Old 10-10-2010, 11:49 PM
I'm so pissed that I haven't been able to catch any of these episodes so far...
Old 10-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Definitely the best episode since the pilot. Very good series through four episodes.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieBuff07 View Post
I'm so pissed that I haven't been able to catch any of these episodes so far...
Don't be pissed

Episode 1, Pilot - http://www.megavideo.com/?v=79ID11KT
Episode 2, The Ivory Tower - http://www.megavideo.com/?v=FYGVA0DK
Episode 3, Broadway Limited - http://www.awesometv.net/?p=4570

Isn't the internet fuckin' awesome?
Old 10-11-2010, 06:27 AM
Another solid episode. I'm glad to see Kelly MacDonald as Margaret flourishing in her own way on the show. Her exchange with Senator Edge was great. I'm hoping to see her give some sass to Lucy later in the season. If the show is going in the direction it seems to be suggesting... then this could be one of the most interesting romances I've seen in a long while. The chemistry between her and Nucky is so subtle and yet very electric. It's just so clear that she's a real woman and Lucy's still a little girl who needs to have her clothes put on by a mother.

It's what I was hoping for... rich characters in one of my favorite sub-genres.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:24 AM
I can't stress this enough, Stephen Graham is fanfuckingtastic as Capone.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Man this show goes fast! Gotta agree Stephen Graham is awesome and I hope he is up for an emmy as well as Michael Pitt, both of them are awesome. Sucks we didn't get to see Michael Shannon but nice to see even more devlopment of everyone and everything, I'm loving this show can't wait for next week.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
Don't be pissed

yes Smiert, yes it is
Old 10-11-2010, 05:38 PM
I am really digging this series so far. I'm glad it isn't all about the gangster mentality of shooting up people and all that related jazz. The only thing I don't like is Jimmy's arc. I like Jimmy as a character but I don't like him being in Chicago just 3-4 episodes into the series. And what the fuck was up with him cheating on his finance with that whore?! I really like the guy that plays Capone. I'm intimated by him lol. Nucky is boss. The episode that aired on Sunday is probably the best one to me

-Chalky talking to the KKK member
-Nucky/Margaret scene
-Jimmy and Capone talking to the mob boss
Old 10-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPuppet View Post
Another solid episode. I'm glad to see Kelly MacDonald as Margaret flourishing in her own way on the show. Her exchange with Senator Edge was great. I'm hoping to see her give some sass to Lucy later in the season. If the show is going in the direction it seems to be suggesting... then this could be one of the most interesting romances I've seen in a long while. The chemistry between her and Nucky is so subtle and yet very electric. It's just so clear that she's a real woman and Lucy's still a little girl who needs to have her clothes put on by a mother.

It's what I was hoping for... rich characters in one of my favorite sub-genres.
I agree, she owns Senator Edge wit their witty back and forth banter. The look on Nucky's face as shes talkin about politics really has piqued his interest in her as maybe something more than just a friend.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Stephen Graham's a talented and lucky man. He's played two of the most notorious American criminals back-to-back and he's perfect at playing them both.

...And isn't Gretchen Mol just smoking hot as Gillian? She's one hot grandma.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Funny I think Jimmy's arc is probably my favorite of all. And god yes Mol is sexy, there has been some great T&A in this series...it has everything one could want in a TV series.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:32 PM
I have always loved Gretchen's tits...and also have loved the fact that she's not shy about showing them!
Old 10-11-2010, 10:01 PM
This show does for boobs what Deadwood did for the word "cocksucker."
Old 10-12-2010, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsyder View Post
This show does for boobs what Deadwood did for the word "cocksucker."
Old 10-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Don't be pissed

Thanks Smiert....I had off work today so I'm gonna at least check out the first two episodes and if I have time the third. And yes the internet is fuckin' awesome.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrida View Post
I can't stress this enough, Stephen Graham is fanfuckingtastic as Capone.
My favorite character on the show, for sure.

I absolutely love this show!
Old 10-17-2010, 12:13 PM
When you have an awesome show to look forward to, the week flies by...
Old 10-17-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
When you have an awesome show to look forward to, the week flies by...
Most definitely. It's going to fly by even faster once Sunday nights become a double feature of Boardwalk Empire and The Walking Dead.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:35 PM
Oh man I cringe for Lucy when she's trying to be all sexy for Nucky with half her muff hanging out and dropping whipped cream on her titties or whatever.

The chick getting her face all slashed up was super harsh...I actually winced a bit.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post

The chick getting her face all slashed up was super harsh...I actually winced a bit.
This and when Van Alden (Michael Shannon) jammed his hand into the thug's belly in the previous episode.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:06 PM
Another top-notch episode.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:19 AM
Whoa... I have to say, Nucky and Margret's relationship moved much faster than I anticipated. The ending totally made the episode. And it all started because of some uneaten soda bread. That detail was just awesome. That's how you build up a romance. Not by having models-turned-actors do prat falls and make goofy faces at each other.

I was getting impatient with the Chicago storyline but now I like to think we were watching water in a kettle just before it's ready to boil. I expect the Chicago story to really take off by the next episode. Al and Jimmy both going on a rampage? I'm game. Jimmy's been waiting to crack all five episodes.

I like what they did there. They advanced one story a great deal while the other it took its sweet time. Boardwalk Empire brings it like a mother fucker.

Shea Whigham also kicks ass. Best laugh for me was seeing him swing and miss. The guy's so great on the show. He makes a great corrupt Sheriff.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPuppet View Post
Shea Whigham also kicks ass. Best laugh for me was seeing him swing and miss. The guy's so great on the show. He makes a great corrupt Sheriff.
After seeing how cool he was in what little screentime he had in Machete, I remember thinkin' that I'd like to see more of him (browsing his IMDb showed that he hadn't been in anything else I was familiar with), so seeing he was cast in a lead role on Boardwalk was great news and he's been awesome throughout, easily providing some of the best lines so far....
Old 10-18-2010, 01:24 PM
I've lost interest in the New York storyline. Hopefully they war with Nucky or Chicago soon (obviously they will). I just don't find Rothstein overly interesting and I've looked up enough on Luciano that I'm not a fan of how the show is painting he & Rothstein's relationship. There is a lot that is implied in the scenes when the two are together.

Spoiler:
After Jimmy's hooker girl shot herself, the Chicago storyline is about to explode. And I can't wait. He's going to hurt a lot of people.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:41 PM
Michael Shannon's character Van Alden is more gangster than the gangsters haha I cheer everytime he's on screen, just awesome! Can't wait for next week's episode, a week really does take too long when waiting for this show.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:53 PM
That poor Pearl girl reminded me a lot of the season 3 episode of The Sopranos called "University" with the new stripper at the Bada Bing who gets caught up with Ralphie. Quite sad.

Another awesome episode.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:58 PM
Quote:
That poor Pearl girl reminded me a lot of the season 3 episode of The Sopranos called "University" with the new stripper at the Bada Bing who gets caught up with Ralphie. Quite sad.
I think a smiliarly grisly revenge is in store for this perpetrator.

Fingers crossed.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:21 AM
Quote:
After seeing how cool he was in what little screentime he had in Machete, I remember thinkin' that I'd like to see more of him (browsing his IMDb showed that he hadn't been in anything else I was familiar with), so seeing he was cast in a lead role on Boardwalk was great news and he's been awesome throughout, easily providing some of the best lines so far....

If you like the horror genre, check out "Splinter". It's a very underrated movie where he has a great role.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:11 AM
I got like a 1 day trial of HBO and by accident I tuned this show...it was the last minutes of the last episode and like 3 people got wacked in horrible fashion. now I need to see this from the beginning.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm really curious as to when this fuckin' guy is gonna show up...

Seriously, like...what the shit is goin' on here?
Old 10-20-2010, 12:42 PM
Quote:
I'm really curious as to when this fuckin' guy is gonna show up...

Seriously, like...what the shit is goin' on here?

Da fuck?
Old 10-20-2010, 03:25 PM
what in the hell....
Old 10-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Awesome
Old 10-24-2010, 11:19 PM
That episode was so money it didn't even know how money it was.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
That episode was so money it didn't even know how money it was.
Yeah it was...really liked how multiple storylines really took it up a notch this week.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:40 AM
i missed this episode and now looking for it
Old 10-25-2010, 06:56 AM
I had a feeling that Lucky thought he was screwing the wife!

Why did they feel it was important to show nudity that was obviously a body-double? If the actress didn't want to get naked...well...there was no reason for the character to get naked! The comment about her body could have been made w/o showing (fake) nudity.

Last edited by ToddRH; 10-25-2010 at 07:20 AM..
Old 10-25-2010, 12:05 PM
Aright, so last night I was tired as fuck and only had time for a Swingers reference to describe how I felt about the episode. Here are some expanded thoughts:

The Darmody and Capone stuff was fucking amazing. Not just the annihilation of Sheridan's gang, but also their roasting of each other (the most tension the show has created so far, and that's saying a lot) and the stuff with Capone's son. And the Michael Shannon scene at the end provided a large WTF moment.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Spoiler:
In regards to Michael Shannon's scene, it makes perfect sense. He is obviously extremely old-school religious. He has been thinking about/wanting Margaret but he is married. So he must atone. Old-school style. Loved the scene.

Not sure I've clearly established this point but I LOVE this freaking show. All of my favorite aspects of what entertains me is in this. I love the Capone/Jimmy storyline and I agree with you Bourne, them roasting each other was INTENSE.

This show continues to steamroll ahead. Jimmy is one serious BAMF but Capone is much more intimidating. Love that dynamic.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:56 PM
That was fucking brilliant, best episode so far and that's saying a lot.