Old 08-19-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
Season 2 premiere is set for September 25th!
Can't wait. Just saw another promo for Season 2 and it got me so pumped!
Old 08-26-2011, 12:41 PM

New trailer. Looks pretty awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW6XH...&feature=feedu
Old 08-26-2011, 01:41 PM
"Heads will roll, gentlemen."

Absolutely cannot wait for this.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:37 PM
One week from Sunday, schmoes.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:17 PM
PUMPED. Fact.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:00 PM
Staying away from the promos and trailers is killing me. I cannot fooking wait for next Sunday. Gotta watch season one this week to get myself fresh.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Just had it pointed out from the Boardwalk Empire page on FB that the show is nominated for 18 Emmys. Could they perhaps unseat Mad Men as Best Drama?
Old 09-18-2011, 06:34 PM
I'm hoping for Game of Thrones for Best Drama but Boardwalk's my second choice.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:42 PM
Everyone ready for 3 weeks of Boardwalk Empire and Breaking Bad back-to-back?

2 days
Old 09-25-2011, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Everyone ready for 3 weeks of Boardwalk Empire and Breaking Bad back-to-back?
I.....I........I'm not WORTHY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh838r43f4k

Tonight, it goes down.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
Old 09-25-2011, 07:18 PM
I want one thing this year

Dead Klansmen.

The more the better.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:26 AM
Great premiere. Michael Shannon is a beast.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Great premiere. Michael Shannon is a beast.
This.

Did nobody else watch it? For fucks sake, this shit makes Mad Men look like The Dick Van Dyke Show.

Long live Nucky Thompson!
Old 09-26-2011, 02:15 PM
It was a decent premiere, and outside of Van Alden bringing his wife to town, it seemed to be more about setting the tone of things to come from the basic ideas that were established at the end of last season.

Although I am very interested in what will be done with George Remus since AV Club encouraged me to Google him. I was fairly intrigued with what I read.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Also, fuckin' Jimmy's mom...
Spoiler:
You used to do what?!

If they don't get into some Oedipus shit this season, I'll be very surprised.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:48 PM
A solid premiere indeed, and I definitely echo your sentiments regarding Jimmy's mom Smiert.....awkward silence indeed.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Van Alden and his wife deserve each other.

Looks like Nelson Jr will be emerging to take his daily ass beating before too long.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Brilliant season opener, this season looks like it could even be better than the first.

And wow, that opening shootout!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:28 PM

Such a great episode. That opening was fantastic.
Like others mentioned, Shannon is a boss.

I do hope to see more of Al Capone as the season rolls on though.

Anyways, should be a great season.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:02 PM
A very enjoyable opener. I hope they don't regulate Chalkie to the sidelines as I really like his character and Michael K. Williams always owns every scene he's in.

But yeah, solid episode. Sets the tone for the season, and I'm very curious to see just how far Van Alden is going to unravel. Last season, he drowned his own partner while Baptizing him.

Last edited by Cop No. 633; 09-28-2011 at 07:04 PM..
Old 10-03-2011, 01:42 AM
Now that fool is wishing he had stayed in Baltimore.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:36 PM
633, I think Chalkie will play a bigger role than he did last season if the first two episodes are anything to go by.

Man, I love the characters in this show, particularly Chalkie and Jimmy...missed Van Alden and Harrow in this episode though
Old 10-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Yeah, i kind of expected Harrow to have a bigger role considering Jimmy was in New York.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Chalky White > Omar Little

Yeah, I said it.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:12 AM
I'm not going that far but Michael is making him into a terrific second major character on his resumé, like Idris is with John Luther.

The way that whole thing fell into place, the look on that guy's face when he realized how badly he'd misread the situation...it was sublime.

I bet if he gets back to Baltimore under his own power, he becomes Cheese's grandfather...

Old 10-06-2011, 06:43 AM
Great episode. Absolutely loved the build up and pay off between Chalky and that lippy cellmate. Oh, and any episode where Jimmy uses that knife is an instant classic.

Also dug the glimpse into Lansky's seedy little den of sin. Will be very interesting to see how the Luciano, Lanksy and Darmody triangle plays against Rothstein especially considering how Lucky and Jimmy kinda despise yet respect each other.

Can't wait to see Capone head to Atlantic City to give Nucky some bad news.

This show dominates all...
Old 10-09-2011, 03:55 PM
You know, from being lukewarm on the first season to where I'm at now, I'm not entirely sure where the change came but this is easily one of my favorite shows currently airing. These past two episodes have been fantastic and just go to show that there isn't a single bad character in this show (except for Jimmy's wife, but even she's not too bad). In many ways, this show feels like a spiritual successor to Deadwood (another of my favorites), and I can't wait to see how this season pans out. Between the third episode of this and the season finale of Breaking Bad, it's gonna' be a damn good night of television.

On a side-note, somebody at HBO needs to be fucking fired for not having the first season of this show out on DVD/Blu-Ray before the second season aired. Viewership might have actually been up instead of down. Makes zero sense.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Fantastic first two episodes. This season looks money.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:00 AM
Just watched episode 3....loved the dinner scene!

But...next week's preview...William Forsythe?!?!
Old 10-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Yep that dinner scene was excellent.

I'm addicted to the characters on this show.

Something tells me Jimmy's going to be back with Nucky pretty soon.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:39 AM
I have to say, Kelly MacDonald might be my favorite actor on this show. She's just so damn good in every scene. She not only saved Nucky's life in the last episode, but she also put him on check in his own house when she told the maid to leave the bottle. Kelly and the writers have really developed Margaret into a fascinating character.

I think you might be right Hucksta. I think Jimmy might come to his senses. Maybe he's just playing the Son role with his father for now until he can take him out of the equation.

I also think my favorite subplot in this episode was actually Lucy's. It was very sad, and they did a great job at showing how isolated she was from the world. And I was actually fearing for the worst when she was at the staircase.... And then to just see that insanity drift away just because of the music. That was probably my favorite moment in the episode. Showed that while Nelson is insane, he still has a little portion of his heart intact... But he's still nuts.

Last edited by Cop No. 633; 10-12-2011 at 02:42 AM..
Old 10-12-2011, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck Bond View Post
But...next week's preview...William Forsythe?!?!
Talk about a dude who was born to be on this show...

I was smiling for an hour after that preview ran.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop No. 633 View Post
I have to say, Kelly MacDonald might be my favorite actor on this show. She's just so damn good in every scene. She not only saved Nucky's life in the last episode, but she also put him on check in his own house when she told the maid to leave the bottle. Kelly and the writers have really developed Margaret into a fascinating character.

I think you might be right Hucksta. I think Jimmy might come to his senses. Maybe he's just playing the Son role with his father for now until he can take him out of the equation.

I also think my favorite subplot in this episode was actually Lucy's. It was very sad, and they did a great job at showing how isolated she was from the world. And I was actually fearing for the worst when she was at the staircase.... And then to just see that insanity drift away just because of the music. That was probably my favorite moment in the episode. Showed that while Nelson is insane, he still has a little portion of his heart intact... But he's still nuts.
Agree with everything that you said.

Also Season 3 has been greenlit, yes!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:14 PM
Oh Eddie, you sing like an angel.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:29 AM
I think Van Alden might be hooked up with the wrong hoochie. He and Jimmy's mom seem to have similar tastes and hobbies.

Give Chalkie his damn beans and rice already!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Jimmy's mom = awesomely crazy.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:19 PM
So does this sort of confirm now that she was really the one that poisoned him?
Old 10-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
So does this sort of confirm now that she was really the one that poisoned him?
I don't think so. The housekeeper seemed to admit quite blatantly that she was the one slowly killing him. Gillian's motives are consistently about furthering Jimmy's ambitions and goals which would run counter to the Commodore dying as he is the one who is grooming Jimmy.

I think her love for her son induces a perma state of happy calm that belies her actual feelings of pain and hate. She has probably wanted to slap the shit out of the prick for years and years.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by docholiday_13 View Post
She has probably wanted to slap the shit out of the prick for years and years.
Absolutely. He'll be lucky if he doesn't end up with something thick and blunt shoved up his ass.