Old 03-19-2009, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
Fucking AMAZING episode. So hilarious...

"I got mad because you used the word fag, Kyle. That word is offensive to butt pirates..."

ericdraven, they didn't actually say specifically who Mysterion was, which was the joke. And shoe, it wasn't just making fun of Watchmen, but also TDK, The Spirit, and superhero films in general really (the ending was pretty reminiscent of Spider-man 3 as well, if you ask me).
I know, but the most recent super hero movie, I guess that is the right term?, I saw was Watchmen, so this episode reminded me of that the most.

It was good, but could have been better. I preferred last week's episode.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:01 AM
I was surprised they didn't make Cartman into a "Joker" character. Are Stone and Parker respectful of Heath Ledger?

Other than the name they gave Cartman's super hero character, I thought it was a funny episode overall. Great to see Professor Chaos return.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:33 AM
The Coon ruled haha!

I especially liked Cartman's "dark knight" voice.

"Now I'm over here" haha
Old 03-19-2009, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdraven View Post
who was Mysterion?
I am Mysterion! j/k...well you have to take in effect on who Cartman suggested it was...It would have to be either Clyde,Kenny,Stan, or Kyle...Most people are sayin its Kenny because he didnt speak when he took off his mask
Old 03-19-2009, 01:23 PM
I honestly hope they come out with two new shirts, The Coon shirt and Who is Mysterion shirt..I want those so bad!

It reminded me most of TDK and The Spirit..The TDK growl voice and the "superhero" movies were basically quoting The Spirit was I thought was fanastic! The scene were Captain Chaos said that if Mysterion wouldnt unmasked or he would blow up a hospital was the funniest shit ever. So far two very very great episodes, cant wait till next week.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BankaiZaraki View Post
It would have to be either Clyde,Kenny,Stan, or Kyle...Most people are sayin its Kenny because he didnt speak when he took off his mask
It couldn't be Kyle, because Mysterion visited Kyle. My guess would be Stan, but Kenny would be good too.

Both episodes were hilarious.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Im not easily fooled by Mysterion visiting Kyle..They could chalk it up by having Kyle talk to himself..like an alter-ego thing..one minute hes Kyle the next hes Mysterion..it makes sense..But my guess would it would have to be Clyde..Because no one suspects him lol
Old 03-19-2009, 04:59 PM
i liked last nighst episode... i didnt think it was the best one

the best joke was certainly the deep voice used by Cartman when he was The Coon!

But still... the most unfunny episode of South Park is still funnier than 95% of other comedies on any channel now-a-days!
Old 03-19-2009, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRazor View Post
Other than the name they gave Cartman's super hero character, I thought it was a funny episode overall. Great to see Professor Chaos return.
And General Disarray!

I was a little worried about the name... I thought there would be more...um, racial jokes.

Why doesn't Tweek have any lines during his appearances? Not even a "Ah!" or something.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
I was a little worried about the name... I thought there would be more...um, racial jokes.
"Every town needs a coon..."

So true haha
Old 03-20-2009, 01:22 AM
It was on again tonight. My favorite part was when Mysterion goes "I don't have time for this," and lights a bunch of firecrackers to escape.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
It was on again tonight. My favorite part was when Mysterion goes "I don't have time for this," and lights a bunch of firecrackers to escape.
I don't remember the exact line, but when Cartman was saying how they were illegal cracked me up.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
And General Disarray!

Why doesn't Tweek have any lines during his appearances? Not even a "Ah!" or something.
South Park really plays with the racial stuff now.
They just throw it out there and say "fuck it, we're gonna do this".
He could've been called "The Racoon" but I guess that wouldn't fit Eric Cartman's persona aka the edgy writing.

Tweek might have been Mysterion.
It's a great dual identity.
Who'd suspect him?
Old 03-20-2009, 12:31 PM
Great episode. I loved the "Coon" suspects wall with Fierstein and Vilanch. It was good to see Chaos again. Butters is my fave character.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:21 PM
ep was so darn funny
Old 03-20-2009, 05:46 PM
"Another woman being raped" hahaha i loved the episode, amazing stuff.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:50 PM
I didnt care for 'The Ring' episode, so this was a much needed and welcomed rebound. Excellent episode.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:59 PM
Yeah, "The Ring" was a missed opportunity. Mickey Mouse was a one-note joke, and they didn't really do anything funny with the Jonas Brothers. I prefer "The Coon." Cartman's Coon voice was hysterical.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:03 PM
I enjoyed the Ring for the most part just for how far they took the whole selling sex to little girls bit was hillarious, oh and any time one of the brothers says BAY-BAY! i'm in stitches laughnig cause that was a similar observaion i made of them when i first saw them preform on some awards show one time.

The Coon was pretty good, loved the whole Bruce Vilanche thing, heh.

FIREWORKS ARE ILLEGAL IN COLORADO ASS HOLE!!!!

still no description for this wednesday's episode though up on Mr. Twig yet, can't wait to see what they do.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:34 PM
another randy episode tommorrow. nice.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:46 AM
i'm surprised no one mentioned the part in "the coon" where they spoof the "Leprechaun in Mobile Alabama" youtube video ("to me it look like mysterion to me, who all seen mysterion say, "YEAH!")

That is the best youtube video sensation to date and they nailed it
Old 03-25-2009, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countchocula View Post
Mickey Mouse was a one-note joke, and they didn't really do anything funny with the Jonas Brothers.
True...besides, wasn't Michael Eisner the one who sent the studio in this direction to begin with? The Mickey Mouse Club and all that stuff was fine in the 50s and 60s, but that was more due to people, for the most part, having simpler sensibilities back then; a lot has changed since then. So don't make Mickey the bad guy here. : /

BTW, tonight's episode was hilarious!
Old 03-26-2009, 08:20 AM
Last night's episode was fantastic. I couldn't stop laughing the whole time. Randy was excellent, and then Cartman was funny with his trying to stop the jew. All around, excellent episode.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:58 PM
"They took our jobs!"
"Derka der!"

Really funny episode last night.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:06 PM
I didn't care for the Superhero episode...the Jonas Brothers episode was much better. I loved Mickey Mouse.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Actually, I didnt really find it that funny when I watched it earlier today..But I do think this episode was by far the sharpest and smartest episode to date...I definently enjoyed last weeks better but this was as good
Old 03-27-2009, 02:54 AM
Last nights episode was awesome. At first I didn't really think the gags where Stan is trying to return the Margaritaville were funny at all the the part with the chicken happened and I lost it. Damn near everything ruled from Randy to the return of the Dey Tuk Er Jab guys to ANDIT'SGONE to the ending and so on.

They really are starting off awesome so far, and the superhero one was funny too and Cartman's Batman voice was hilarious.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
the part with the chicken happened and I lost it
Agreed. It was the kazoo that really put over the top for me, I think.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:31 PM
I wonder if this season being better than last season has anything to do with Bill Hader joining the writing staff.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canto View Post
I wonder if this season being better than last season has anything to do with Bill Hader joining the writing staff.
I think he's a better comedic actor than a writer, IMO.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:48 PM
woah... completely did not know Bill Hader had joined the writing staff! That is awesome!
Old 03-28-2009, 12:28 PM
That was an awesome episode. So far...3 for 3...

Randy rules!

"we must focus on what we really need; bread, water ...and margaritas yay"

And of course Cartman: "Just tell us where the cave is Kyle" awesome stuff.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canto View Post
Nah, that can't be it. After all, SNL hasn't been genuinely funny since (arguably) the Bush Sr. administration. : ?
Old 04-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Dear Lord.

Tonights episode was disgusting.

And I laughed my ass off at it.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Oh man, women are going to be queefing every where after that episode
Old 04-01-2009, 10:52 PM
The Road Warrior queef was tremendous.

Another great one and they are 4/4 so far.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:56 PM
I was laughing a lot during this episode. This is a great season so far.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:26 AM

Wow, I thought that was an awful episode. Easily the worst of the year so far.

I may be in the minority.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Eh...as with most Terence and Philip-centric episodes, the obsession with bodily functions as jokes got old quick with this one. : ?
Old 04-02-2009, 01:58 PM

Last nights episode was the stupidest and most boring episode of south park ive ever seen. I hate when they bring in terrence and phillip..i hate those guys...i did like when that girl queefed in butter's face though..that was brilliant lol..but yea...im kinda pissed they couldnt come up with a better april fools day joke than this..