#1  
Old 10-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Blogs

Does anyone here have a blog? If so, share! I just started one that I'm very happy with. It would be super rad if you checked it out or "followed" me. We can all "follow" each other.

http://rrincorporated.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-10-2009, 04:04 AM
I started this one in December last year. It's looking pretty good now, I think.
24 Frames Per Second
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-10-2009, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countchocula View Post
Does anyone here have a blog? If so, share! I just started one that I'm very happy with. It would be super rad if you checked it out or "followed" me. We can all "follow" each other.

http://rrincorporated.blogspot.com/
Nice reviews Count. Suffocation are Death legends IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-10-2009, 04:33 AM
Nice blogs! Checking them out now.

Mine is http://marceyness.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Thanks, all. Marcey, your blog kicks ass! It makes my blog look like a starving child.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-10-2009, 07:15 PM
SAI, how do I follow your blog? I couldn't find the thing.

I'm new to this shit.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-10-2009, 09:23 PM
http://redeyereport.blogspot.com

Started this last week as a hub for my various horror-related writings. I'm in the midst of a movie-a-day marathon for all of October that I'm chronicling there, as well.

Be kind.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-11-2009, 04:14 AM
I've followed everyones blogs, they are all great. Thanks for the compliments countchocula! If you want to follow a blogspot blog, go to your Dashboard and you should be able to find a button there where you can follow blogs, you copy and paste the link.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-11-2009, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMarcey View Post
I've followed everyones blogs, they are all great. Thanks for the compliments countchocula! If you want to follow a blogspot blog, go to your Dashboard and you should be able to find a button there where you can follow blogs, you copy and paste the link.
That will work, indeed, but I have to say I hadn't realised that I'd made it such a pain. I'm trying to get a button to put in the sidebar.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-11-2009, 04:46 AM
Hey, you all have cool blogs. Can I add them to my blog please in my links?

I got marcy, spacemonkey, hoep he dont mind. And Tagia

Here be my crappy blog. most of it's empty

Movie Gifs Online

Last edited by God of War; 10-11-2009 at 04:54 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-11-2009, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
Hey, you all have cool blogs. Can I add them to my blog please in my links?
Of course you can.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-11-2009, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAI View Post
That will work, indeed, but I have to say I hadn't realised that I'd made it such a pain. I'm trying to get a button to put in the sidebar.
It was automatically at the top of mine I believe. I told God of War it took me like a year and a half of having blogspot that I worked out how to follow blogs on there lol I feel like such a fool now hahaha!

I just added my new podcast to my blog, me and TerrorAustralis pretty much talk the shit with the worst remakes. Good fun I must say!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-11-2009, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMarcey View Post
It was automatically at the top of mine I believe.
I think that's the case with all standard blogger templates. I use a custom, because it looks better and allows me to use larger pictures.

Just writing this week's Movie of the week post, another horror double for Halloween, look for it soon.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-11-2009, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAI View Post
I think that's the case with all standard blogger templates. I use a custom, because it looks better and allows me to use larger pictures.

Just writing this week's Movie of the week post, another horror double for Halloween, look for it soon.
Yeah the template I settled on has it all there, but I like the way I have it set up. It allows me enough room for my posts and then all my side columns believe me it took forever to finally decide on a layout and stuff hehe

Oh nice, I'll keep an eye out for that post!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-13-2009, 06:34 AM
My plan is to start an entertainment blog as soon as I've moved house (in just under 2 weeks time). We will have the Mac in one of the front rooms by then and it will be nice to work on a lovely, big computer all shiny and new. My boyfriend also tells me that I have an Apple e-mail account and some web space to boot...so it'll be fun getting to grips with it all (and neglecting my well worn laptop for a bit).

I plan on focusing of film, past and present...looking at favourite actors and directors on occasion. I'd also like to incorporate music reviews and maybe some small bits about fashion, food, art and books.

I've started constructing a few general posts and I'm hoping to develop my writing skills as the project expands and grows. Now I just have to think of a name and maybe get cracking on a wee bit of design.

I'm really enjoying what I've read of all yer blogs...

Count, loving your work so far...even though the review subjects aren't necessarily my usual 'cuppa', you have definitely captured my interest...and your posts are wordy without being overlong or meandering. There's a lot of substance there and tonnes of fun too. That Cherry Dr. P post is right on the fucking money. I'm not a big fan of that particular fizzy medicine but if it doesn't ALREADY taste intensely of cherry then my taste buds must be on the fritz too.

SAI, your writing style is great, it flows really well and the films you review and the subjects you discuss always interest me...it's incredibly comprehensive and well thought out. I also like your simple layout, colour scheme and - I think this is a hugely important one - the TITLE of your blog. Btw, have you reviewed any more MOH episodes because I couldn't find any? I would be intrigued to read your thoughts on Cigarette Burns, Jenifer and Imprint.

SuperMarcey...your blog has a real easygoing, playful vibe...the "Awesome film posters of the day" are all very well selected and retro-cool. My day is usually chockfull of baby nonsense and domestic drudgery (ha ha) so I have only listened to one of your podcasts...I enjoyed the banter and the subject matter and the laidback, friendly feel it had.

Hakari, God of War...I shall return with my insignificant opinion very soon...oh and I'm definitely going to start following all your blogs as soon as I get my new Mac e-mail set up and all that. Keep up the good work kids!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-13-2009, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post

SuperMarcey...your blog has a real easygoing, playful vibe...the "Awesome film posters of the day" are all very well selected and retro-cool. My day is usually chockfull of baby nonsense and domestic drudgery (ha ha) so I have only listened to one of your podcasts...I enjoyed the banter and the subject matter and the laidback, friendly feel it had.
Thanks alot for that feedback, it is very much appreciated! I would have more on my blog (more reviews) but time has been so limited, but hopefully in the next few weeks I will be able to get more on there. Thanks for checking out the podcast, glad to hear you liked it

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with when you move and get settled. Keep us in the loop!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-13-2009, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post
SAI, your writing style is great, it flows really well and the films you review and the subjects you discuss always interest me...it's incredibly comprehensive and well thought out. I also like your simple layout, colour scheme and - I think this is a hugely important one - the TITLE of your blog. Btw, have you reviewed any more MOH episodes because I couldn't find any? I would be intrigued to read your thoughts on Cigarette Burns, Jenifer and Imprint.
First of all, thanks. It's always nice to hear that people are appreciating the site. The simple layout has really come about because I lack the skills to do anything else, but hey, it seems to work. I haven't blogged on any other MOH episodes (I really must get around to a weekly set of mini-reviews, so I can cover everything), but I'm probably going to pick uup the second S1 box when I'm in London on Friday (assuming it's still in CEX) so, hopefully, I'll have thoughts on Imprint and Jenifer for you soon.

By the way, look out for coverage of the London Film Festival starting on Saturday. I'm seeing 9 films this year including Enter the Void, Mother and Air Doll.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-13-2009, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAI View Post
First of all, thanks. It's always nice to hear that people are appreciating the site. The simple layout has really come about because I lack the skills to do anything else, but hey, it seems to work. I haven't blogged on any other MOH episodes (I really must get around to a weekly set of mini-reviews, so I can cover everything), but I'm probably going to pick uup the second S1 box when I'm in London on Friday (assuming it's still in CEX) so, hopefully, I'll have thoughts on Imprint and Jenifer for you soon.

By the way, look out for coverage of the London Film Festival starting on Saturday. I'm seeing 9 films this year including Enter the Void, Mother and Air Doll.
Cool. I'll check back every couple of days or so. There's loads of other reviews on there I'm interested in reading...I should really take the time to throw a few comments your way as well.

Hey you might want to pick up an extra large pillow for Imprint...for wincing purposes only. I thought Jenifer was great, but it made me feel slightly nauseous...and Cigarette Burns was possibly my favourite story of the lot.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAI View Post
First of all, thanks. It's always nice to hear that people are appreciating the site. The simple layout has really come about because I lack the skills to do anything else, but hey, it seems to work. I haven't blogged on any other MOH episodes (I really must get around to a weekly set of mini-reviews, so I can cover everything), but I'm probably going to pick uup the second S1 box when I'm in London on Friday (assuming it's still in CEX) so, hopefully, I'll have thoughts on Imprint and Jenifer for you soon.
I went through both seasons a while back and was pretty disappointed in the second. Season 1 had a lot of pretty good episodes, and while 2 had a great one or two, there were more that were really bleh.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-13-2009, 02:05 PM
yougotsomeredonyou.blogspot.com

but I haven't updated it since like march.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-14-2009, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post
Cigarette Burns was possibly my favourite story of the lot.
I really loved that actually, I was quite surprised by how fantastic it turned out to be, loved the story, I was thinking about it for days.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the compliments, BCV. Definitely let me know when you have a blog up and running. I've always loved your writing style.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Bump! I changed my blog around a bit. It's even more badass, if you can fathom it.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-18-2009, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countchocula View Post
Bump! I changed my blog around a bit. It's even more badass, if you can fathom it.
Count, I like the content of your blog. It's well written and the subjects are nicely out of left field. I do find it a bit of a pain to read though. I'm not a big fan of your template - so much pink - but the real problem is that the type is (at least for me) absolutely miniscule. With my glasses I can read very small type, but I still have to squint to read your blog. So, for me, good content that could be better delivered. Just my two cents, man.

Also, I've updated my blog with my first two London Film Festival reviews, and later today I should have reviews of Dr Parnassus and Ong Bak 2 as well as another double bill Movie(s) of the week post.

Last edited by SAI; 10-18-2009 at 04:13 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-18-2009, 09:08 AM
The pink was overwhelming at first, but I adjusted. The text size is okay for me, but I can understand where SAI is coming from too.

I've managed to have a quick glance at your last few posts SAI, some good stuff there.

My blog will be updated tomorrow, I have a lot of Con stuff to write about as well as photos and all sorts.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-18-2009, 02:14 PM
You're right, SAI. I hate the pink; I just haven't figured out how to change the background colors (I hope to have it figured out very soon). Also, I'll use larger text from now on. Thanks for the feedback. See, this is why I love these boards. You can actually get constructive criticism on stuff.

Looking forward to the festival reviews.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countchocula View Post
You're right, SAI. I hate the pink; I just haven't figured out how to change the background colors (I hope to have it figured out very soon). Also, I'll use larger text from now on. Thanks for the feedback. See, this is why I love these boards. You can actually get constructive criticism on stuff.

Looking forward to the festival reviews.
Go to your 'layout' tab. There you will find tabs to pick a new template or change fonts and colours. You can also do a google search and find thousands of custom made templates.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-18-2009, 03:28 PM
I decided to roll up my sleeves and dive into the HTML. I think it looks better. Check out the new look. The green is a tad abrasive, but fuck it. I love neon green.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Hey thats much better, it has a Re-Animator feel to it
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-18-2009, 07:50 PM
I know that I'm getting annoying, but I promise this is the last time I'll promote my blog...for awhile.

I'm on a roll. I've posted two entries today (a b-movie review and a beverage review). Man, I'm tired of typing.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 10-18-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm too lazy to blog.

The closest I come to blogging is going to work and shouting out random musings and pieces of trivia at anyone nearby. Usually these people are complete strangers and non-subscribers.

That, and then there's JoBlo.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-19-2009, 07:32 AM
I've updated my blog tonight, I got 3 new posters up to cover my 4 days away. I got a write up with some photos of the Convention I attended this weekend and my new podcast is up and running and my guest is one of the AITH guys Pat Torfe
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Working on The Complete Nightmare on Elm Street which, with a bit of luck, should be up by the time I go to bed. More LFF reviews on Wednesday.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-19-2009, 04:58 PM
I want to pick up that collection, I wonder if Amazon still has it on special? I'll be sure to check out your blog later for that.


Edit: I've just posted a shameless promotion on my blog with most of your links on there hopefully you will get more traffic!

Last edited by SuperMarcey; 10-20-2009 at 05:53 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Just picked up Masters of Horror S1, V2. I'll have mini-reviews of all the episodes not yet covered during The Long Halloween.

By the way, cheers Marcey.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-20-2009, 05:50 PM
Yes, cheers to Marcey! We're kind of a blog network, the three of us.

My favorite MOH episode is "Sick Girl."
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Most welcome

I managed to get some videos up on my blog, but damn it takes so long to upload to youtube, hopefully I can get another few up tonight.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Yeah, YouTube is a pain in the cock. At least it offers cool stuff to watch like...oh, I don't know...the trailer for the 1998 remake of Godzilla.

Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCaptain4 View Post
I'm too lazy to blog.

The closest I come to blogging is going to work and shouting out random musings and pieces of trivia at anyone nearby. Usually these people are complete strangers and non-subscribers.

That, and then there's JoBlo.
Hey, I'm the lazy one here, dude..lol

You're reviews are GREAT. You really should consider a Blog, man. My only regret is that I never knew about them until a few months ago. Or else I'd be well established with mine by now. Ah well, better late then never, so they say.

So please consider making one, dude. Then I can add you to my links list as well
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
You really should consider a Blog, man. My only regret is that I never knew about them until a few months ago. Or else I'd be well established with mine by now. Ah well, better late then never, so they say.

So please consider making one, dude. Then I can add you to my links list as well
I am after reading your post and visiting fellow schmoe blogs. It seems like a lot of fun, I'm just not sure where to begin. I also haven't even garnered up the courage to make an msn account yet. I'll look into this weekend (the blog thing, probably not msn) and try to come up with something. Thanks for the positive reinforcement, dude; my main concern upon making one would be that barely anybody would be interested. Most of my physical friends and family aren't concerned with movie reviews or (as with my parents/grandparents/aunts and uncles) don't even know how to use the internet.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump