Old 06-22-2008, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarComa View Post
King Crimson > Can.

Yes > Roxy Music, mwahahaha.

Brian Enos work with Robert Fripp, anything else Eno has done.

Led Zeppelin are a great band, and yes here that IS an unpopular opinion.

I love U2, Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, Pearl Jam and most bands Urban and over a third of the MB populice dispises.

And chances are I loath many of the bands you do like.

Modest Mouse is the worst band in music history, anyone who disagrees is just wrong. Bad guitarist, bad bassist, bad drummer, bad vocalists, bad lyrics, bad melodies, there is nothing positive you can say about them, and if you do have something postitive to say, chances are I will dislike you as a person.

Metallica may be overrated, but they are still better than any extreme metal band I have ever heard.

Nirvana do not fucking sound like Pixies, and as opposed to the well regarded belief among Indie losers, Nirvana make better music as well.

Oh yeah, and Pixies are goddamned overrated as holy fuck here, there and everywhere (intentional Beatles reference).

Nick Drake is an incredibly dull "musician" with a voice like a robot who strums over a poorly tuned accoustic guitar he dosen't even know how to play all the while trying to be all "personal" and "emotional" and failing miserably.

Most Emo dosen't suck balls, but most Indie sure as hell does.

Megadeth are talented, but I still find them completely unlistenable.

Johnny Thunders is NOT a very good guitarist, even if his punk rock influence should not be ignored.

Why this will hurt my prog cred greatly, I find Marillion to be incredibly dull, Steve Rothery is a pretty good guitarist though, even if he is a shameless Gilmour ripoff.

Gilmour > Barrett.

Everyone here loves Simplicity, nothing wrong with that, I just find Complexity to be more rewarding.

I don't care how good a songwriter you are if I can't even fucking listen to your vocals, as far as I'm concerned, Leonard Cohen is trash.

Interpol are worse than Nickelback.

Your turn.
I disagree with most everything you say, but thats OK.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:40 PM
There is nothing extraordinary or special about what Cat Power does. She has a good voice and she's an ok musician. That's all. None of her covers have changed the way people look at the original song.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:25 PM
I don't care for Rolling stone except for few songs

That goes for Van Halen

I don't like Iron Maiden

I'm tired of Phish. their ok but overated.

I'm a huge Kid Rock fan

Last edited by athf1980; 06-25-2008 at 08:55 PM..
Old 06-24-2008, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewDB View Post
Most of Nirvana's fans are Nirvana fans because they believe Kurt Cobain was a martyr for his cause
This is a complete load of shit.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Nightcrawler View Post
Slipknot's last two albums have been great; their first self-titled sucks balls.
Thats true 9even though i hear a song now and again....too bad it ages like shit), although i never really enjoyed Iowa, just a couple songs.

Subliminal Verses is still a kick ass album though. i may see them at this Rockstar mayhem fest.

Anyways....i like Panic at the Disco's new cd....sue me!
Old 06-25-2008, 12:18 AM
Sevendust is the best band to work out/run to
Old 06-25-2008, 07:05 PM
the police,genesis,dire straits are everything that is wrong with british music

bon jovi,bryan adams, are shit

prince's lovesexy album is one of the most underated of all time.

morrissey is better solo than with the smiths

echo and the bunnymen are the most underated uk band ever

take that are not awful

grandmaster flash are a forgotten gem.

james should have been massive

pulp's performance at glastonbury in 1995 is the best live performance ive ever watched on tv.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:09 PM
I really donít like sublime. Not that great of a band. Maybe two ok songs. And always thought nirvana sucked.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:41 PM
appetite for destruction is one of the best albums of all time

would people still hate bands like def leppard and quiet riot if they had no idea what they looked like. hysteria is one of the biggest albums of all time with some serious music on it but is treated like a joke now cause they are a "hair band"

i hate the term hair band

if everybody hates nickelback...how in the hell was there last album in the top 10 for like 2 years

kid rock is one of the most talented musicians out there today... he can play every instrument, rap, and sing on key. he has been on rap, rock, and country charts. and why is it ok to sample on rap songs, but not rock songs. all summer long is a good jam
Old 06-25-2008, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muttly69 View Post
I really donít like sublime. Not that great of a band. Maybe two ok songs.
I'll take what you said further. Their music was dogshit.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:24 PM
I dont care what anyone says: Janis Joplin is not at all a good singer. She sounds like Courtney Love after she drank a bottle of bleach. Joplin makes my ears bleed more than anyone else.

Pearl Jam is better than Nirvana as far as talent goes. But Nirvana has better songs. Pearl Jam is WAY to preachy. Kurt Cobain is really a bad guitar player as far as pro's go. But Alice In Chains and Soundgarden are the best bands of the grunge era. Followed by STP.

Tool is highly overrated. They put me to sleep.

The only good thingto ever come out of GnR was Slash. The rest of the band and all GnR songs are trash.

