Old 09-07-2009, 05:53 AM
Schmoes in real life

I know some of you have met, or personally know, fellow schmoes out there in the real world. Share your experiences/relationships here.

Also, are there any schmoes out there that you particularly want to meet?

While I'm at it, I'm going to establish an official schmoe meet. Everyone, tomorrow, 7pm (Central US time), Lincoln, Nebraska. See you there.

As for me... I met revered schmoe.... hell, all-out JoBlo forum legend QUENTIN last week. I guess he's alright, if you're into the whole complete douchebag/internet loser stereotype thing. We knew we were off to a rough start when he forgot his inhaler, but then there was that whole couldn't be in the sunlight thing. On top of all that, there was an episode involving him fainting when a girl offered to help him when he was struggling with his leg braces. Right, Quent?
Old 09-07-2009, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicochetShaw View Post
I met revered schmoe.... hell, all-out JoBlo forum legend QUENTIN last week. I guess he's alright, if you're into the whole complete douchebag/internet loser stereotype thing. We knew we were off to a rough start when he forgot his inhaler, but then there was that whole couldn't be in the sunlight thing. On top of all that, there was an episode involving him fainting when a girl offered to help him when he was struggling with his leg braces. Right, Quent?
He sounds sooooooo cooool. I think I would barf on the spot if I met him.

Superplasmatron and I met Tai Mai Jew when he was working on an ELO gig. It was pretty surreal, but nice. He wore a crazy cat lady/'Nana' jumper and spoke like John Wayne...kinda.

I would like to meet many schmoes...my main man Cosimo Cubs so I could hook him up with some geriatric snatch! CosmicPuppet, BubbaStrangelove, Reigh Kaufman, Quentin, bowieee (I miss him) and more. someguy so I could rub his head with my knuckles and boast about it around the boards. A lot of you guys would like a piece of that pie huh?

I would like to meet you too RicochetShaw...if I had access to the Delorian I would defo meet you when your 'tache was in full bloom.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:09 AM
Haven't met anyone.
I'm remotely located, in regards to other Schmoes.
Most of the Schmoes that know me and might want to meet me are in the middle of the U.S. or overseas.

I'm not that impressive in person though.
My internet persona is far cooler.

Kinda like the Wizard in "The Wizard of Oz".

I'd like to meet all of the Schmoes on my friends list.
Shake a hand, say hello, and give them each an origami swan that I hand folded.
It's Rusty's way of staying with you even after we've parted.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRazor View Post
Haven't met anyone.
I'm remotely located, in regards to other Schmoes.
Most of the Schmoes that know me and might want to meet me are in the middle of the U.S. or overseas.

I'm not that impressive in person though.
My internet persona is far cooler.

Kinda like the Wizard in "The Wizard of Oz".

I'd like to meet all of the Schmoes on my friends list.
Shake a hand, say hello, and give them each an origami swan that I hand folded.
It's Rusty's way of staying with you even after we've parted.
Is origami swan code for Herpes? ... that you hand folded. I personally would like to meet the people who work on projects that are connected to the Weinstein company, and force a pile of screenplays on them. I`m unselfish like that...

Last edited by Imsomuchbetter; 09-07-2009 at 10:20 AM..
Old 09-07-2009, 12:17 PM
One of the first schmoes on the forum back in the real early days, like summer 2000, was a guy who went by "The Nuke." After talking movies for a couple of months online, he mentioned going to see something at the "Wehrenberg 15" and I thought he must be fucking with me, as we'd never discussed where we lived, but that was the theater I always went to to see movies. Turns out we lived like ten minutes from each other and, even stranger, ended up coincidentally going to the same small high school. He stopped posting after only a couple months here, but we've stayed good friends to this day.

I met JoBlo and The Arrow and I think another schmoe when I was like 12 or 13 at the San Diego Comic Con. They were both good dudes, funny, knew their movies, and willing to shoot the shit with basically a little kid for a few hours, and I seem to recall Arrow getting my underage ass a couple drinks (good man!).

