Old 11-25-2009, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DareDevil View Post
Cant believe it took me this long to find this thread, I'm pretty high right now, here i'll take a pic of the ish i'm smoking right now, its GRRREAT!

It's cool that so many ppl dont smoke but are still down with the cause

also who ever said an 8th was $70... you need to make new contacts, thats ridiculous!
Man, I think we've been smoking the same shit. I've been getting that for the past couple months. Very good stuff.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaStrangelove View Post
On the note of methods of getting high --- I'm a huge fan of the vaporizers. Not the pipes but the machines, like the Volcano. I've never gotten so ripped, and I think part of it is that you don't realize how much you are smoking because of the absence of smoke, and the fact that you are inhaling nothing but THC. I highly, highly recommend getting one, and if you can't afford it, find a friend with one.
Word, I had the distinct pleasure of partaking in one of these once. Good times ensued. This is definitely the ideal way of getting high, but it is definitely costly.

Quote:
When I lived in Florida, we used to take cigarettes and run a hole long ways through a filter, then take a paper clips to pull out all the tobacco. So basically you'd have what looked like a one hitter made of paper, then we'd pack it full with like 70% weed and 30% tobacco that would mask the weed smell; so, you'd essentially have a joint that looked like a Camel Light or whatever your brand and burned down to a butt.
Haha yeah, I used to do that back in the day. It was convenient, but in Cincinnati, plenty of people of smoke or atleast know what it smells like, so I got called out a couple times by passers by or people nearby. Couldn't do anything but shrug. Also, the cigarette paper seemed to burn alot faster than the 'erb, which made me feel like I was almost wasting it to an extent. But yeah, it did the trick...

Quote:
It's actually been going on 2 months since I've last smoked, and this is the longest I've gone since 1995. The longest prior was 1 month toward the start of the year. Up until that I smoked all day every day with minor exceptions (like when I had to sit in all day meetings...) This was actually all prompted by a deal I made with myself about making the frivolous purchase of an HDTV. It's kind of cool, because I love having this TV, but I have to admit that this TV tastes likes shit and burns so badly that I've already ruined 3 pipes.
Ba-dum-chi!

Never the less, good luck with your sabbatical, sir. You're already past the hard part, which usually is the first two weeks. and then sometimes later after the first month, but its pretty much all good after that. Its pretty funny to me though to hear you say how much you used to smoke, 'cuz there were plenty of posts you've made that were either hilarious or ensightful where I've thought to myself "Man, I bet he has a joint in his hand right now" Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankpage View Post
Man, I think we've been smoking the same shit. I've been getting that for the past couple months. Very good stuff.
Word, I've heard Canada has AMAZING 'erb. I heard you guys have pretty much never heard of middies up there haha

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 11-26-2009 at 08:17 AM..
Old 11-26-2009, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
Word, I had the distinct pleasure of partaking in one of these once. Good times ensued. This is definitely the ideal way of getting high, but it is definitely costly.
I've sort of thought about way to try and make one using a soldering iron with temp select, but haven't really been motivated to look more into it. It seems like pretty simple technology.

Quote:
Haha yeah, I used to do that back in the day. It was convenient, but in Cincinnati, plenty of people of smoke or atleast know what it smells like, so I got called out a couple times by passers by or people nearby. Couldn't do anything by shrug. Also, the cigarette paper seemed to burn alot faster than the 'erb, which made me feel like I was almost wasting it to an extent. But yeah, it did the trick...
Not saying Cincinnati has it's fair share, but Florida is pretty rich in weed. I probably benefit from the fact that everyone who meets me always ends up surprised to find out I use, then much more at about how much. I've always gotten this information second hand from friends who know me well and think it's hilarious.

Quote:
Never the less, good luck with your sabbatical, sir. You're already past the hard part, which usually is the first two weeks. and then sometimes later after the first month, but its pretty much all good after that. Its pretty funny to me though to hear you say how much you used to smoke, 'cuz there were plenty of posts you've made that were either hilarious or ensightful where I've thought to myself "Man, I bet he has a joint in his hand [i]right now[i]" Haha
Ha, no doubt. I think I've run the spectrum of substances throughout my posts here. The funny thing is that growing up, before I ever used, people always thought I did. My mom and her, erm, suitors, were all big users, and I believe I developed my sense of humor by learning to entertain them, so basically I just learned drug humor from an early age. Actually when I started using, I began holding back, worried people would know what was up. Of course, in school, people thinking I smoke, I'm sure my clothes smelled like it. Ah, good ole' mom.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:26 AM
If you schmoes have any impressive or just cool glass peices please post pics, i have a bit of a passion for glass art and i would love to see any unique peices you guys might have...
Old 11-26-2009, 08:22 AM
Quote:
The funny thing is that growing up, before I ever used, people always thought I did. My mom and her, erm, suitors, were all big users, and I believe I developed my sense of humor by learning to entertain them, so basically I just learned drug humor from an early age. Actually when I started using, I began holding back, worried people would know what was up. Of course, in school, people thinking I smoke, I'm sure my clothes smelled like it. Ah, good ole' mom.
That's pretty hilarious. A good friend of mine from school who ended up being my roommate for awhile last year, he had the same situation in terms of people thinking he smoked when he didn't. Similarly, he had all the signs of being a pothedist, but reality, he hadn't even tried it yet. Now once senior year came around, that all changed, ofcourse, but I always thought that was pretty amusing. Funny to see it happen with someone else, though you've definitely got the much better explanation/backstory haha

Quote:
If you schmoes have any impressive or just cool glass peices please post pics, i have a bit of a passion for glass art and i would love to see any unique peices you guys might have...

Great suggestion, DD.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamer581 View Post
I used to smoke weed pretty much every day from age 18-20. Sadly, I started getting panic attacks pretty much every time I smoked, so I pretty much quit. ( I have probably smoked 5 times in the last 5 years...and I had to pop a xanax each time to even semi enjoy it).

I am very pro weed, it's just not for me anymore.
Pretty much the same story for me..I started smoking weed at about 15 and smoked a minimum of at least twice a day for over 10 years...Then out of no where I started getting panic attacks when I was out in public and decided to give the stuff up..I think the last time I actually got high was about 6 years ago..out of all the drugs people can do I really think the pot is the most harmless
Old 11-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Cant believe it took me this long to find this thread, I'm pretty high right now, here i'll take a pic of the ish i'm smoking right now, its GRRREAT!

It's cool that so many ppl dont smoke but are still down with the cause

also who ever said an 8th was $70... you need to make new contacts, thats ridiculous!
About 4 years ago anything that wasn't midgrade would sell for $45 an 8th at the most, regardless of how potent or exotic the strain was. Now, dank is so scarce that anything that isn't a generic strain runs anywhere from $60 to &70 an 8th and $120-130 a quarter. Down here in NC it has nothing to do with connects, because it's the same price everywhere, unless you're lucky enough to be friends with a top-level supplier.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:26 PM
Quote:

Word, I've heard Canada has AMAZING 'erb. I heard you guys have pretty much never heard of middies up there haha
That we do

I consider myself pretty lucky. In Ottawa, the stuff ranges from decent to pretty shitty. I live outside of the city, and close to a lot of towns that are only an hour away from Montreal. THAT's where the good stuff is.

But yes, personally...I had never heard of middies until just now, so what you've heard would be correct haha

And $120-130 for a QUARTER!? Holy shit. That's rough. Even during the summer when prices go up, the most I pay is $60, and it isn't generic.

Also...I'd post a pic of a most awesome bong that I owned, however it broke in September. It was a bong with a picture of Bob Marley and a bunch of peace signs all over. It was a beauty, but unfortunately a friend knocked it over and "Walter" (the name it was given) was smashed into pieces.

Last edited by blankpage; 11-26-2009 at 12:30 PM..
Old 11-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxManShoes View Post
Now, dank is so scarce that anything that isn't a generic strain runs anywhere from $60 to &70 an 8th and $120-130 a quarter. Down here in NC it has nothing to do with connects, because it's the same price everywhere, unless you're lucky enough to be friends with a top-level supplier.
Yeah, that's pretty much how it is out here. Anything not mids runs from $20 a gram, $50-60 an 8th, and $100-120 a quarter. But even worse than that, middies have gone up in the past year to be about $25 an 8th, $45 a quarter.

One of the many reason why I can't wait to get the fuck outta this town.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Went to a bar last night, place was absolutely packed. Everyone is smoking...and then I smell it. I turn around and some people are blazing up right behind me, in the corner. Then I recognize the guy leading the show. So we go out to the parking lot and pass a pipe around for a bit. I only got 3 hits, so nothing happened, and I prob dont have any in my system even, but it was just totally random and weird.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:38 PM
I smoked alot of weed between the age of 18-32 ( i even traveled to Amsterdam ) then i just got tired of it. I felt like the Dave Chappelle's character in Half-baked. Now i only smoke weed on special occasion ... like the last Metallica concert i went.

I'm still hoping the goverment gets its head outta the sand about marijuana ... prohibition is a big failure.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Quote:
About 4 years ago anything that wasn't midgrade would sell for $45 an 8th at the most, regardless of how potent or exotic the strain was. Now, dank is so scarce that anything that isn't a generic strain runs anywhere from $60 to &70 an 8th and $120-130 a quarter. Down here in NC it has nothing to do with connects, because it's the same price everywhere, unless you're lucky enough to be friends with a top-level supplier.
If i was in your situation then i'd just grow it myself
Old 11-29-2009, 05:06 PM
Need to smoke a lot more than I do . I love it. Unfortunately, I'm drunk 5 or 6 nights out of the week and hate mixing the two. Always get fucked up beyond belief. I'd like to smoke more than I drink but I love whiskey and beer so much...not a very good chance of that happening.

I smoke over half a pack a day of cigs. Nothing, to me, is better than a freezing cold draft beer and a cig.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Quote:
smok3h, my nigga.... been waitin' for you to find this thread. What's good, homie?

P.S. Thanks for the tip. The purp shit I got a lil while back, dude tried to charge people more for it, even though it didn't cost him any more, but just because he knew he could since people around my way don't see that kind of shit very often. But best believe, I wasn't havin' it though haha.

However, I was unaware about the growing temp thing though. Good to know.
Hey man, yeah I'm not around on these forums all that much so I didn't notice this thread until now. It makes me happy to see that lots of people here like to indulge in the green as well.

Have any of you guys smoked with your family? I live in a house with my sister now and she gets high whenever I do. She used to only really smoke when others did, but now she is buying her own stuff again. I'm a bad influence I guess, haha. I also regularly smoke with my dad. He hooks me up free weed whenever I need it. Usually not very much, but If I ask him for a bud he'll give me one. I also have recently smoked with my mother a few times. Now most people might think my parents are hippies or whatever just from hearing this... but that's not the case at all. My dad is an accountant and my mom is mental health therapist, and my sister a graphic designer. I think there's a pretty big misconception of what the typical weed smoker is.

I've also smoked with several extended family members, such as a few uncles and aunts, uncles and cousins. One of the uncle's even grows his own. Now HE is the typical looking stoner guy. Long gray hair and big bushy beard. He's also a biker who owns his own bar. Good poker player... I very much enjoy getting some drinks on, smoking some bowls, and playing texas hold'em with him, my dad, and their friends.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:02 PM
I envy you so much. You, and it seems like a lot of my friends, are lucky enough to have parents and family members who smoke. Me? NO ONE. Not one person in my family (including cousins) smoke and I don't think most of them ever have. It's pretty sad, because this alone makes me feel like a black sheep, even though no one knows...
Old 12-03-2009, 02:24 AM
Smiert, I think I'll be adding "Smoke with Smiert Spionam" to my list of things to do before I die. Seems like it'd be one entertaining experience.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:26 AM
Haha word, I'm flattered.
Grant it, I can't provide that top notch, quality 'erb a lot of other Schmoes seem to be able to, but fun times would be had, none-the-less.

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 12-08-2009 at 01:24 PM..
Old 12-03-2009, 08:18 AM
Could use the same... but coming from a drug/alcohol addicted family... we keep a lot of secrets. Despite knowning most are are recovered from these, this actually leads my to believe a good 1-4 are smokin regularly
Old 12-03-2009, 03:48 PM
I picked up an 1/8th the other day, and it was a mixture of three different types of weed. He had them all seperated into different baggies for me. 1.1 of this weed, 1.5 of another, and .9 of another. First time I'd ever gotten an 1/8th like that. I thanked him for seperating the three weeds for me, but as soon as i got home I just dumped them all into my nug jar with my other weed. I like to have a constant mixture of bud if I can. That way when I reach into my jar to pull out a nug I never know what I'm getting. Ahh, and the smell when you take the cork off it is just makes me want to say "aaaaaaH"
Sometimes I'll grind up a nug of really good stuff into very fine shake, and pour it into my jar and shake it up so that the shake sticks to my other buds.

Here are pictures of some of my glass:

(link to higher quality version of photo)http://i47.tinypic.com/2zei53t.jpg

Last edited by smok3h; 12-03-2009 at 05:53 PM..
Old 12-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smok3h View Post
Obviously, I dabble in the ganja

and for the record, I'm not doubting that the purple weed you had was very dank Jerk, but the fact that a bud is purple has little to nothing to do with the potency of the weed. I'm just telling you guys this so someone doesn't try to fuck you over by being like, "yeah man, this purple weed is the shiiiiiiiiit, so it's 70$ an 1/8th instead of the normal 60$.. I mean c'mon, it's purple!" I've had people try to pull similar shit like that on me in the past. And like I said, purple weed can be ridiculously dank, but it can also be very subpar. The reason some buds are purple is because they are grown at lower temps.
You right. What's in the color, really? I've smoked subpar Purp and I've smoked Purp that wasn't even purple and I've smoked Purp that had me higher than I've ever been (like this shit). So, the purple factor really doesn't matter - but there's nothing more beautiful to me than a ridiculously dank, ridiculously purple nugget.

Badass pieces, and some super fucking fire you've got there, for sure.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Purple Haze is overrated. Don't get me wrong it gets you high as cat shit but it's not the be-all end-all of marijuana strains. Personally I prefer either Northern Lights or White Widow (now THAT shit will leave you breathless).

And dealers who rip people off by charging outrageous prices for shit that sells under $260 an onion need to have their asses kicked.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Purple Haze is overrated. Don't get me wrong it gets you high as cat shit but it's not the be-all end-all of marijuana strains. Personally I prefer either Northern Lights or White Widow (now THAT shit will leave you breathless).

Damn. I had an opportunity to smoke some White Widow this summer, but passed. I was already as high as a kite, but my friend who I was staying with went out to get some more for other company, and came back with that stuff. He introduced it as "White Widow", which didn't mean anything to me at the time because I had never heard of it before; so, like I said, I passed because I was already blazed. An opportunity missed, I guess.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:19 PM

hehe
Old 12-09-2009, 12:21 AM
Personally I put little to no stalk in a type of weed's name that I buy. 80% of the time it's just the dealer trying to talk his or her weed up. Unless you get your weed from a grower, chances are you aren't getting what your dealer says it's called.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:47 AM
One of my nearest and dearest has MS.. i wish pot was legal so she could feel better when she's having episodes.. it's so frickin' unfair.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Alright so, without going into great detail, I was cleaning my room today and found a bottle I forgot I had from May that is still half full of Neurontin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurontin

Is it even still safe to take? I took it back in May for a pinched nerve, because its a nerve relaxer, and it worked. I remember the doc telling me it was strong stuff and to take one the first day then 2 the next and continuing on 2 a day until i wanted to come off it at which point i was to take 1 a day again and then none, as its very addictive and hard to get yourself off of.

I'm essentially just looking for a high here, so was going to take some as a one time use, seeing as how when I was on them before I got random bursts of energy and then when I went off of them I was grouchy as hell and irritable.

Would it even work to take just once, to get high? Or should I just pitch the shit?
Old 12-20-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson13 View Post
Alright so, without going into great detail, I was cleaning my room today and found a bottle I forgot I had from May that is still half full of Neurontin.

Is it even still safe to take? I took it back in May for a pinched nerve, because its a nerve relaxer, and it worked. I remember the doc telling me it was strong stuff and to take one the first day then 2 the next and continuing on 2 a day until i wanted to come off it at which point i was to take 1 a day again and then none, as its very addictive and hard to get yourself off of.

I'm essentially just looking for a high here, so was going to take some as a one time use, seeing as how when I was on them before I got random bursts of energy and then when I went off of them I was grouchy as hell and irritable.

Would it even work to take just once, to get high? Or should I just pitch the shit?
Its not worth it

signed

Brittany Murphy, Heath Ledger and Brad Renfro
Old 12-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Boo, pills! Yay, weed!
Old 12-21-2009, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Boo, pills! Yay, weed!
Agreed 100%

Taking pills to get a high is basically playing Russian Roulette with your life.

The worst thing to happen when you smoke too much weed is that you just get the munchies really bad and eat too much Taco Bell and have a bad case of the shits.

Sure beats overdosing!
Old 12-21-2009, 02:22 AM
I've been in Turkey for 2 months, where I wouldn't dare risk smoking or even touching pot... the drug laws and punishment here are absurd. I'm heading to London today though, and I have an old friend there who is quite the smoker these days and he's said he'll supply. I'm pretty stoked; it's been too long.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:00 AM
Snort some battery acid, that shit will fuck you up cuz.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
Agreed 100%

Taking pills to get a high is basically playing Russian Roulette with your life.

The worst thing to happen when you smoke too much weed is that you just get the munchies really bad and eat too much Taco Bell and have a bad case of the shits.

Sure beats overdosing!

Hey now! I love popping an occasional vicodin (or 2). As long as you don't go crazy with them, painkillers are fun.

Us people that get panic attacks from smoking weed need something.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson13 View Post

Most pills have a relatively long shelf life, you are in no danger if you follow the recommended dosing limits. Just take the same amount you took before and you'll be fine.

Quote:
Agreed 100%

:
That's not an accurate statement at all. Obviously pills are not going to be as safe to take as weed, but to say it's like playing Russian Roulette is something that a person might hear in government propaganda..

Last edited by smok3h; 12-21-2009 at 05:03 PM..
Old 12-21-2009, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smok3h View Post

That's not an accurate statement at all. Obviously pills are not going to be as safe to take as weed, but to say it's like playing Russian Roulette is something that a person might hear in government propaganda..
I was mainly refering to the difference between taking too many pills vs smoking too much weed. The big difference is you cant OD on weed.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:28 AM
Quote:
I was mainly refering to the difference between taking too many pills vs smoking too much weed. The big difference is you cant OD on weed.
Yes, you are right. Thank you for clarifying what you meant.

What I'm trying to say is most drugs can be taken recreationally safely, but it takes knowledge. Drugs start becoming dangerous when they are taken without knowledge, or when said knowledge is disregarded. Of course there will be times when someone might have an adverse reaction to a certain chemical, such as an allergic reaction,,but that is the same risk a person takes when eating a new food they've never eaten before, or taking a new OTC pain medicine (such as tylenol).
Old 12-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Sup guys, I am in London and very baked.

Echo_fuckin' bravo man, you FUCKIN guy! YOU FUCKING GUY, DUDE! Seriously, dude. You're a fucking GUY, and I mean that in the BEST way possible.

I remember on myjoblo, which precded Movie Fan CEntral, you said "sup" to some one, and it just seemed like such a YOU thing to say, SO MUCH SO that whenever I hear the seemingly ubiquitous "sup" I actually am reminded of that post.

fuckin get x-nightcrawler back in this place, miss that dude. don't you guys?
Old 12-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicochetShaw View Post

Echo_fuckin' bravo man, you FUCKIN guy! YOU FUCKING GUY, DUDE! Seriously, dude. You're a fucking GUY, and I mean that in the BEST way possible.

I remember on myjoblo, which precded Movie Fan CEntral, you said "sup" to some one, and it just seemed like such a YOU thing to say, SO MUCH SO that whenever I hear the seemingly ubiquitous "sup" I actually am reminded of that post.

haha I take it thats some good shit you're smokin huh?

Have you ever seen the back of a twenty dollar bill? Have you ever see the back of a twenty dollar bill... on weed? Oh, there's some crazy shit, man. There's a dude in the bushes. Has he got a gun? I dunno!

Last edited by echo_bravo; 12-23-2009 at 01:34 PM..
Old 12-23-2009, 07:55 PM
I've smoked pot since Grade 7 but I've been trying to take it a little easy the last few months. 3rd year university was insane though - my roommates and I would generally spend half an hour to an hour getting baked on our balcony every night with either a hookah (and a bit of shisha) or our beautiful bong, the Bazooka Joe. We'd then chill and watch a movie or two or play the Wii. And of course, we occasionally had our epic festival marathons where we watched 12 movies over 3 days, 4 movies a night, and we smoked from the bong or a blunt or ate pot brownies before every film (we watched films as diverse as Very Bad Things to Commando to Angels in the Outfield to Fear to Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2, etc). Those were some pretty intense times. I think I went a little overboard the first time when I ate way too much of the pot brownies that we made pretty poorly (one of our friends who was over was in chef school and tried to help us make the brownies but kind of failed...and we used eggs that were way past their expiry date) and actually felt so sick I puked. And then I went back for more brownies .

We switched mostly to a ghetto vaporizer in 4th year but we didn't have a balcony that year so we ended up smoking a lot in a crawlspace in one of my roommates' room. My preferred way is still the good old joint (and for special occasions, the blunt) but if I had a Volcano vaporizer, I'd switch over in a second. I've smoked out of that thing a few times and every single time it's been a beautiful clean high that hits ridiculously fast. That shit is awesome.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicochetShaw View Post

Fucking hell, man. Americans can't take their beer or their blow.

How did the fuck did you ever survive Turkey, Shaw?
Old 12-28-2009, 08:39 PM
you know your a stoner when you think a good example of being romantic is when your at a party with a cute girl smoking weed, and while she holds the pipe/bong you light it up.

:/