Motorhead never get the credit they deserve. Besides maybe AC/DC (who I cant stand) no reock/metal band has been consistent. Ozzy surronds himself with great musicians like Zakk Wylde, nd Robert Trujillio to stay in the game. But Motorhead have kept the same line-up for awhile now and release at least good material.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul calf View Post
the police,genesis,dire straits are everything that is wrong with british music
dire straits (esp. knopfler) is awesome....."Brothers in Arms" is highly overrated, but if you're telling me "telegraph road", "sultans of swing" or any of the album "Making Movies" is bad.........i wouldnt quite know what to say.

The police suck

Genesis is still Okay, though they got progressively worse.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:41 AM
Nirvana was actually quite well-liked and immensely popular prior to Cobain's death.

Not an opinion as much as fact, I know, but there is a certain misconception about Nirvana's history that has apparently originated from people who learn about bands off of T-shirts bought from Hot Topic and VH1 specials.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post

Neil Diamond is a GOD.

Kenny Rogers is fucking cool.
All true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree0404 View Post
dire straits (esp. knopfler) is awesome....."Brothers in Arms" is highly overrated, but if you're telling me "telegraph road", "sultans of swing" or any of the album "Making Movies" is bad.........i wouldnt quite know what to say.
Right on.

Brothers in Arm is the best song off of Brothers in Arm. Money for Nothing pretty much sucks.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post
The Zombies top all of the above.
The Zombies and The Yardbirds remain sickeningly underrated.
Quote:
Neil Diamond is a GOD.

Kenny Rogers is fucking cool.
Again, I will state that I feel privileged to have access to your unique perspective on the world
Old 06-26-2008, 11:25 AM
I think pearl jam, led Zeppelin and nine inch nails are all shit.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:45 PM
The Rolling Stones and The Beatles are both overrated

Radiohead sucks.

Tool sucks.

Death Cab For Cutie and Nine Inch Nails are both overrated bands.

Smells Like Teen Spirit should be Nirvana's most famous song, because it is their best song (I don't know if that's an unpopular opinion here, but it is in my real world experiences.)

I like Hole...especially Celebrity Skin, and I don't care if Cobain wrote all of their lyrics and music...

And I am also a Kid Rock fan.

People are to hard on rap...
Old 06-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killuminati003 View Post
The Rolling Stones and The Beatles are both overrated

Radiohead sucks.

Tool sucks.

Death Cab For Cutie and Nine Inch Nails are both overrated bands.

Smells Like Teen Spirit should be Nirvana's most famous song, because it is their best song (I don't know if that's an unpopular opinion here, but it is in my real world experiences.)

I like Hole...especially Celebrity Skin, and I don't care if Cobain wrote all of their lyrics and music...

And I am also a Kid Rock fan.

People are to hard on rap...

What's it like listening to shitty music?
Old 06-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul calf View Post
prince's lovesexy album is one of the most underated of all time.

echo and the bunnymen are the most underated uk band ever

take that are not awful

pulp's performance at glastonbury in 1995 is the best live performance ive ever watched on tv.
I agree with much of the above.

I'd go one better and say Take That are a really decent pop band...and Back For Good, Never Forget and Shine are FAB pop songs!

Pulp at Glasto is legendary. It's definitely up there with the best live gigs!
Old 06-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Turgidson View Post
The Zombies and The Yardbirds remain sickeningly underrated.

Again, I will state that I feel privileged to have access to your unique perspective on the world
I agree. The Yardbirds are fantastiche.

Are you mocking the N. Diamond? I fucking love that tuneful Jewish lovegod.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Hell yeah, she did!
Old 06-26-2008, 09:51 PM
Double post...

Last edited by killuminati003; 06-26-2008 at 09:55 PM..
Old 06-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjohng View Post

lol, I think you misread my post.

I do not like Radiohead or Tool.

And as for Kid Rock and Hole, I was agreeing with people who said they liked them earlier.

And as for Death Cab For Cutie and Nine Inch Nails, they are alright but I don't wanna get into a big circle jerk with all of them like a lot of schmoes seem to be keen on doing.

And as for the Beatles, they have like four or five good songs, which of course is three or four more than the Rolling Stones have. People talk about these two bands as if they are just IT from the 60's and 70's, they always say you are either a Rolling Stones fan or a Beatles fan, but in reality, there are dozens of acts from those two decades that are better- CCR, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Led Zeppelin, Bob Marley, Bob Seger, Bob Dylan, Steely Dan, Van Morrison, The Eagles, Janis Joplin, Don McLean, Hendrix, Petty...I could go on.

And if you listen to the right Rap, it's amazing.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:59 AM
Quote:

And if you listen to the right Rap, it's amazing.

I agree.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:07 AM
Quote:
I agree.
I figured you would, I just wasn't sure what part of my post you were talking about with the shitty music comment. And a lot of people hate rap so...
Old 06-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Why are you such a music snob? Liking something you don't doesn't exactly make their music shit.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:36 PM
Quote:
I figured you would, I just wasn't sure what part of my post you were talking about with the shitty music comment. And a lot of people hate rap so...
Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead and Tool are 3 of my favorite artists. I wasn't being serious with that comment, that was just my sarcastic side coming out.

The rap I listen to in case you cared:

N.W.A.
Eazy-E
Saul Williams
Aesop Rock
Public Enemy
Jay-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage3 View Post
Why are you such a music snob? Liking something you don't doesn't exactly make their music shit.

You're new here so I'll let you in on something. I'm one of the sarcastic assholes on this board. I post meaningful posts every once in awhile, but mostly I just like giving people a hard time, even though I'm just toying around with them. Like I told the above poster, I was just being sarcastic. It's all good here.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage3 View Post
When your talking about kid rock it does, and knowing about good music don't make you a snob.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy L Dennis View Post
and knowing about good music don't make you a snob.
I've been continuously impressed by how it really does, most of the time.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:11 PM
well if your knowledge of music is not that important to you, then so be it.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead and Tool are 3 of my favorite artists. I wasn't being serious with that comment, that was just my sarcastic side coming out.

The rap I listen to in case you cared:

N.W.A.
Eazy-E
Saul Williams
Aesop Rock
Public Enemy
Jay-Z
I like Nine Inch Nails, and again I figured you weren't being to serious, I was jokingly defending my opinions. I've really, really tried to like Radiohead, I've tried so hard but I just...honestly can't stand their music. I don't dislike Tool as bad, but I can't listen to them on a regular basis. I do like a lot of Nine Inch Nails stuff tho, I just don't think that Trent Reznor is the most influential person in music, which is something I've actually read in magazines and online articles.

I like N.W.A., as they were active before Dr.Dre went all bitchy on us, I don't really like Saul Williams but I don't hate him, I recently bought Aesop Rock's new album and I love it, Public Enemy are phenomenal, and I think Jay-Z is pretty overrated.

The Rap I listen to, in case you cared...

Common
Talib Kweli
Mos Def
Kanye West
Dilated Peoples
Outkast
Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
The Roots
Jedi Mind Tricks
Nappy Roots
Tupac (especially Tupac...)
Spice 1
really, just about anyone from the underground, west coast scene of the 90's
Wu Tang
J Dilla
Rhymefest
Shwayze
Styles of Beyond

There are more, that's just off the top of my head, I listen to a lot of rap...
Old 06-27-2008, 06:06 PM
Quote:
well if your knowledge of music is not that important to you, then so be it.
I don't get it.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:36 PM
Quote:
When your talking about kid rock it does, and knowing about good music don't make you a snob.
No, but thinking that your opinion of what constitutes "good music" is definitive, does usually make you a snob.

I mean there are musicians that are great, that you cannot deny their ability, but that does not mean that you like them. Case in point, not many people would deny that Mariah Carey can sing good, I would readily admit it, but I am a fan of her music? No? My point is that there is a difference between what you like, and what is "good music"

I like Kid Rock, and he is actually pretty talented. I don't think he is the best singer, or guitarist, or really anything, but I still like his music. You don't, so I guess that means he doesn't make "good music".
Old 06-27-2008, 07:41 PM
Quote:
I do like a lot of Nine Inch Nails stuff tho, I just don't think that Trent Reznor is the most influential person in music, which is something I've actually read in magazines and online articles.

He isn't the most influential person in music, but he is definitely one of the most important and vital artists out there right now. Especially now that he has almost made it a personal goal to fuck over record labels. We'll see what happens.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:29 PM
Oh, I fucking hate Bob Seger and really bad. The closest thing he has to a good song just rips off a Brian Eno melody and once too often I almost mistook that song as something worth a damn.

That's one thing that always gives me "No!!!!" --- Seger will come on a jukebox and I'll get angry and state my dislike for him. Everyone consistently acts like I'm insulting Mr. Rogers or something. Seriously, I don't get the appreciation of this guy. I can't stand his entire schtick.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaStrangelove View Post
Oh, I fucking hate Bob Seger and really bad. The closest thing he has to a good song just rips off a Brian Eno melody and once too often I almost mistook that song as something worth a damn.

That's one thing that always gives me "No!!!!" --- Seger will come on a jukebox and I'll get angry and state my dislike for him. Everyone consistently acts like I'm insulting Mr. Rogers or something. Seriously, I don't get the appreciation of this guy. I can't stand his entire schtick.

Maybe you need to spend some time here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zunyXjzJLp0
Old 06-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaStrangelove View Post

I think Bubba tried to re-enact the Risky Business scene when his parents weren't home, and while sliding on the floor, he fell and broke his wrist.

Thus his hatred began for BOB SEGER!

(I only heard Old time and Rock and Roll, so i got nothing!)
Old 06-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Turgidson View Post
Ray Davies is a boring, overrated asshole.
Ray Davies is on par with any songwriter from his era.

Oh and a lot of the opinions in this thread are kinda laughable.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Maybe you need to spend some time here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zunyXjzJLp0

Ah, your set-up took the sting off, but any other time I would have felt The Anger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HyDe807 View Post
I think Bubba tried to re-enact the Risky Business scene when his parents weren't home, and while sliding on the floor, he fell and broke his wrist.

Thus his hatred began for BOB SEGER!
Close, but take out the injury and throw in a plot against me put together in correlation with the A/V club, homecoming committee, and 3 ex-girlfriends and you'll get even closer.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:37 PM
Oh, and "Sailing" by Christopher Cross is matched in genius only by "Arthur's Theme".