Old 05-13-2009, 01:23 AM
oh SINGERS, gotcha gotcha
Old 05-13-2009, 02:08 AM
by all of the time, I was talking about the pic of them on the streets.. I'm not like your cousins Moreno
Old 05-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Good job Sampson and cie!

Hey guys, just listened to the Mike Sampson Podcast, pretty damn funny as usual, dug it the most! You guys made me piss myself laughing.

Anyways, just wanted to give yall some props on the show - a good listen!

PS: That boxing ring shite at the Con was BS? Bummer...

PPS: I never said I'd fight Wee-Man, Moreno on the other hand...LETS GO! : )

PPPS: I wanna to go to Comic Con now

Peace!

Arrow
Old 05-13-2009, 02:19 PM
I should add...

- I've got Transformers 2 at #1, Harry Potter at #2 and Night of The Museum 2 at #3. I'm may be crazy but I've got Angels & Demons at #6. I think I fucked majorly up on Star Trek which I pegged at #7.

- I liked The Da Vinci Code so it's easy for me to get ready for Angels & Demons. It was a better book and I thought it felt like 24 mixed with DVC if that makes any sense.

- If anything, Lindsey deserves the love she gets. especially after making this thread http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129428

- I'd totally pay to see a fight between Moreno and The Arrow. Hell, make a 3-man fight with Wee Man for the hell of it
Old 05-13-2009, 02:20 PM
I'm also wondering (This question relates to everyone)...what are your music tastes. I haven't seen that be brought up in any podcast.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Law View Post
In no way, shape, or form were we comparing Lindsey to Tina Yudders. It was a reference to Tina's appearance on the JoBlo Movie Show last week and the way Arrow says her name on the last podcast.

Nothing but true (somewhat unnerving) love for Lindsay in these parts.
And very understandable love.

Quote:
Don't worry bigred, we'll get to one of your posts eventually. Just post some nude pictures of somebody twittering.
My posts are the last things I want you guys to discuss. I'm just saying spread the love to the other forums a bit.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drc5145 View Post
- I'd totally pay to see a fight between Moreno and The Arrow. Hell, make a 3-man fight with Wee Man for the hell of it
I'd pay. I'd pay cash to see that shit.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drc5145 View Post
I'm hoping this makes it into the next Joblo Movie Show.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:11 AM
JoBlo Podcast #15

DOWNLOAD PODCAST#15 HERE

In this episode:
  • After a few weeks of guests, we're back to square one. (Cue "Just the Two Of Us")
  • We missed Mother's Day last week, as we usually do in real life. Think you love your Mom? Listen to how my brother and I spend Mother's Day. (Hint: she's dead.) Do you guys do anything out of the ordinary for Mother's Day?
  • Thread of the Week! HERE "Get your user shit together, IMDb" by King of all Schmoes, BubbaStrangelove.
  • Theatrical and DVD Release Dates. Plus, if you're waiting for another impression from me, here it is.
  • We're calling out YOU, Lindsey. Yes, you.
  • Did you know there are 900 Wayans? And they all wrote and star in DANCE FLICK?
  • More Pixar talk from Jim Law. Hey Pixar, cut the guy a check, will ya?
  • We created a new segment called "SMARTER OR DUMBER?" for the show. And when I say "we" I mean "me" and I will take credit for it. This week, I'm smarter for seeing Rihanna nekkid. Jim Law is dumber for MEGA SHARK VS GIANT OCTOPUS. He loves Deborah Gibson though. Not Debbie, Deborah.

We just started this new segment, and we were hoping you guys could post your SMARTER or DUMBER picks of the week in this thread. What happened this week that made you smarter? Dumber? Throw it down here and we'll bring it up on the show.

If you guys are on SKYPE, let us know because we want to drunkenly interact with you and then promptly forget about talking to you or doing a podcast the next day.

Next week we will be tackling the HOTTIE DRAFT, so keep a pen and paper handy.

BTW, we are now on iTunes, so CLICK HERE to subscribe for free!

And you can find the link to our RSS feed HERE.

PLEASE use this thread to post your thoughts on the topics of the show, to debate and discuss topics of the show and NOT to criticize or critique the hosts or the show itself.

Feel free to drop Jim Law a line at joblopodcast@joblo.com with any suggestions for a show topic or to tell him how much his voice makes you swoon.

Thanks for listening to the THE GOOD, THE BAD, & THE JOBLO MOVIE PODCAST!!

Last edited by Johnny Moreno; 05-18-2009 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: drunk
Old 05-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Oh my god. How many times did you say "snatch"? haha

I disagree with you on Fanboys, Jim Law. I'm not a huge Star Wars fangirl and I loved the movie. I don't think one has to be a 'fanboy'/'fangirl' of the franchise to enjoy it.

The version of it that was released was the original storyline but with some of the reshot footage put in, if I recall correctly.

Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus: I paused the podcast so I could find the trailer. Many lulz. My favorite part was when the tentacle hit that plane. That shit looks fucking funny.

[is looking forward to the next JoBlo Movie Show ]
Old 05-21-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm dumber for inadvertently setting my DVR to spoil season finales for me.

Big up to God of War for making my avatar over in the Site Suggestions forum.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Okay, I didn't mean to sound like I was going to send dead kittens to your house. Gerbils . . . maybe, but not kittens. Having said that, thank you for not saying dogs since I did go to the same school as Michael Vick. Sorry for criticizing. But thanks for listening/reading anyway .

I think this was one of the funniest podcasts you guys have done: Moreno's Mother's Day "tradition," the song for "Dumber or Smarter" segment, and Jim Law's take on why he's dumber this week. Loved this podcast.

I also disagree with Jim Law about Fanboys; I don't think it was the greatest thing ever or anything, but I thought it was a fun movie. The inside jokes were great, it had me laughing through most of it, and I loved the cameos.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:09 AM
I don't hate FANBOYS. It's just that I went in expecting the perfect road trip / movie geek movie and came out feeling a little let down. I still recommended it though.

I did hate the Harry Knowles scene.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:59 AM
We all heard you say you hate Fanboys. Don't backpedal now.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Quote:
I did hate the Harry Knowles scene.
I'll give you that one.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:05 PM
I got to hearing it thusday. Hilarious

Let's hope Lindey actually considers being on the podcast and hopefully isn't feeling creeped out by you guys.

I had no idea you had an Army of Wayanses making Dance Flick...There's what, 9 in the making and Damon isn't even involved?

I'll say I feel Smarter for finally having go out to see the entire Mad Max Trilogy this week. 2 fantastic movies (Mad Max 1 & 2) and an alright one (3)

But I also brought that down and felt a bit Dumber for watching Twilight online on a boring day...Why I did that I don't even know...
Old 05-24-2009, 06:24 PM
I don't go to IMDB ever.. it's a piece of poo. RottenTomatoes is much better.

I think that the idea for a Joblo overall rating system is good, but I think that there should be a requirement for someone to have their rating count.. there should be a minimum number of posts before they are allowed to rate. It would cut down on the random people voting.

Last edited by sbunn10; 05-24-2009 at 06:32 PM..
Old 05-26-2009, 03:33 AM
Color me disappointed when I realized there was no podcast this week.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
Color me disappointed when I realized there was no podcast this week.
What are you talking about? They just "delayed" it a day, probably because of the holiday.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:19 AM
JoBlo Podcast #16

Fret not, young Tweek. For there's.....like....another podcast and stuff.

DOWNLOAD PODCAST#16 HERE

In this episode:
  • Senior News Editor for Arrow in the Head, Ammon Gilbert joins the podcast.
  • Ammon will be hosting his very own podcast for AITH called "Blood, Bullets and Broads." Know what it's about? Llamas.
  • Speaking of Llamas, we're currently obsessed with Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus starring DEBORAH Gibson and Lorenzo Lamas. The topic of last week's SMARTER or DUMBER segment is brought up again as we breakdown the cover art, see it HERE.
  • I take a steaming pile of shit all over TERMINATOR SALVATION. Know why? Because that's what it did to me.
  • A few of you mentioned Mike's constant sniffling during his appearance on the podcast. I isolated each one of his sniffs and it is played back here. Check it izzy!
  • Theatrical and DVD Release Dates. There ain't a whole lotta shit coming out, just a little movie called UP.
  • No mention of Lindsey this week. Shit. Does this count?
  • Jim Law, Host of the JoBlo Movie Podcast, doesn't want his 2 year old ruining UP when he goes to see it this week. Should he go by himself?
  • The "SMARTER OR DUMBER?" segment is back and guess what? (SPOILER) We're all smarter.

