#441  
Old 09-21-2008, 12:27 PM
I actually really like the Iron Man one. I think it would look better without the red border, but it still looks great to me.
Reply With Quote
  #442  
Old 09-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Blue Ray

even the blue ray version has the red border which is a shame
Reply With Quote
  #443  
Old 09-21-2008, 08:26 PM
whats up with the slack on the steelbook thread theres atleast 2 steelbooks being released this tuesday and havent heard much about them

anyway i need a little help if anyone knows on futureshop.com they have the sex in the city steelbook its black & pink i got a friend getting me one then i found 1 on ebay ill put a picture below it looks completly different and the guy says is a us release not canada release and its a 2disc extended cut has anyone else heard of a us release steelbook for sex in the city if so where they selling them
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	c0e6_1[1].jpg
Views:	137
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	7458   Click image for larger version

Name:	dvd2155388[1].jpg
Views:	131
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	7459  
Reply With Quote
  #444  
Old 09-21-2008, 10:42 PM
I know sex and the city is out on tuesday, but what else is there? *NEVERMIND GODFATHER*
And in the ad for best buy this morning it said they have an exclusive cover or case or something, it didn't exactly say steelbook, but it looked like one...

EDIT* Confirmed!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=Sex+and+the+Cit y&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=-streetdate+skuid&qp=crootcategoryid%23%23-1%23%23-1~~q53657820616e64207468652043697479~~nccat02015%2 3%230%23%23c&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&p=[promotion%2C+synonymns]&_D%3Ap=+&pu=defaultusr&_D%3Apu=+&pt=1221973201&ih t=n&_DARGS=%2Fsite%2Fen_US%2Fsearch%2Ffragments%2F includes%2Folssearchparameters.jsp

Last edited by camaron08; 09-21-2008 at 10:46 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #445  
Old 09-22-2008, 10:23 AM
thanks man i didnt know that 1 more question anyone know if its the same releases for canada most important is if they look the same please let me know and yes i was talking about godfather
Reply With Quote
  #446  
Old 09-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Same thing, just a different cover. I believe it's the one you posted, the one on the left (pink one). I have no idea if canada is getting godfather, but the UK steel is the same as US so I would guess that all GF steels would be the same.
Reply With Quote
  #447  
Old 09-22-2008, 03:33 PM
I don't know if anyone is interested in this but it looks like "When We Left Earth" is a steelbook release. I was looking on amazon and Discovery Store and saw the picture and it looks like a steelbook. They are advertising it as a "DVD 4-Disc in Limited Edition Collector's Tin", but the picture looks like a steelbook.

http://shopping.discovery.com/produc...MissionsDVDSet
Reply With Quote
  #448  
Old 09-23-2008, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breah View Post
I don't know if anyone is interested in this but it looks like "When We Left Earth" is a steelbook release. I was looking on amazon and Discovery Store and saw the picture and it looks like a steelbook. They are advertising it as a "DVD 4-Disc in Limited Edition Collector's Tin", but the picture looks like a steelbook.

http://shopping.discovery.com/produc...MissionsDVDSet


Price: $49.95 + FREE SHIPPING

If you sign up for emails on their mailing list, you save $5.
Reply With Quote
  #449  
Old 09-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Will someone please put up photos of Godfather, I want to see if the US and UK version are the same, Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #450  
Old 09-23-2008, 02:36 PM
they are the same nothing different at all
Reply With Quote
  #451  
Old 09-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Thanks moviemaniac. Did you get Sex and the City as well?
Reply With Quote
  #452  
Old 09-23-2008, 03:27 PM
No Godfather steelbook for me, Futureshop didn't get any (guy said something about a production problem)
Reply With Quote
  #453  
Old 09-23-2008, 03:34 PM
maybe because its a fye/suncoast/sam goody exclusive ?
Reply With Quote
  #454  
Old 09-23-2008, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMovieManiac View Post
maybe because its a fye/suncoast/sam goody exclusive ?
Not in Canada it isn't.
It's a Futureshop exclusive, but they didn't get any.
Reply With Quote
  #455  
Old 09-23-2008, 07:06 PM
can anyone tell me the UPC on the Best Buy steelbook?


thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #456  
Old 09-23-2008, 07:19 PM
what best buy upc if its sex in the city its 19404312732
Reply With Quote
  #457  
Old 09-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMovieManiac View Post
what best buy upc if its sex in the city its 19404312732
thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #458  
Old 09-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Ok guys...dunno if this is new info or not. But I was at FYE and confirmed for a Dec. 9 release. Here is the posterboard advertising the release date and steelbook packaging:







So it seems like one of these two will be the cover? Perhaps two covers? I saw the lovely steelbook curved corners on both the poster photos, but no confirmation from any FYE employees yet. Maybe we will get two covers to choose from? I am very excited!!! Or maybe just the front/back cover. Oh so many guesses...so few answers.
Reply With Quote
  #459  
Old 09-23-2008, 10:39 PM
bad fucking ass!

hopefully it is 2 sided, with the Joker side being one of the sides.. or if not, the Joker one is the sole cover.. cuz thats Bad Fucking Ass!
Reply With Quote
  #460  
Old 09-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snausages View Post
Ok guys...dunno if this is new info or not. But I was at FYE and confirmed for a Dec. 9 release. Here is the posterboard advertising the release date and steelbook packaging:







So it seems like one of these two will be the cover? Perhaps two covers? I saw the lovely steelbook curved corners on both the poster photos, but no confirmation from any FYE employees yet. Maybe we will get two covers to choose from? I am very excited!!! Or maybe just the front/back cover. Oh so many guesses...so few answers.
My guess is that
Batman=Front Cover (Title of movie plus cast across the top)
Joker=Back Cover (No title info but all the credits at the bottom)

I like it. Although my FYE had no info on that one, but I did get Indy reserved. I will check back on TDK when I go pick up Iron Man.



Parting thought: I really like my Godfather steelbook....my only gripe is that the booklet doesn't really fit inside without bending it.
Reply With Quote
  #461  
Old 09-23-2008, 10:55 PM
Breed was actually released earlier but I jsut bought it today since it has a shrinkwrap with it.




In Shipping transit are:

Sex Andthe City Futureshop Edition and Hellsing Ultimate 4

Last edited by xage; 09-23-2008 at 11:25 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #462  
Old 09-23-2008, 11:21 PM
thought i might contribute. didnt think i have seen this on this thread so far. just picked it up last week.
Daft Punks - Electroma

Reply With Quote
  #463  
Old 09-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Hellboy 2

There will be a hellboy 2 the golden army steelbook with 4 discs in it i dont know what the special features are or what the artwork will be like but im sure it will be great its out around Christmas time
Reply With Quote
  #464  
Old 09-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Source?

P.S. Hey will some one put up pics of godfather? please?
Reply With Quote
  #465  
Old 09-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaron08 View Post
Source?

P.S. Hey will some one put up pics of godfather? please?
xage has a pic posted camaron
Reply With Quote
  #466  
Old 09-24-2008, 02:57 PM
No like a lot of times ya know how there are pictures on the inside cover of steelbooks, and I would like to see what the back looks like as well if at all possible.
Reply With Quote
  #467  
Old 09-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensclaw View Post
There will be a hellboy 2 the golden army steelbook with 4 discs in it i dont know what the special features are or what the artwork will be like but im sure it will be great its out around Christmas time

It is actually a Hellboy 1 & 2 steelbook (2 discs for each movie). Cover art and date tba. It will be available in the UK.
Reply With Quote
  #468  
Old 09-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaron08 View Post
No like a lot of times ya know how there are pictures on the inside cover of steelbooks, and I would like to see what the back looks like as well if at all possible.
I'll try to get some pics up either tonight or tomorrow night. My phone is charging and my camera needs new batteries.
Reply With Quote
  #469  
Old 09-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Thank you very much good sir.
Reply With Quote
  #470  
Old 09-25-2008, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snausages View Post
Ok guys...dunno if this is new info or not. But I was at FYE and confirmed for a Dec. 9 release. Here is the posterboard advertising the release date and steelbook packaging:







