#1  
Old 04-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Jenny McCarthy is a child killer

She's been going around promoting books and shit of hers about how she 'cured' her son of autism and 'saw first hand' how he regressed after getting vaccines for diseases like rubella, measels, etc.

For those who don't know she's become the mouthpiece for the new conspiracy theory with parents that believes vaccinations trigger autism. Now even though there have been many studies that say vaccinations and, more specifically, the mercury based part of the vaccinations that parents claim triggers the autism actually doesn't do anything (which has been proven AGAIN) she continues to claim that her son was cured of autism (doesn't happen) and that the vaccines are part of the cause for so many new diagnoses of autism. You can watch her spout off some crazy here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGW4a96GqGc

So what's been happening now that she's been going on TV and being given a public forum with barely any opposition to her viewpoints? Well...

Quote:
A rising number of California parents are choosing to send their children to kindergarten without routine vaccinations, putting hundreds of elementary schools in the state at risk for outbreaks of childhood diseases eradicated in the U.S. years ago.

Exemptions from vaccines -- which allow children to enroll in public and private schools without state-mandated shots -- have more than doubled since 1997, according to a Times analysis of state data obtained last week.

At Ocean Charter School in Del Rey, near Marina del Rey, 40% of kindergartners entering school last fall and 58% entering the previous year were exempted from vaccines, the highest rates in the Los Angeles Unified School District.
I'm only doing the lengthy explanation to show why she's such a terrible person. There's been higher numbers of children getting infected with things like measels now, and a good amount of incidents where children are dying from preventable diseases thanks to their parents freaking out over the vaccinations. Since she's really the only person spreading this out everywhere she shares the blame in this. Everyone hate on Jenny McCarthy in this thread please.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-05-2009, 10:59 PM
oh yeah, Jenny Mcarthy is the cause of all the outbreaks.

This thread is just made for the sole purpose of getting a rise out of somebody.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Has she been saying 'cure'? I hear her saying "recover". That is not impossible.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-05-2009, 11:07 PM
What wonderful news this is.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-05-2009, 11:19 PM
"Child killer" is a bit extreme, but "irresponsible dimwit" would cover it quite nicely.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdraven View Post
oh yeah, Jenny Mcarthy is the cause of all the outbreaks.

This thread is just made for the sole purpose of getting a rise out of somebody.
If it was just to get a rise I wouldn't have posted anything but the thread title. She's the only visible mouthpiece for this 'movement' going on, she's feeding parents these lies and making them put the lives of their kids in danger over a conspiracy theory. In that video I posted her response to the fact that there's lots of studies proving her wrong is that pharmaceutical companies want a big profit so they lie which is on the same level as 9/11 truthers saying any writing debunking them is in cahoots with the enemy. I do think that as the only real major figure out there promoting this anti-vaccine makes her bear some responsibility for the unnecessary harm these kids are getting.

Also let me point out that before her autism crusade she believed that her son was an 'indigo child.' What exactly is an indigo child? Well it's a kid that's supposed to represent the next plane of evolution, and that the name comes from the colour of the aura surrounding them. It's also believed that indigo children have powers like mind reading too. She's a loon and people are letting her speak freely on TV/radio/etc without anyone calling her out on it.

Last edited by someguy; 04-05-2009 at 11:47 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-05-2009, 11:48 PM
I'd fuck her, but I wouldn't have a kid with her...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-05-2009, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post

Also let me point out that before her autism crusade she believed that her son was an 'indigo child.' What exactly is an indigo child? Well it's a kid that's supposed to represent the next plane of evolution, and that the name comes from the colour of the aura surrounding them. It's also believed that indigo children have powers like mind reading too. She's a loon and people are letting her speak freely on TV/radio/etc without anyone calling her out on it.
:-\Yeesh. Is autism really that difficult of a concept to grasp? It's difficult to cope with, yes. It's tough seeing a loved one with this affliction (I can't imagine what having it would be like) but that's just bizarre.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-06-2009, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFlamingo View Post
I'd fuck her, but I wouldn't have a kid with her...
You do know that someone having one autistic child doesn't mean all of their children will be autistic, right? Not that it's too likely you'll be fucking her...I was just saying this in general terms.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-06-2009, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
You do know that someone having one autistic child doesn't mean all of their children will be autistic, right? Not that it's too likely you'll be fucking her...I was just saying this in general terms.
No, it's the refusal to give my kid vaccinations, not that he/she will be autistic.

