Old 11-14-2011, 04:04 AM
Another excellent episode.

That dream sequence at the beginning was very Sopranosesque.

I'm hoping Jimmy doesn't die but that Nucky just makes him hit rock bottom.

Definitely had a lot of sympathy for Nucky this episode which I had trouble conjuring up in the past.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
Holy shit Rothstein is a pimp.
I love that whole "Gee, I just smelled manure" thing.
Quote:
You know a power trip is in store when you throw Doyle off the balcony the first night after Nucky resigns.
I've been dying for someone to fuck that snivelling bastard up for a long, long time.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hucksta G View Post
That dream sequence at the beginning was very Sopranosesque.
My thoughts exactly. I'm kindof dreading if they plan on going down a similar path, though...

Stray thought: Why the fuck hasn't Buscemi directed an episode yet?

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 11-14-2011 at 05:00 PM..
Old 11-14-2011, 03:25 PM
I also hope that they don't go down the same path, particuallry if you are talking about what I am thinking of in regards to a certain similar relationship on both shows.

Good point Smiert! Pine Barrens was excellent.

Also I wonder whether Scorsese will direct an episode this season.

Last edited by Hucksta G; 11-14-2011 at 05:56 PM..
Old 11-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Fucking great episode. Jimmy having a power trip is quite worrying, I really don'y want him to be killed off. Like somebody said on here already, him being missing would make the show lose a bit of spark. I wan't to see more Richard though, after a couple of episodes focused on him, he goes missing again.

I would definitely not fuck with Manny either, Forsythe plays the roll so goddamn well it's scary. The character is scaring me everytime he talks.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Heisenberg, why do you have a Bengals avatar?

I only ask, 'cuz I'm from the 'Nati, not that that's anything to be proud of haha
Old 11-15-2011, 04:03 AM
Being from the UK it was quite a chore to find an NFL team to follow, but I finally got it down to the Bengals and the Packers. I chose the Bengals, because I like the underdog. I didn't expect them to be doing so well this season.

Also, is anybody else finding the housekeeper Katy to be the most beautiful lady on the show? I think I love her. hahaha
Old 11-15-2011, 05:03 AM
Heather Lind. Yes, she is a very serious babe. She has an identical twin sister named Christina Bennett Lind, who is also an actress. She was on All My CHildren the last year or so that it aired.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:52 PM
Yep I'm loving Katy, beautiful eyes and a nice body to boot.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:21 PM
This is honestly turning out to be one of the greatest seasons of television I have ever seen. I know people who bailed on this show about mid way through season one because it didn't have a fast enough pace for them. They are certainly missing out now. The big picture is going to be something to behold.

Highlights were seeing Doyle return with a neck cast as if nothing happened, the attempted hit on Manny (ouch), the kitchen revolt, and the, "Now that those guys are out of the way," moment near the end of the Ireland trip.

The finale is going to be insane. Directed by Tim Van Patten, written by Terence Winter and the title is:

Spoiler:
To the Lost

Shit is gonna go down.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:40 AM
Yep now offically my favourite current show.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:08 PM
Poor Jimmy. Can't seem to find one hitman who won't completely fuck everything up.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:19 PM
I just finished catching up with this season today and the only disappointment I have is the fact that there's only 3 more episodes left.

Yet, those last 3 episodes look to be epic....epic indeed.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:36 AM
I too know people who bailed on this show half way through season one. Infact, my parents didn't make it through the pilot. Those people are definitely missing out big style, not quite the best season of TV I've ever seen (That would be Breaking Bad S2) but definitely up there.

I knew exactly how that 'hit' was going to turn out. I've said it before, don't fuck with Manny. Scary bastard.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:00 PM
If they kill Jimmy off this season, I'd be perfectly fine with it. I just don't see where you can take his character besides becoming more ruthless and back stabbing. He clearly has no idea what he's doing and why he's doing it. He's a foot soldier masquerading as a boss.

Season's been very strong overall though. It's definitely been great to segway from Breaking Bad to this.... but after BE's season is over? It's going to be a long, cold winter for dramatic television.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop No. 633 View Post
If they kill Jimmy off this season, I'd be perfectly fine with it. I just don't see where you can take his character besides becoming more ruthless and back stabbing. He clearly has no idea what he's doing and why he's doing it. He's a foot soldier masquerading as a boss.
Yeah, while I dig Pitt's presence and enjoy the dynamic the character brings to the show, it makes sense that he would die, given how the plot is unfolding. I have a feeling he's going to end up in Manny's icebox by the end of the season. Manny may be small time, but he doesn't fuck around.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:43 PM
It makes sense that he would die but I still think there are still many places they could take the character.

Last edited by Hucksta G; 11-22-2011 at 08:58 PM..
Old 11-22-2011, 10:00 PM
LOL. Paz de la Huerta drunkenly spoiled the finale of Boardwalk Empire.

Well, the part to do with her character really.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop No. 633 View Post
It's definitely been great to segway from Breaking Bad to this.... but after BE's season is over? It's going to be a long, cold winter for dramatic television.

Raylan isn't amused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outsyder View Post
LOL. Paz de la Huerta drunkenly spoiled the finale of Boardwalk Empire.

Well, the part to do with her character really.
What a dumb bitch. I really have no idea why she's on this show. There are plenty more attractive women who'll show their tattas, aren't stupid and don't have a Butterface

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 11-22-2011 at 11:56 PM..
Old 11-23-2011, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post

Raylan isn't amused.
John Cooper would also like a word...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	coop.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	9665  
Old 11-23-2011, 08:24 AM
Alright, Buck (and this is my thread, so I can derail it for a bit if I want), I'm gonna give you the floor one last time to sell me on Southland.

So tell me: what makes Southland better and different than any other police procedural on TV?
Old 11-24-2011, 01:20 AM
First and foremost, it's not a procedural, at least in my understanding of that term. It's comparable to The Shield and Homicide, in that it's a show about people who are cops rather than a show about crime that features people.

All of the characters are multi-dimensional. Cudlitz's John Cooper and Regina King's Lydia Adams are particularly deep and multi-facteted, largely because of those two actors and their strength on screen. The writing is spare and direct but that lends it real verisimilitude. The picture it paints of Los Angeles is pretty unrelentingly bleak but not in a by the numbers way. They never get stuck in a rut in the way the episodes are structured. They aren't afraid to feature one of the main characters in a single storyline and put one (or all) of the others largely on the shelf for the full hour.

All I can really say to you is that it's a show that feels real and natural. The writers constructs and easy shortcuts are few and far between and I feel it's worth your time and attention. It might not hit you the same way but it just might, and if it does you'll thank me.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:41 AM
Right on, sir. At some point here in the near future, I'll give it another go.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Jimmy better not die, the writers are bound to know how popular the character is. Him dying would piss me off quite alot, as there are plenty of things he can do even if he loses power of AC.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:25 PM
I agree. As Nucky has proven, just because you get knocked off of the horse doesn't mean you stay down.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:36 PM
Plus, without Jimmy, what would become of Harrow?
Old 11-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Old 11-28-2011, 12:42 AM
I thought about how much fury Jimmy will unleash because of this, and then about how much Harrow would one-up him.

Manny is worse than dead.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:28 AM
That line of his mom's, from the preview, has me thinking.

I wonder...
Spoiler:
If he's going to finish off some other nuisances in the bargain, like the Commodore. No inside info here, I'm just (as the cop said in Miller's Crossing) speculatin' on a hypothesis
Old 11-28-2011, 09:21 AM
(Manny beings strangling Doyle)
Doyle: What are you doing?
Manny: Changing your mind.

The writing on this show pretty much blows every other current show out of the water.

Jimmy best empty those creamsicles out of his ice box to make room for Manny.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:46 PM
That was amazing...rooting for Jimmy all the way.

Favorite Scene had to be "get the fuck out......I was talking to you.'
Old 11-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsyder View Post
I thought about how much fury Jimmy will unleash because of this, and then about how much Harrow would one-up him.
Good point. Not only is he just a skilled killing machine, but Angela is probably the only person he has had a legitimate emotional connection with since he got his face blown off.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:54 PM
A poster on IMDB that has clearly seen all the episodes before hand has predicted absolutely everything correctly so far. On Manny he says that (if you don't want the mega spoiler don't read this.)

Spoiler:
Manny lives past this season

On Jimmy and Gillian he says that:

Spoiler:
They had sex while he was at Princeton
Old 11-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Best line of the episode has to be: "You were just praying." What a great way to end that scene. I laughed my ass off even though it was mostly dramatic.

Definitely excited about the last two episodes. Manny did what he had to do, and it really was Jimmy's fault. He's a shitty leader who shouldn't have been given all that power. Nucky made it look too easy.

I suspect maybe Van Alden might be blackmailed to kill Holloran if he's under constant protection from Nucky. Either way, Holloran has to end up in a box. It would just be better and sneakier if Van Alden does it.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Manny did what was expected of his character. If you refuse to pay me on a deal, THEN send somebody to kill me...I'm not going to take that too lightly. Angela is dead because of Jimmy's stupidity. Far too naive to be running a city like AC.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:21 PM
"Why didn't they just hold it higher up on the handle?"

Bahahaha. Buscemi kills me.

I honestly have no idea what is going to go down in the finale. Was not expecting Van Alden to get caught this season. I wonder if he will go back to Doyle, and if so, if Doyle will still make the deal. And the whole Jimmy thing is so fucked up. The mother is a fuckin' psycho.

Whatever happens, I'm pretty sure Season 3 is gonna have some totally new dynamics. There is no way the current plots can carry on any longer without reaching some kind of explosive climax.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Did Jimmy and his mom get it on in tonight's episode. Cause if so, that would explain the weird and screwed up (or one of the parts) why their relationship almost seems to close.

Jimmy's mom makes Gemma on Sons of Anarchy look like a total saint.

Finale looks great. Glad to see Van Alden having his demons catching up to him.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:17 AM
Jimmy's mom is a beast! "Finish him!" Haha...

Gotta say though Gretchen Mol is simply fantastic on this show(holding her own with the men), especially this season!
Old 12-05-2011, 02:36 AM
That was amazing.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
Whatever happens, I'm pretty sure Season 3 is gonna have some totally new dynamics. There is no way the current plots can carry on any longer without reaching some kind of explosive climax.
That's the one thing that bothers me to a certain extent with the show. They started out strong with a lot of interesting characters and they seem to be weakening and diluting those characters to the point they basically need to be killed off or undergo some huge shift.

I get the impression, though this is just a guess, that
Spoiler:
The people making the show could have decided this season to go with the Jimmy is a badass gangster like Capone route or the emotionally breaks down and we kill him off route, and they chose the latter because Pitt's notoriously difficult to work with on sets. He won't get redemption or anything and next episode will be his last. Hope I'm wrong.

Last edited by Gordon; 12-05-2011 at 05:09 AM..