Old 11-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamita View Post
I thought this season sort of sucked not many great episodes and I really didn't get this weeks Twilight episode. Are all the kids in High school now dressing up as Vamps? We also don't have a Hot Topic around me so I don't really know about those I guess they are like Spencers. To me the funniest episode was the Election one.
The kids do dress a bit like vampires nowadays, the Hot Topic around here has a section devoted to this horrible subculture. The goths, vamps, and emos all just blend in to me though.

Another thing I loved was the kids playing the shooting game at the beginning on the computers, which is way more complex than the duck hunt/pac-man/helicopter game most of the students played when I was still in school and everyone was bored.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:41 PM
i thought the episode was boring, yet again. the whole butters subplot got pushed aside for the goth kids plot. I liked the goth kids plot better because it was more realistic, yet the butters was just 20 minutes of him going around hissing.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
The finale was awesome. One of my faves this season. Vamp Butters doing the hiss was funny every time as was him trying to feed on Cartman. The silly parodies of Goth songs that appeared throughout the episode was funny as well. My favorite part was when Butters was trying to tape the Vampire Kids and the Butters Big Texas Show comes on, that was hilarious.
I saw that episode last night. I thought the whole episode was funny. All the ideas and jokes worked well together. Cartman only had like 2 mins. of screen time, but everything he said was funny.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:21 AM
I love the goth kids!

Too bad we have to wait awhile for new episodes though.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:37 PM
The "Burning Down Hot Topic" song was fantastic.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratlehed View Post
Cartman only had like 2 mins. of screen time, but everything he said was funny.
That seems to be a trend with finales... he wasn't too significant in The List last season, or the one where Stan coached the hockey team 2 years ago.

I loved this episode... I typically enjoy the episodes where they involve more of the cast than just the boys. But are "Vamps" an actual trend going on in schools today?
Old 11-26-2008, 12:05 AM
Ugh. I knew a guy who was a vampire douche in high school. He didn't lay it on as thick as these guys, but it was sooo annoying.

What made this episode was Butter's little hiss. That was hysterical. And the goth music.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:43 PM
This show has officially shit the bed. Get it off TV now. It's done. Horrible second half of the season.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjohng View Post
This show has officially shit the bed. Get it off TV now. It's done. Horrible second half of the season.
The election episode and the one where Wendy and Cartman fight weren't bad, but other than that, I'd agree with your assertion of the second half. That's the way it's been for the past few seasons though, great first half, mediocre second half.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:19 PM
It was a bit of an off season. But considering it's been solid gold since about halfway though season 4, I think it's okay to let this one slide.

There were some good highlights, specifically Cartman getting his ass kicked. And it gave us probably the most truly disturbing and fucked up episode ever with Britney's New Look.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:02 PM
I thought Season 4 was better than this one (Hate Crime, Fingerbang, NAMBLA, The Two Parter, Trapper Keeper and The Great Expectations parody are all great, and I can't think of an episode I really disliked from that season), but yeah even an off season of South Park is still usually good television. This season did give us a couple terrible episodes though. I'd say this was the weakest overall season since Season 2. If you count the little split blocks they've been doing, then I would say the worst South Park mini-season was probably the first half of Season 10 (The first and last episodes of that block are the only ones I liked), but the second half pretty much saved that season with 6 great episodes in a row, minus the finale. This season only had about two or three classics, a couple of decent ones, a lot of mediocrity and a few terrible ones.

Rewatching it again, the Christmas Critters episode is definately the most fucked up South Park (Even beating Scott Tenorman) ever yet still one of my all time faves.

Last edited by Frank the Tank; 11-28-2008 at 07:06 PM..
Old 11-28-2008, 07:26 PM
I havent seen Chte Christmas Critters episodem isnt there somewhere online that shows the South Park episodes?
Old 11-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcat View Post
I havent seen Chte Christmas Critters episodem isnt there somewhere online that shows the South Park episodes?
Southparkstudios.com might have all the episodes or all about south park.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjohng View Post
In an interview, Stone and Parker said that Imagination Land was supposed to be a 2nd South Park movie, but they were out of ideas so they turned it into a 3-part episode. That was then. Now, I'm sure they're getting even more desperate. It's tough to come up with stuff as consistently as they do. I still like the show, and definitely want more, but at the creators' own admissions, they're running out of ideas
Old 11-29-2008, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
Rewatching it again, the Christmas Critters episode is definately the most fucked up South Park (Even beating Scott Tenorman) ever yet still one of my all time faves.
If it wasn't a story, I'd agree with you.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
In an interview, Stone and Parker said that Imagination Land was supposed to be a 2nd South Park movie, but they were out of ideas so they turned it into a 3-part episode. That was then. Now, I'm sure they're getting even more desperate. It's tough to come up with stuff as consistently as they do. I still like the show, and definitely want more, but at the creators' own admissions, they're running out of ideas
Maybe they should stop trying to churn them out every week and just take their time and write better episodes instead of doing "OH LOOK WE ARE MAKING FUN OF THE CURRENT TREND"
Old 12-01-2008, 10:33 PM
I disagree, I actually think the boys have done a brilliant job of lampooning the establishment and staying current; still the most brilliant comedy on television in my opinion.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmJunkie1114 View Post
I disagree, I actually think the boys have done a brilliant job of lampooning the establishment and staying current; still the most brilliant comedy on television in my opinion.
I agree 100%
Old 03-11-2009, 09:30 PM
The newest episode aired tonight, and wow, that was a great episode. Picking on the Jonas Brothers just doesn't get old. Kenny got lucky, then died.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:08 AM
after last year's awfulness, they really upped the ante with this episode. An instant classic.....best episode since Imaginationland. 9/10
Old 03-12-2009, 01:00 AM
Yep, great episode tonight and better than most of last season's. Great start and riffing on Disney is always funny. Mickey cracked me up everytime he showed up as did the songs by the Jonas Brothers which were shockingly realistic. I was shocked at how terrible their music was when they performed on SNL a few weeks ago, they are like a cross between Hanson and Bon Jovi but worst than both. Cartman was awesome here and seems at his best in smaller roles where he does small rants anymore compared to tired Cartman is racist episodes.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:44 AM

