Old 01-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Final Crisis #6 : SPOILERS!!!!!

Ok....now I haven't gotten around to reading Final Crisis yet, a buddy of mine just said they killed off BATMAN! WTF!??!! So I looked it up and sure enough.....Batman is dead. How fucking stupid is that? Especially to do that now after TDK is the 2nd highest grossing film ever and new people will be interested in reading the Batman books...Lets kill him off.. Fucking brilliant minds at DC.

Yes...I'll read it just to see how he come back but I have been reading these for years. But still, not bright. Kill off your most popular character at the height of his popularity. When they killed Superman the movies didn't matter at the time...there were pretty much over, Supes wasn't on TV or anything.....but to do that to Batman at this time....it's freakin stupid!

Anyway....is a panel of him with superman carrying his burnt out body.

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/6857/new3371gt5.jpg

I can't believe they did this!
Old 01-15-2009, 11:02 AM
This has been rumored for months.

There's still one issue left and it appears that people from New Earth are going to make their way to (I'm assuming) Earth 1. This leads me to believe we'll see Bruce again real soon.

What happened to Batman was (if I remember right) what happened to Sonny Sumo. Sonny was also blasted by the Omega Beams and was scattered in time (I think). This is probably how Bats will end up on Earth 1 (I don't know. I'm just speculating here.)

As far as the decision to off him so soon after TDK?

Why not do it now with so much interest going on? I think Batman is the only major DC character who's never "died". They've already started the hype on The Battle for the Cowl storyline to see who takes up the mantle next and I can see them having Bruce back just in time for...the next Batman movie.

But I'm just guessing.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Yea..I know it has been rumored but I figured more on his retiring than actually being killed off. I figure it will last around a year and Bruce will be back. Dick Grayson will be Bats.....that's the only one anyone would accept any way. Yes he didn't like it the first time around but I think he would do it now.

I am still pissed they killed Bruce though.....arggghhhh!
Old 01-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Agreed on Dick being Bats.

Out of all the potential replacements, he's the only one I could I deal with.