you like and what you enjoy. If you dug Civil War, great, good for you, and I'm not going to be the one who tells you you're wrong. All I'm going to say is what I thought about it, that's all.

To me, Marvel books like Secret Invasion and AvX are better stories (although with AvX its hard to tell, because we just got issue 1) from a structural standpoint. The plot of Civil War may be more "real world" (or at least as real world as comics can get) than the other two (let's face it, "everyone's a skrull and we have to find out who, so no one can trust anyone else", is pretty much a comic book plot, so is "the phoenix is coming to earth and we have to stop it, so we're going to fight over this hope girl" is also) but this is comics, comics is about escapism literature to start with. This doesn't mean that a story with a fantastical step-up is necessarily a good one, world war hulk and Fear Itself were awful, because execution is still the name of the game. A poor idea flawlessly executed will always beat a great idea poorly executed. In the end, with comic ideas, simplicity is the name of the game. Keep it easy to understand, and leave politics out of it. If the lesson flows from the story, great, but, as Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes once remarked, if you don't learn any big lesson, that's okay too. Just keep it entertaining.
When I mentioned the Civil War' aspect I was speaking specifically about the conflict each side faces when it comes to picking a side. Joss said he wanted the sequel to focus on a more personal issue, which I think, ideally, would be the spilt between the Avengers while at the same time introducing new characters like Ant-Man (if this movie ever gets made), The Vision, Dr. Strage, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #764  
Old 04-08-2012, 07:19 PM
I went yesterday to walmart and in the toy section i saw Avengers action figures on sale now. And the film is in a couple of weeks to get released.
Reply With Quote
  #765  
Old 04-09-2012, 07:14 AM
I get to see this a whole week before it comes out in USA?...Woohooo!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #766  
Old 04-09-2012, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
call me stupid but Dick Grayson , Jor-el , Batman , the Joker and the justice league have 0 relation to the Avengers. They're all DC properties.
I don't think that was his point. The point is that if someone who is human can clearly be killed off and have one of the greatest minds declare it fact, there is no reason someone like Bucky, who "could" have survived the fall, should remain dead.
Reply With Quote
  #767  
Old 04-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodMagnus View Post
I don't think that was his point. The point is that if someone who is human can clearly be killed off and have one of the greatest minds declare it fact, there is no reason someone like Bucky, who "could" have survived the fall, should remain dead.
I actually didn't start the bringing up the DC aspects thing. The reason I went there is because Smiert brought it up, and I was simply replying to him. The relevant part is his last post in this thread:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
Hmmm, as an old school comic fan, I figured you wouldn't be a fan of the Winter Soldier story-arc or, similarly, the return of Jason Todd.
The reason I went so hard core with the reply is because the point Smiert made is a common mis-conception amongst people who only passingly follow comics, or don't follow comics at all. That's okay, we're all ignorant about something that's cool to someone else. Briefly then, here's what Smiert was alluding too (so that if you're still confused, you can at least echo the words of C-3PO "I don't know what's going on, but I'm sure it's all your fault." )

Bucky and Robin are two characters who are tied at the hip. They were the first Superhero sidekicks. Robin was first, and Bucky came second. They were both young versions of the hero. And they both served their country in WW2 (or as Nick Fury would call it TBO = The Big One):

Here's Robin:



Cap (with Bucky's name on the cover):



With these similarities at their birth, the two start to diverge. In the silver age, Stan Lee hated the idea of Cap having a teenage sidekick, hence the English Channel scene I posted earlier. Eventually, the first Robin, Dick Grayson (whose pictured in the cover above) grew up, went to college, and became Nightwing. There's the classic Batman TAS episode that shows the falling out between Nightwing and Batman. Batman eventually finds a second Robin: Jason Todd. Or, as he is most famously pictured, this guy:



(That's him on the right, the guy on the left is Tim Drake, the guy who became Robin after Jason Todd died and gave birth to the "Curse of the even numbered Robins")

Jason Todd dies, as I alluded to above, in a book called Death in the Family:



However, at about the exact same time (in real world time) Ed Brubaker decides, at Marvel Comics, to bring back Bucky, and Judd Winnick decides, at DC, to bring back Jason. Bucky comes back in:



meanwhile, like I said, during the same few months, over at DC, Winnick is working on:



This book features a new supervillian known as the Red Hood, who turns out to be a resurrected Jason Todd.

Now, the fact that both of these comics, though widely different in quality and execution, features two characters that were joined at the hip ever since the golden age (the 1940s) and that both came back, initially, as villains (the winter soldier and the red hood) sparked the inevitable comparisons that Smiert made in his post. There was a whole lot of "they're the same story" and if "you like one, you like the other" type stuff going on around that time. Think Ants and a Bug's Life, to get some idea of what I'm talking about.
Reply With Quote
  #768  
Old 04-11-2012, 10:34 PM


I like that he's actually sorta unmuscular. I bet Ruffalo looks similar.
Reply With Quote
  #769  
Old 04-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post


I like that he's actually sorta unmuscular. I bet Ruffalo looks similar.
I'm pretty SURE that he will be alot more muscular in the film. It's not like this magazine cover is the greatest picture of how the Hulk will look in The Avengers.
Reply With Quote
  #770  
Old 04-11-2012, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightAngel View Post
I went yesterday to walmart and in the toy section i saw Avengers action figures on sale now. And the film is in a couple of weeks to get released.
The little kid in me wants all of the action figures. I mean how could you not get caught up in all of the craze?
Reply With Quote
  #771  
Old 04-12-2012, 12:56 AM
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=57776

"Not a false note. Innovative. BRUTAL. And goddamn funny. Hype = believe it."

Reply With Quote
  #772  
Old 04-12-2012, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeChar4321 View Post
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=57776

"Not a false note. Innovative. BRUTAL. And goddamn funny. Hype = believe it."

Reply With Quote
  #773  
Old 04-12-2012, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeChar4321 View Post
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=57776

"Not a false note. Innovative. BRUTAL. And goddamn funny. Hype = believe it."

Even more hyped up for Saturday's screening now!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #774  
Old 04-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Sounds like Whedon has done it, although I get the sense from some of those tweets that the first half might be a bit of a mess.

Last edited by Bourne101; 04-12-2012 at 10:06 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #775  
Old 04-12-2012, 10:51 AM
From Edgar Wright
Quote:
'The Avengers' is a big tub of popcorn heaven. A huge grin on my face throughout and much applause from the crowd too. Well done Mr. Whedon

Love it!


I also like love that Seth Green said it's The Avengers film we deserve. Fuck yes!!!!!!! Can't wait

Last edited by Frosty_86; 04-12-2012 at 11:09 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #776  
Old 04-12-2012, 05:39 PM
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Reply With Quote
  #777  
Old 04-12-2012, 08:44 PM
New poster.

Reply With Quote
  #778  
Old 04-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Nice!
Reply With Quote
  #779  
Old 04-13-2012, 04:16 PM
Fuck. Yes. I am wearing my hulk shirt to it when it comes. May cannot come soon enough.
Reply With Quote
  #780  
Old 04-14-2012, 05:07 AM

I absolutely love these two new images of the Hulk...

Spoiler:

In the first image it looks like he's taken quite a beating. But has come out on top.

The second image looks so cool as well.
Reply With Quote
  #781  
Old 04-14-2012, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soda View Post
Think Ants and a Bug's Life, to get some idea of what I'm talking about.
aaaaaaw i get it now

Never was a big Captain America fan so the Bucky/Robin correlation was lost on me.

Batman-Spiderman-Xmen ... that's the only comics i read often. ( also some Archie's ... shame shame ).

Actually , in all the Avengers , i only have interest in Ironman but the movies so far perfectly tie one into another.

