#521  
Old 04-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryFreak1827 View Post
That's just silly, I sat up all night once to see if he was real
Religion is training wheels on the bike of our lives.

It does more harm than good, and if you take it off you might find it a little sketchy, but in the end you're better for not having it.
Reply With Quote
  #522  
Old 04-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Parker & Matt Stone
In the 14 years we've been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn't stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn't some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it.
Source: http://www.southparkstudios.com/news/3878

Fuck you, Comedy Central.....fuck you right in the ass.
Reply With Quote
  #523  
Old 04-23-2010, 08:46 PM
^It's easy for us to say that, but these guys are responsible for the lives of their many many many employees, and they decided those lives were being endangered by airing the episode without censorship. It makes sense they reacted that way.

On the other hand... I hate using terminology coined from somebody like W, but when you do this the terrorists wins. They do. In a way. Because their terrorizing us is making us change our way of life, even if it's just the way of professional life for a few cartoonists and writers.

The whole thing is annoying. Ideologically I'm totally with Matt and Trey and am even referring to them by their first names, we're so chummy. I'm with them and I'm disappointed that comedy central allowed themselves to be, well, terrorized. But practically it makes sense. It sucks, but what are you going to do? You can't always air something that endangers people in your employ.
Reply With Quote
  #524  
Old 04-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Endagers people? Just because a couple assholes made some idle threats? If no harm has ever come to anyone over a South Park episode, then none ever will. If anybody else made these kind of threats, it'd get attention, but no one would really give a fuck, but because they're scary Muslim terrorists, they should be taken more seriously for some reason than anyone else? Fuck that noise...
Reply With Quote
  #525  
Old 04-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Smiert, that was the entire point of these South Park episodes. Hahah.
Reply With Quote
  #526  
Old 04-23-2010, 10:15 PM
Which is what makes it so sad...

"Look, Comedy Central killed artistic integrity!"
"You bastards!"
Reply With Quote
  #527  
Old 04-23-2010, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminal_83 View Post
Religion is training wheels on the bike of our lives.

It does more harm than good, and if you take it off you might find it a little sketchy, but in the end you're better for not having it.
So what if I'm right and you're wrong? Should I send a postcard down to you in hell from heaven? I'm ending this discussion now because it seriously won't lead anywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #528  
Old 04-24-2010, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryFreak1827 View Post
I am not going into a religious debate, as we all know there's no ending to it, but how do you think this whole broad universe/galaxy came to be in the first place?
That was my point: we don't know... yet. Knowledge on matters like that still go far beyond human understanding, in relation to where it currently stands. And we're definitely not going to find those answers in our lifetime. I mean, we still thought the world was flat a mere 500+ years ago. I'm not one to settle for the easiest, most convenient explanation in the meantime.

My main flap with religion, though, is that I just can't see why a deity would insist on being worshipped by us... unless it was a total egomaniac, or was highly insecure. I would also think a deity would be above such petty human emotions as spitefulness and jealousy -- two traits often associated with it in the Bible and in general talk. If just being a good person isn't enough, then maybe if heaven really exists, it's not for me. : ?

There -- I'm now through with this subject.
Reply With Quote
  #529  
Old 04-24-2010, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryFreak1827 View Post
So what if I'm right and you're wrong? Should I send a postcard down to you in hell from heaven? I'm ending this discussion now because it seriously won't lead anywhere.
Haha, that's such distorted logic/scare tactics we've been brought up on.

That reasoning kept me religious whether I liked it or not for years.

"So what if you're wrong and there's a god, what if you go to hell because you don't believe?"

Well if there is a god and they don't want me because I didn't believe, give me a my ticket to hell and I'll see you later.

Religion is a poison pure and simple, it's an imaginary crutch for the emotionally needy, end of story. Until we relinquish all our superstitions, and religions, mankind can not evolve further.

My life is ten times better without religion. No delusions, no lack of self-responsibility, and a much more interesting outlook on life. I can't help but chuckle at anyone who looks up at the sky and starts talking. They look so insane doing it. There is no god because if there was he couldn't have allowed us the reasoning to rebel, he couldn't have allowed so much natural disasters and he would have given his followers intelligent arguments for his existence instead of mind numbing nonsense like "he works in mysterious ways," "I'll pray for you," and "How do you know he doesn't exist?"

That's my word on it, choose to ignore it, or choose to confront it.

Last edited by Terminal_83; 04-24-2010 at 03:11 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #530  
Old 04-24-2010, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
^It's easy for us to say that, but these guys are responsible for the lives of their many many many employees
No, they're not. If the employees didn't want to put their lives on the line, they had the option of quitting.
Reply With Quote
  #531  
Old 04-24-2010, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoojib127 View Post
That was my point: we don't know... yet. Knowledge on matters like that still go far beyond human understanding, in relation to where it currently stands. And we're definitely not going to find those answers in our lifetime. I mean, we still thought the world was flat a mere 500+ years ago. I'm not one to settle for the easiest, most convenient explanation in the meantime.

My main flap with religion, though, is that I just can't see why a deity would insist on being worshipped by us... unless it was a total egomaniac, or was highly insecure. I would also think a deity would be above such petty human emotions as spitefulness and jealousy -- two traits often associated with it in the Bible and in general talk. If just being a good person isn't enough, then maybe if heaven really exists, it's not for me. : ?

There -- I'm now through with this subject.
And what if there is no meaning and there's just this? Right here? Wouldn't it be sad we wasted our whole lives based on this radical notion that it'll all make sense in the end than cherishing this time to appreciate our loved ones, and drinking, and making love, and living life while we could?

It's a waste of time. The bible studies, the church, the worship, the praying. It's all empty practices used to help us sleep at night and keep us controlled and conditioned. Not to mention it instills this sense of superiority in us. We were chosen as his followers thus we're all going to heaven! Why are we so special? No one can explain that.

But hey again, I'm going on the years of proof and lack thereof. We realists have decades of knowledge about how man evolved and came to be based around evidence and scientific research. Creationists have the bible and their smug sense of self-satisfaction.

South Park rules.
Reply With Quote
  #532  
Old 04-24-2010, 07:04 AM
Terminal, you know good and well that this is not the place for this discussion, so stop antagonizing people. Not everyone is gonna think like you do, its the way the world works. Grow-the-fuck-up....
Reply With Quote
  #533  
Old 04-24-2010, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
Terminal, you know good and well that this is not the place for this discussion, so stop antagonizing people. Not everyone is gonna think like you do, its the way the world works. Grow-the-fuck-up....
Who is antagonizing anyone? I'm responding to people's comments with well thought out respectful arguments that people have yet to properly respond to with reasonable retorts, this IS a message board after all and last I remember I'm not the one who began the religious discussion. Someone made an off key comment about people being dumb for not being religious or whatever the hell.

And I don't look up at the sky talking to imaginary people so I'm pretty sure I've grown up. If you can't handle opposing opinions about religion or lack the ability to confront opposing opinions, then ignore me.

I'll move on only because I'm pretty sure I've won this argument as I have a dozen times before.

Back to South Park!

Does anyone know if they'll show this episode uncut at any point in the future? I'd love to hear the speech about fear and hate.

And I'm a bit surprised we're getting a new episode next week.
Reply With Quote
  #534  
Old 04-24-2010, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminal_83 View Post
Who is antagonizing anyone? I'm responding to people's comments with well thought out respectful arguments that people have yet to properly respond to with reasonable retorts, this IS a message board after all and last I remember I'm not the one who began the religious discussion. Someone made an off key comment about people being dumb for not being religious or whatever the hell.
No, you fuckin' moron, that's just how you took one particular in-direct comment and decided to jump in (read the last page, if you don't believe me). I am not religious at all, don't believe in God either, but that doesn't change the fact that A. Some people here still do and B. This thread (not forum, this particular thread) is not the place for this discussion. Period. (Hence why no one is "arguing" with you.) Oh, so you finally realized one day that we're all alone. Big whoop. Want a cookie? You talk about how you don't care about offending people, but its so obvious that you were the one who was offended first and subsequently, started lashing out. Condescending people (especially their beliefs), regardless if you agree, is not cool.

