Old 07-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Untitled Wes Anderson Project

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2012/07/b...+Everything%29
Quote:
BREAKING: Wes Anderson Approaching Depp, Wilson, Murray, Law, Norton And More For Untitled New Picture

by

Todd Brown

Wes Anderson is no dummy. And so, fresh off the success of Moonrise Kingdom, the quirky auteur is already hard at work setting up his next picture. True to typical Anderson form, Twitch has learned that it will be an ensemble cast and while the as-yet-untitled film - or, at least, title-as-yet-unknown-to-us film - will feature a number of Anderson's regulars there are also some intriguing new names in the mix.

While it's hard to say what stage of the process each of these is at at the present, we are told that Anderson is approaching a cast of Johnny Depp, Owen Wilson, Bill Murray, Edward Norton, Jude Law, Jeff Goldblum, Adrien Brody, Willem Dafoe and Angela Lansbury to star in the film.

Please, please, please let this be an Anderson-ized version of Murder, She Wrote. Because that would be kind of amazing.

Actual details on story - as opposed to silly speculation - and updates on the casting process as we get them.
If he manages to get that cast together (which he probably will) it looks like we have another great Anderson film on our hands. Depp, Law,and Lansbury would all be perfect for Wes Anderson's world.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Wow that is a star studded cast. As an actor I hope they have a casting call.

This is going to be a great film by the sounds of it. I am going to see Moonrise Kingdom tonight.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:59 PM
I'm sure Murray and Wilson will be in it since they seem to be in EVERY Wes Anderson flick.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
I'm sure Murray and Wilson will be in it since they seem to be in EVERY Wes Anderson flick.
Wilson wasn't in Moonrise Kingdom :/.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:06 PM

Depp in a Wes Anderson film? Sounds great
Old 07-11-2012, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
Depp in a Wes Anderson film? Sounds great
I'd be very interested in seeing how that turns out, if it comes to fruition.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:25 PM
I'm glad to see Dafoe returning, I loved him in Life Aquatic. Anderson knows how to cast actors for the right roles, no matter how small they might be.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Looks like Depp's onboard and that the film will be titled The Grand Budapest Hotel.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92588
Old 07-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Anderson + Depp =

Even if the it's just the usual suspects that sign on (Wilson,Murray,Schwartzman) it's gonna be awesome
Old 07-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Haven't seen Moonrise Kingdom yet and I'm already looking forward to this. Also, probably the first time in a little while I've been genuinely excited about a Johnny Depp role.