If you guys are on SKYPE, let us know because we want to drunkenly interact with you and then promptly forget about talking to you or doing a podcast the next day.

Next week the HOTTIE DRAFT kicks off the summer and we're in full swing, who will you choose?

PLEASE use this thread to post your thoughts on the topics of the show, to debate and discuss topics of the show and NOT to criticize or critique the hosts or the show itself.

Feel free to drop Jim Law a line at joblopodcast@joblo.com with any suggestions for a show topic or to tell him how much his voice makes you swoon.

Last edited by Johnny Moreno; 05-26-2009 at 09:26 AM.. Reason: still hammered
Old 05-26-2009, 12:02 PM
I just wanted to be the 100th reply, and say that Moreno makes me smarter.

Go see UP! Pixar rules, yo!
Old 05-26-2009, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
What are you talking about? They just "delayed" it a day, probably because of the holiday.
I see. Well now you can color me embarrassed!
Old 05-27-2009, 09:04 AM
I'm definately going to see UP... and probably Drag Me To Hell as well.

Just letting you guys know.. Mega Shark Vs Giant Octopus is Yahoo Movies' DVD pick of the week That's definately one of the most ridiculously awesome trailers I've ever witnessed.

Jim Law, I don't know how you deal with going to that stroller theater you go to.. that would drive me insane. I'd go to Up with your wife, leave the kid at home.. especially if he runs around like a maniac..

Last edited by sbunn10; 05-27-2009 at 09:09 AM..
Old 05-27-2009, 10:34 AM
It's decided - a Friday afternoon double feature with UP and DRAG ME TO HELL. The kids won't have any part of this.

Consider me stoked.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:31 PM
Quote:
It's decided - a Friday afternoon double feature with UP and DRAG ME TO HELL. The kids won't have any part of this.

Consider me stoked.
Hells yeah. I was lucky enough to see a screening of Up at 10am and Drag Me To Hell at 7:30pm yesterday...

BOTH were fantastic. Up is another great Pixar movie an it's up there with their best stuff I think. Drag Me To Hell surprised the hell out of me and not only did it work at being really funny, but it actually scared me a number of times. That hasn't happened to me with a horror movie in ages.

-I'd say see Up on your own the 1st time in 2D then bring the kids the 2nd go round and see it in 3D that time so you get something new in both viewings.

-Your kids will probably get nightmares from Drag Me to Hell.

- I'm SMARTER this week for getting my ass up very early and also running like no other to go see up and Drag Me To Hell. Very much worth the pain.

-I haven't become Dumber this week...yet...

Last edited by drc5145; 05-27-2009 at 10:38 PM..
Old 05-28-2009, 12:06 AM
Have you guys given up on the March Madness of Hotties thing? Or is that just on the back burner til it gets that time of year again?

I'm dumber this week because of Halo 3. Little 10 year olds kicking your ass and talking shit while doing it. Pisses me off like no other
Old 05-28-2009, 07:41 PM
Nope, we'll be talking about it this week.

And I HATE playing online with other people, I guess it's just not my thing. Although my brother and I play MLB 09 online and talk shit to each other as much as Law and I do.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:26 PM
I think it's awesome you guys came back a day later after Jim Law forgot to hit the record button the first time around.

Another great intro song for Amman Gilbert . . . very cool. The "Smarter or Dumber" one is still my favorite though. Followed by "I Fought Jim Law."

I'm dumber this week because of the recent Paris Hilton thread (in the Celebrity Gossip Forum) when she said she would "act" for Tarantino. I can't stand Paris Hilton.

