Old 04-23-2012, 12:12 AM
Finally getting around to catching up with this season. The first three episodes were very funny. Looking forward to watching the rest over the next few days.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Haha, just saw the "Butterballs" episode and it was a nice slap in the face to Lee Hirsch and Harvey Weinstein.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Just watched the Ziplining episode. The live action stuff didn't really work, but everything before it was hilarious. It was a perfect riff on those crappy survival or mystery shows and also on fucking group tours and the idiots who make them unbearable.

"Would anyone like to hear about the biology of this tree?"
Old 04-26-2012, 03:21 PM
"I'm sorry Kyle, I like girls."

Bahahahaha.

Last edited by Bourne101; 04-26-2012 at 03:24 PM..
Old 04-26-2012, 07:16 PM
This week's episode was hilarious.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:17 PM
The best of last night's episode was Mr. Garrison's history lesson.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Pretty good one. I think the Soft Serve commercial was the best part.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:05 PM

Much better than last weeks imo. Looking forward to the next one.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:27 PM
I really enjoyed this last one (best of the season so far) but....has anyone gone back and watched old episodes recently? I've been watching episodes from the first few seasons and it is amazing how much better they are. I think the scripts were just much tighter, and their 6-day method of pumping out episodes is making for weaker scripts, and certainly hit-or-miss episodes (compare last weeks to this week). Even this past one I think could have been taken up another notch with a little bit more work.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
I really enjoyed this last one (best of the season so far) but....has anyone gone back and watched old episodes recently? I've been watching episodes from the first few seasons and it is amazing how much better they are. I think the scripts were just much tighter, and their 6-day method of pumping out episodes is making for weaker scripts, and certainly hit-or-miss episodes (compare last weeks to this week). Even this past one I think could have been taken up another notch with a little bit more work.
I haven't seen them in ages, but weren't the first few seasons pretty crappy? That was back when Trey and Matt didn't really know what South Park was or what it could become.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Really? I have watched some of the earlier episodes, and they are good, but you can tell they got better at writing the characters.

Sure, the last few seasons have not been too strong, but they are still good. For a while, they were putting out some really good episodes.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:38 PM
I don't think South Park truly found its voice until season four. Season five and beyond have been consistently solid and uniform it its sense of humor. Seasons one, two, and three were all over the place, and relied more on shock than actual humor, if you ask me.

Plus, they talk way too fast in those early episodes. It's kinda weird to watch them now.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Seasons 6-9 were its absolute peak, in my opinion.

Early on, I think it relied a bit too much on shock value. A cartoon that curses! Oh my God!

Eventually, they started to actually find a voice. It's been falling off a bit lately, but that's to be expected from any show that's been around this long. I think 6 is my all-time favorite season.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:19 PM
I should probably clarify a little bit what I meant. First, I just meant that I did not realize how much the show had dropped off until watching earlier episodes. Watch the zip-lining one then watch an earlier episode; it's staggering. Second, by "first few" I didn't mean like seasons 1 and 2. I meant like the first five or six. "Few" seems appropriate to me because South Park has been around for sixteen seasons. What is amazing to me is how much tighter the scripts are. I really think that the live-action sequence would have been pulled of if it had been done during the first half of the show's existence. I think the reason that the last few seasons have been dragging is the amount of time put into the scripts. But hell, that's just me. I must admit I'm not particularly familiar with which seasons were the best/worst. All I recognize is the clear drop off in the writing (though again it seems hit or miss, even if this weeks could have been better with more work I still liked it a lot).

All this said, my all-time favorite episode is in Season 8 (Woodland Critter Christmas)

Last edited by Gordon; 04-29-2012 at 10:21 PM..
Old 09-24-2012, 05:20 PM

New episode this week. Looks like the boys dress up as the Avengers for Halloween haha.
Cant wait!
Old 09-27-2012, 12:41 PM
Honestly, I thought the episode sucked.
Trey needs to put more effort into his premieres.

I did like Butters in the episode though but they could of done sooo much more with it.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:57 PM
i thought the episode was fucking hilarious. The way they skewered the NFL for the replacement refs and the concussions.

When they had the old players on the field just walking around aimlessly, and the one guy was baking a cake, i was laughing my ass off!
Old 09-27-2012, 04:08 PM
parts of it were hilarous, like all the athletes drinking Butters' semen, and the old NFL players on the field doing stuff, but the rest of it was pretty much shit.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
i thought the episode was fucking hilarious. The way they skewered the NFL for the replacement refs and the concussions.
Ditto.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:13 AM
"Fuck it! It's a fucking field goal!"
Old 09-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Parts were funny, but I didn't really laugh hard 'til Randy blankly declares, ".......this is cum."

What's brilliant about that is that it circumvents your expectations as Randy is one of the most gullible characters on the show, so you fully expect him to go, "Oh, this is great!" But no haha
Old 09-28-2012, 02:41 PM
I thought it was pretty good, until the whole Butter's creamy goodness stuff... wow. I was not expecting that. Best part was the look on Tom Brady's face when downing a bottle of it.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
I thought it was pretty good, until the whole Butter's creamy goodness stuff... wow. I was not expecting that. Best part was the look on Tom Brady's face when downing a bottle of it.
Of course, this isn't the first time they've harvested spunk (no pun intended), but they did perhaps take it a bit too far this time. I still nonetheless liked their whole sarcasm-as-concussions metaphor for satirizing the general danger of regular football.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:34 PM
That episode was fucking legendary.

The bar was set so low they had to send James Cameron in with a submarine to raise it. I was pissing myself the entire episode.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Love that song.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:24 AM

Now thats more like it!

I was literally wiping away tears from laughing so hard.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:15 AM
I laughed pretty consistently throughout this episode!

The James Cameron song was great!

The Honey Boo Boo stuff was genius!

The Randy Newman song had me laughing the hardest! Fatty Doo Doo!

Man, this show is the greatest thing in the world at skewering the extreme idiocies of our world!

and I say all of that, even though I am a fatty!

Last edited by SkyNet; 10-04-2012 at 03:18 AM..
Old 10-06-2012, 08:41 PM
There was a lot of good stuff in this one, but I think my favorite part was when the one guy in the crowd just shouts "Yeah, Tip assist!"

Also, the Michelle Obama beatdown of Cartman was pretty good, and very unexpected.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:16 AM

Okay I have no doubt this will be a great episode. Randy has a Bane mask and kinda sounds like him haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HID-7...ature=youtu.be
Old 10-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Not as funny as last weeks but still damn funny.

God I love Randy haha
Old 10-11-2012, 05:11 PM
this episode gave me one of the biggest laughs in a while:

when the old guy says (sorry i forgot the exact quote" but it was:
Do you want your milk Pasteurized.. no just go up to my boobs, I can splash it in my eyes!

I was laughing about that for nearly a minute after it was said!

The Bane masks were hilarious!
Old 10-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
when the old guy says (sorry i forgot the exact quote" but it was:
Do you want your milk Pasteurized.. no just go up to my boobs, I can splash it in my eyes!

I was laughing about that for nearly a minute after it was said!
Ditto, that was hilarious.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:01 PM
This was a nice sort of thematic companion piece to "Child Abduction Isn't Funny."
Old 10-13-2012, 01:48 AM
This one cracked me up. It had that theme of some past episodes where basically the whole town goes crazy. Those are some of the best episodes. The stranger telling stories about the milkman was awesome. The "Pasteurize" joke might be one of the most clever, throw-away jokes that's ever been written for the show.

One of my favorite repeating gags they do is when something creepy supposedly happens, there's that classic movie chiller piano roll that gets me every time.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:09 AM
The whole idea of the UPS guys having sex with other men's wives was really hilarious because it reminded me of this story my mom used to tell me about the Milkman's Baby, in which milkmen back in Colombia were doing the very same thing (which they reference in this episode) and getting these women pregnant.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:38 PM
I loved the return of the old guy from Pet Sematary. One of my favorite random characters that just shows up.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Last nights episode was one of the worst I've ever seen. Unfunny. Completely unfunny.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Yeah, it was pretty bad.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:54 PM
It wasnt their best episode, no doubt... but the beginning with Butters pissed off voice did have me laughing!
Old 10-20-2012, 12:21 PM
I actually liked the Native episode. Pretty random, but I could relate to it. One of my friends from college is a real Hawaiian native, and he would always joke about how people would move in there and act like they really understood the culture and owned the place when in reality they just chill out in the beaches. So I guess it struck a chord with me that I found funny. Plus, I liked the focus on Butters and Kenny. A fairly random pair to star in an episode, but I really enjoyed it. Anything that doesn't feel familiar is good in my eyes, especially for a show that's been around this long. Hard to create new environments.

I missed last week's, unfortunately. Randy in a Bane mask has all kinds of awesomeness written all over it. Didn't like the first episode at all. Liked that it took a shot at the NFL, but that was about it.