So it seems like one of these two will be the cover? Perhaps two covers? I saw the lovely steelbook curved corners on both the poster photos, but no confirmation from any FYE employees yet. Maybe we will get two covers to choose from? I am very excited!!! Or maybe just the front/back cover. Oh so many guesses...so few answers.
Talked to FYE Manager yesterday when I reserved both Iron Man and The Dark Knight Steelbooks, He said that Batman on The Batpod is the front cover and The Joker on the back just like in the picture, still no idea what the inside looks like.
Reply With Quote
  #471  
Old 09-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Hell Ride

I just bought this steelbook Hell Ride made by Quentin Tarantino i havent heard anything about it could someone on here fill me in on if its good and how rare is this steelbook

Reply With Quote
  #472  
Old 09-25-2008, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensclaw View Post
I just bought this steelbook Hell Ride made by Quentin Tarantino i havent heard anything about it could someone on here fill me in on if its good and how rare is this steelbook

Hell Ride was not made by Quentin Tarantino (he was a producer), it was written and directed by Larry Bishop. I saw this and thought it was a pretty awesome film. As for the steelbook, I didn't even know there was one out for it.
Reply With Quote
  #473  
Old 09-25-2008, 05:40 PM
Hell Ride steelbook

there are more on ebay now if someone wants one

Last edited by Ravensclaw; 09-25-2008 at 05:54 PM.. Reason: More of them on ebay
Reply With Quote
  #474  
Old 09-25-2008, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensclaw View Post
I just bought this steelbook Hell Ride made by Quentin Tarantino i havent heard anything about it could someone on here fill me in on if its good and how rare is this steelbook

What region is Hell Ride?
Reply With Quote
  #475  
Old 09-25-2008, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaron08 View Post
Thank you very much good sir.
As promised....albeit a little later than intended and taken by camera phone.
Front cover and booklet:


Back Cover:


Inside (There isn't any art on the inside just black under the plastic....but its covered by 5 discs....)
Reply With Quote
  #476  
Old 09-26-2008, 10:33 AM
I apologize if this is the wrong place or if this is inappropriate to post here but I wanted to let ya'll know about a new website. I'm not trying to steal people from here or anything so I figured it would be ok.

I just purchased steelbookworms.com as a place to discuss/trade/sell steelbooks. I thought that they were actually getting popular enough to have a site dedicated just for them. I didn't know if anyone here had experience with websites and wanted to help get it going.

Again, I apologize if I shouldn't have posted this here.
Reply With Quote
  #477  
Old 09-26-2008, 11:00 AM
Hell Ride Region

Yeah Hell Ride is region 2 on ebay
Reply With Quote
  #478  
Old 09-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stphnhwks View Post
I apologize if this is the wrong place or if this is inappropriate to post here but I wanted to let ya'll know about a new website. I'm not trying to steal people from here or anything so I figured it would be ok.

I just purchased steelbookworms.com as a place to discuss/trade/sell steelbooks. I thought that they were actually getting popular enough to have a site dedicated just for them. I didn't know if anyone here had experience with websites and wanted to help get it going.

Again, I apologize if I shouldn't have posted this here.
i will check it out when will it be up
Reply With Quote
  #479  
Old 09-26-2008, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMovieManiac View Post
i will check it out when will it be up
I'm not sure honestly. I'm off work for the next 5 days so I'm trying to work on it whenever I get a chance. Right now I'm basically just trying to organize all of my thoughts and ideas and see what the best way to go about doing it all is.
Reply With Quote
  #480  
Old 09-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stphnhwks View Post
I apologize if this is the wrong place or if this is inappropriate to post here but I wanted to let ya'll know about a new website. I'm not trying to steal people from here or anything so I figured it would be ok.

I just purchased steelbookworms.com as a place to discuss/trade/sell steelbooks. I thought that they were actually getting popular enough to have a site dedicated just for them. I didn't know if anyone here had experience with websites and wanted to help get it going.

Again, I apologize if I shouldn't have posted this here.
theres a website that already has a very dedicated and active trading community for SteelBooks and discussion about them.... PM me for the link, because I won't openly post links to other sites here because I'm not too clear on the rules for that kind of thing.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump