Old 02-09-2009, 06:05 PM
The JOBLO PODCAST thread!!

Hey Schmoes! By now you might've noticed that we launched our very own podcast that we're really excited about. The master of all Top Ten lists, Jim Law, will be the host of these puppies that will be released every MONDAY. When I say "oh" you say "yeah". Oh.....never mind.

DOWNLOAD PODCAST#1 HERE

In this episode, Jim Law looks at:
  • Reasons why JoBlo.com has decided to do a podcast
  • Weekend Box Office numbers and his love for "Sex and the City"?? I know.
  • His awful neighbor Chachi the Obese Nudist and his equally awful choice in movies
  • His FAVORITE THREAD OF THE WEEK from the JoBlo.com forums!
  • Theatrical and DVD Release Dates
  • Review summaries and more!
We'll also be adding links to new episodes in this thread, and setting up an iTunes page real soon, as well as voicemail box number that you can call and fart into.

PLEASE use this thread to post your thoughts on the topics of the show, to debate and discuss topics of the show and NOT to criticize or critique the host or the show itself.

Feel free to drop Jim Law a line at joblopodcast@joblo.com with any suggestions for a show topic or to tell him how handsome he sounds.

Thanks for listening to the THE GOOD, THE BAD, & THE JOBLO MOVIE PODCAST!!
Old 02-10-2009, 05:30 AM
"YEAH!"

Meh. It kinda stinks that My Name is Bruce makes fun of his fanboys. My excitement for watching that sorta dwindled.

Chachi the Obese Nudist will be a regular segment? Oh, fabulous!

I look forward to the number being set-up and farting into it. Oh yes, there will be farts. (Am I kidding?)

Last edited by Tweek; 02-10-2009 at 05:34 AM..
Old 02-10-2009, 05:41 AM
Enjoyed it, but was there some audio clipping or something going on? It seemed like the audio was dropping out at times. I haven't had this happen with other audio clips.

Maybe I took too much man, took too much...

Damn, I always feel kind of happy that my kid never destroyed any of my equipment.

Love the spoiler for The Happening, which I actually watched twice in the past week. The plants being the villains didn't even bother me, it's just that M. Night can't write dialogue at all, which is why I think Unbreakable worked for me, because it was really silent except for Sam Jackson. I almost feel like with the lines like with Zooey and Mark Walberg going back and forth about her "affair" was just ridiculous, compared to a similar scenario in Eyes Wide Shut, it's almost like he's a virgin trying to write it. Then the come back about the cough syrup. What? Even while watching it, there were parts where I could tell M. Night was trying to make it cheesy, but it didn't work, then I later read that he self-proclaimed it as a B-movie (isn't a self-proclaimed B-movie still a pretentious move?) and it made me realize the dude is like a bubble.

Last edited by The Postmaster General; 02-10-2009 at 05:55 AM..
Old 02-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Pretty neat stuff. Good 1st Podcast. Love the amount of movie sounds you threw into the podcast. LOL'd at the Chachi Segment at the end. Cool to hear it's an ongoing segment.

If there's one thing the podcast could use for the future is a co-host. I think it could be even better if you were to get someone like maybe Mike Sampson or even Berge next time to play off of.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:47 PM
I think a co-host would make it more exciting and entertaining. It was a good job by Jim Law though.. I laughed a lot. Looking forward to the next one!
Old 02-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Thanks guys. We'll be adding guest appearances from the staff for sure in future episodes. A full time co-host might be difficult to nail down due to different schedules but we're going to try our hardest to spread the love throughout the site. I could fill an entire show just talking to Arrow about some of the stories he's told me but someone would end up getting arrested.

Come back Monday for episode two.

JL
Old 02-16-2009, 08:58 AM
JoBlo Podcast Episode 2!!!

Hey Schmoes!

It's round 2 in our venture into the podcast world!

DOWNLOAD PODCAST#2 HERE

Some of the topics include:
  • Jim Law's love of the Joaquin Phoenix debacle
  • The Golden Schmoes round up (Yep, The Dark Knight all over this bitch!)
  • His awful neighbor Chachi the Obese Nudist and his equally awful choice in movies (This week, House Bunny!)
  • His FAVORITE THREAD OF THE WEEK from the JoBlo.com forums found HERE!
  • News bits and much more!

PLEASE use this thread to post your thoughts on the topics of the show, to debate and discuss topics of the show and NOT to criticize or critique the host or the show itself.

Feel free to drop Jim Law a line at joblopodcast@joblo.com with any suggestions for a show topic or to tell him how handsome he sounds.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:03 AM
"She hid it enough to let me fall asleep again."

Ha. Nice commentary on the Academy Awards, Sir. A tip of the hat to you.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:18 AM
JoBlo Podcast #3

Hey Schmoes!

It's round 3 Schmoes! Did you enjoy the Oscars as much as we did (didn't)?

DOWNLOAD PODCAST#3 HERE

• Oscar talk Oscar talk and more Oscar talk!!!
  • Does Sean Penn hate his wife?
  • Jim Law's FAVORITE THREAD OF THE WEEK from the JoBlo.com forums found HERE. The Law loves Paradise Lost!

Last edited by Johnny Moreno; 03-02-2009 at 09:36 AM..
Old 02-27-2009, 01:01 PM
are these ever going to be available for download on Itunes? Like the Movie Show is??
Old 02-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
are these ever going to be available for download on Itunes? Like the Movie Show is??
Soon, I'm told. Very soon.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:48 AM
JoBlo Podcast #4

Hey Schmoes!

It's that time again for the fourth installment of the JoBlo Podcast! So how much do you think WATCHMEN will rake in at the Box Office this weekend?

DOWNLOAD PODCAST#4 HERE

• Jim Law goes over this weekends box office numbers. Madea...wait, what? Huh?
  • We're seriously pissed off about a potential Scream trilogy. Is it a continuation or remake???
  • Jim Law's FAVORITE THREAD OF THE WEEK from the JoBlo.com forums found HERE. "Movies you've grown out of."
  • Law answers YOUR emails!

Also, Law mentioned that with the supposed "resurgence" Mickey Rourke, he'd like to see Dennis Quaid and Kurt Russell get the same kind of attention and/or win a major award.

Who would YOU like to see get the same attention?

Old 03-02-2009, 10:06 AM
I agree with Jim Law about Dennis Quaid. I hope he gets a suitable "vehicle" soon. Vantage Point was shit.

I enjoyed the Scream trilogy. Hopefully any future installment isn't a remake. Continuation, why not?
Old 03-05-2009, 05:09 PM
I don't mind another Scream trilogy either, as long as its not a remake, because what would be the point?

I thought Vantage Point was "decent" but definitely not the role for Dennis Quaid.

I'd like to see Randy Quaid make a comeback now that we're talking about the Quaids.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:41 AM
JoBlo Podcast #5

Who watches the Watchmen? You do. And us too. And other people also.

DOWNLOAD PODCAST#5 HERE

In this episode:
  • Jim Law shows his love for Alan Alda
  • A look at the Weekend Box Office numbers where Watchmen rule
  • Is Nightmare on Elm Street remake a good idea? Jim Law doesn't mind, but do it the right way.
  • Law goes over his FAVORITE THREAD OF THE WEEK from the JoBlo.com forums found HERE. GREAT POSTER OR THE GREATEST POSTER?
  • Review summary of Watchmen

BTW, we are now on iTunes, so head over there and subscribe now!

Old 03-16-2009, 01:54 PM
JoBlo Podcast #6

DOWNLOAD PODCAST#6 HERE

In this episode:
  • A look at the Weekend Box Office numbers where Watchmen drops a big percentage
  • Review summaries for RACE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN and MISS MARCH
  • Yours truly shows up for a drunken discussion with Jim Law in THE GRILL. We discuss who will win an Oscar first (Bale, Depp, DiCaprio, Cruise), why I stole his Watchmen graphic novel, the perfect slice of pizza and beer goes with what movie? (your pizza sucks by the way) and who's hotter, Biel or Alba?

BTW, we are now on iTunes, so CLICK HERE to subscribe for free!

Old 03-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Thank you for this posting this installment. But damn, such anger, Moreno! (Kudos on the Revenge of the Nerds reference. Love that shit.)
Old 03-23-2009, 10:45 AM
JoBlo Podcast #7

I'm starting to rethink my life. It used to be Saturday nights were for drinking, fighting, and fucking. Now it's drinking, fighting, and fucking with Jim Law until his patience wanes and he tells me to go fuck myself. Hey, we can be Heroes, David Bowie-style.

DOWNLOAD PODCAST#7 HERE

In this episode:
  • Hoosiers love
  • Terry Crews in The Expendables? How about The Arrow?
  • William Peterson love
  • Pixar love
  • I categorize Bull Durham as a romantic comedy and not the best baseball movie ever made. Jim Law is flabbergasted by my stupidity.
  • And finally, an hour long heated conversation about our thread of the week (found HERE, the MARCH MADNESS OF HOTTIES!!!. Did we miss any? Not agree with ANY of our picks? Give us your seeds in the THREAD OF THE WEEK!!!

Last edited by Johnny Moreno; 03-23-2009 at 10:47 AM..
Old 03-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Hayden Panettiere has a theatrical release coming out soon called I Love You, Beth Cooper. Enjoy, Moreno.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:45 PM
Hell yeah. She might get a top 4 spot if this continues

Where's your picks yo?
Old 03-23-2009, 09:02 PM
As long as she gets off 'Heroes'. It makes me bleed in my brain.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Moreno View Post
Hell yeah. She might get a top 4 spot if this continues

Where's your picks yo?
Just posted 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Law View Post
As long as she gets off 'Heroes'. It makes me bleed in my brain.
That shouldn't be happening. Heh, I've gotten sick of it myself actually.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
Just posted 'em.

That shouldn't be happening. Heh, I've gotten sick of it myself actually.
Nice picks, Tweek. I wasn't sure about Megan Fox myself. Like I said in the podcast, something seems "mannish" about her, but she also looks like someone you could get fucked up with and she can still maintain. Which goes a long way in my book
Old 03-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Bull Durham is a baseball movie!! The love story doesn't kick in until the last 30 minutes. But you've got nothing but baseball up until then. I have no problem with it being called a romcom, but it's a sports flick first and foremost. Hell, it's probably the only sports movie that doesn't come down to the "last shot, final homerun," or "last second goal or touchdown."

And Alyssa Milano was in Pathology which is recent.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:10 AM
JoBlo Podcast #8!

Jim Law and I return for another blurry eyed installment of The Good, The Bad, and the JoBlo Movie Podcast.

DOWNLOAD PODCAST#8 HERE

In this episode:
  • Benicio Del Toro. Sean Penn. Jim Carrey. As the Stooges? One of us absolutely loves this.
  • Weekend Box Office. (spoiler) MONSTERS VS. ALIENS FTW!
  • Jimmy O mustache talk.
  • In the second week of the March Madness Hottie tournament, we discuss YOUR picks. Some we love, some we don't. Read yours' and others' picks HERE
  • It's the THREAD OF THE WEEK, with a sweet musical intro sent in by a listener. MOST UNDERRATED FLICK OF ALL TIME (found HERE. It gets heated, beware.)
  • Edward James Olmos and, by extension, James Earl Jones.

PLEASE use this thread to post your thoughts on the topics of the show, to debate and discuss topics of the show and NOT to criticize or critique the hosts or the show itself.

Feel free to drop Jim Law a line at joblopodcast@joblo.com with any suggestions for a show topic or to tell him how much his voice makes you swoon.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:38 AM
I don't hate Megan Fox.. she's hot and all, but Natlie Portman is just plain beautiful. There's a big difference.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbunn10 View Post
I don't hate Megan Fox.. she's hot and all, but Natlie Portman is just plain beautiful. There's a big difference.
Totally agree with you.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:07 AM
Just got around to listening to the 7th Podcast. Glad to see you both seemed to think so highly of Rosario Dawson like me too (She's on of my #1's) . I'm surprised you'd have her as a Cinderella story though.

I think Uma Thurman and Jennifer Aniston definitely make the cut. But I wouldn't have Cameron Diaz or Carmen Electra in, for me at least. Neither have done much for me, especially Diaz though.

And as for a thread to recommend, This one gave me a great laugh and is loaded with some hilarious posts, and brought you to think: Movies in Which Jeff Daniels Has Been Shot: http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65549

Last edited by drc5145; 04-01-2009 at 01:59 AM..
Old 04-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdtdcut5145 View Post
Just got around to listening to the 7th Podcast. Glad to see you both seemed to think so highly of Rosario Dawson like me too (She's on of my #1's) . I'm surprised you'd have her as a Cinderella story though.

I think Uma Thurman and Jennifer Aniston definitely make the cut. But I wouldn't have Cameron Diaz or Carmen Electra in, for me at least. Neither have done much for me, especially Diaz though.

And as for a thread to recommend, This one gave me a great laugh and is loaded with some hilarious posts, and brought you to think: Movies in Which Jeff Daniels Has Been Shot: http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65549
yeah, that's the thing, everyone has their preference with the ladies. and we definitely missed a couple here and there, but there are soooooo many hotties it's bound to happen.

I've been reading that thread too! good shite!
Old 04-01-2009, 07:19 PM
haha you guys destroyed Phillip Seymour Hoffman's name. Had me rolling.

I agree that Demi Moore shouldn't make it, her boobs are just nasty fake...and Elisha Cuthbert should get extra points for liking hockey.

I think most people think of an underrated movie as one that isn't respected or rated high enough by the majority.

Last edited by sbunn10; 04-03-2009 at 10:17 AM..
Old 04-02-2009, 06:05 PM
http://www.joblo.com/moviehotties/index.php?id=5250

I noticed you guys were unfamiliar with Susan Ward. Your sister site Movie Hotties had an awesome post of her pics. Not such a great career, but definitely her looks didn't hold her back.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:54 PM
I was mixing her up with Sela Ward. Moreno makes me drink too much.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:54 AM
Yeah, now I remember Susan Ward from Sunset Beach, the short lived daytime soap opera that someone in my house that is not me (I swear) used to watch.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:29 AM
JoBlo Podcast #9

Wow. Someone who doesn't have recollections of what happened the prior night should never have a microphone in their face.

DOWNLOAD PODCAST#9 HERE

In this episode:
  • Wolverine leaking online. Good or bad? Reporting it as "news", good or bad?
  • Weekend Box Office. (spoiler) Fast & Furious FTW!
  • ShoWest talk!
  • Drunk talk
  • We're looking to start some sort of HOTTIE FANTASY LEAGUE in conjunction with the baseball season. Any ideas? Let us know!

PLEASE use this thread to post your thoughts on the topics of the show, to debate and discuss topics of the show and NOT to criticize or critique the hosts or the show itself.

Feel free to drop Jim Law a line at joblopodcast@joblo.com with any suggestions for a show topic or to tell him how much his voice makes you swoon.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:33 PM
I think the idea for a hottie fantasy league would be cool as hell. The toughest thing would be finding the proper interface for such a thing. Obviously, it would be cool to have something with the functionality of the fantasy sports offered at ESPN.com and Yahoo.com. However, I don't think you could easily be able to mimic such complex sites. There are celeb gossip fantasy leagues out there, but I've never actually had the desire to check those out because they seem more meanspirited and aimed more at infamy than fame.

One site I would recomend looking at is HSX.com. I have been an active trader on their site for over 6 years now. They have Moviestocks that can be actively traded based on traders perception of the box office of future releases. They also have Starbonds that change in value based on their TAG (Trailing Average Gross), which is an average of the combined sums of the last 5 movies the actor/actress has been in. This of course wouldn't really be an accurate way of gauging the actresses success though. Just off the top of my head, the TAG is hurt massively by an actress who is also in independent/low budget movies and there is no way to accurately weight the value of an actress' appeal to the final box office figures.

I definitely think there should be value given to actresses success in the awards department so it doesn't just become a beauty pageant. Other things that are yearly judges of beauty that could be used as some sort of hottie-barometer are: Maxim's Hot 100, AskMen.com's Top 99 Women, Mr. Skin's Yearly Top 20 nude scenes, MTV Movie Award for Best Kiss.

One other tough thing would be drawing a line at the ages of actresses included. If you are too lenient over the minimum age, then it could get kinda strange for older schmoes that don't wanna feel like pervs. If you are too stringent, then you have teen idols who only become available when they turn a certain age and may already be considered uber-hot like when celebs like Emma Watson, Lindsay Lohan, and Natalie Portman turned 18.

Anyways, whoever is in charge of getting a capable site would have a lot of stuff to consider.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Moreno - I'm envious that you got to see all these upcoming movies and upcoming footage in Vegas.

And the Hottie Fantasy League:

Box Office success
-#1 at the weekend box office: 100 points
-5 points per $25 million the movie makes at box office ($100 million = 20 points, etc.)

-minus 10 points if movie doesn't make budget back

Hotness
-Nudity that actually shows breasts: 500 points
-Nudity that does not show breasts: minus 100 points (nobody likes a tease)
-Anything along the lines of a bikini, tank top, see through shirt: 100 points
-Winning the Best T&A at the Golden Schmoes: 500 points

Awards
-Oscar nomination: 50 points
-Oscar win: 50 points (on top of the 50 nomination points)
-Golden schmoe nomination: 25 points
-Golden schmoe win: 50 points
-Any other major nomination: 20 points
-Any other major win: 50 points

Last edited by bigred760; 04-09-2009 at 06:53 PM..
Old 04-10-2009, 06:20 PM
I like the idea bigred has.

What's I'm wondering is how you would pick your hotties? Would you just have a number of open slots and pick out of a pool? And would the picking process work like a football fantasy draft?
Old 04-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Do a draft. One at a time, everyone gets a number one, so on, so forth. When you get to the bottom work your way back up, that way the last guy in line gets two consecutive picks.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFlamingo View Post
Do a draft. One at a time, everyone gets a number one, so on, so forth. When you get to the bottom work your way back up, that way the last guy in line gets two consecutive picks.
That'll work. We keep picking til everyone involved gets the certain amount of hotties that is designated. After that . . . they can be traded, dropped, and picked up until a certain date (just before December/February when Oscar-bait movies come out?).
Old 04-13-2009, 12:14 PM
JoBlo Podcast X

By the time we get to Podcast #20, I hope to have chirrosis of the liver.

DOWNLOAD PODCAST#10 HERE

In this episode:
  • Easter Egg talk. No really!
  • More box office prediction bets that lead to nowhere. Again.
  • Billy Bob a douche? Or validated?
  • Drunk talk
  • Hugh Jackman pretty much rules.

If you guys are on SKYPE, let us know because we want to drunkenly interact with you and then promptly forget about talking to you or doing a podcast the next day.

Next week we will be tackling the HOTTIE DRAFT and nailing down a system. Heh, nailing. So if you have more ideas, write em down in here so we can put everything together. Great ideas so far!

And you can find the link to our RSS feed HERE.

Last edited by Johnny Moreno; 04-14-2009 at 10:46 PM..
Closed Thread