Seriously, yo, I've been watching you for awhile now and I doubt you're gonna last very long here if you continue carrying on the way you have been. Follow the rules and respect your fellow schmoes.

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 04-24-2010 at 07:33 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #535  
Old 04-24-2010, 07:44 AM
Dude, you call me a fucking moron and you say I'M not going to last long here? Oh man, you're my new best friend. We HAVE to trade emails.

Now on to South Park, whaddya say?
Reply With Quote
  #536  
Old 04-24-2010, 07:47 AM
"201" was disappointing, even without the censorship. Had its moments, but was a mediocre follow up...
Reply With Quote
  #537  
Old 04-24-2010, 07:49 AM
I wish Tom Cruise would have threatened to sue them in England, again. So funny.
Reply With Quote
  #538  
Old 04-24-2010, 12:28 PM
I barely chuckled. It was more about who they can bring back and how they can make any sense of it then actually being funny. The bleeps were annoying as fuck so I'm happy to hear that they weren't Trey and Matt's ideas. Very underwhelming 2 parter over all. The super-best friends bits were the best in both parts and a few Mitch Connor stuff was good. (the highlight was him pretending to be a black man so he can get in Mephisto's place haha)

Hopefully next week sees more original and funnier stuff from Southpark.
Reply With Quote
  #539  
Old 04-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMovieMan View Post
I barely chuckled. It was more about who they can bring back and how The super-best friends bits were the best in both parts and a few Mitch Connor stuff was good. (the highlight was him pretending to be a black man so he can get in Mephisto's place haha)
Oh dead lord that was funny. I love the Mitch Connor character and I liked it when he said "call an ambulance man!". Pretty sure that was a reference to the Epic Beard Man video haha.
Reply With Quote
  #540  
Old 04-26-2010, 10:09 AM


The Simpsons gave South Park a little chalkboard shout-out on their episode last night, which was pretty cool.

Also, the episode "201" did end up airing on the Canadian station The Comedy Network last night, so at least Canadians got to see it repeated. It was censored, though. Canada, being so multicultural and all, makes many terrorists nervous, since there's always a chance they may accidentally bomb a relative.
Reply With Quote
  #541  
Old 04-27-2010, 04:00 AM
What's the overall feeling of season 14 so far, I'm a massive south park fan I've got season 1-12 on dvd & unfortunately I've only scene the first half of season 13 & the F word in the second half which was so bad it kinda put me off from watching the rest of the season but only until they come out on DVD of course.
Haven't watched any of Season 14 so far any good?
Reply With Quote
  #542  
Old 04-29-2010, 12:43 AM
Season 14 has been really good. They have really been on a streak with great episodes.

Until now.

The latest episode, "Crippled Summer," really sucked. Too bad. The season was going so well but now it's tarnished with what may be one of the worst episodes in the entire series.

Lousy episode. Some of the Towelie stuff was kind of funny I guess, but the whole summer camp aspect of the episode was painful. Seriously, painful. I did not laugh a single time while watching it, which is saying a lot because South Park is always able to get a chuckle out of me.

But oh well. This episode sucked but I still want to buy Season 14 when it comes out on DVD, because all the other episodes are really good, and "200" and "201" are fucking awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #543  
Old 04-29-2010, 12:51 AM
I agree with Derek. Very disappointing episode. And not funny.

The looney tune allusions were obvious and lazy, the plot was boring, and is "Intervention" popular enough to warrant a spoofing? Did a lot of people watch this show and go "Oh I get it! Intervention!" And the whole Cartman reading the letter and ranting about Jews was humorous but I didn't laugh out loud.
Reply With Quote
  #544  
Old 04-29-2010, 05:49 AM
Towelie = Stephen Baldwin

Last edited by Derrida; 04-29-2010 at 01:45 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #545  
Old 04-29-2010, 06:40 AM
I Watched the one with the Tiger woods video game last night the first episode I've seen of season 14 & I have to say it was pretty damn good, might have to catch up with the second half of 13 & rest of 14 now.
Reply With Quote
  #546  
Old 04-29-2010, 09:49 AM

Hah, I always seem to be in the minority when it comes to South Park. I loved last night's episode, and disliked the last two.


Haha, Stephen Baldwin! Great episode.


Mimsy!
Reply With Quote
  #547  
Old 04-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Last nights episode was very standard of the end of a run for South Park! Where they just want to get an episode out there and be done with it!

It had its moments, but it was like the one where Stan Coaches Hockey, it was just there... but the rest of the first part of this season was so amazingly epic, that all is forgiven!

plus Cartman ranting on the jews and having that huge stack of papers, i thought was pretty comical.
Reply With Quote
  #548  
Old 04-29-2010, 01:57 PM
I thought it was a great episode. I don't think there's been a bad episode at all this season. I don't know what they did, but they seemed truly reinvigorated creatively.

I've never seen Intervention, but I totally get what the show would be like. I thought all the text interruptions were hilarious, especially when stating the obvious. Towely is always awesome (and now has a son - Washcloth), but I loved the Nathan kid and all his plans and how he was always going "Mimzey..."

And, come on, you can't go wrong with shark-rape.
Reply With Quote
  #549  
Old 04-29-2010, 02:36 PM

Watched this with a group of my friends and we were in near tears. Probably missed some of the jokes because we were laughing so loud. So I definitely need to rewatch it again.
Reply With Quote
  #550  
Old 04-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Hahahaha

This is what South park was referencing last night at the very end for the Stephen Baldwin website.


Wow.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAfzmm6ZvZ4
Reply With Quote
  #551  
Old 04-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamer581 View Post
Hah, I always seem to be in the minority when it comes to South Park. I loved last night's episode, and disliked the last two.


Haha, Stephen Baldwin! Great episode.


Mimsy!
I didn't like the last two episodes that much either, but did like this one. I sometimes watch Intervention, and I thought SP went a little far because of the plot of Intervention, but I did laugh.
Reply With Quote
  #552  
Old 04-29-2010, 06:08 PM
Yeah, it wasn't the best episode, but this was the strongest half-season they've put together in a while.
Reply With Quote
  #553  
Old 04-29-2010, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamer581 View Post
This is what South park was referencing last night at the very end for the Stephen Baldwin website.


Wow.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAfzmm6ZvZ4


hahahaha

Thanks for the link screamer! Gonna have to pass this vid around to some of my friends. They'll definitely get a kick out of this.
Reply With Quote
  #554  
Old 04-29-2010, 09:57 PM
that link is fucking hilarious!

Stephen Baldwin was so awesome in Bio Dome! (Fuck yes, i said Bio DOme was awesome.. sue me)! Now he is just a joke!

He was on Celeb Apprentice... he was a complete tool
Reply With Quote
  #555  
Old 04-29-2010, 11:45 PM
Man, those two guys on the red team that were trying to kill Jimmy totally reminded me of Pinky and the Brain.


oh and Sharkrape for the win
Reply With Quote
  #556  
Old 04-30-2010, 12:33 AM
I loved the episode, it was hilarious.
Reply With Quote
  #557  
Old 04-30-2010, 10:07 AM
Yeah that was WAAAAAAY more like it. I absolutely loved this episode, it was classic Southpark stuff. Ripping on pop culture like there's no tomorrow, making the handicapped kids act like looney tune characters is a stroke of genius and Towelie is among the absolute best SP characters.

Really loved this one from start to finish. So much better than the previous two.
Reply With Quote
  #558  
Old 04-30-2010, 05:39 PM
It seemed like halfway through the episode, Matt and Trey just said, "Fuck it." In other words, I liked it.
Reply With Quote
  #559  
Old 05-04-2010, 10:18 AM
"The Tardicaka shark has a penis the length of 9 inches*

*Colorado Wildlife board"


AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH, that was great.
Reply With Quote
  #560  
Old 09-25-2010, 01:16 PM
South Park returns in less than two weeks!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump