Old 10-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Just got around to seeing the latest episode.

Manny: My ice box is filled with pieces of people who have fucked me over.

Jimmy: Mine's just filled with creamsicles.

Forsythe killed it and Pitt continues to show why if Scorsese ever makes another gangster film that he should get a key role in it.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:43 PM
That scene was awesome.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
Also, fuckin' Jimmy's mom...
Spoiler:
You used to do what?!

If they don't get into some Oedipus shit this season, I'll be very surprised.
I'll be surprised if they don't pull the
Spoiler:
Jimmy is adopted storyline

edit: I want some Hoppin Johns now

Last edited by NuclearMisfit; 10-22-2011 at 06:33 PM..
Old 10-23-2011, 10:12 PM

That was one of the best episodes of the series so far. It felt like an episode that would air near the end of the season. I love when shows sneak up on you like that. The stuff with Harrow in the woods was terrific. There was sort of a mystical element (in an Andrew Dominik kind of way) to it that was an interesting change of pace for the show. The scene with Jimmy and Harrow afterward where Jimmy indicates his loyalty to Harrow was really moving, and an indication that those two are going to start to take over. I loved when they scalped that cocoa drinking gimp. Old school better take notes.

Last edited by Bourne101; 10-23-2011 at 10:28 PM..
Old 10-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
That was one of the best episodes of the series so far. It felt like an episode that would air near the end of the season. I love when shows sneak up on you like that. The stuff with Harrow in the woods was terrific. There was sort of a mystical element (in an Andrew Dominik kind of way) to it that was an interesting change of pace for the show. The scene with Jimmy and Harrow afterward where Jimmy indicates his loyalty to Harrow was really moving, and an indication that those two are going to start to take over. I loved when they scalped that cocoa drinking gimp. Old school better take notes.
Argh! Can't wait to finish work and get home and watch it, that sounds fucking excellent.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
Every word of this is golden. I absolutely love the connection between those two.

That quick image of Richard in his dress uniform before his injury was just spellbinding.

McDonald wasn't joking: he needs to lay off the pancakes.

And, yes...that'll teach that old prick to go around misusing his cane like that.

Last edited by Buck Turgidson; 10-24-2011 at 04:56 PM..
Old 10-24-2011, 04:04 PM
That was probably my favourite episode of the whole series and dare I say it any other TV show this year.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hucksta G View Post
That was probably my favourite episode of the whole series and dare I say it any other TV show this year.
Spoiler:
Old 10-25-2011, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Spoiler:
Ohhh, two can play THAT game, you rogue...

Spoiler:
Old 10-25-2011, 03:42 PM
Haha I knew that Breaking Bad would get a mention with my sweeping statement.

Well played, Syxxpac
Old 11-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Van Alden "I'm a married man."
AG prosecutor "There goes my dream."

lol...really liked the addition of her character.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:54 AM
Juicy Julianne Nicholson. Another home run for their casting department.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:19 AM
That scene where
Spoiler:
Nucky gets shot
was as good as anything I've ever seen in Cinema.

Other than that, it was a rather dull episode.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:34 AM
Gotta love Jimmy with the whole Michael/Fredo moment with Nucky.

Almost makes me wish it went off without a hitch.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:45 AM
Didn't find the episode dull at all, I don't really have anything else to add except for I love this show and the characters are f'ing great, loving Van Alden and Jimmy.

Definitely rooting for Jimmy in his situation with Nucky.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:42 AM
Funny that your first instinct is the futile gesture of putting up your hand.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:12 AM
Okay, so what I really liked about that scene was, like -- can anyone else picture checking out a member of the opposite sex, then in the span of a second casually glancing to your right, seeing your killer, being shot, and dying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Turgidson View Post
Funny that your first instinct is the futile gesture of putting up your hand.
That would totally be my immediate reaction. There must be some Evolutionary reason for it.

Quote:
Didn't find the episode dull at all, I don't really have anything else to add except for I love this show and the characters are f'ing great, loving Van Alden and Jimmy.

Definitely rooting for Jimmy in his situation with Nucky.
Oh, I just meant dull in the grand scheme of the season, and I felt this way precisely because I like Jimmy, Van Alden, Nucky, Harrow, etc. I appreciate that basically there are certain episodes where for both budget and character/plot development purposes the episode is forced to focus on certain elements that are less interesting. Since this episode was intensively about the Margaret and Owen storyline(s) -- which is my least favorite -- it just seemed dull compared to, say, anything involving William Forsythe.

Last edited by Gordon; 11-08-2011 at 03:17 AM..
Old 11-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Oh, I just meant dull in the grand scheme of the season, and I felt this way precisely because I like Jimmy, Van Alden, Nucky, Harrow, etc. I appreciate that basically there are certain episodes where for both budget and character/plot development purposes the episode is forced to focus on certain elements that are less interesting. Since this episode was intensively about the Margaret and Owen storyline(s) -- which is my least favorite -- it just seemed dull compared to, say, anything involving William Forsythe.
Ahh I see what you mean, yes there certainly are some less intersting storylines.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsyder View Post
Gotta love Jimmy with the whole Michael/Fredo moment with Nucky.

Almost makes me wish it went off without a hitch.
Haha I know, right? So money

I'm still firmly on Team Nucky, though.

Also, I fuckin' loved when Eli goes, "Jesus Christ, just kill him," the room goes silent, but Capone gives a classic, George Costanza-esque gesture as if to go, "See, that'swhaI'msayin'!"

Classic
Old 11-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Also, I fuckin' loved when Eli goes, "Jesus Christ, just kill him," the room goes silent, but Capone gives a classic, George Costanza-esque gesture as if to go, "See, that'swhaI'msayin'!"
Hahahaha, that was too good.

Question for whoever wants to answer... do you think Van Alden is going to take Nucky's deal? I was tired as fuck while watching this episode, so I didn't really gauge whether Van Alden giving that new lady the file was him saying "Fuck you," to Thompson, or whether he was trying to earn her trust by giving her a file that probably doesn't have anything in it to put Thompson away for good. I just can't see Van Alden backing down to a woman and sitting at a shitty desk in the corner of the room, haha.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Could be. The woman is actually based on a real historical figure who was certainly a legal crusader for prohibition (thank you Ken Burns). Could be Van Alden just thinks she can take him down.

I can't see how the folder wouldn't help her in some way.

Last edited by outsyder; 11-08-2011 at 06:39 PM..
Old 11-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsyder View Post
The woman is actually based on a real historical figure who was certainly a legal crusader for prohibition (thank you Ken Burns). Could be Van Alden just thinks she can take him down.

I can't see how the folder wouldn't help her in some way.
Yeah, you're probably right, and the folder probably will help, but you would think if Van Alden had something big enough, he would have made a move by now. Thompson is a crafty fucker and can weasel his way out of pretty much any situation.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Yeah Bourne I was wondering the same thing...I am leaning towards him helping the woman but I could be wrong, as you said Nucky is crafty.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Van Alden was certainly spot on in explaining how his superiors wanted him to focus on prohibition from the ground up instead of going after big fish like Nucky.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:13 AM
I shouldn't have but I read a thread on IMDB with people predicting Jimmy's death....I don't want that to happen, I feel like the whow would lose a lot of its appeal without Jimmy.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Quote:
I shouldn't have but I read a thread on IMDB with people predicting Jimmy's death....I don't want that to happen, I feel like the whow would lose a lot of its appeal without Jimmy.
I don't think it will happen. He is too strong a presence to get killed off now. I agree that if it happens the show will lose some appeal.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:26 AM
So I'm about 4 episodes behind and wondering in a word or two, how does season 2 stack up to season 1? I watched the first two episodes, I believe (whichever episode Chalky fucks up the dude in the cell -- last thing I saw).

Anyway, extremely excited for an afternoon when I can sit down, pack a bowl, and marathon what I haven't seen yet
Old 11-09-2011, 02:31 PM
It only gets better/crazier and it's still building up.

Trust, you won't be disappointed.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:44 PM
I reckon season 2 has been better as they seem to be having more fun with the characters, but they are both A grade.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:41 PM
I've just finished episode 5, two more to watch till I'm caught up. I just wanted to pop in and say one thing. Jack Huston is Incredible.

Spoiler:
The whole of episode 5 was an excellent focus on him. I'm not ashamed to admit that I teared up a little when he asked Jimmy if he'd 'fight for him'.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:55 PM
It was awesome, wasn't it?
Old 11-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Up to date now, and I love it so much. It's much better than season one I think. Most memorable scenes this season.

Spoiler:
Nucky trashing the Commodor's lobster dinner. What a waste.

Chalky in jail.

Chakly losing it over Hoppin' Johns

Richard and Jimmy's 'loyalty' talk.

Jimmy's mom slapping the shit out of the Commodor.

Jimmy meeting Manny.

Van Alden bringing the restaurant down after eating there. Pimp

Nucky getting shot.

I'm on Jimmy's side in all of this, I think he has better intentions than Nucky. Obviously the war is over money and power, but Jimmy is more human than Nucky.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
I'm on Jimmy's side in all of this, I think he has better intentions than Nucky. Obviously the war is over money and power, but Jimmy is more human than Nucky.
At the same time Jimmy is a lot more ruthless, mean spirited, and violent.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:28 PM
At least Jimmy is man enough to do his own dirty work.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:03 PM
I still think something will happen to bring Jimmy and Nucky back together.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:17 PM
If that does happen, it'll be because of something Luciano does. I hate that slimy prick
Old 11-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Yep, that's what I was thinking
Old 11-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Holy shit Rothstein is a pimp. Dude kind of goes under the radar and then when he has a meeting with two of the smartest guys in the business (Thompson and Torrio), he makes them both look like dummies, haha. He fixed the World Series after all. He's the smartest guy on the show. Thompson was smart to take his advice. Now we'll get to see a little more of Slater's "I'll choke a guy until his fingers fall off'' side and a little less of his "I'm a charming douche who is up to no good" side.

And I'm starting to think Jimmy might not make it to the next season. You know a power trip is in store when you throw Doyle off the balcony the first night after Nucky resigns. "Yeah I'm lookin' at you ya Jew bastard."

Oh yeah, where did Van Alden get that money?

Last edited by Bourne101; 11-13-2011 at 09:36 PM..
Old 11-13-2011, 11:14 PM
Jimmy's a mean drunk.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:02 AM
Tonight's episode had some great moments!

Loved the talk between Jimmy and his wife!

The funeral parlour scene was good too, especially when Nucky broke down!

And I loved the exchange between Nucky and Jimmy when Nucky goes to the commodore's house to concede/call a truce(though methinks Nucky has a whole lot of shit up his sleeve)...next week looks badass especially with Nuck and the tommy gun!