Old 10-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Another solid episode. Man, I thought Darmody was.....
Spoiler:
gonna make a crack at Capone's son during that scene. I was screaming "Don't......DON'T! Thank goodness it was not the case.Graham owned his scene with Pitt when he talked about his son's deafness.

Last edited by Mr.HyDe807; 10-26-2010 at 08:09 PM..
Old 10-25-2010, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HyDe807 View Post
Another solid episode. Man, I thought Darmody was.....
Spoiler:
gonna make a crack at Capone's son during that scene. I was screaming "Don't......DON'T! Thank goodness it was not the case.Graham owned his scene with Pitt when he talked about his son's deaf
Yeah, I was feeling nervous. If there's one thing you don't do it's piss off Al Capone. But it was funny to see his vulnerability right after. Not what I was expecting at all... It was some of the strongest acting by Graham on the show. Subtle work, but very effective. I even felt bad for him as he tried to make up with Jimmy. And he's still an asshole, but at least he's shown he has a heart.

I'm also enjoying Margaret's story. It isn't going where I expected. She's suddenly having to realize what position she has taken in Nucky's life and I'm sure she's going to do something big like she did an episode ago. You don't ignore and push a woman like her off to the side... I wonder if she'll do something to Lucy now that they've confronted each other. She took one step forward financially but two steps backward in other aspects. Or, just maybe she'll revert back to her personality with her first husband and remain silent... but I really hope she doesn't.

Anybody else notice if it was one of the D'Alessio that jacked the guy on the boardwalk? I began wondering if this was part of Doyle's plan to get some money to pay them back.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPuppet View Post
Anybody else notice if it was one of the D'Alessio that jacked the guy on the boardwalk? I began wondering if this was part of Doyle's plan to get some money to pay them back.
That makes sense. Definitely looks like the job Doyle propositioned in the last week's ep (or was it the one before that? )
Old 10-26-2010, 03:25 AM
It was one of the two. I think it was the 4th.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Jimmy playing five finger fillet was such a fucking hero shot. This show is frickin' fantastic. Definitely fills the hole that Rome and Deadwood and the Sopranos left.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Great episode. I also think it's a strong contender for most female nudity in one single HBO original series hour. Seriously, every woman was seen nude in this one, body double or not. Kind of got ridiculous.

I like how they approached the inaccuracy of Capone's war involvement, i know a lot of people were turned off by that with episode 1. Love how they handled it. Also love Sonny's introduction (who Puza famously named Sonny Corleone's character in the Godfather after, even though Sonny Capone never got involved in the family business). I'm glad to see that Jimmy isn't just another "Christopher from the Sopranos" archetype of the idiotic and ungrateful new school of mafia. He is very much becoming his own.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:34 AM
While I am a little drunk, I disagree with such a type of Chris from Sopranos. He has one of the biggest arcs in the entire Sopranos universe. He's a tremendous character.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xseanymacx View Post
While I am a little drunk, I disagree with such a type of Chris from Sopranos. He has one of the biggest arcs in the entire Sopranos universe. He's a tremendous character.
I completely agree. I wasn't commenting on an archetype "of" Christopher, as if it was a cliche before the Sopranos, so much as i was commenting on an archetype made by Christopher in the Sopranos, since Boardwalk shares writers from the Sopranos i didn't want Jimmy to follow the footsteps of Christopher too closely, since that would be repetitive.

Christopher was definitely one of the best things about The Sopranos, i was just worried that Jimmy began the series closely resembling the Christopher in the early first season of the Sopranos... luckily he has evolved into someone incomparable already.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Ah, got ya. Makes perfect sense!
Old 10-31-2010, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
I'm really curious as to when this fuckin' guy is gonna show up...

Seriously, like...what the shit is goin' on here?
He certainly made an impression... to say the fucking least. That final scene with him was EPIC.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:58 AM
^^^^^^ Richard Harrow is played by Jack Houston. Anjelica and Danny's nephew, John's grandson.

The boy's got it in his blood
Old 11-01-2010, 11:31 AM
This show...holy fuck this show.

The eerie Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde music playing while he sniped Liam and then leading right into movie theater scene gave me EXTREME goose bumps. I shuttered, literally, as he was packing up his rifle.

I am continuously floored by this show.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Yep he was one bad ass mofo.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Absolutely love this new character.

Watching Nucky torch the house was also a great sight.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsyder View Post
Watching Nucky torch the house was also a great sight.
Spoiler:

Absolutely. My favorite shot of the episode.

The whole story between Nucky and his past with his father as well has how Margaret approaches him about that past were some of the best things about this episode.

That and Richard Harrow. The the last scene with him and the Jekyll and Hyde music playing was great.

Last edited by drc5145; 11-01-2010 at 09:18 PM..
Old 11-02-2010, 02:39 AM
Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor by Bach.

Last edited by Buck Turgidson; 11-02-2010 at 02:42 AM..
Old 11-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Clearly, I have a new favorite character.

Waiting impatiently 'til I can watch tonight's episode with friends tomorrow :/
Old 11-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Man I just never want any episode to end. The character and plot development is so fuckin' good. I feared going into this series that Michael Shannon's character might be a one-note tough cop, but holy fuck he is one scary, multidimensional motherfucker. Probably the most intimidating and interesting character on the show.

I like where things are heading. These last four episodes are going to be something else.

I also had no idea Christopher McDonald was going to make an appearance.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:17 AM
This episode is my favorite of the season simply because I literally cannot wait for next week. Shit is about to go ballistic. No other word to describe it.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:53 AM
"It's not to late too go to law school Arnold.

I prefer to make an honest living."

great episode... scratch that, fucking brilliant episode. The past five episodes have been gearing up for Nucky to come face to face with Jimmy again, now the shit has hit the fan it seems and Nucky seems ready to arm his bureaucracy and becoming a full fledged gangster. Love how Rothstein, Alden, Elias and Capone all had moments to shine, especially Alden. I love what they are doing with his character, the scene with his wife and the letter broke my heart.

The Republican convention was also a showstopper of a set piece.

Last edited by APzombie; 11-08-2010 at 12:26 PM..
Old 11-08-2010, 04:14 PM
God damn I wish each episode was two hours long!
Old 11-08-2010, 05:12 PM
I may have missed the signs, but the whole 'Jimmy's wife is a lesbian' angle seems to have come out of nowhere, and been an excuse to increase the boobage.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:23 PM

"That imbecile is going to be the next President of the United States."
Old 11-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsyder View Post
I may have missed the signs, but the whole 'Jimmy's wife is a lesbian' angle seems to have come out of nowhere, and been an excuse to increase the boobage.
Not a sign but a misdirection when Jimmy thought something was going on with his fiance and the photographer...when it was really the photographer's assistant/wife.

I really don't understand Jimmy's Mom's character. Again, she was talking to him on the phone like a girlfriend/lover would and not a mother. Also, she certainly has some venom for Jimmy's fiance.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddRH View Post
Not a sign but a misdirection when Jimmy thought something was going on with his fiance and the photographer...when it was really the photographer's assistant/wife.

I really don't understand Jimmy's Mom's character. Again, she was talking to him on the phone like a girlfriend/lover would and not a mother. Also, she certainly has some venom for Jimmy's fiance.
There is a whole bunch of Freud shit going on here.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:14 PM
I think more Oedipus than Freud!
Old 11-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddRH View Post
Didn't realize that's who it was, but it still feels like an excuse to throw more boobage into the mix.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:57 PM
I was also wondering oif her not wanting to have sex with Jummy and saying it was bad time of month was a sign too?? Or maybe it really was that time of month.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:24 AM
Eddie, total fucking pimp.

Not that there hasn't been a lot of action this season so far, but things are heating up fast.

Last edited by outsyder; 11-15-2010 at 02:32 AM..
Old 11-15-2010, 09:31 AM
Another awesome episode, expertly directed by Brad Anderson (Session 9, The Machinist). Boardwalk is about to surpass Deadwood as my favourite HBO show
Old 11-15-2010, 10:52 AM
Another phenomenal episode. I'm almost afraid to watch the next episode for fear of Nelson's reaction. I know this is becoming somewhat of a cliche, but next week's episode is going to be fucking nuts.

This show is just too fucking good. Anyone who isn't watching is seriously missing out.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Man I loved the fuck out of evey minute of that episode, so many things I didn't see coming...I'm hoping the finale is fucking movie length!

Loved Jimmy at the start laying down the groudn rules for Nucky...awesome to hear Harrow's coming to Atlantic City baby!

Bring on fucking next week already!
Old 11-15-2010, 06:44 PM
Eddie is a beast!
Old 11-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Haha yeah Eddie is the man.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:42 PM
I love it when Nucky is ready to leave, Eddie is always at the bar with some chic! He is the man!
Old 11-15-2010, 07:47 PM
Nucky should stop cock blocking him and just wait a little longer for Eddie to get his groove on.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:00 AM
Anybody else suspect that Jimmy's father is Commodore Kaestner? I've been getting that vibe and the last episode almost seemed to confirm it.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:26 AM
He's his mentor, not father. Although I think it's fair to say he's more of his adoptive father, given Nucky's relationship to his real one.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:02 AM
No, I know that. I'm talking about Jimmy Darmody, not Nucky. Jimmy talked about his dad this episode in the present tense meaning he's alive and he implied his father can get him out of jail meaning he must have more pull than Nucky in some way... then a scene or two later, it cuts to Nucky meeting with the Commodore. It's never said outright but I feel like it's the only possible character who could fit the bill... unless it's WARREN G. HARDING himself! haha, I doubt that though.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:10 AM
Heh. Disregard that. For some reason I read it as "Nucky's father" not Jimmy's. My mistake.