Old 10-16-2008, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fred Krueger View Post
It was okay. Cartman shitting on Garrison's desk and getting his ass kicked by Wendy was funny...but not much in between. I hope South Park doesn't undergo what The Simpsons has been going through--7 years straight of subpar episodes.
I think they just keep the formula of two shitty starter episodes, then the middle gets good, then they go out with a weak bang like always.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:46 AM
Highlights:

Wendy talking crap. ("You're gonna beep die!") And when she was staring him down in the lunchroom.

"You're my bro, and she's your bitch. And I don't wanna fight my bro's bitch"

Cartman STILL finding a happy ending for himself. Hilarity.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:24 AM
Was it just me or were they kind of spoofing the 80's teen classic 'Three O'Clock High'?

South Park goes really obscure sometimes.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:42 AM
thought it was pretty darn funny

far better than ep 8
Old 10-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Decent episode could of been better hopefully next's week will be better. Anyway we should get a good episode when the election comes along they will have a good one.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
Highlights:

"You're my bro, and she's your bitch. And I don't wanna fight my bro's bitch"
That got a big laugh from my friends and I. I really liked this episode but I can understand why some people didnt.

It was a lot better than seeing Indy get raped a bunch of times thats for sure!

I also liked that the Goth kids were in it.
"Did she just call us emos?"
Old 10-16-2008, 11:57 AM
This episode was alright and way better than last weeks. I still think they are kind of phoning it in so far, as they didn't take this plot as far as they usually do. Still, Cartman shitting on Garrison's desk/eating his underwear was hilarious as was his constant handsignals and desperately trying to be cool lingo. The fight was funny too as was the There Will Be Blood reference at the end. I'm glad that they didn't mock Breast Cancer (Like the overused Rape bit last week) because that definately isn't a funny subject and it had a great moment at the end with Principal Victoria comparing Cartman to cancer. This might be an episode that gets better on several rewatches like the Pioneer folk episode (which may be favorite episode this season).
Old 10-16-2008, 12:33 PM
^^^
Nice observation on the There WIll Be Blood reference Frank.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Word, I loved the Snatch and There Will Be Blood references at the end. Pretty funny episode, but nothin' special....
Old 10-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Another hilarious episode, had a couple of moments where I wasn't sure how it would end up but then it would have me laughing again. Gotta love Cartman.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:54 PM
i thought this was a crucially sub par episode.. one of the worst of the series i think!

i laughed when Butters called cartman a Faggot... the way Cartman moved when he was trying to be cool... and the There Will Be Blood reference by wendy at the end... but there was no really hilarious part of the episode!

Was still better than most other shitcoms on TV
Old 10-16-2008, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson13 View Post
Was it just me or were they kind of spoofing the 80's teen classic 'Three O'Clock High'?

South Park goes really obscure sometimes.
Totally agree. The "countdown" music was exactly the same, as was the wide shot with kids hanging out of the school windows...
Old 10-17-2008, 02:24 PM
I liked this episode better than last week's and for some reason it reminded me of an episode from the earlier seasons. The Wendy "smack-talk" was hilarious as was Butter's one-liners ("faggot" lmao.) The actual fight was amazing along with Cartmen's final words. Other highlights were Cartmen eating his underwear and crapping on Mr. Garrison's desk.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:52 PM
quick thoughts on the first 2 episodes of the season:

The Indy episode was OK, but they went a bit far (plus, I didn't HATE that movie). It kind of reminded me of the running gag in Spaced regarding Phantom Menace, but Spaced was a lot funnier.

The 2nd episode was solid... more my kind of episode. I typically prefer the "kids being kids" episodes more than when they satire something or try to make a social observation. It was great Cartman without being ridiculous, over-the-top Cartman (something they have been overdoing in recent Cartman episodes). I like it more when he's just a malicious kid, not some kind of total maniac (like trying to give someone AIDS). And Wendy was priceless. Off hand, this is the best I've seen her. The trash talking killed me.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:58 PM
I kind of hope that the next couple of episodes aren't Cartman centric as he's one of my favorite characters, but they've really made him too over the top super-villain (The AIDS episode, Cartoon Wars, and even the Kyle Sucks Cartman balls plot of Imaginationland which just wasn't as awesome as the main plot) over the past 3 or so years. I hope we get another Randy episode this season, a Jimmy/Timmy one (I doubt it, but dammit, it's been a while) and maybe one where the four boys are together on something for once like Lil' Crime Stoppers, Make Love, Not Warcraft, The Lord Of The Rings episode, or Good Times With Weapons where they are just acting like little kids and take the littlest things very seriously. I prefer the Cartman that was a bit of a backhanded asshole, instead of going all out like he has been since around Season 10.

Last edited by Frank the Tank; 10-18-2008 at 12:03 AM..
Old 10-18-2008, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
Off hand, this is the best I've seen her. The trash talking killed me.
Yes! She was funny for once... And she didn't have to say "Fuck Gregory! Fuck him right in the ear!"!
Old 10-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
I prefer the Cartman that was a bit of a backhanded asshole, instead of going all out like he has been since around Season 10.
We think alike my man. That's exactly what I said in the post just above yours. Don't get me wrong, some of the over-the-top Cartman stuff is great (particularly Red Badge of Gayness and of course the Tenorman episode) but I think this past episode is where I like to see Cartman more... just a malicious bastard, but not an evil lunatic.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:53 PM
I think they have cartman going over the top more recently is trying to keep it fresh before it gets too old.

Like the oh my god they killed kenny bit, it got old and they realized it, maybe they didn't wanna kill it off so they are upping the crazy before it becomes stale?
Old 10-21-2008, 09:08 PM
new episode plot

Pandemic

"The boys find a way to make money off an international crisis that requires no talent and very little effort. Cartman convinces the other boys to invite Craig to get in on their latest plan when he finds out Craig got $100 for his birthday from his grandma. He knows Craig has just what it takes to make their dream a reality."
Old 10-22-2008, 10:34 PM
What in the living fuck was that shit. My god.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Save us Craig! Save us from the guinea pigs!
Old 10-22-2008, 10:40 PM
I know it's South Park doing what it does best, absurdity humor, but that is just way too absurd for me.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:48 PM
That episode was terrible, but I'll forgive it since it seems like it was just a setup episode for next week or possibly the next couple weeks.

Craig saved the Pan Flute story with his constant bickering about how the main four guys are assholes and none of the other kids want to hang out with them. The Peruvian Flute stuff didn't work for me because I've really never even heard of that until this episode. Like the Indiana Jones episode, it just seemed like something that pissed Matt and Trey off so they used this episode to vent.

The last couple of minutes were funny with the giant guinea pigs, an ~OFFICER BARBRADY~ appearance, and Randy as Hud. I usually love the absurd South Park episodes like Christmas Critters, The Atheist episode with the evil Sea Otters, and Scott Tenorman, but the Pan Flute storyline of the first 15 minutes brought down a great last 5 minutes.

But, this goofy storyline better be awesome, because so far, The Simpsons have been funnier than South Park this year. Season 12 has been a letdown altogether this year aside from the Britney, Pioneer Folk, and Internet episodes, IMO. The rest have either been shitty (This episode, the Indiana Jones one, the Youtube one was only funny on the first viewing and when I found out the Butters video was just them placing Butters in some guys video really hurt that scene, the AIDS episode) or mildly funny (The rest of this season).

Please, no wacky WRONG pictures that mess up the page or anything, it's just that South Park has been disappointing lately.

Last edited by Frank the Tank; 10-22-2008 at 11:06 PM..
Old 10-22-2008, 10:53 PM
This season so far is terrible. Old age must be kicking in.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimo69 View Post
This season so far is terrible. Old age must be kicking in.
The Simpsons had their worst season at that point with Season 12, so maybe this is some weird deja vu or they are just holding back for the last four episodes.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:02 PM
NOw that is what I am talking about!

That episode was fucking hilarious!

Every word that came out of Craig's mouth was gold.

The take off of Cloverfield was really well done as well.

"OH MY GOD THEY"RE SO FURRY!!!"
Old 10-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Quote:
The Simpsons had their worst season at that point with Season 12, so maybe this is some weird deja vu or they are just holding back for the last four episodes.
That is the same thing i am waiting for the last couple of episodes. They usually do a good election one so if they do one on that then this season would be probably turn into something decent.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:26 AM
The first 15 minutes was terrible - is this pan flute thing some inside joke I don't get?? I've never seen one of those....

The last 5 minutes were awesome....

Overall very crappy though, I dont think I cracked more than a smile the first 2/3 of the episode...

Its almost like they have one really good idea/gag for each show so far, but they don't know how to write the story around it to make it whole.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:10 AM
I thought it was another great episode. I don't know why fans complain so much about this season - the show is just as absurd as it used to be. Nothing's changed, it's still the same South Park universe.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:10 PM
I don't know what some of you guys are smoking, but this episode was hilarious.

I loved the Scarface reference.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:25 PM
I’ll admit this new season is not as funny as I thought it was going to be, but it is still way funnier than most things on TV.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:27 PM
Up until the "hybrid" scene I didn't think much of this episode, I couldn't stop laughing for the rest of it though.

It's furry, it's very furry!
Old 10-23-2008, 07:38 PM
I liked this episode better. The Peruvia flute band thing threw me off at first, but the jabs at Homeland Security, Cloverfield and Craig's rants saved it. Next week's will hopefully top it.

BTW, was anyone else expecting the "furries" to be huge vaginas?
Old 10-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree0404 View Post
The first 15 minutes was terrible - is this pan flute thing some inside joke I don't get?? I've never seen one of those....
Maybe its based on where you live, i live near hollywood and you see those groups ALL THE TIME in outdoor malls and whatnot.

At least like 3 or 4 in the area, not all are flutes, some are old guys with guitars, but i thought it was spot on hilarious.

Loved craigs rants, i was laughing the whole time.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizmary86 View Post
I really like this new season, more so than the past few.
Technically, this is still part of season 12...that's at least how Trey and Matt have been releasing the DVDs. : /
Old 10-30-2008, 12:00 AM
That's what I'm talking about. They took the great last five minutes of last week's show and made it even funnier with probably the funniest episode of the season.

Highlights include:

Guinea Pirates, Guineasaurus Rex, Guinea Prisoner, Guinea Bear among others

The Peruvian flute version of "Cars"

Randy throughout the entire episode including randomly shaking the camera in people's faces

Craig throughout the entire episode and they actually developed his character more than they ever have.

The Secretary Of Homeland Security was hilarious as well with his shouting of "CRAYYYYGUHH!!"

Last edited by Frank the Tank; 10-30-2008 at 12:05 AM..
Old 10-30-2008, 05:47 AM
wicked
Old 10-30-2008, 09:18 AM
Holy hell were the last two episodes funny as hell. I loved the Peruvian Flute stuff. The pirate joke from this week's was just golden.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:40 AM

Quote:
That's what I'm talking about. They took the great last five minutes of last week's show and made it even funnier with probably the funniest episode of the season.

Highlights include:

Guinea Pirates, Guineasaurus Rex, Guinea Prisoner, Guinea Bear among others

The Peruvian flute version of "Cars"

Randy throughout the entire episode including randomly shaking the camera in people's faces

Craig throughout the entire episode and they actually developed his character more than they ever have.

The Secretary Of Homeland Security was hilarious as well with his shouting of "CRAYYYYGUHH!!"
Agreed on all parts!

Craig was flat out awesome yet again.

I wonder how high Trey and Matt were when they came up with this shit?

Too many hilarious things to name.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:10 PM
Pretty disappointing considering how good the last few weeks have been. Oh well there is always next week.