Old 10-08-2008, 12:06 PM
South Park

Supposedly there is a brand new episode tonight! I am stoked! Here is the plot from their website:

"Cartman must confront the Chinese alone while the American people are haunted by the memory of recent tragic events. "

Hmmmm should be awesome.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:50 PM
yup, cant wait
Old 10-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Yeah, I didn't realize it was tonight.

Woo...
Old 10-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Sounds awesome

Hopefully, City Wok Guy makes an appearance, he hasn't done anything since Season 9.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Oh shit i forgot all about south park.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Man, I hope i finish some of my homework before it comes on.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:30 PM
New South Park? Count me in!
Old 10-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Wow, six months of no South Park and that's the best they can do. Man, this was the least funny episode since the Oprah one. The main plot didn't get one chuckle out of me and that's pretty bad when it involves Cartman and Butters.

The Indiana Jones getting raped plot was funny at first (The Accused rape scene with Indy/Lucas and Spielberg was ridiculous), but got old pretty fast.

Hopefully, they can do better throughout the rest of season 12, because I thought they kind of phoned it in here. Then again, I didn't watch the Olympics and I don't care about Indiana Jones so maybe this one went over my head.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
Wow, six months of no South Park and that's the best they can do. Man, this was the least funny episode since the Oprah one. The main plot didn't get one chuckle out of me and that's pretty bad when it involves Cartman and Butters.

The Indiana Jones getting raped plot was funny at first (The Accused rape scene with Indy/Lucas and Spielberg was ridiculous), but got old pretty fast.

Hopefully, they can do better throughout the rest of season 12, because I thought they kind of phoned it in here.
Wrong. Just so wrong. So far past wrong you are coming back from the other direction and making a circle.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Quote:

Hopefully, they can do better throughout the rest of season 12, because I thought they kind of phoned it in here. Then again, I didn't watch the Olympics and I don't care about Indiana Jones so maybe this one went over my head.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson13 View Post
Wrong. Just so wrong. So far past wrong you are coming back from the other direction and making a circle.
Well, I didn't like it and I like most South Park episodes people dislike (The Pioneer episode from earlier this season was awesome as was the Britney one). I thought the "punched in the dick" joke goes with "I'm Serial" and The Hardly Boys "Clues" as jokes that Matt and Trey found funny that were really overused.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:39 PM
"You don't shoot people in the dick Butters!"

I liked this one, not quite as much as a few from the first half though.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Great Post, Brodeur and you messed up the thread with it too

Anyways, there's just so many times they can do the Cartman is racist for no reason thing before it gets a little old. They should've ended it after last seasons hilarious ending to The Snuke. Kind of like how I couldn't get into the AIDS episode because I'm so bored of Kyle Vs Cartman.

But, yeah I can't get into Indiana Jones so I really don't care that they are sticking it to Lucas and Spielberg again. And, really they are doing a plot involving China and City Wok Guy is nowhere to be found. He could've provided some funny moments.

Last edited by Frank the Tank; 10-09-2008 at 01:48 PM..
Old 10-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Again with the great ideas and great plot, but the writing was weak and redundant.

Average at best.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:35 PM
It was OK. However it was very redudant at got a little boring at times.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:08 PM
It was actually shot in the dick. that was hilarous though. I was laughing at the Indiana rape scenes. man. they really pushed it tonight.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeisevil View Post
It was actually shot in the dick. that was hilarous though. I was laughing at the Indiana rape scenes. man. they really pushed it tonight.
Yeah I thought it was pretty funny too, I laughed out loud a few times.

However I do feel that Lucas/Spielberg raped Indy so I guess I share the same sentiments as the writers...
Old 10-09-2008, 08:22 AM
OMG the new Indy movie had ALIENS in it!!!!

...as if the first 3 were heavily grounded in realism.

Decent episode, but definitely not one of the more memorable.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:57 AM
As the it seemed to get repetitive for me, when someone new would break down into tears and have a flashback, I laughed. And while the Cartman racist thing is a commonly used device (and it has gotten old), they brought it back around with Butters shooting guys in the dick.

It was a decent episode and the satire was spot on.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:30 AM
glad they thought indiana jones sucked

pah aliens
Old 10-09-2008, 09:40 AM
To the schmoe that posted that pic...do you mind deleting it cause it fucked up this thread.

As far as the first episode went...wow. That wasnt what I was expecting at all.

It was good but not a great start to the season but I am confident that Trey will be bringing it strong this season.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:49 AM
yeah it was pretty weak oright
Old 10-09-2008, 12:26 PM
I love South Park to death, but last night's season opener was pretty weak. The Chinese storyline was pretty dumb with exception to Butters shooting people in the dick; I also happen to like KOTCS so I didn't get a lot of that humor (though Lucas raping a stormtrooper made me go into hysterics ).

I also didn't like it because SP tends to keep its continuity pretty good, unlike Family Guy or even the Simpsons. Considering George Lucas and Steven Spielberg already bit the dust four or five seasons ago, I don't really see how they could be around in this storyline.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:45 PM
It was fine episode. Nothing spectacular. Although Speilberg and Lucas did rape Indy as far as I'm concerned.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Decent episode the whole thing with China was pretty dumb at points. The part with Indy was pretty funny though cause that was basically everyone thoughts. Hopefully the rest of the season if not then i think age catching up to south park.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Well, I didn't like it and I like most South Park episodes people dislike (The Pioneer episode from earlier this season was awesome as was the Britney one). I thought the "punched in the dick" joke goes with "I'm Serial" and The Hardly Boys "Clues" as jokes that Matt and Trey found funny that were really overused.
The Pioneer episode is my favorite SP episode. I didn't like it much the first time, but I saw repeats of it, and live it.

I kind of agree with you though. This new episode was ok, could have been much better.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe1985 View Post
The Pioneer episode is my favorite SP episode. I didn't like it much the first time, but I saw repeats of it, and live it.
That's exactly what I thought about it. On first viewing, I thought it was okay but kind of a weak finale, but it's awesome on repeat viewings. Murderin' Murphy and the Townsfolk are hilarious as is Stan dressing up like the townsfolk and Butters trying to sound tough the whole episode. Plus, the fact that the robbers robbed Burger King was great as well. It also gives me a bit of a Cannibal The Musical vibe as the Townspeople all talk similar to how the characters talked in that movie.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:50 PM
I still think they do the satire well.

It doesn't top the other George Lucas/Steven Spielberg story in my book but it doesn't have to.

The Cartman/Butters plot didn't have any highlights.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Thirty minutes of my life I will never get back. It was like watching Cartman get raped.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:36 PM
It was pretty weak. Basically there were two jokes and they both fell flat.

Cartman's random racism is getting old and tired. That plot was excruciating.

The Indiana Jones part wasn't much better. The whole rape joke stuff was just awkward and unfunny (save for the stormtrooper gag).

It's like, I get it, they "ruined" Indiana Jones, or whatever. Didn't they pretty much cover this some time ago with the Raiders of the Lost Ark Special Edition joke? That was a much better version of what this episode tried to do.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:45 PM
That's another reason why I disliked this episode as Lucas and Spielberg already got killed off and they already mocked them in a funnier way in the Free Hat episode. Maybe it's me not being a fan of the Indiana Jones series (Sue me, I grew up on Terminator and Robocop not Indy and Star Wars) but are aliens in a Indiana Jones film anymore ridiculous than people's faces getting melted off by an ark or a ghost appearing.

I just hope they got the episode of the season I hate out of the way and the rest is goodness. Since, there weren't any episodes I really hated in the first part of Season 12 (The Aids episode was bland but had some moments and the Youtube episode which mocked Family Guy actually felt like a Family Guy episode as it had 75% pop culture gags but the Butters Youtube video which just replaced some other guy in a youtube video with Butters still ruled.), I'm hoping we get something awesome coming up.

Last edited by Frank the Tank; 10-09-2008 at 11:50 PM..
Old 10-09-2008, 11:46 PM
Meh, an alright episode but I agree on the redundancy. Butters was great as always but we've already seen the "Cartman is racist" a bit too many times. Hopefully next week's episode will be a lot better.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:56 PM
i thought the episode was funny as hell... the Indiana Jones thing was great... even though i enjoyed KOTCS, it was still funny the way they did the story of how his friend got raoped, and then see the Marquee for Indiana Jones & TKOTCS, i laughed hardily at that.

Also getting shot in the dick was funny as hell!
Old 10-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Quote:
That's another reason why I disliked this episode as Lucas and Spielberg already got killed off
That was one thing that turned you off? That they brought back characters that had been killed off?
Old 10-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Quote:
That's another reason why I disliked this episode as Lucas and Spielberg already got killed off.

I know what you mean. When Kenny got killed off the first time, every episode after that was just not funny, they kept bringing him back.

Seriously though, the episode was just ok. Hopefully Trey and Matt rap things up soon.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Yea the whole you don't shoot people in the dick was well timed and hilarious
Old 10-10-2008, 04:41 PM
The episode wasn't classic, but funny none the less. Cartmen and Butters impersonating Chinese people was hilarious, than Spielberg & Lucas raping Indiana Jones was just classic.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
That was one thing that turned you off? That they brought back characters that had been killed off?
What pissed me off about it was that the episode they got killed off in already accomplished everything this episode was trying to go for and did it better. It was just a rehash for me, and the whole episode seemed like it was written in 15 minutes. It kind of reminded me of the episode Quest For Ratings where they made an episode about how they didn't have any ideas for a show.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:10 PM
another weak episode tonight. jeez.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:33 PM
It was okay. Cartman shitting on Garrison's desk and getting his ass kicked by Wendy was funny...but not much in between. I hope South Park doesn't undergo what The Simpsons has been going through--7 years straight of subpar episodes.