Old 04-07-2009, 05:59 AM
Two New Michael Crichton Novels Found

HarperCollins is getting ready to publish two new novels written by the late author Michael Crichton, who died of cancer last year at 66. He was known for such hits as "Jurassic Park" and "ER."

The action adventure "Pirate Latitudes" is set in Jamaica in 1665 and revolves around plans by a notorious pirate named Hunter and the governor of Jamaica to raid a Spanish galleon filled with treasure. The novel was written before Crichton's death and was discovered in his files by an assistant.

HarperCollins plans a first printing of 1 million copies, with the novel set to hit stores on November 24th. The other book is a yet-to-be-titled technological thriller that was left unfinished by Crichton. It will be completed based on the writer's notes and released late next year. An author has not yet been hired to finish the work.

Creative Artists Agency is handling the film and TV rights of the books. Crichton's agent, which had represented the author, continues to broker deals for his estate.

Hollywood has long been interested in adapting Crichton's novels, with "The Andromeda Strain," "Congo," "Disclosure," "Rising Sun," "Sphere" and "Timeline," in addition to "Jurassic Park" and "The Lost World" all turned into pics, while "Airframe" and "Prey" have been optioned.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headlin...=12910&count=0
Old 04-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Crichton was the author that helped me fall in love with reading. After hearing of his death I was pretty shocked and very saddened to hear the news. When a top author dies you know the book publishers will be out trying to find unreleased books and finishing their current project. I will definitely be picking both these up.