Old 11-30-2008, 09:23 AM
Batman R.I.P

I haven't read all the Batman comics, probably not even 40% of them so I was wondering where did the story line for Batman R.I.P follow on from? didn't Batman (Bruce) already have his back broken by Bane.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:29 AM
Grant Morrison wrote it and it sucked horribly. It made his horrific arc "The Resurrection of Ra's Ah Ghul" look like "The Killing Joke". And of course the big twist at the end was fucking stupid:

SPOILERS DOWN BELOW
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Apparently Bruce Wayne's father isn't dead, and they ended the comic by having him kick Batman out of a plane, killing Batman in the process.

Pure. 100%. Bullshit.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:34 AM
So its a completely different arc to the whole breaking Batman's back and Batman bringing ina replacement deal?

Would you say it's unlikely Nolan would pick this (Batman R.I.P) up if he were to do a third?
Old 12-01-2008, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizou View Post
So its a completely different arc to the whole breaking Batman's back and Batman bringing ina replacement deal?

Would you say it's unlikely Nolan would pick this (Batman R.I.P) up if he were to do a third?

Yes it's completely different. I also highly doubt Nolan would work this into a movie script.

Also..

SPOILERS...

It looks like Dr. Hurt wasn't Thomas Wayne (even though he claimed he was). Batman outed him as Mangrove Pierce.

Last edited by Damone; 12-01-2008 at 08:08 AM..
Old 12-01-2008, 04:23 PM
I try to stay away from this bullshit.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:45 AM
To each their own. "Batman RIP" turned out to be an overhyped tease, of course (though no one can really claim to know how what's happened is going to play out over the next year), but much of Morrison's run was entertaining as hell up to then--very intriguing.

I would recommend this graphic novel that collects the run right up to "RIP" to just about any Batman comic fan--Williams & Daniel's art is simply stunning.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Yeah, I read and collected all the parts for this and I still dont really know how to feel about it... which in most cases means it was no good.. but I am interested in seeing what Nightwing will do in the coming months as a result of this story arc.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:49 AM
Check that thing http://sourceradix.com/h24.html