I don't think Jessica Biel has the power to open her own movie, even if she does go topless. She's an okay actress, she's hot, but she's no Reese Witherspoon or Julia Roberts.

Another great podcast, guys!
Old 05-28-2009, 10:41 PM
I had to pause because I was laughing so much at Ammon's intro. It might rival Jim Law's.

Cuba Gooding Jr... I had to look him up on IMDb because I don't really follow the guy's work. Yeesh, and I thought Jerry Maguire was bad! (I really hate that movie.) He was in two things that I really enjoyed: As Good As It Gets, What Dreams May Come,

I'm dumber this week for trying to give Death Proof another view. (I await any boos and hisses.)

Well done, Sirs.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:10 PM
I think Cuba Gooding Jr.'s problems started when he tried to become the next Eddie Murphy. Coming out with stupid family comedies and trying to be the lead in movies, even though his Oscar was for Best Supporting Actor. His best roles have been in supporting parts: Jerry Maguire, Outbreak, As Good As It Gets and what was mentioned in the podcast: American Gangster.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:44 AM
-I almost spat out my coffee this morning, listening to the podcast, the part where we hear all of Mike's Sniffs from his appearance. I don't know why but I found it funny too.

-Medal to whoever made Ammon's intro

-I never really realized how much of a fluke Cuba Gooding Jr. was in winning that Oscar. I completely forgot Primal Fear came out that year so that REALLY hurts because Edward Norton is so damn good in that movie. How the fuck did that happen? Norton went on to do Fight Club and Incredible Hulk...Cuba went on to do...Daddy Day Camp...and straight to DVD shit.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:21 PM
Jim Law hated Up.

His quote to me, which I'm sure will be on the DVD cover, was....

"Up was my expectation. Down is my boner for Pixar. What a horseshit movie."--Jim Law
Old 05-31-2009, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Moreno View Post
Jim Law hated Up.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:24 PM
Please do not believe this lying, hate-filled, gun-wielding, evil co-host of mine. Have a listen tomorrow to get the real story. UP hates Moreno.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:27 PM
Me-ow!
Old 05-31-2009, 04:38 PM
Was about to say.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Moreno View Post
Jim Law hated Up.

His quote to me, which I'm sure will be on the DVD cover, was....

"Up was my expectation. Down is my boner for Pixar. What a horseshit movie."--Jim Law
Well Jim Law, you might wanna hate it if it'll get you on the dvd box.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:24 AM
JoBlo Podcast #17

Hey, it's the 17th episode of The Good, The Bad, and The JoBlo Movie podcast, know what that means? It means we did 16 before this.

DOWNLOAD PODCAST#17 HERE

In this episode:
  • Since we sometimes record the podcast on Sundays, we sometimes do a Box Office segment. This leads to a new production piece that will have the ladies creamin' in their underoos.
  • We got some new...ruh-leas-es (new....ruh-lease) fuck yeah!
  • Jim Law recently discovered the wonders of Blu-ray. Later, he discovered the wonders of the internal combustion engine and ditched his horse drawn wagon.
  • I make an ill informed bet on what will be number 1 at the box office based on nothing but......well, nothing.
  • Our joint review on UP and Jim Law puts his kids in a play pen full of popcorn as he and the wifey check out a double feature including DRAG ME TO HELL
  • Finally, our love of Mega Shark vs. Lorenzo Lamas comes to a head as we painstakingly break down the story, the effects and the Razzie-worth performances. Also, some choice soundbites from the flick!(SPOILER) Lorenzo Lamas will fuck you up.

The HOTTIE DRAFT is in full effect, I got mine, Jim Law has his, who do you got?

Old 06-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Awesome podcast. Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus stuff was freaking hilarious.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:28 PM
I know what you're talking about Jim Law, and the same happened for me with Braveheart. I have given 10's out immediately following a first viewing... only for a few movies though.. like Reservoir Dogs, the Shawshank Redemption, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and a few others.

The dvd cover conversation was hilarious. and I HAVE to watch Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus.
Closed Thread