Old 09-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Sons of Anarchy

Sons of Anarchy, a new fx series, just premiered this past Wednesday. Did anyone catch it? I did, and I must say I dug it. The cast is pretty deep. Charlie Hunnam (who has reminded me of Heath since his days on Undeclared) is the main character and does a bang up job. Ron Pearlman, Mark Boone Junior, Katey Segal (who really stands out), and my boy Tommy Flanagan round out the solid cast. It's all about a California biker club and the things they get into. After the pilot I must say I'l be watching... Anyone else?

Last edited by chasingbanky; 09-05-2008 at 05:23 PM..
Old 09-05-2008, 09:05 PM
I wanted to but missed the pilot. Completily forgot about it and the Shield. Hopeing to track it down on the net and keep up.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutesaint View Post
I wanted to but missed the pilot. Completily forgot about it and the Shield. Hopeing to track it down on the net and keep up.
I'm not sure if FX.com or Fox do anything like ABC, but I'd check the official sites to see if they have it on there. I'm sure they'll be replaying it this coming week at some point. If I see it before it airs again, I'll post the time on here.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Episode 2 tonight w/ Charlie Utter from Deadwood... Anyone watching?
Old 09-10-2008, 03:33 PM
I've seen a few previews for this and while I love FX, this show just does not look interesting to me. I may catch an episode at some point but I'm not going to go out of my way.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:58 PM
I wasn't expecting much from this show, but I decided to give it a shot because FX seems to know how to make good original series for the most part. I was pleasantly surprised with it. It didn't hook me the way some great pilots like Lost or The Shield did, but it was much better than I had anticipated. Definately good enough to keep me coming back for more. Hopefully it gets even better as the season goes along.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:46 PM
I will be watching this one religiously. This show just oozes badass and a great show to drink some whiskey with the guys for. Definitely dug both episodes a lot.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombievictim View Post
I've seen a few previews for this and while I love FX, this show just does not look interesting to me. I may catch an episode at some point but I'm not going to go out of my way.
While you're sitting around waiting to get your new microphone for xbox live you should watch this show... It's well worth it.

The 2nd episode was just as awesome as the first... At least.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Hey. Cheap shot. And I'm far too busy catching up on Angel to watch this show. Sorry Banky.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:25 PM
I'm still waiting for the episode where the person gets jacked in the mouth with a skateboard. I know I saw it in a preview!
Old 09-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Hey. Cheap shot. And I'm far too busy catching up on Angel to watch this show. Sorry Banky.
Angel is decent for a campy teeny bopper vampire show... Sons of Anarchy isn't trying to reel you in with fantasy... It's more about how fucked up being in a biker gang is. Taking a page from the Shield, Sopranos, Wire, and things of that nature. Besides, who just watches one show?
Old 09-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingbanky View Post
Angel is decent for a campy teeny bopper vampire show... Sons of Anarchy isn't trying to reel you in with fantasy... It's more about how fucked up being in a biker gang is. Taking a page from the Shield, Sopranos, Wire, and things of that nature. Besides, who just watches one show?
Hey! No mocking Angel. Or Buffy for that matter. It's much deeper than most realize.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Hey! No mocking Angel. Or Buffy for that matter. It's much deeper than most realize.
This man speaks the truth.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:37 AM
Quote:
I've seen the bulk of both series, so it's not as if I've only seen one episode or something. As far as vampire fare, these series are the best out there (HBO's True Blood being quite subpar in comparison), but it's all still a lot more fantasy based (and a lot more romance driven). These shows I mention are less about those factors, and more about the shocking aspects of possible real life situations. I just think you should give an episode a chance. The cast is too solid to ignore.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:55 PM
I've watched the first two episodes now... and I'm hooked. The previews made it look interesting. Something new. And sure enough, it's interesting, something new, and badass. By the end of each episode I wish I had a cool biker gang to ride with

Consider me a fan!
Old 09-19-2008, 06:16 PM
This week's episode was all over the place. I think Katey Segal's character is becoming one of my favorites, which I didn't really see happening, but probably should have. I love the barber guy that's always shaving Charlie Utter, I have a feeling we'll be seeing him often.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:16 PM
So far... Castration, Torching a tattoo off someone's entire back, pimping, I.R.A gun running, and corporate takeovers have been displayed as acts by this show's main characters. I love that this show isn't even trying to make these bikers seem like good hearted souls, but instead are showing as much nasty shit as they can get into.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Opie, in my opinion, may be the best character on the show and I really hope he becomes a big part of the episodes going forward.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xseanymacx View Post
Opie, in my opinion, may be the best character on the show and I really hope he becomes a big part of the episodes going forward.
Can't argue with that. He's been awesome. I actually expected him to be in it less, but after last week it seems he's a mainstay.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:15 PM
An alright episode last night but just from the few clips shown of next one...looks like the next episode could be the defining hour of the first season.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:16 AM
i'm not much into motorcycle gangs, so i wasn't too interested in this show when i first heard about it. then, my buddy told me that it was good....

so, today i watch the pilot and the first four episodes online...

and let me tell you, i'm really into this show now. i'll catch last week's episode either Sunday or Tuesday night (when they re-air) it and then i'll get ready for the new episode on Wednesday night.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:13 AM
The Female FBI agent sucked, and every line she spat out made me roll my eyes... Worst acting on the show so far.

Peggy Bundy smashing skateboard trucks into a broad's nose? Awesome.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:28 PM
tonight's episode was really good. i'm glad they took care of that guy spying on Tara. next week's episode looks VERY good!!!!

what does everyone think of these two possibilities:

1) Jax' mom and Clay killed Jax father? what did his mom mean by telling clay "i want to make sure that he's following in the 'right' father's footsteps?"

2) Clay is Jax' real dad. Maybe when he was born, his mom told his dad that it was their child...while it was Clay's the whole time.

i don't know about #2, but i just posted it to see what you all thought. i just think there's more about Clay and Jax' mom.....
Old 10-22-2008, 11:11 PM
tonight's episode was very good. lots of action and it looks like a SAMCRO-Mayan war is heating up
Old 10-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Yes, very good epi.. I loved that the show was going along it's typical route..gangs, guns, and drugs etc. Then once you see the ipod..BAM!! Everthing just exploded. I was on the edge of my seat for the rest of the show!
Old 10-30-2008, 01:00 PM
now that SAMCRO and the Mayans have made an alliance, what's gonna take place now?
Old 11-05-2008, 10:16 PM
tonight's episode is the best so far imo. Gemma and Stahl's conversation was awesome
Old 11-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Otto sure knows how to smack a bitch up.

Is it wrong that I laughed?
Old 11-09-2008, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISFITS_Fiend View Post
Otto sure knows how to smack a bitch up.

Is it wrong that I laughed?
i wasn't expecting him to do that.....she looked maaaaaaaaad after that

Stahl is coming for Samcro
Old 11-09-2008, 06:46 PM
The first time I watched the episode I was a little annoyed with Otto, but further viewings proved that he is possibly my favorite character now. He was setting that broad up the whole time.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:43 PM
great episode tonight. were those wires set up in Opie's phone or is Opie really helping agent Stahl?
Old 11-20-2008, 01:24 PM
man last night's episode really hypes up the finale next week.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Lat night was chilling, although kind of expected. Opie should grab his kids and move to a different state, leaving his "patch" behind. Jax should take over the club based on incompetence...fade to black. End of season.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Clay needs to be taken out. He keeps making bad leadership decisions.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:14 AM
Still wondering what was up with the picture Gemma was so distraught over and burned. It was her, Clay, some blonde chick and, I'm assuming, Jax's father.

She's not Jax's real mom is my guess.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:43 PM
The real question is... Does Ron Perlman make it to the end of the season?
Old 11-24-2008, 11:01 PM
Definetely.

I really can't wait to see how this situation comes to a head.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:26 AM
season finale tonight....who's watching?
Old 12-01-2008, 10:35 AM
the finale was pretty good. looks like Jax may take over SAMCRO now, which is probably a good thing.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Was a few episodes behind so I took yesterday to catch up right through the end of the season. I loved the final four episodes. Everything between Jax, Tara, and Wendy felt real. Opie and what happened to Donna were the strongest parts of the whole season, IMO.

I'm hoping for a SAMCRO war in season 2 for the changing of the guard.