Old 03-22-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm always the eternal optimist when it comes to this show, but that episode really did nothing for me, aside from reinforce my hatred of those sign waver guys.

It was a good point at the end, and the QVC type stuff was funny. Not a bad episode, exactly, but not that interesting, I guess.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:33 AM
Both episodes this season have sucked. I at least laughed a time or two with Reverse Cowgirl... but this one was just entirely dull. Blah to this season.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:36 AM
Lady balls
Old 03-23-2012, 06:59 PM
I need that Goddamn jewelry distribution song as my ringtone. Can anyone make it happen?
Old 03-28-2012, 09:45 PM
Spoiler:
oh long johnson.

"Go back to the 90's, fagGOTSSS"

Hilarious episode.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xseanymacx View Post
Spoiler:
oh long johnson.

"Go back to the 90's, fagGOTSSS"

Hilarious episode.
Agreed. South Park killed it last night.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:56 PM
I fucking lost it every time someone Oh Long Johned.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:01 PM
I have not really liked these episodes so far. Something is off. I laughed during the home shopping network episode, but it was like the creators were trying too hard.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe1985 View Post
I have not really liked these episodes so far. Something is off. I laughed during the home shopping network episode, but it was like the creators were trying too hard.
I kind of agree. Though I really liked "Reverse Cowgirl," these latter two, while, like every SP episode, had some definite LOL moments (and "Cash for Gold" had a nice, poignant ending), just didn't seem to add up to a whole.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:50 PM
I haven't been following this season too closely, namely because somebody at my home took it off of the "Recording" list of our DVR and they are not yet available on South Park Studios, but I did manage to catch "Faith Hilling." I thought it was a really good episode. It had the kids being kids, lots of great moments in the style of classic South Park, and overall just felt like the show I fell in love with about 10 years ago - something the show has sometimes lacked as of the past few years. I'm excited to catch up with the season and see what else Matt & Trey have in store for us!

Spoiler:
I also liked how Kyle and Cartman were the moral focuses of the episode, rather than Kyle and Stan, and that Cartman was the one who "did the right thing" at its conclusion.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:44 AM
Can't stop doing the "Oh Long Johnson" cat noise. I think I have a serious problem hahaha

What I discovered: that cat video is actually from 1998 and originally aired on AMV. AMV, as I like to joke, was the original YouTube.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:49 PM
I loved "Cash For Gold." Parts of "Faith Hilling" made me laugh ("A train is coming! NOOOO!"), but overall, I thought it was lackluster. I agree with Genie about the character arc. That was different.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:15 AM

What did you all think of last night's episode?

I liked the Bigfoot hunters (especially Bobo)haha
Old 04-05-2012, 11:34 AM
I think this season is unbearably awful... *sigh*
Old 04-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Not bad. The Bigfoot Hunters gags were the best (sweet Jesus, does that show look awful). I especially loved when they collected the "evidence." And while I usually grow tired of Cartman's racism, it was fairly amusing this time. Also, the Egypt dream sequence was pretty funny.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:28 PM
I thought the "Jewpacabra" episode was hilarious. I think to really appreciate the best parts you have to have seen that bigfoot show (Finding Bigfoot). I was really sick and too exhausted to change the channel a few weeks ago and ended up sitting through a marathon of it. The way they acted in SP wasn't really even that much of a stretch. I saw an episode where they actually explained a video of there being a "baby squatch because it was small" and literally every episode ended with them declaring the area they were in as "having squatches" even though they never had any actual proof aside from some big footprints that could have come from anywhere a few times. I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a great unintentional comedy (and I usually find stuff that like interesting).
Old 04-07-2012, 11:49 PM
I loved the TOILET SEAT NEEDS TO BE DOWN CLYDE and Oh Long Johnson episodes, liked the Cash For Gold episode (That song featured in the montage was amazing), and found the last episode to be pretty forgettable aside from some possible character development. I wonder if Cartman will continue to embrace his newfound Jewish faith for a few episodes.

One observation from this season is that Trey Parker's Cartman voice will always makes me laugh. I had to rewind a scene from the Cash For Gold episode of Cartman saying BAYH or bye to an old lady several times.

Last edited by Frank the Tank; 04-07-2012 at 11:52 PM..
Old 04-11-2012, 11:57 PM
"Jackin' it, jackin' it, spankin' it, whackin' it..."

I knew that was too good a story for Trey and Matt to NOT mock.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:24 AM
that was a great episode!

It wasn't until the very end with that HILARIOUS song that I finally put together what "Jackin it in San Diego" was referencing, and when I did, it just made me laugh harder! (Also cuz of that song, such a great song)!

this is the episode I have been waiting for this season, where they take on current events and skewer them and there were some quality laugh out loud moments: "Is it cuz your pants are pulled up to your tits"!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:56 AM
By far the best new episode so far of this run. When Butters' bully turned out to be his grandma I fell over from laughing so hard. Then when he dressed up to approach her, only to find she had a costume too, classic. Then the person coming in to prevent the bullying, only to turn out he was a bully was great.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:20 AM

Outstanding episode. Everything about it was funny as fuck.

Oh and that anti bullying song was catchy as hell and Trey apparently got the idea from this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waAqJ6727Hk

bwhaha
Old 04-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Okay, I'm stupid. What does "Jackin' it in San Diego" reference?
Old 04-12-2012, 05:41 PM
The Kony guy's public meltdown.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
Outstanding episode. Everything about it was funny as fuck.

Oh and that anti bullying song was catchy as hell and Trey apparently got the idea from this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waAqJ6727Hk

bwhaha
Watching that video, i had that feeling you get when you are embarrassed for the people involved in what you are watching!

The song in the episode was comical, but it doesn't hold a candle to the end song about Jackin it in San Diego!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenberry Reborn View Post
Okay, I'm stupid. What does "Jackin' it in San Diego" reference?
I'm just as confused.
Funny, but what's the connection?
Can't just be a random thing, right?
Old 04-14-2012, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRazor View Post
I'm just as confused.
Funny, but what's the connection?
Can't just be a random thing, right?
The guy who made the Kony 2012 was caught jackin' it in his car.

Which is one of the many reasons that this was a damn near perfect episode. There was so much content packed in, and all of it fit so perfectly. I especially loved the dig towards the Weinstein's and "Bully" (If it's so important, why not release it for free... I'm sorry, what?).

Grandma was awesome. The music video was awesome. The bathroom bully-one-upsmanship was awesome. And the song and dance finale was just icing on the cake.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Ya.. it is the Kony 2012 director dude had like a mental breakdown and was accused of jerking off while walking down the street butt ass naked. (He was taken to a mental hospital and subsequently released)!

That part where they say that if you want a movie to be seen by everyone, why not release it on the internet for free was one of the most ingenious things I have ever seen and one of the best "HA, GOTCHA" scenes ever in that show!
Old 04-15-2012, 01:46 AM
They are so goddamn great with the voices in this show. Grandma was the perfect mix of old-person sugar and intimidating enforcer.

And the music video is ten times better after having seen what it was based on. Thanks for the link echo.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:00 AM
Agree fully. Finally loved an episode. Cant wait for next week, hope it is all uphill.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:09 AM

Ugh. Maybe the worst episode I've seen in quite some time.

I hated the actors that were playing the boys.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:13 PM
Yep, another pile this week... Matt and Trey just seem bored now. This season's not clicking with me at all. /snooze
Old 04-19-2012, 12:57 PM
Ya... this may just be the worst episode of South Park I have ever seen.

The live action part I hated, I agree, the dudes playing the boys sucked ass. Which im sure was the point, I guess making fun of all of those "Dramatized" programs that depict real events.. but still, the actors all sucked and it didn't work.

That was bad!

There is a lot of political and social issues to be mocking, why have they not done that much this season??

Last edited by SkyNet; 04-19-2012 at 01:00 PM..
Old 04-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Wow, I thought this was a funny episode.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe1985 View Post
Wow, I thought this was a funny episode.
Agreed. Did you and I see the same episode as everyone else did? I thought it was just as hilarious (if not more so) than last week's.

I propose we make jackin' it in San Diego the new official slang term for people who let fame go to their heads.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoojib127 View Post
Agreed. Did you and I see the same episode as everyone else did? I thought it was just as hilarious (if not more so) than last week's.

I propose we make jackin' it in San Diego the new official slang term for people who let fame go to their heads.
That is a good question. I liked last week's episode too.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:32 PM
I'll admit that the live-action was pretty weird, but it still worked. I liked how they had the boys in their early twenties like they're supposed to be.

Thought it was a pretty solid episode in all. Not the best, but farfar from the worst. Did a good job ripping on 1000 Ways to Die and other shows of that ilk.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:49 PM
I guess it's all about the context. I thought this was a great episode. The whole thing was a rip on all those awful "I Survived Something" shows on The History Channel, or some such. It was a dead on perfect parody of all that shit, right down to the "reenactment" - which I thought may have been the best part.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:05 PM
I feel really off compared to most people with these episodes too. The ones everyone seems to love, I'm mixed on. And the ones they hate, I really enjoy. The re-enactment bits and the whole format of the zipline episode were hilarious. You could tell they just got 4 random dudes to do the re-enactment and made it as poorly as possible. And for those reasons t was a dead-on parody of all those kinds of shows. I especially loved seeing the beaches and palm trees in the background with South Park being in Colorado and all.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
I guess it's all about the context. I thought this was a great episode. The whole thing was a rip on all those awful "I Survived Something" shows on The History Channel, or some such. It was a dead on perfect parody of all that shit, right down to the "reenactment" - which I thought may have been the best part.
Not to mention all the folksy, painfully ordinary people just out for a good time at a leisurely pace who always seem to make up most tour groups.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Thought this episode was great. Maybe cause it hit real close to home (tour group stuff absolutely slayed med).