In South Park, Colorado, we follow the adventures of four foul-mouthed fourth-graders: Eric Cartman, the rude, obnoxious, sadistic, racist, fat kid; Stan Marsh, a quiet kid with a huge crush on Wendy Testaberger (he usually vomits whenever he talks to her or when something gross occurs); Kyle Brofloski, the religious Jewish kid who Cartman picks on for being Jewish; and Kenny, the orange parka-hooded kid who dies every episode. Of course, most of the time, something weird usually happens including aliens planting a chip in Cartman's anus and Michael Jackson moves into the neighborhood. Other wild adventures include: the boys blaming their parents for child molestation and Cartman feeding Scott Tenorman his parents in chili. A movie was given in the early seasons in 1999. And the boys enjoy their Terrence & Philip, a Canadian comedy duo (which the parents were against in the movie
Old 03-12-2009, 08:25 AM
That episode was a-OK. I enjoyed their version of Mickey Mouse. And poor Kenny. That's a horrible way to go.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:33 AM
The episode was classic South Park, fucking hilarious!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree0404 View Post
after last year's awfulness, they really upped the ante with this episode. An instant classic.....best episode since Imaginationland. 9/10
Last year's awfulness, got to disagree, some of the best episodes of the series.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
That episode was a-OK. I enjoyed their version of Mickey Mouse. And poor Kenny. That's a horrible way to go.
When they kept saying "the boss is coming", I thought to myself, "there's NO way they're gonna be able to show Mickey Mouse" but sure enough, there he was, kicking the shit out of one of the Jonas Brothers.

***SPOILERS***JUST IN CASE***

Will Kenny "regenerate" or is that it for him?
The creators did it early on in the series but stopped after awhile and he was gone for awhile...til he magically returned...
Old 03-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRazor View Post

***SPOILERS***JUST IN CASE***

Will Kenny "regenerate" or is that it for him?
The creators did it early on in the series but stopped after awhile and he was gone for awhile...til he magically returned...
I guess we'll see soon enough. I'm going to go with he'll probably return.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:10 PM

I really loved last nights episode..Def the best one in a while. Mickey fucking Mouse was wildin' out the whole time he was on screen and him beating the shit out of one of the Jonas brothers was just hysterical. I might have to watch that one again! Effin cyphillis lmao.. Im sure Kenny will be back next week.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:26 PM
A lot better than a remember last season.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:43 PM
this episode was definitely better than most of last season's. Mickey Mouse is an asshole.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mksimith2 View Post

In South Park, Colorado, we follow the adventures of four foul-mouthed fourth-graders: Eric Cartman, the rude, obnoxious, sadistic, racist, fat kid; Stan Marsh, a quiet kid with a huge crush on Wendy Testaberger (he usually vomits whenever he talks to her or when something gross occurs); Kyle Brofloski, the religious Jewish kid who Cartman picks on for being Jewish; and Kenny, the orange parka-hooded kid who dies every episode. Of course, most of the time, something weird usually happens including aliens planting a chip in Cartman's anus and Michael Jackson moves into the neighborhood. Other wild adventures include: the boys blaming their parents for child molestation and Cartman feeding Scott Tenorman his parents in chili. A movie was given in the early seasons in 1999. And the boys enjoy their Terrence & Philip, a Canadian comedy duo (which the parents were against in the movie

Yeeaaahhhh....umm....first, if you are going to copy and paste some summary of the show, try to post something up to date, and post the entire thing at that. Second, this show is in its 13th season now and pretty much everyone everywhere has heard of it and knows what its about, so really, we dont need a summary of the show at all.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Brilliant stuff. Mickey Mouse rocked it ha ha.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Hats off to anyone who can make fun of the Jonas Brothers AND Grey's Anatomy (particularly its fans) in the same episode.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Yay new episode up in about a hour!
Old 03-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Holy shit....This episode was fucking great!..The whole Coon and Mysterion thing was brilliant.I loved the references to TDK,Watchmen and The Spirit..Good god...it was just...brilliant
Old 03-18-2009, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BankaiZaraki View Post
Holy shit....This episode was fucking great!..The whole Coon and Mysterion thing was brilliant.I loved the references to TDK,Watchmen and The Spirit..Good god...it was just...brilliant

who was Mysterion?
Old 03-18-2009, 09:46 PM
I thought it was ok, I enjoyed last week's episode more. I hated Watchmen, wanted to love it. So, this episode was just ok to me. I did laugh at parts though.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:13 PM
Fucking AMAZING episode. So hilarious...

"I got mad because you used the word fag, Kyle. That word is offensive to butt pirates..."

ericdraven, they didn't actually say specifically who Mysterion was, which was the joke. And shoe, it wasn't just making fun of Watchmen, but also TDK, The Spirit, and superhero films in general really (the ending was pretty reminiscent of Spider-man 3 as well, if you ask me).

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 03-18-2009 at 11:18 PM..
Old 03-18-2009, 11:13 PM
another good episode.....this season is off to a good start....much better than last season
Old 03-19-2009, 01:06 AM
much better than last week's. This is South Park at its best... letting the kids just get into crazy shenaningans, with no real social commentary. Last week's was ok (maybe I would've like it more if I knew who the Jonas Brothers are) but this was awesome.