Old 08-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Godfather and Dark Knight Steelbooks

So far I know this, Suncoast are more than likely going to offer the Steelbook The Dark Knight DVD (if Best Buy doesn't beat them to the punch some how)
Since they're "tight" with the folks at Paramount, they're also offering a Steelbook (wait for it) edition of the Restored Godfather Trilogy (not individually, the completely trilogy in Steelbook magnificents) coming out later this year.

From what I understand, they're also going to have a Steelbook version for the regular AND Special Edition of Ironman

Happy hunting
Old 08-14-2008, 03:12 PM
ok, PM's sent to those that requested.

I have my Godfather Trilogy SB on pre-order as well form FYE.... so far, from FYE I have these on pre-order:

The Proposition
Breed
Immortal
Trans Siberian
Iron Man
Dark Knight
Godfather Trilogy
Takashi Miikes Django (bloody benton cover)
Old 08-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stAmricanpsyco View Post
So far I know this, Suncoast are more than likely going to offer the Steelbook The Dark Knight DVD (if Best Buy doesn't beat them to the punch some how)
Since they're "tight" with the folks at Paramount, they're also offering a Steelbook (wait for it) edition of the Restored Godfather Trilogy (not individually, the completely trilogy in Steelbook magnificents) coming out later this year.

From what I understand, they're also going to have a Steelbook version for the regular AND Special Edition of Ironman

Happy hunting
Thanks, but we are aware of these upcoming releases already.

Welcome to Joblo.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:46 PM
Hey, can someone shoot me the SKU for the Gunslinger cover of Western Django?
Old 08-15-2008, 05:43 AM
We've got Indiana Jones 4, Incredible Hulk and Iron man steelbooks to look forward to here in the UK.

Only Hulk shows the actuall steelbook design, but they're looking good. About time us in the UK got some good steelbooks! Fingers crossed for a Dark Knight sb.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:14 AM
what sites are those steelbooks available to pre-order on?
Old 08-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubprod View Post
i asked this over at dvdtalk forum as well...but no answer yet...is the red border just part of the poster? i'd hope the steelbook wouldn't have a border.
followup answer:

It will hurt you bdubprod:

possible interior design and back design:

Old 08-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xage View Post
followup answer:

It will hurt you bdubprod:

possible interior design and back design:

That's pretty good. So is the US getting a Hulk SB?
Old 08-15-2008, 02:46 PM
bah...it would look so much better without the red border...but i'm still getting it no matter what.

i hope we get a Hulk steelbook with the extra 70 minutes added to the film.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:47 PM
that Iron man cover just took the wind out of my sails.... I am going to be severely disappointed if thats the cover. That red border just makes it look so.... generic... I mean, c'mon its Iron man for petes sake!
Old 08-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Someone posted on another forum that they have pre-ordered this from Suncoast. Looks like a possible TWEC exclusive...

Damn...why can't the release all four films in steelbook (yeah i know about the trilogy from Futureshop, but it'd be sweet to have all four in one collection, or even seperate like the Die Hard steels)
Old 08-15-2008, 08:16 PM
TWE owns all the FYE and Suncoast and Coconuts and Strawberries stores in North America, steelbook pre-orders can be done at any of those stores, if they have a certain steelbook exclusive, they all have the same offer.

I know of one place that still have plenty of Beowulf and Transformers Steelbooks (both bots) in stock.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Is it confirmed about that FYE Dark Knight Steelbook?
Old 08-15-2008, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stAmricanpsyco View Post
I know of one place that still have plenty of Beowulf and Transformers Steelbooks (both bots) in stock.
If you know, you should have shared it by now...(not unless youre selfish and witheld information)

Anyways... for folks in the greater Los Angeles Area.. the most/heaviest T.W.E.C. stocked Steelbooks store is the FYE store in Hawthorne Blvd, Torrance (near Del Amo Mall).

If that was the store that this guy knew.. well, they even have the TF protect & destroy steelbooks at $29.99
Old 08-15-2008, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaron08 View Post
They are taking pre-orders for a WB - Stee
Old 08-15-2008, 10:21 PM
Does anybody know the Iron Man Steelbook UPC for TWEC?

I put the request in for DVDaf which has been partially approved, but they're asking for the correct UPC. The one I submitted was the Futureshop UPS. Is it different?
Old 08-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubprod View Post
Someone posted on another forum that they have pre-ordered this from Suncoast. Looks like a possible TWEC exclusive...

Damn...why can't the release all four films in steelbook (yeah i know about the trilogy from Futureshop, but it'd be sweet to have all four in one collection, or even seperate like the Die Hard steels)
wait...which movies? Im guessing from the futureshop trilogy you are referring to Indy? So there's gonna be a steelbook for that one? Damn now I have to choose between the Best Buy crystal skull and the steel.....double dip?
Old 08-15-2008, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmushroom View Post
wait...which movies? Im guessing from the futureshop trilogy you are referring to Indy? So there's gonna be a steelbook for that one? Damn now I have to choose between the Best Buy crystal skull and the steel.....double dip?
Yes...sorry about that haha. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:06 AM
Quote:
whats special about the Best buy one?
Old 08-16-2008, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma626 View Post
whats special about the Best buy one?
They are doing a similar release to what they did for V For Vendetta and 300. Instead of a mini mask or a mini helmet, they are doing a mini crystal skull bust....I dunno why I like them, but they look cool (I really wish I had gotten the V one....I didn't have access to a Best Buy at the time and didn't know about it until too late...)
Old 08-16-2008, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaron08 View Post

heres your answer bro:

http://www.joblo.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=147
Old 08-16-2008, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden4 View Post
That's pretty good. So is the US getting a Hulk SB?
Hasn't been announced, no
Old 08-16-2008, 03:06 AM
Quote:
They are doing a similar release to what they did for V For Vendetta and 300. Instead of a mini mask or a mini helmet, they are doing a mini crystal skull bust....I dunno why I like them, but they look cool (I really wish I had gotten the V one....I didn't have access to a Best Buy at the time and didn't know about it until too late...)
They are also doing gift cards for sideshow collectibles (Crystal Skull has $25, Iron Man has $50). They have some pretty cool stuff on their site. It almost looks like they will be bigger than the previous box sets (V and 300). I don't know if I'm going to double dip on these two. I'll probably stick with the steelbooks, and try to pick up the busts later in trade.

Scott, shoot me a pm with what you have in trade, I have an extra V for Vendetta box set.

And I agree with you Wycked, that red border has got to go.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:21 AM
some new SB's comin up:

The Contract
Studio: First Look Home Entertainment
Release Date: 12/2/2008

Length: 96 mins
Rating: R
Item Code: FLP-11964
UPC Code: 687797119643
Old 08-16-2008, 11:58 AM
question

hello to all brand new here i was just wondering if there is a section to sell and trade off dvds such as steelbooks thanks
Old 08-16-2008, 12:11 PM
so im not gonna lie... the past few posts have confused me!!

I saw there is a Dark Knight steelbook that is a F.Y.E (Trans World) Exclusive

i still have to get out to pre-order that one

I already have my Iron Man steelbook preordered

So is F.Y.E getting a Indiana Jones/ Crystal Skull steelbook as well??

what are all the upcoming Region 1 Steelbooks coming??

(I apologize if im just a simple jack on this one, but i am a bit confused)!

Thanks
Old 08-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
so im not gonna lie... the past few posts have confused me!!

I saw there is a Dark Knight steelbook that is a F.Y.E (Trans World) Exclusive

i still have to get out to pre-order that one

I already have my Iron Man steelbook preordered

So is F.Y.E getting a Indiana Jones/ Crystal Skull steelbook as well??

what are all the upcoming Region 1 Steelbooks coming??

(I apologize if im just a simple jack on this one, but i am a bit confused)!

Thanks
im with you on that one
before yesterday the last time i had logged on was last week
and when i logged in yesterday i was lost
Old 08-16-2008, 09:15 PM
TWEC stores (including FYE) have the following for pre-order:

Release date - 10/14
RESV - INDIANA-KINGDOM-STE

Release date - 12/9 (tentative)
RESV - DARK KNIGHT -SE(STEE

The SKUs are for pre-order. If you have any problems at the store, just ask for the pre-sales/pre-order book and it will be listed there.

Information provided by: WyckedDreamz and WTK

Hope that clears things up.

Don't forget other TWEC exclusives: Godfather Trilogy (9/23) and Iron Man (9/30)
Old 08-16-2008, 10:21 PM
don't know if anyone is interested but what the hell it's a steelbook

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...22&catid=11021
Old 08-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah1980 View Post
don't know if anyone is interested but what the hell it's a steelbook

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...22&catid=11021
Sarah Connor Chronicles ad scan from the Futureshop flyer:

Bestbuy is $22.99 US price

Future Shop, get 10% off from $29.99 CAD ($26.99 CAD) by ordering it with instore picked at mid-night or in the early morning during FS Customer Appreciation Sale

Here's the Best Buy Ad for August 17-23 with the Sarah Connor Chronicles steelbook confirmation posted by cooldealioaug1:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2910593...7606711735196/

Contributed by: Johnsun, Cooldealioaug1
Old 08-17-2008, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snausages View Post
TWEC stores (including FYE) have the following for pre-order:

Release date - 10/14
RESV - INDIANA-KINGDOM-STE

Release date - 12/9 (tentative)
RESV - DARK KNIGHT -SE(STEE

The SKUs are for pre-order. If you have any problems at the store, just ask for the pre-sales/pre-order book and it will be listed there.

Information provided by: WyckedDreamz and WTK

Hope that clears things up.

Don't forget other TWEC exclusives: Godfather Trilogy (9/23) and Iron Man (9/30)
that does clear things up! Thank you very much!

I have to get out there and pre-order Indiana Jones and Batman... im still undecided on whether or not to double on Godfather as i have the previous release and havnt watched it enough to justify a double dip!

I think Wall-E would make a good Steel Book.. but im sure Region 2 will get that and not R1! And i still dont get why they didnt make Speed Racer a steelbook! That would have been a good one to make steelbook as the flick under-performed at the box office and has lackluster special features, a way to get it to sell would be a sweet steelbook!
Old 08-17-2008, 01:33 AM
I think I will pick up the Sarah Jane Chronicles steelbook for several reasons. first I was kind of interested in the series but just never caught any episodes, second its fairly cheap at $22.99 for a whole season, thirdly I don't have to jump through any hoops to get it like the TWEC exclusives, fourthly because that coverart is freaking awesome and lastly because hey its a steelbook.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:36 AM
I may do that as well
Old 08-17-2008, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdizzy View Post
I think I will pick up the Sarah JaneChronicles steelbook for several reasons. first I was kind of interested in the series but just never caught any episodes, second its fairly cheap at $22.99 for a whole season, thirdly I don't have to jump through any hoops to get it like the TWEC exclusives, fourthly because that coverart is freaking awesome and lastly because hey its a steelbook.

Connor
Old 08-17-2008, 07:12 AM
gonna pre-order my Indy Jones Sb today, and we have a fully updatd Sb release calendar over on the steelbook site (for R1 releases anyway, we been slackin on the other regions)
Old 08-17-2008, 09:35 AM
I'm hoping for STEELBOOKS for the following.
WALL-E
HANCOCK
INDIANA JONES IV (with the 'crystal skull')
THE DARK KNIGHT (Batman holding the Bat throwing thingy)
INCREDIBLE HULK (Original poster art)
All of the above would be preferable in Blu-ray Steelbooks

Not quite sure what to make of the IRON MAN Blu-ray Steelbook from Future shop. Its very.......red. The inside and back look good tho
Old 08-17-2008, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Devil View Post
WALL-E
HANCOCK

Not quite sure what to make of the IRON MAN Blu-ray Steelbook from Future shop. Its very.......red. The inside and back look good tho
Thats the cover for the FYE DVD isn't it?
Old 08-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyckedDreamz View Post
gonna pre-order my Indy Jones Sb today, and we have a fully updatd Sb release calendar over on the steelbook site (for R1 releases anyway, we been slackin on the other regions)

Yep yep...I've added Iron Man, Transsiberian, and all 3 Sukiyaki Western Django steelbooks to DVDaf.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Devil View Post
WALL-E
HANCOCK
I agree with that list. I dont really mind about them not being Blus since I never converted. Indy and Dark Knight are pretty much confirmed on standard steels. Really hoping for WALL-E and Incredible Hulk. Hancock would be cool, though I haven't seen it yet.

And the only other steel i would add to that little wishlist is Wanted.

Last edited by bdubprod; 08-17-2008 at 01:25 PM..
Old 08-17-2008, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyckedDreamz View Post
I have a Steelbook only forums I run, with release date calender and trade threads set up, if anyone wants info just PM me, I wont post the link here, not sure the rules on that. I enjoy coming here, but I think steelbooks deserve more than one thread.

I am also in the process of learning up on SQL and PHP so I can make my own submitable Steelbook database, searchable by title, region, etc.... I should have it ready for beta by the end of the year.

i'd like to check that out...shoot me a PM, if you don't mind....Thanks
Old 08-19-2008, 12:43 PM
Does anyone have a pic of the Sarah Connor chronicles steelbook that isnt a still taken from the future shops newspaper ad?

*edit

Nevermind. I found one.

Last edited by mutesaint; 08-19-2008 at 01:53 PM..