Old 07-30-2014, 01:24 PM
The Walking Dead: Season 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4GAs9TJVjM
Old 09-16-2014, 03:15 PM
That's the first trailer I've seen where
Spoiler:
they showed Beth. They don't explain her whereabouts or what type of people she's with though.

Rick looks like he wants to gut-punch that wormy little guy from Terminus the first chance he gets. You know after what happened with the governor and the prison that he's never going to let his guard down again. So who will they have the balls to kill this season? Right now it could be anybody, but we'll see. Will Negan make an appearance this season? Oct 12th can't come fast enough.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:05 PM

First four minutes of season 5 (international video)- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcnYCm5UFx0

Better video here - http://uproxx.com/tv/2014/10/watch-t...on-5-premiere/ But only watchable if you live in America.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:49 PM
Great, great, great first episode of the season! Almost like they listened to all of the criticism and decided to go apeshit to start things this year.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:41 AM
A solid premiere. Lots of action, Rick is badass and the ending is surprisingly touching.
Spoiler:
Both when Carol reunites with the group and also when Rick reunites with baby Judith. The look on Rick's face when he sees Judith and him holding her, damn near got me teary eyed.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:21 AM
That was probably one of this best episodes since the first season! Such a great way to kickstart the season.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:57 AM
... tried to watch the episode on AMC's official site. got to the last 4 mins and the player decided to not work anymore. tried to refresh several times and skip to the part where it left off, but no go.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:43 PM
I've been very critical of this show in the past but I gotta admit that was a solid premiere! Rick is such a badass

And it looks like this show is more popular that ever. The ratings are HUGE for this show.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:18 AM
Yep pretty good for an episode of Walking Dead...will be interesting to see where it goes from here.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:45 PM
Shit is gonna get real very quickly . Can't wait
Old 10-20-2014, 06:42 PM
So, regarding episode 2 of season 5...
Spoiler:
Did the cannibals eat Bob's infected leg? He was definitely bitten and lied about it, especially since he was crying right before he was knocked out.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:10 AM
Yeah..I was wondering the same.

Spoiler:
I think they actually saved his life by cutting his leg off
Old 10-27-2014, 04:27 PM
In this season, Carol has become a better, more understandable character. To be fair, she had already started down that path at the end of season 4. My least favorite character became Bob, mostly because of how ignorant he is; always trying to get everyone to look on the bright side and let their guards down for unattainable and ill-advised hope. Jesus Bob, haven't you paid attention to what happens to people in this show lately when they think about frolicking in the sunshine with their girlfriend or living the good ol' life as a farmer? Not to sound too unsympathetic,
Spoiler:
but it's no surprise he's dead! He was careless and picked all the wrong moments to have personal revelations about life and redemption.
Rick's gone entirely in the other direction, somewhere straddling the line between the light and dark side of the force. That's what has kept him and everyone else alive.
Spoiler:
I loved the fact that he duped Garreth and never gave him or his men a second chance. It got dark in that scene, (and I'm not talking about the lighting) but he did what had to be done. If Bob had been in Rick's place I'm sure he would have insisted everyone just go on drinking and talking about DC and how awesome it would be while the cannibals crept up on the church for the slaughter.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:19 AM
First three episodes have been great!
Old 11-04-2014, 11:52 AM
Another great episode last night, I like how this season were branching out from the standard group and seeing whats happening away from them.

Got to admit I really liked Beth in her stand alone episode, she really held up well with it. I normally wanted her as Zombie bait before last night.....
Old 11-05-2014, 05:53 PM
Well, the tension can't be on full throttle all the time I guess. It certainly petered out after three awesome episodes with the unavoidable "Beth-centric" episode. To be fair, I was interested in what happened to Beth, but did we really need a full hour solely dedicated to her story? Then the episode ends and we're given a teaser of the next episode, which looks like it will focus entirely on Abraham's group...Bloody hell! Haven't the writers of this show heard of a little concept called cutting back and forth? This looks like it's going in the direction that the second half of season 4 went; a series of episodes that focus on just a couple of characters/handful of characters for an hour at a time...lame! I don't want to sit and wait for 2 or more Rick-less episodes before things start to coalesce again. No more filler! The show is at it's best when the group is together and we're given less of a perspective on what might be lurking around the corner.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:58 AM
Yeah I wish there was cutting back and forth rather than a whole episode spent on just one group/individual, one or two episodes is ok but the whole season gets kind of annoying, still these past four episodes have been some of the best of the series IMO
Old 11-12-2014, 04:12 AM
I'm really starting to worry about this season and this show in general. We have our second so-so episode in a row. Sure, the ending was pretty great, but otherwise he had our second meh episode in a row. And it looks like this season is basically copying the second half of last season and I really didn't like the second half of last season. Sure, there were fine individual moments but it just took long to get to where it was going and meandered too much.

And now I'm REALLY worried about this show's future since

Spoiler:
Eugene confession means they are probably going to nix going to Washington D.C. which means the show doesn't even have much a long term direction.

This show is really starting to go downhill I'm afraid. And I use to really love this show.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:58 AM
I mean...
Spoiler:
did anyone really buy Eugene in the first place? Always had the suspicion he was full of shit.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:21 AM
That's not the point. The point was I was really looking forward to the journey to Washington D.C.
Spoiler:
but now that Eugene's come clean now, they aren't likely going ,to go to Washington D.C. at all, thus the direction I thought the show had is gone now.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:18 AM
Not necessarily...

Spoiler:
Rick's group doesn't know Eugene has confessed. I can see a situation where they leave with Darryl to go back to the hospital to save Carol or Beth and then head to DC after that. Abraham and his group might head back to the church, find out the other's are gone, and then go after them to warn them that there is no cure.
Another tidbit...and PLEASE take this with a grain of salt...a guy I'm friends with has a daughter or niece, somebody he's related to, who lives in the area where the show is filmed and he's always sharing tidbits she passes to him about when she sees the cast in the area or how tight security is during filming. Now SUPPOSEDLY...she's near the town that served as the backdrop for Woodbury and not too long ago signs started popping up designating it as "Arlington". So like I said, I don't know how much is true, how much is not, I just thought I'd share that.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
That's not the point. The point was I was really looking forward to the journey to Washington D.C.
Spoiler:
but now that Eugene's come clean now, they aren't likely going ,to go to Washington D.C. at all, thus the direction I thought the show had is gone now.
My response wasn't aimed at you. If it was, I'd quote you.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
I'm really starting to worry about this season and this show in general. We have our second so-so episode in a row. Sure, the ending was pretty great, but otherwise he had our second meh episode in a row. And it looks like this season is basically copying the second half of last season and I really didn't like the second half of last season. Sure, there were fine individual moments but it just took long to get to where it was going and meandered too much.

And now I'm REALLY worried about this show's future since

Spoiler:
Eugene confession means they are probably going to nix going to Washington D.C. which means the show doesn't even have much a long term direction.

This show is really starting to go downhill I'm afraid. And I use to really love this show.
This show was going downhill at season 2-arguably season 3. This is probably the first season (and would say some of 3rd season also) where the show cut the bullshit and has actual progression, along with focusing on each character (Hell
Spoiler:
Bob got his own awesome moments in the 2nd and 3rd episode.

Sure, I can see how these past two episodes are a tad disappointing, but its at least moving something along rather than staying at one boring place.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HyDe807 View Post
This show was going downhill at season 2-arguably season 3. This is probably the first season (and would say some of 3rd season also) where the show cut the bullshit and has actual progression, along with focusing on each character (Hell
Spoiler:
Bob got his own awesome moments in the 2nd and 3rd episode.

Sure, I can see how these past two episodes are a tad disappointing, but its at least moving something along rather than staying at one boring place.
The problem is that the writing is just drawing everything out and there's no need for it. Did Breaking Bad ever go 3 straight episodes without Walter White? 3 straight episodes and no Rick Grimes? Bullshit! Enough of this crap that people think enhances the character development, like Daryl and Carol sighing while looking out a window and saying something akin to, "the world is different now." We get it, the apocalypse can lead to introspection and from there depression, but we've been here before. Time to stop having characters mope around in slow motion and move the plot forward. That it's taken this long to lead up to the hospital raid is bogus. The show needs to cut the season 4 bullshit or it's going to lose me as a viewer.
Old Yesterday, 11:52 PM
toe tippin

season 5,so far, has had me watching without blinking.
love the suspense!

don't want to wait for the dvd release and/or blueray release?

@ http://tvfordays.com/show/the-walkin...on/5/episode/1
@ http://tvfordays.com/show/the-walkin...on/5/episode/2
@ http://tvfordays.com/show/the-walkin...on/5/episode/3
@ http://tvfordays.com/show/the-walkin...on/5/episode/4
@ http://tvfordays.com/show/the-walkin...on/5/episode/5
@ http://tvfordays.com/show/the-walkin...on/5/episode/6

Cheers!