When I was in Prague, I met another film student who was telling me about the studentfilms boards so I told him to check out JoBlo's filmmaking forum and apparently he was already a schmoe here, not one I'd heard of or remembered coming across, but it was still strange that he'd been here and knew who "QUENTIN" was.

Then this weekend Ricochet was visiting Austin and I had the pleasure of meeing him. What a total dreamboat. He was swarthy and strapping, wore a leather jacket and came in on a motorcycle, it was like seeing Fonzie in real life, except for the assless chaps. He's a super rad dude, but beware, you can't look him directly in the eyes.

It actually is bizarre, not just putting a face to a name, but saying the names of schmoes out loud and discussing this place as though its tangible. I guess I'd like to meet anyone I've had a good conversation with here, particularly old timers or those I've spoken to online but off-board. I'd especially like to buy Bubba a drink, or a life-size Tubbs action figure or something, for cracking me up more than about 95% of people I know in real-life.

By the way, thanks Ric for not mentioning the whole premature ejaculation incident or my crippling leprosy, you're a real pal.

Last edited by QUENTIN; 09-07-2009 at 12:31 PM..
Old 09-07-2009, 01:00 PM
I hate all of you, and were we to meet in real life, you'd all be the recipient of a vicious haymaker. That's not a threat. That's a promise.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:10 PM
After seeing some Schmoes faces in another thread, I would think twice before I met up anyone here. I take those pictures as a warning.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger^Cart View Post
I hate all of you, and were we to meet in real life, you'd all be the recipient of a vicious haymaker. That's not a threat. That's a promise.
Oh dear... Remind me never to go to your part of the state again.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUENTIN View Post
it was like seeing Fonzie in real life, except for the assless chaps. He's a super rad dude, but beware, you can't look him directly in the eyes.
So you didn't see that one Happy Days episode when Potsie took the boys to The Bearded Clam?

You missed out scratchy.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
Oh dear... Remind me never to go to your part of the state again.
Cuz that's MY turf. Respek.

Seriously though, we should arrange to meet at a comic shop or movie or something and shoot the shit, Tweek. Not for like, the next 3 weeks though. I'm completely swamped with...important, very important documents.

I'd really like to hang out with Bubba sometime and hit on his wife. Quentin seems like he'd argue with me about everything, and I like that. I just want to fight Tai Mai Jew so bad. Ricochet is like a big teddy bear, so naturally I want to snuggle with him. Zombie would either make an awesome wingman or a really shitty one, I haven't decided yet. Rambo seems chill, as most people from NorCal are. I'm pretty sure Reigh and I are soulmates. Not sure if he's aware of that yet, though.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:02 PM

John Galt and I actually share an apartment together.

I would love to meet a lot of the schmoes on here. Screamer and Smiert Spionam would be especially cool to meet, smoke with and then tear up the town (hide your daughters).

Wouldnt mind meeting Lindsey either.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Two years back, I spent a few days at Countchocula's house. At the time, I was feeling pretty ill due to still unresolved health issues, but he and I had a blast. Watched some old monster movies, partook in some nice Rifftrax, and to top it all off, the dude took me to my first strip club.

The man's room is a horror fan's DREAM.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
John Galt and I actually share an apartment together.
Suddenly it all makes sense...
Old 09-07-2009, 03:35 PM
I've spoken with Lady Version on the phone and arranged to meet pychocandy at T in the park but it never happened. I have three Schmoes on my Facebook, so they would most definitely be invited to my home, but the fact is that I'd hang out with all the people on my friends list - including the ones who have yet to give me an add (Tai Mai Jew -looking at you, bud). Tweek is a great person, as is Linds.

I'd also have QUENTIN, someguy, The Heart Collector, Nuclear Misfit, Jon Lyrik, john_rambo, Adam J., countchocula (another person who has ignored me!), and a whole bunch of others who I love to see here. (If your name is not here, I will come back and add you when I have more time. Promise).

I think myself, Bubba, Lady Version and superplasmatron, Paul Calf, Ric Shaw, electriclite, Pyschocandy, bowieeee, QUENTIN, someguy and Jon Lyrik go back a long way, along with Adam J and count.

Danger Cart for the sex, though. Definitely.

Old 09-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Hakari and I are facebook friends and frequent texters/callers. One day we shall met and it shall be epic.

Broudeur and I are pretty much best friends.

That's it.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigh Kaufman View Post
(If your name is not here, I will come back and add you when I have more time. Promise).
My name is not there. I thought we were like brothers, man.

Brothers.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:56 PM
double post
Old 09-07-2009, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post
Cosimo Cubs so I could hook him up with some geriatric snatch!
? what the

anything she might say about me and my love for the old timers (60+) is a mere fabrication

neuts!
Old 09-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Nobody has mentioned my name.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Quote:

Danger Cart for the sex, though. Definitely.

That whore gets around.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
Nobody has mentioned my name.
Heisenberg!
Old 09-07-2009, 04:52 PM
It's a shame that James Logan no longer posts here, but we've been chatting over msn for several years. We're yet to meet, but keep meaning to get around to it.

I've only met one schmoe, Psychocandy, who is an excellent guy. We went to a Star Wars exhibition in London, and spent a few hours wandering round Soho's record shops. Good times. We also still speak over messenger.

I'd love to meet some of the longer serving schmoes; folks like Natty, Tweek, QUENTIN, BCV, Reigh Kaufman, Monotreme. Honestly though, any schmoe who is going to be in London, feel free to drop me a line and I'm sure I can at least find time for a drink.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Lets see:

I used to talk to NuclearMisfit all the time on XBOX Live but that doesn't happen so much anymore.

I talked to G1nger every once in a while online.

And I've recently been talking to Danger^Cart a lot online. Also talk to TagiaRomero every now and again. Same with Tweek actually. Though usually she's too good for me. All three of whom I really enjoy talking to.

Other than that, I talk to X-Nightcrawler online just about every single day. He's become a very good friend. I shall meet up with him someday (same with the aforementioned few.)

There's also some that I wish I did talk to more outside the boards but I won't name them just in case they're reading this and thinking "I hate that fucking prick!"

Last edited by zombievictim; 09-07-2009 at 05:09 PM..
Old 09-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Yea, I've got shout outs! There are many Schmoes I would like to meet. For example, john_rambo so I can give him a wedgie...Cosimo so I can find out if he talks like he posts...Reigh Kaufman 'cause he's the bee's knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger^Cart View Post
Cuz that's MY turf. Respek.
Oh, I'm soooo respek-ful!

Quote:
Seriously though, we should arrange to meet at a comic shop or movie or something and shoot the shit, Tweek. Not for like, the next 3 weeks though. I'm completely swamped with...important, very important documents.
Yes, that can be arranged...

Documents, eh?

Last edited by Tweek; 09-07-2009 at 05:10 PM..
Old 09-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Schmoes I'd love to meet in no particular order:
BubbaStrangelove
Countchocula
Reigh Kaufman
X-Nightcrawler
Gingersnapped
ZombieVictim
Tweek
John Rambo
Jon Lyric
Monotreme
Mister Twister
TeenKiller
JJFlamingo
Danger^Cart
BigRed
God of War
FireCaptain4
Elder Predator
RustyRazor
BadCoverVersion
Smiert Spiomen

The rest of ya can fuck off!

Last edited by poopontheshoes7; 09-07-2009 at 07:47 PM..
Old 09-07-2009, 05:49 PM
BlownCamaro
John Galt
Abbie Normal
a7xfan
Orson Cockart
Beeblebrox

I hope to meet you all someday we have such great conversations I love you!!!
Old 09-07-2009, 05:50 PM
someguy, you're forgetting JJ.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Nah, he's an asshole
Old 09-07-2009, 06:05 PM
I know I'm not as well known on these boards, but I skim through a lot of threads without posting and see that so many of you share my taste in cinema. It would be awesome to at least talk to some of you a bit more, as film is a passion of mine and I have a hard time meeting people in person who love to talk about these things like I do.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Been posting here a good few months now, been reading the board for a good few years. From my 'experience' These are the schmoes that I Hope to KILL Ahem...Meet someday.

Gingersnapped
Countchocula
Reigh Kaufman
BadCoverVersion
BubbaStrangelove
ZombieVictim
Heisenberg
Tweek
Smiert Spionam
MistahBlistah
Pentangeli
Cosimo
Danger^Cart
LordSimen
Natty
PoopOnTheShoes
SAI
Heisenberg
Old 09-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Quote:
countchocula (another person who has ignored me!)
It's nothing personal. I never use MyJoBlo, and I deleted my Facebook awhile back. Do you do MySpace?

Thanks for the shout-outs, guys. If any of you cats are in North Carolina, let me know. In addition to Adam, I've also hung out with Dignan (he rarely posts) and PackBacker. The only reason I still post here is because I enjoy fraternizing with everyone.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Used to post more often several years ago. Back then I enjoyed conversing with DaveyJoeG, Ricochet Shaw, Tagia Romero, BadCoverVersion (on MSN occasionally), Jerk Shapiro, Annie Hall (who no longer posts) and flowrchild.

Aside from that I haven't spoken with the other schmoes though I have enjoyed reading the posts of Hakari, countchocula, someguy, outsyder, Reigh Kaufman, BubbaStrangelove, THC, among others. Great site and while I don't post...well hardly ever I guess...I still visit almost each and every day just to spy on all you bastards.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Interesting. I was wondering what happened to Annie Hall.

Also, Brando's Ass Fat would be cool to kick it with. Best Username on here.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:22 PM
I talk to john_rambo pretty frequently, but I talk to CanadianJosh just aboot every day. We've actually become fairly good friends and I bet at some point at our life, will meet.
Either at VFS, or a trip to Canada
Old 09-07-2009, 09:07 PM
I think Echo, Quent, Bubba, and BCV would be sweet to hang out with.

As for my fellow MI schmoes, (Labia and Zombie) we need to hit the town, asap.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R View Post
flowrchild.

I miss her. We stayed in touch for a little while, but it's been at least 5 years since I have heard anything from her.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Joblo
Arrow
KillahMyers (me and him have some great conversations on xbox live)
Lindsey
LadyCoverVersion
ZombieVictim
The Great Jimmy O

The site is too big actually to make a list, Id love to meet everyone actually maybe have a beer and watch movies with.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:14 AM
Everybody hates me. Nobody wants to meet me...

:::cries profusely in corner:::

Actually, I would like to buy zombievictim a drink for his glorious picture with Sir. Daniel Tosh.

Bubba because he makes sense of everything and is a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus.

someguy because he's a hilarious asshole.

Lindsey because she's Lindsey

Tweek because she's pretty cool....I guess.

Reigh because of some reason.

Rant because he writes up some of the most descriptive and best reviews I've ever read in my life.

Johnny Moreno because he lives in Chicago.

Bake because he lives in Chicago.

THC so we can have a pint and punch each other.

Joblo so I can shake his hand, buy him a beer, and offer him a bag of chips.

And if there's anyone I missed, it's for good reason ().

In fact, a fellow schmoe who never posts (here4dabeer)...we're best friends and I was the best man at his wedding.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:25 AM
Haha well Clever Guy, you belong to the group last group of people in my post.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the clever guy View Post
Joblo so I can shake his hand, buy him a beer, and offer him a bag of chips.
OMG! You lot crack me up. My list is too long.

But there's lots of peepz on here I'd love to meet n chat n stuff. Some of them in no order as follows;

Tagia, Rusty, Bubba, Reigh, Brendan, FireCaptain, Danger-Cart, Cronos, ElderPredator, Berge (jo), Pooponmyshoes, Yorrick, Tweek, Lordsimon, zombievictim, supermarcy and lots more. Dont feel left out if I didnt post your name here. I'm still thinkin' of ya

Last edited by God of War; 09-08-2009 at 12:49 AM..