I'm lazy tho ... watched the animated version 2 years ago
Reply With Quote
  #782  
Old 04-15-2012, 05:27 AM
The Avengers is that rare/comic book/action film,that not only provides exciting and fun action sequences,but also pulled me in emotionally with its provision of backstory and view of the inner demons of the colorful characters that inhabit this nearly perfect film.

Director/writer Joss Whedon deserves praise for doing his homework on some of the most popular characters in the world.He puts the nature,spirit and mannerisms i love about the characters on the big screen
Each character is given multiple times to shine Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man,Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America,Mark Ruffalo as Dr. Bruce Banner / Hulk,Chris Hemsworth as Thor,Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow
Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton / Hawkeye,Tom Hiddleston as Loki,Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury,Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill,Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson,and Gwyneth Paltrow
as Pepper Potts
A lot of other films have attempted to put a ton of characters in a film which resulted in an overpopulated film, in which i ended up not caring for the characters and i felt the studio behind the film was just looking for action figure and Happy Meal money.
The Avengers is the complete opposite of the aforementioned.
Whedon also gets better performances from the cast,far better than what was displayed in the connecting Marvel films that lead to The Avengers.He lets the characters get under each other's skin,they not only poke fun at each other
but each character has their own Self-deprecating moments

There are revelations and surprises that are the icing on the cake of this fun film.
It has some flaws,the standout is that it borrows a bit from a couple of popular
Sci-Fi films.
Other than that everything else works just the right amount of romance,humor,and action.
If you are a Marvel super fan,casual fan or just a lover of action films,if you dont have fun with this film,check your pulse because you may be dead!!
I truly hope Whedon returns to direct the second ,third ,fourth Avengers film...yes im thinking ahead but thats how much i loved this movie
Scale of 1-10 a 9

Sidenote
Security was so tight for this screening,cell phones,and laptops,any type of recording device was collected plus i was waved with a metal detector and security scanned the crowd with nightvision.Sure it was annoying but i think Marvel/Disney just want people to experience the film they way it should be on the big screen!!!

Last edited by anakinsrise; 04-15-2012 at 04:48 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #783  
Old 04-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anakinsrise View Post
The Avengers is that rare/comic book/action film,that not only provides exciting and fun action sequences,but also pulled me in emotionally with its provition of backstory and view of the inner demons of the colorful characters that inhabit this nearly perfect film.
You had me at hello!

One question however, why is "borrowing a bit from a couple of popular Sci-Fi films" considered a flaw? It may not be original but does that make it bad? Adapting what works in a few instances from legendary films never bothers me and I really never understood such critiques. It's like critiquing a football team/coach for running the same offensive scheme that last year's champion used. To me, as long as it isn't completely unoriginal, that's just smart.

This may be an unfair question at this time because I do NOT want to know specifics or spoilers.

It's great to read that review and confirmation that character accompanies the spectacle!
Reply With Quote
  #784  
Old 04-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Finding spoiler free reviews may get tough from here on out but here seems to be a genuine spoiler free reaction...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtAHTgLMY24
Reply With Quote
  #785  
Old 04-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeChar4321 View Post
You had me at hello!

One question however, why is "borrowing a bit from a couple of popular Sci-Fi films" considered a flaw? It may not be original but does that make it bad? Adapting what works in a few instances from legendary films never bothers me and I really never understood such critiques. It's like critiquing a football team/coach for running the same offensive scheme that last year's champion used. To me, as long as it isn't completely unoriginal, that's just smart.

This may be an unfair question at this time because I do NOT want to know specifics or spoilers.

It's great to read that review and confirmation that character accompanies the spectacle!
I see your point JoeChar4321. I guess its the fact that everything was so good before that i would call it more of a disappointment that something more original didnt happen.But it is minor.

I really cant wait for you and everyone else to see the movie,your reviews and what you like or didnt like about it.Its the type of movie i want to see with a huge audience again. I actually missed a few lines because of all the applause from the audience.Plus i cant wait to see the new scene that was shot right after the premiere of the movie.

Last edited by anakinsrise; 04-15-2012 at 04:58 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #786  
Old 04-16-2012, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anakinsrise View Post
The Avengers is that rare/comic book/action film,that not only provides exciting and fun action sequences,but also pulled me in emotionally with its provision of backstory and view of the inner demons of the colorful characters that inhabit this nearly perfect film.

Director/writer Joss Whedon deserves praise for doing his homework on some of the most popular characters in the world.He puts the nature,spirit and mannerisms i love about the characters on the big screen
Each character is given multiple times to shine Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man,Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America,Mark Ruffalo as Dr. Bruce Banner / Hulk,Chris Hemsworth as Thor,Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow
Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton / Hawkeye,Tom Hiddleston as Loki,Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury,Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill,Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson,and Gwyneth Paltrow
as Pepper Potts
A lot of other films have attempted to put a ton of characters in a film which resulted in an overpopulated film, in which i ended up not caring for the characters and i felt the studio behind the film was just looking for action figure and Happy Meal money.
The Avengers is the complete opposite of the aforementioned.
Whedon also gets better performances from the cast,far better than what was displayed in the connecting Marvel films that lead to The Avengers.He lets the characters get under each other's skin,they not only poke fun at each other
but each character has their own Self-deprecating moments

There are revelations and surprises that are the icing on the cake of this fun film.
It has some flaws,the standout is that it borrows a bit from a couple of popular
Sci-Fi films.
Other than that everything else works just the right amount of romance,humor,and action.
If you are a Marvel super fan,casual fan or just a lover of action films,if you dont have fun with this film,check your pulse because you may be dead!!
I truly hope Whedon returns to direct the second ,third ,fourth Avengers film...yes im thinking ahead but thats how much i loved this movie
Scale of 1-10 a 9

Sidenote
Security was so tight for this screening,cell phones,and laptops,any type of recording device was collected plus i was waved with a metal detector and security scanned the crowd with nightvision.Sure it was annoying but i think Marvel/Disney just want people to experience the film they way it should be on the big screen!!!
From what movies does this one borrow some ideas ?
Reply With Quote
  #787  
Old 04-16-2012, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuatroDiablos View Post
From what movies does this one borrow some ideas ?

Spoiler:
Independence Day & Battle Los Angeles
Reply With Quote
  #788  
Old 04-17-2012, 01:45 AM
Thor vs Iron Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku-xK9eJQyM
Reply With Quote
  #789  
Old 04-17-2012, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by project 86 View Post
"How about that?"

Thank you so much for this. The fight scene looks awesome between them and showing how powerful Thor really is.

The Dark Knight should be scared, because this movie is going to give it a run for best superhero movie of all time. And from what we have seen and heard, would not be surprised if it is better.
Reply With Quote
  #790  
Old 04-17-2012, 09:23 AM
Its REALLY interesting to see the universes mashed together - moreso than I really expected. All that scene I was thinking, I wonder what Tony is thinking right now; Has he ever fought someone at this point with super strength and non-tech based powers?

And then I go squee inside.

I also loved Thor's retaliatory headbutt. There's actually a bit of Thor's character in that reaction, and it's really, really smart.
Reply With Quote
  #791  
Old 04-17-2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Soloist View Post

The Dark Knight should be scared, because this movie is going to give it a run for best superhero movie of all time. And from what we have seen and heard, would not be surprised if it is better.
Reply With Quote
  #792  
Old 04-17-2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
All that scene I was thinking, I wonder what Tony is thinking right now; Has he ever fought someone at this point with super strength and non-tech based powers?
Okay, I just had to chip in on this one, its so perfect, right down my wheelhouse. You want to know how Tony moth&^f*%king Stark rolls? He lives in the marvel U, remember, where fighting Thor isn't, by a huge long shot, what you would expect the most lopside matchup to be. My pick would be Iron Man vs.:



Dude, your armor is metal, are you freakin' crazy?!?!?! But, again, that's the way Mr. Stark rolls. He's lived on the same planet with these guys forever, fought all of them a time or two, Tony Stark is a super-genius, he's ready, and he's got more than a few tricks up his sleeve.
Reply With Quote
  #793  
Old 04-17-2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
aaaaaaw i get it now

Never was a big Captain America fan so the Bucky/Robin correlation was lost on me.
Don't worry about it, nobody read Cap before Ed Brubaker took over the book. Before Bru, there was the Mark Waid run years ago, but nobody really read that either. For decades, Cap was the guy who would show up, recite the pledge of allegiance and punch the bad guy in the face. Not much there. Brubaker has taken the character and run with it to new places not seen before. The run has tampered off a bit, but the first 50 or so issues are as good as comics gets.
Reply With Quote
  #794  
Old 04-17-2012, 01:45 PM
Super spoilerish...but it makes sense that it happens.

Spoiler:
Thor fights Hulk in this.
Reply With Quote
  #795  
Old 04-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soda View Post
Okay, I just had to chip in on this one, its so perfect, right down my wheelhouse. You want to know how Tony moth&^f*%king Stark rolls? He lives in the marvel U, remember, where fighting Thor isn't, by a huge long shot, what you would expect the most lopside matchup to be. My pick would be Iron Man vs.:

Dude, your armor is metal, are you freakin' crazy?!?!?! But, again, that's the way Mr. Stark rolls. He's lived on the same planet with these guys forever, fought all of them a time or two, Tony Stark is a super-genius, he's ready, and he's got more than a few tricks up his sleeve.
Well, of course, I just meant the films.

Also, as an aside, I have a feeling he can develop a non-magnetic armor.
Reply With Quote
  #796  
Old 04-17-2012, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soda View Post
Okay, I just had to chip in on this one, its so perfect, right down my wheelhouse. You want to know how Tony moth&^f*%king Stark rolls? He lives in the marvel U, remember, where fighting Thor isn't, by a huge long shot, what you would expect the most lopside matchup to be. My pick would be Iron Man vs.:



Dude, your armor is metal, are you freakin' crazy?!?!?! But, again, that's the way Mr. Stark rolls. He's lived on the same planet with these guys forever, fought all of them a time or two, Tony Stark is a super-genius, he's ready, and he's got more than a few tricks up his sleeve.
Looks great to me!

Like adamjohnson said, I'm quite certain Tony has made a non-magnetic suit in the past. I seem to remember the Avengers taking down Magneto when he was wearing that dumb pink costume with the giant "M" on it and the Sub-Mariner was an Avenger at the time.

Also...

Spoiler:


SWEET!
Reply With Quote
  #797  
Old 04-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soda View Post
Don't worry about it, nobody read Cap before Ed Brubaker took over the book. Before Bru, there was the Mark Waid run years ago, but nobody really read that either. For decades, Cap was the guy who would show up, recite the pledge of allegiance and punch the bad guy in the face. Not much there. Brubaker has taken the character and run with it to new places not seen before. The run has tampered off a bit, but the first 50 or so issues are as good as comics gets.
Good to hear from a long time fan. A superhero movie is hyped and suddently everyone knows everything about it.

I'm hyped about Avengers too ... just not for the same reason.
Reply With Quote
  #798  
Old 04-18-2012, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anakinsrise View Post
Each character is given multiple times to shine Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts
So Gwyneth IS in this after all?
Reply With Quote
  #799  
Old 04-18-2012, 01:16 PM
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=57897

official alien race in the Avengers!

Who's heard of em?
Reply With Quote
  #800  
Old 04-18-2012, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Soloist View Post
The Dark Knight should be scared, because this movie is going to give it a run for best superhero movie of all time. And from what we have seen and heard, would not be surprised if it is better.
I have a feeling that this is going to boil down to which style you prefer. Avengers looks like a living breathing comic. Nolan's Batman has so far avoided embracing the comic.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump