Old 06-28-2010, 05:45 AM
Mad Max 4

I found no thread on this, but I do remember many months ago something was posted. But I failed to find it.

Tom Hardy on "Mad Max 4" Details

During a press junket for "Inception," actor Tom Hardy (Bronson) talked about the upcoming "Mad Max" in which he will play the title character, replacing Mel Gibson.

"It's a relaunch and revisit to the world, an entire restructuring," he said. "That's not to say that it's not picking up or leaving off from the 'Mad Max' you know already, but it's a nice re-take on the entire world using the same character, depositing him in the same world, but bringing him up to date by 30 years. You can expect the same amount of grit and rawness and authenticity [to my] performance."

Hardy added that Weta Workshop will be doing the CGI, but that won't be the film's main focus. He said: "I think it's going to be much more like Chris [Nolan], how he deals with action - these things are going to be really there. Big rigs, big explosions, big car crashes, big violence."

He continued: "I can't say when I'm going to be in front of the cameras. I'm actually headed tonight to Australia to start some stunt-training. I'm training now. Even though I'm smoking. I'm meant to drop 30 pounds, so smoking and one meal a day is my training at the moment. I'm going to start fighting soon, the harder stuff, when we get close to the line. [We're] shooting for probably nine months."

Source: FirstShowing

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headlin...=18139&count=0
Old 06-28-2010, 06:21 AM
I'm just not interested. There's a reason why you can't replace these actors. Because they brought something and poured themselves in to these performances. You can't match that.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:58 PM
I normally loathe reboots but having Hardy as the lead is pretty badass. Tom Hardy is probably my favorite up and coming actor right now.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:49 PM
I'll reserve judgment until I see a trailer, but I was way more enthusiastic about this when it was going to star Mel back in 2003 before production got scrapped because of the Iraq war (Damn you George Bush!).
Old 06-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Why mess with a perfectly good trilogy? Oh, yeah, because it's HOLLYWOOD.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:58 AM
Two "Mad Max" Movies to be Shot Simultaneously.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headlin...=18194&count=0

Old 07-03-2010, 08:33 AM
The only reason I sought of don't believe that is because Furiosa is the worst title ever.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:57 PM
What ever happened to Mad Max 4: Fury Road? That's what I heard was happening a few years back. I would've been interested in seeing that (if Mel Gibson still played Max), it seems that all the planned sequels/prequels are just being turned into remakes instead, i.e the Child's Play sequel.

Why can't Hollywood rather than spend a stupid ammount of money on a rehash make something original instead for a change. It's all just remakes or toy-adaptations these days.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzkins View Post
What ever happened to Mad Max 4: Fury Road? That's what I heard was happening a few years back. I would've been interested in seeing that (if Mel Gibson still played Max), it seems that all the planned sequels/prequels are just being turned into remakes instead, i.e the Child's Play sequel.

Why can't Hollywood rather than spend a stupid ammount of money on a rehash make something original instead for a change. It's all just remakes or toy-adaptations these days.
I guess you didn't bother to read my post.

Fury Road was all set to begin production back in 2003, with Mel Gibson and a $100+ million dollar budget. They were going to film in Morocco. Why there and not Australia, I have no idea, but that was the plan. Then the Iraq war began and things became very tense in that part of the world. The studio feared there would be backlash against a Hollywood movie production from people in the region, so they pulled the plug on it.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:52 PM
When lead character's are changed I simply can't engage in sequels even War machine's change of actor was a big downer in Iron man 2 although I did enjoy it, I'd much prefer a reboot in this instance.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Tom Hardy seems perfect for Mad Max so this sounds somewhat promising. Then again, Christian Bale seemed perfect for John Connor and Benicio Del Toro seemed perfect for The Wolfman and both of those performances were half assed and dull.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
Tom Hardy seems perfect for Mad Max so this sounds somewhat promising. Then again, Christian Bale seemed perfect for John Connor and Benicio Del Toro seemed perfect for The Wolfman and both of those performances were half assed and dull.
Good points haha.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:40 PM
I'll watch anything tied to the Mad Max name...well as long it's not some low budget rental-fodder.......on second thought I'd watch that too. I am glad their not going with the prequel idea. Who wants to see a pre-post-apocalyptic movie? Didn't the first film cover that?
Old 08-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Elvis Presley's Granddaughter in "Mad Max: Fury Road"

Riley Keough, the granddaughter of Elvis Presley, is in talks to join the cast of "Fury Road," the fourth installment in the "Mad Max" franchise. The 21-year-old Keough started modeling at age 14 and made her film debut in this year's "The Runaways."

In "Fury Road," Keough will play one of the "Five Wives," a group of women that Max (Tom Hardy) must protect from the bad guys. Zoe Kravitz, Teresa Palmer and Adelaide Clemens are three of the other wives. Charlize Theron and Nicholas Hoult round out the cast. The movie is directed by George Miller (Mad Max, Happy Feet) and is set to begin filming early next year for a 2012 release.

Source: THR

link
Old 06-17-2012, 01:58 AM
Man, the fact that this movie is actually rolling along has me freakin' stoked! This is one franchise revival I'm totally on board for!

Miller's back, and I think Hardy as Max is beyond perfect. I think he'll slide into Gibson's leathers with ease! Bring this shit on!
Old 06-24-2012, 03:50 PM
This thing finally gets shooting next month in Africa, thank God for the delay or we wouldnt have gotten Hardy as Bane. Charlize Theron has shaved her head for her role and the DSL's a.k.a. the blonde chick from Transformers 3 a.k.a. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is on board as well...
Old 06-24-2012, 04:52 PM
I'm all for this. A new "Mad Max" movie...that's NOT a remake...with George Miller directing. BAM. That's all I needed to know.

It would be great to have Mel back in the role...but guys, it ain't ever gonna happen. No studio wants to touch him with a ten-foot-pole anymore (and it's his own damn fault.)