As for your "not too likely" comment, well, you'll have to wait and see...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-06-2009, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFlamingo View Post
No, it's the refusal to give my kid vaccinations, not that he/she will be autistic.
I see. My apologies for misunderstanding.

Quote:
As for your "not too likely" comment, well, you'll have to wait and see...
Anything is possible. I'll take Jim Carrey off her hands for you, then. haha.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-06-2009, 12:23 AM
Well if she really is a child killer,
then I'm glad that she wasn't around me back when I was child.
Cuz then I wouldn't be here,
just chillin' & commiseratin' wit' all of my fellow JoBlo'ers.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-06-2009, 01:39 PM
It sounds like Jenny McCarthy is being SINGLED OUT!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-06-2009, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countchocula View Post
It sounds like Jenny McCarthy is being SINGLED OUT!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-06-2009, 05:09 PM
The world at large cares as much about these kids as it does provocative internet thread titles.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-07-2009, 01:05 AM
The "theory" that vaccinations cause Autism is nothing new. This theory came out in the late '90s. Now there's some evidence to support the opposite. I don't know what the truth is either way, but I do know how difficult it is to have a family member with autism. My nephew is autistic and I witnessed his regression first hand, right around the time he got his second batch of vaccinations. If I ever have children, vaccinations will not be automatic. Some serious consideration, research and reflection will take place before making any final decision.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-07-2009, 01:46 AM
I'm assuming that along with stopping vaccinations in her kid, he's also undergoing extensive rehabilitative treatment.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFlamingo View Post
I'd fuck her, but I wouldn't have a kid with her...
Bicycling accident?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-07-2009, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe15 View Post
The "theory" that vaccinations cause Autism is nothing new. This theory came out in the late '90s. Now there's some evidence to support the opposite. I don't know what the truth is either way, but I do know how difficult it is to have a family member with autism. My nephew is autistic and I witnessed his regression first hand, right around the time he got his second batch of vaccinations. If I ever have children, vaccinations will not be automatic. Some serious consideration, research and reflection will take place before making any final decision.
The theory is based on extremely limited and biased 'research'...and it's also worth noting that the researcher patented a rival vaccine roughly the same time he released his findings to the public. If I remember correctly the findings were directly related to a group of just ten children or so...which automatically defuncts the whole study in my eyes. There have also been a number of claims that his notes and results were completely manipulated from the get-go.

There have been several recent studies that have found no connection whatsoever between autism and the MMR jab...and these studies have been much more controlled and have covered thousands of cases...as opposed to just a paltry handful. But it's true that autistic tendencies can become more obvious at the age when a child is meant to receive the jab...and maybe this is why the connection was originally made.

The fact of the matter is that we need at least 95% of children receiving these vaccinations in order to eradicate these killer and wholly avoidable diseases. When my son had his 13 month jabs I was informed by my GP that there are currently only about 85% of children in the UK receiving the MMR vaccine and the percentage has barely risen above that since this 90's 'research' came to light. Kids have actually died from measles in recent years...I find that totally fucked up.

I hold parents entirely responsible. If they actually did a little research beyond the tabloids and the ill-informed, shit-spouting zelebs then they would discover that they are just victims of scaremongering and plain old misinformation.

Jenny McCarthy is obviously an idiot. But it's the parents who eat this shit up without question that are really to blame.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaStrangelove View Post
Bicycling accident?
I said WOULDN'T, not COULDN'T.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-08-2009, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFlamingo View Post
I said WOULDN'T, not COULDN'T.

