Old 08-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Pineapple Express

"Time to suck today's dick."

Pineapple Express - 9/10

Without a doubt the funniest and best comedy of the year. Apatow has done it again! Seth Rogen is great as usual, Danny McBride is very funny, and the rest of the supporting cast all does a very good job. But the one who sticks out the most, the one who delivers the most laughs, that would be James Franco, whose character will undoubtedly go down as one of the greatest stoner's of all-time. He steals every scene he is in. The direction is very good, and the action scenes were simple, well-shot, and fun as hell. The real props have to go to Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg who have again written an insanely good screenplay, filled with brilliant dialogue, easily some of the best of the year, that will make you laugh hysterically. The mix of comedy and action is done to perfection. The violence is sickly amusing and had myself and audience nearly in tears. This is my second favorite film of the year so far behind The Dark Knight, and I see myself watching this over and over again in the years to come. In fact, I'm going to see it again this weekend. It is extremely fun, maybe the best Apatow film yet, and one of the funniest movies I have seen in ages. Sheer brilliance.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:07 PM
This will have a very high re-watch value
Old 08-13-2008, 08:38 AM
The best part of the movie is James Franco. He steals every scene he's in, and I think I laughed at all his "antics" or quotes. His scenes with Rogen were also pretty good. But other parts of the movie were a bit "meh." The duct-taped gentleman in Bourne101's posted pic was annoying as hell, and his "schtick" in the movie got old. And the Man Who Knew Too Little (underrated Bill Murray movie) plotline with the villains didn't work. The story was good, the two leads were hilarious, but the subplots and supporting characters were weak.

7/10
Old 08-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
The duct-taped gentleman in Bourne101's posted pic was annoying as hell, and his "schtick" in the movie got old.
But you can't tell me that when he said "YOU JUST GOT KILLED BY A DAEWOO LANOS MOTHERFUCKER!" and then shot the guy's foot off, that you didn't laugh. That part was fucking sweet.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:06 PM
To chime in, I thought Red was really funny, but like everything else in the movie, he would outstay his welcome in some scenes. Since he's written as something of an annoying character, I think he stood out for many because of that reason.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
But you can't tell me that when he said "YOU JUST GOT KILLED BY A DAEWOO LANOS MOTHERFUCKER!" and then shot the guy's foot off, that you didn't laugh. That part was fucking sweet.
Yeah, that line was funny . . . but he was annoying from the get-go. And the thing with him dead, and then not dead, dying, and so on . . . it got old.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Not quite as good as Knocked Up, Superbad, or 40 Year Old Virgin, but still another solid comedy from the Apatow crew. I put this one in the same league as Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:49 PM
" A dude, a lady, and a cop? That like a massacre, man! " Saul

After waiting almost 3 months I finally got a chance to see Pineapple Express, and I've gotta say that the wait was worth it.

Since I seen the first trailer for this I had high expectation's and they were completely met. Not once in the entire film was there a joke that fell flat.

This film isn't as raunchy as Superbad, but there are plenty of other jokes that will have you falling out of your chair, rolling on the floor and clutching your sides with laughter.

Fucking hilarious are 2 words I'd use to describe this. I loved when Saul just kepy saying Fuck you to his girlfriends teacher when he was talking to him. Some of the smaller moments in the film that were hilarious were when Saul asked Dale if he broke his printer after puking on it, I also loved when he is angry because he didn't buzz Dale in.

One of my favorite things about this film was James Franco, he takes the gold with his performance as Saul the lovable Drug Dealer. I was completely surprised by how good Franco's performance was. It's not an Oscar performance, but this is a big change from his regular roles and he's shown he's got what it takes to make comedy. Not to cloud over Seth Rogen who was also great, Danny McBride's performance as the middleman was also good.

In the past 3 years Seth Rogen has starred and costarred in some of my favorite comedies of all time including The 40 year old Virgin, Knocked up, Superbad, and this.

This is the third film I have seen of David Gordon green and I have to say it's my favorite. It' completely different from The other 2 films that are good in there own sense, Snow Angels, and Undertow.

Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg are a comedy writing duo made in heaven. That might be a bit of an overstatement seeing as how they've only written this and Superbad. But both of those films are comedy at its best. None of this Jason Friendberg and Andy Seltzer shit. In the past year they have made 2 of my favorite comedies of all time (Superbad and this).

Judd Apatow produced this film, he just has a knack for producing fantastic comedies aside from all the ones I've said above he also produced Step Brothers, Talladega Nights, Forgetting Sarah marshall, Anchorman, and others.

I actually liked Red throughout most of the film though he did get annoying at times, I loved how he kept almost dying and coming back.

The soundtrack in film is pretty impressive and keeps the flow of the film moving nicely. Though I was disappointed the the song from the trailer (M.I.A Paper Planes) was not included in the film.

This film centers on a man and his pot dealer. Dale Denton (Rogen) witnesses a murder and goes on the run with his pot dealer Saul (Franco). Through this there are car chases shootouts, and not to be left out tons of weed smoking.

This film is hilarious and I definitely recommend it to anyone who likes comedy and anybody who's a fan of Seth Rogen, or Judd Apatow's work.
10/10

Last edited by pablo_super1!; 10-29-2008 at 07:54 PM..