I was joking around.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-08-2009, 02:29 AM
Well you SHOULDN'T.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-08-2009, 04:02 AM
Just for the record, I've never been able to stand her. That whole "Model Who Farts A Lot" act always made me queasy and, frankly, she's not all that terribly hot. You could make a case that she paved the way for Heidi Montag, what with the vaguely presentable square jawed face, cartoonish implants and general vacuity.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-14-2009, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post
The theory is based on extremely limited and biased 'research'...and it's also worth noting that the researcher patented a rival vaccine roughly the same time he released his findings to the public. If I remember correctly the findings were directly related to a group of just ten children or so...which automatically defuncts the whole study in my eyes. There have also been a number of claims that his notes and results were completely manipulated from the get-go.

There have been several recent studies that have found no connection whatsoever between autism and the MMR jab...and these studies have been much more controlled and have covered thousands of cases...as opposed to just a paltry handful. But it's true that autistic tendencies can become more obvious at the age when a child is meant to receive the jab...and maybe this is why the connection was originally made.

The fact of the matter is that we need at least 95% of children receiving these vaccinations in order to eradicate these killer and wholly avoidable diseases. When my son had his 13 month jabs I was informed by my GP that there are currently only about 85% of children in the UK receiving the MMR vaccine and the percentage has barely risen above that since this 90's 'research' came to light. Kids have actually died from measles in recent years...I find that totally fucked up.

I hold parents entirely responsible. If they actually did a little research beyond the tabloids and the ill-informed, shit-spouting zelebs then they would discover that they are just victims of scaremongering and plain old misinformation.

Jenny McCarthy is obviously an idiot. But it's the parents who eat this shit up without question that are really to blame.
Until you know the pain and frustration of having a loved one that has been stricken with this condition and unless you have experienced the desperation that parents feel when the so called experts don't have any answers for you, I suggest you tone down your self righteous soap-boxing a tad. It's not just parents who were led astray by "biased research." Most parents do their best to love and take care of their child and because they have no answers, they cling to whatever hope or answer they can find, no matter how absurd or far-fetched it might seem. I hope you and your child are spared this type of travesty in your life. But if you're not, I'm sure you'll be singing a different tune.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe15 View Post
Until you know the pain and frustration of having a loved one that has been stricken with this condition and unless you have experienced the desperation that parents feel when the so called experts don't have any answers for you, I suggest you tone down your self righteous soap-boxing a tad. It's not just parents who were led astray by "biased research." Most parents do their best to love and take care of their child and because they have no answers, they cling to whatever hope or answer they can find, no matter how absurd or far-fetched it might seem. I hope you and your child are spared this type of travesty in your life. But if you're not, I'm sure you'll be singing a different tune.
Wow...

I've got a loved one with low functioning autism (sister) and my 'tune' is somewhere around BCV's.

I can understand why people would hold onto this line of thinking though. It's a mysterious and fucked up condition. :-\ I just don't think we have all the answers at this point...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaStrangelove View Post
I was joking around.
If it helps you out, I thought it was fucking hilarious.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombievictim View Post
If it helps you out, I thought it was fucking hilarious.
Me, too. Actually, JJFlamingo is a cool guy except when jokes are made about his masculinity.

That's why he makes me so hard.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-15-2009, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe15 View Post
Until you know the pain and frustration of having a loved one that has been stricken with this condition and unless you have experienced the desperation that parents feel when the so called experts don't have any answers for you, I suggest you tone down your self righteous soap-boxing a tad. It's not just parents who were led astray by "biased research." Most parents do their best to love and take care of their child and because they have no answers, they cling to whatever hope or answer they can find, no matter how absurd or far-fetched it might seem. I hope you and your child are spared this type of travesty in your life. But if you're not, I'm sure you'll be singing a different tune.
I'm sorry but what the Dickens are you talking about? I'm 'soap-boxing' because I'm pointing out the fact that there are huge gaping holes in a 10 year old study by a guy who patented a RIVAL vaccine?

Where did I mention that autism isn't a challenging and frustrating condition? Where did I slight parents 'looking for answers'?

Parents of autistic children who are citing the MMR jab as the root cause of their child's condition aren't clinging on to a hope or an answer...they are channeling blame and influencing the decisions of others.

My real problem lies with the parents who are rejecting this vaccine for fear of their child DEVELOPING autism - based on hearsay, misinformation and a lack of research. They are endangering their child and millions of others and leaving them open to dangerous and deadly diseases such as measles and mumps - diseases that are entirely avoidable might I add. There's already a small percentage of children unable to be immunised for various reasons (medical reasons, body rejects the jab) so it's absolutely crucial that other children are receiving the MMR and we are on course to eradicate the aforementioned diseases.

You mention that you hope I never deal with this travesty, but the bigger travesty to me is the child who never reaches the age where the jab is due to be issued because they are killed by measles...or a non-immunised child left permanently deaf due to mumps. Two wholly avoidable scenarios that only exist because people are not doing their research, or they are listening to Jenny fucking McCarthy...who knows?

If my son develops autism then it won't be down to the MMR jab. It's no coincidence that he is due to be immunised next week and in the past month his personality has flourished and developed much more than I ever anticipated. If he had autistic tendencies then I'm pretty certain that this would be the time I would start to recognise them.

Now was that self righteous enough for you?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-19-2009, 09:26 AM
Clearly, parents who blame autism on vaccines do not want to admit that they are responsible for their children turning autistic. It's much easier to say that it's the "mercury" or some other chemical than the fact that they neglected their child. Anybody with common sense can see the dynamics at play here, in Jenny McCarthy's situation.

I recommend "The Empty Fortress" by Bruno Bettelheim. It gives a lot of insight about how autism depends on the caregivers relationship with the neonates.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post
If it was just to get a rise I wouldn't have posted anything but the thread title. She's the only visible mouthpiece for this 'movement' going on, she's feeding parents these lies and making them put the lives of their kids in danger over a conspiracy theory. In that video I posted her response to the fact that there's lots of studies proving her wrong is that pharmaceutical companies want a big profit so they lie which is on the same level as 9/11 truthers saying any writing debunking them is in cahoots with the enemy. I do think that as the only real major figure out there promoting this anti-vaccine makes her bear some responsibility for the unnecessary harm these kids are getting.

Also let me point out that before her autism crusade she believed that her son was an 'indigo child.' What exactly is an indigo child? Well it's a kid that's supposed to represent the next plane of evolution, and that the name comes from the colour of the aura surrounding them. It's also believed that indigo children have powers like mind reading too. She's a loon and people are letting her speak freely on TV/radio/etc without anyone calling her out on it.

A fucking Indigo Child. How cool would that have been? The disapountment she must have felt when she discovered it was a mental disability. I can see how you could confuse the next step in human evolution for someone with autism, if maybe Idiocracy is in fact becoming a reality.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-21-2009, 02:19 PM
I never liked Jenny McCarthy, but she is like most parents and want someone or something to blame for the problems her child has. To me, the truth is no one knows anything about the human body or what a drug can do. Something that works fine for me, might kill you. Doctors don't have a clue.

Having so many drugs pumped into such a young baby in such a short period of time might have a negative effect on that child, but this is a very small percentage. Parents do have the option of spacing out the shots, but are too lazy to make more trips to the doctor and too cheap to pay the co pays. I do not agree the parents should blame the drug companies. The percentage is very low of kids who might be effected from these shots and the good the shots do are worth the risk. It is also note worthy that autism was misdiagnosed for decades, so it is very hard back up all the claims these people make about the rise being so dramatic in recent years.

With that all said, I feel really bad about anyone who has a mentally handicapped or autistic child. I pray that I never have to deal with such a things not because for me, but for fear of what will happen to my child if I were to die first. As for Jenny, isn't her time for being famous up yet? She really does not have much talent and her looks have to be going by now.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 04-23-2009, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post
I'm sorry but what the Dickens are you talking about? I'm 'soap-boxing' because I'm pointing out the fact that there are huge gaping holes in a 10 year old study by a guy who patented a RIVAL vaccine?

Where did I mention that autism isn't a challenging and frustrating condition? Where did I slight parents 'looking for answers'?

Parents of autistic children who are citing the MMR jab as the root cause of their child's condition aren't clinging on to a hope or an answer...they are channeling blame and influencing the decisions of others.

My real problem lies with the parents who are rejecting this vaccine for fear of their child DEVELOPING autism - based on hearsay, misinformation and a lack of research. They are endangering their child and millions of others and leaving them open to dangerous and deadly diseases such as measles and mumps - diseases that are entirely avoidable might I add. There's already a small percentage of children unable to be immunised for various reasons (medical reasons, body rejects the jab) so it's absolutely crucial that other children are receiving the MMR and we are on course to eradicate the aforementioned diseases.

You mention that you hope I never deal with this travesty, but the bigger travesty to me is the child who never reaches the age where the jab is due to be issued because they are killed by measles...or a non-immunised child left permanently deaf due to mumps. Two wholly avoidable scenarios that only exist because people are not doing their research, or they are listening to Jenny fucking McCarthy...who knows?

If my son develops autism then it won't be down to the MMR jab. It's no coincidence that he is due to be immunised next week and in the past month his personality has flourished and developed much more than I ever anticipated. If he had autistic tendencies then I'm pretty certain that this would be the time I would start to recognise them.

Now was that self righteous enough for you?
I like how new moms think they know everything because they have google. I'm sorry to break it to you but you don't. Not even professionals that have been studying these cases for their entire careers know everything, especially not the causes of this condition. I recently read an commentary Jim Carey wrote for the Huffington Post talking about Autism. Kind of interesting, you might want to read it. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jim-ca..._b_189777.html Look, I'm not saying that you're wrong or that I'm right. If you read my original post I said that there was "evidence to support the opposite" of the original opinion. And that dude that you said had suggested that these vaccines were the cause of autism is not the only one that has profited from vaccines, lets be clear. My only issue with your statement is that you seemed to look down on parents that were concerned about the health of their child. You pretty much said they were stupid. That's a bit of a reach, if you ask me, and very insulting. Some of them are stupid, I guess. But there are others, the ones that inject large doses of toxins into their child's body simply because some people say it's a good idea, without questioning it...some of them are stupid too. My point is that there is not enough evidence to convince me either way. Jim Carey in his article said, "not everybody that smokes gets cancer but some do." Maybe some children can't handle all the vaccines at the same time. Maybe some need a little more development before vaccination. Who really knows for sure? Anyhoo, If and when I have children, I will think about this long and hard before making a decision. They are my children and I will do my best to protect their well being, just like you would do for yours. You do your best for your children and I'll do my best for mine and that's all there is to it. See how that works? I'm not the most brilliant in the world but I'm far from stupid, no matter how much you might think I am.

And by the way, it was not self righteous enough for me. I thought you'd really come back with something bigger and better than what you originally wrote. But it's no biggie. The only failure is in not trying.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe15 View Post
I like how new moms think they know everything because they have google. I'm sorry to break it to you but you don't. Not even professionals that have been studying these cases for their entire careers know everything, especially not the causes of this condition. I recently read an commentary Jim Carey wrote for the Huffington Post talking about Autism. Kind of interesting, you might want to read it. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jim-ca..._b_189777.html Look, I'm not saying that you're wrong or that I'm right. If you read my original post I said that there was "evidence to support the opposite" of the original opinion. And that dude that you said had suggested that these vaccines were the cause of autism is not the only one that has profited from vaccines, lets be clear. My only issue with your statement is that you seemed to look down on parents that were concerned about the health of their child. You pretty much said they were stupid. That's a bit of a reach, if you ask me, and very insulting. Some of them are stupid, I guess. But there are others, the ones that inject large doses of toxins into their child's body simply because some people say it's a good idea, without questioning it...some of them are stupid too. My point is that there is not enough evidence to convince me either way. Jim Carey in his article said, "not everybody that smokes gets cancer but some do." Maybe some children can't handle all the vaccines at the same time. Maybe some need a little more development before vaccination. Who really knows for sure? Anyhoo, If and when I have children, I will think about this long and hard before making a decision. They are my children and I will do my best to protect their well being, just like you would do for yours. You do your best for your children and I'll do my best for mine and that's all there is to it. See how that works? I'm not the most brilliant in the world but I'm far from stupid, no matter how much you might think I am.

And by the way, it was not self righteous enough for me. I thought you'd really come back with something bigger and better than what you originally wrote. But it's no biggie. The only failure is in not trying.
You know nothing about me. I've spoken to SEVERAL medical professionals about the vaccines, read official study notes and various other literature...and yes, I've even used Google.

I'm not a new 'Mom' who claims to know it all but this link between autism and immunisations has no basis in credible research.

Parents who shun these jabs haven't done the appropriate research in my opinion. At no point did I suggest they were stupid.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post
You know nothing about me. I've spoken to SEVERAL medical professionals about the vaccines, read official study notes and various other literature...and yes, I've even used Google.

I'm not a new 'Mom' who claims to know it all but this link between autism and immunisations has no basis in credible research.

Parents who shun these jabs haven't done the appropriate research in my opinion. At no point did I suggest they were stupid.
And you know nothing about me or those parents who question the necessity and/or administration of these vaccines. You assume they haven't done the "appropriate research." Jim Carey and Jenny McCarthy have more and better resources at their disposal than you or I will ever have and they are not convinced. And neither of them strike me as any more stupid than the average person. I'm not saying that because they have money they're right. I'm just saying that I'm sure that they've spoken to "several" medical professionals too and have read a bunch of "official study notes." But fine, you're convinced? Good for you. I hope that helps you sleep well at night. I'm not and neither are millions of parents around the world. And you may have not said they were stupid but your whole post reeked of condescension. That's what I had a issue with, not your opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-23-2009, 08:35 PM
Jenny McCarthy's entire basis for her ranting and raving is from anecdotal evidence of her son being 'cured' because he didn't eat gluten or some shit. Her and Jim Carrey have repeatedly shown their dislike for doctors and say that they are poisoning children to get a profit because the vaccine business is now 'huge.' Of course we can not think about the fact that everyone else in the world doesn't have a problem with these vaccines, many corporations and companies have had their products approved in the states but rejected in other countries (see Monsanto's injection for cows that was approved in America despite causing cancer, it was rejected in other countries because of the health risks). You claim that she must have seen some professionals when she goes on and on about how she just "knew" that her son was regressing after the shots which is total bullshit. I'm sure she noticed his regression after the fact when going into her memories and finding anything to cling on for why her son has autism. It's been proven many times that these vaccines don't trigger autism, all we have are paranoid parents looking for anything to direct their feelings at.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-23-2009, 08:37 PM
I've never read a BCV post that "reeks of condescension".

I don't understand why you are challenging her to make you change your mind with a superior argument. She has a child, she has done the research to ensure her child is safe, and she simply pointed out that she was satisfied that her decision as a parent was informed.

Why bother trying to provoke an argument?

Also, if her post does "reek of condescension" but you have no problem with her opinion, that is an oxymoron because - reek or no reek - it is still her opinion.

So ask yourself: why are you selectively picking on BCV's post and not some of the others? Is it because you don't like the tone of her post? Or is it because you called out someone with superior debating skills and they schooled you for being making too many crass assumptions?

And what the hell is the point in your Jim and Jenny story? Are you claiming that Hollywood stars are privy to some secret scientific/medical data that the rest of the world cannot gain access to? That their status allows them to bypass drug trials and research so they can procreate a perfect race of toothy smiles and photo ops?

Money cannot give you access to the possibilities of the human genome any more than babies with a paperclip and an elastic band can rob Fort Knox.

Buy a ladder. Get over yourself.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-24-2009, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe15 View Post
Jim Carey and Jenny McCarthy have more and better resources at their disposal than you or I will ever have and they are not convinced. And neither of them strike me as any more stupid than the average person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe15 View Post
I'm not saying that because they have money they're right.
Yes, yes you are.



We all know Carey and McCarthy are multi-millionaires, but please tell me exactly what resources they have at their disposal that we don't.

There's no information on autism out there that they have exclusive access to. The only possible leg up they could have on any of us would be if they financed their own private research on the issue, and as anyone with a semblance of knowledge about medical research knows, financing enough medical research to find the cause of autism would cost way, way more than what McCarthy and Carey have, combined. So really, what can they know that we can't?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-24-2009, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post
Jenny McCarthy's entire basis for her ranting and raving is from anecdotal evidence of her son being 'cured' because he didn't eat gluten or some shit. Her and Jim Carrey have repeatedly shown their dislike for doctors and say that they are poisoning children to get a profit because the vaccine business is now 'huge.' Of course we can not think about the fact that everyone else in the world doesn't have a problem with these vaccines, many corporations and companies have had their products approved in the states but rejected in other countries (see Monsanto's injection for cows that was approved in America despite causing cancer, it was rejected in other countries because of the health risks). You claim that she must have seen some professionals when she goes on and on about how she just "knew" that her son was regressing after the shots which is total bullshit. I'm sure she noticed his regression after the fact when going into her memories and finding anything to cling on for why her son has autism. It's been proven many times that these vaccines don't trigger autism, all we have are paranoid parents looking for anything to direct their feelings at.
You've obviously not followed the conversation up to this point. I pretty much already mentioned the first half or so of your post and provided a link where Jim Carey writes about some of the things you talk about. And I didn't CLAIM anything. BCV stated that she had seen "several professionals" and that means that she HAS done the "appropriate research" and parents that are not convinced HAVE NOT. And all I said was that JM and JC have more resources at their disposal for their children than BCV or I could ever dream of having for ours. But I never claimed to know exactly what they've done or not done. The first reaction of any concerned parent, is to consult a doctor when symptoms start to become problematic. And I also assume that the doctors they consulted were the best of the best. And as far as anecdotal evidence is concerned, that's how it starts, homie. Parents that take care of their child every day, all day, notice even the slightest change in regression or progress in their child's behavior. When you have millions of parents from around the world telling their stories about how they noticed certain things in their child's behavior and all these parents can relate and sympathize with each other, there's something there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigh Kaufman View Post
I've never read a BCV post that "reeks of condescension".

I don't understand why you are challenging her to make you change your mind with a superior argument. She has a child, she has done the research to ensure her child is safe, and she simply pointed out that she was satisfied that her decision as a parent was informed.

Why bother trying to provoke an argument?

Also, if her post does "reek of condescension" but you have no problem with her opinion, that is an oxymoron because - reek or no reek - it is still her opinion.

So ask yourself: why are you selectively picking on BCV's post and not some of the others? Is it because you don't like the tone of her post? Or is it because you called out someone with superior debating skills and they schooled you for being making too many crass assumptions?

And what the hell is the point in your Jim and Jenny story? Are you claiming that Hollywood stars are privy to some secret scientific/medical data that the rest of the world cannot gain access to? That their status allows them to bypass drug trials and research so they can procreate a perfect race of toothy smiles and photo ops?

Money cannot give you access to the possibilities of the human genome any more than babies with a paperclip and an elastic band can rob Fort Knox.

Buy a ladder. Get over yourself.
I really don't know where this post is coming from and all I can say is what I told the dude above you, "you've obviously not followed the conversation." But ok, here goes.

1. You haven't read a BCV that "reeked of condescension?" Ok, well I have.
2. I assume your sentence was supposed to say, "make HER change her mind," otherwise it doesn't make sense. My aim was not to change her mind and I never challenged her at all. If you scroll up to the top of the page, she's the one that challenged me and my post. She's the one stating that she blames parents that don't do the "appropriate research" like she's some kind of expert. How does she know these parents and what they've done? She has no idea of what these parents go through. And great, she has a child. Good for her. But she doesn't have a child with Autism so she doesn't know first had what they go through. She's assuming that these parents either don't care or are too stupid to acknowledge that they are wrong because they don't agree with her. Not only is that extremely insulting but also condescending.
3. I'm not provoking an argument. I stated my opinion before she came in and provoked me with her statement. I've never been part of arguments or have been one to be inflammatory on Joblo. The only thing I've ever said that could be considered inflammatory is when I randomly and for no reason post in Tom Cruise threads things like, "motherfuck Tom Cruise!" Most people just ignore that and take it as a joke because that is in fact what it is. So I don't think I have a reputation for provoking anything around here.
4. Yes it is her opinion. And my opinion is my opinion. And your opinion is your opinion. And the Pope's opinion is his opinion. What's your point? I stated that I have no problem with her opinion but her tone. She was insulting and condescending with her posts and I pointed it out. She claims to know the "real" answer to this whole autism mess because she did the "appropriate research" and the millions of parents around the world are a bunch of fuckwads that couldn't find the truth with two hands and a flashlight. Ok, she didn't say that but it was implied.
5. I replied to her post when she replied to mine. I don't think you're stupid enough to miss that one. On the other hand, I have been known to be wrong quite frequently.
6. The Jim Carey story has to do with two things:
a. The Thread is about Jenny FUCKING McCarthy. And as you know, Jenny and Jim Carey are dating and he's supported her with the problems she's had with her child who has Autism.
b. He also wrote a piece for the Huffington post about Autism and the recent developments that have been going on. Please also see 2nd and 3rd sentences of (5.) above.

Seriously dude, you might want to get checked yourself. You're implying all sorts of things that not only did I not imply but I very clearly stated what my reasoning was. I said that "because they're rich, doesn't make them right." I said this because BCV said that in her "appropriate research" conducted, shes consulted "SEVERAL professionals," read "study notes and other literature," and used google. All I was trying to point out is that Jim Carey and Jenny McCarthy have tons of money and can afford the extensive treatment and research needed to help their child. My guess is that BCV doesn't have the coin that they do and probably can't afford the "medical professionals" that they can, and neither can I. I really don't understand what is unclear about this. Oh, and I'm pretty sure they google too.

Human genome and Fort Knox? To borrow a BCV phrase, "what the Dickens are you talking about?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicochetShaw View Post
Yes, yes you are.

We all know Carey and McCarthy are multi-millionaires, but please tell me exactly what resources they have at their disposal that we don't.

There's no information on autism out there that they have exclusive access to. The only possible leg up they could have on any of us would be if they financed their own private research on the issue, and as anyone with a semblance of knowledge about medical research knows, financing enough medical research to find the cause of autism would cost way, way more than what McCarthy and Carey have, combined. So really, what can they know that we can't?
No, no I'm not. Please read the (6.) of the above section.


BCV didn't really strike me as the type to need 4 other people to come to her rescue. Better debating skills? "My dick wants to laugh."

Last edited by eljefe15; 04-24-2009 at 02:07 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe15 View Post
No, no I'm not. Please read the (6.) of the above section.

Answer my question please.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicochetShaw View Post
Answer my question please.
"I said that "because they're rich, doesn't make them right." I said this because BCV said that in her "appropriate research" conducted, shes consulted "SEVERAL professionals," read "study notes and other literature," and used google. All I was trying to point out is that Jim Carey and Jenny McCarthy have tons of money and can afford the extensive treatment and research needed to help their child. My guess is that BCV doesn't have the coin that they do and probably can't afford the "medical professionals" that they can, and neither can I. I really don't understand what is unclear about this. Oh, and I'm pretty sure they google too."

All you had to do was scroll up.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-24-2009, 02:34 PM
He can't. He thinks we all learnt about autism by reading The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time and watching Rain Man.

You also said "And by the way, it was not self righteous enough for me. I thought you'd really come back with something bigger and better than what you originally wrote. But it's no biggie. The only failure is in not trying.".

That is why it sounds as though you are challenging her to make you change your mind. Make-a da sense?

Do you work with autistic children or have anyone within the autistic spectrum in your family?

I don't want to get into this and then find out you have Wikipediasmarts or offend you if you have a member of your family that is autistic.

Last edited by Reigh Kaufman; 04-24-2009 at 02:37 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump