Old 11-26-2009, 03:01 PM
Louie (starring Louis C.K.)

Quote:
"Louie", airing on FX starting in March, stars comedian and writer, Louis C. K., as a stand-up comic and newly single dad raising two daughters in New York City. It is based on the star’s real life and will blend stand-up material with what Landgraf described as "extended vignettes" depicting moments from his offstage experiences. Louis C. K. is exec producer, writer and helmer of the series. Dave Becky also exec produces.
Source: Variety

Here's a vid from Louis C.K.'s website announcing his new show with a hilarious sketch featuring Bobby Cannavale: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jPZpptlABM

C. K. is one of my favorite comics working today behind Patton Oswalt and Lewis Black. Despite making Pootie Tang, he has an extensive writing resume including SNL and The Chris Rock Show. His HBO series Lucky Louie, which was a mature themed, family sitcom styled comedy (featuring Jim Norton, Laura Kightlinger, and Jeremy Minor) was also very underappreciated and canceled far too soon.

Can't wait to check this shit out. With the final season of LOST, the 3rd season of Breaking Bad, and HBO's new period gangster drama Boardwalk Empire, 2010 is lookin' like a dope year for television.

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 12-05-2009 at 10:09 PM..
Old 12-02-2009, 12:05 AM
I can't wait for this show, he's my favorite stand up comedian and I'll watch anything he's in.

and that video was funny.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:52 AM
That sounds like Lucky Louie the ill fated show that was canceled on HBO
Old 12-02-2009, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdraven View Post
That sounds like Lucky Louie the ill fated show that was canceled on HBO
Well, on Lucky Louie, he was married, had one daughter, and worked as a mechanic. This could possibly be seen as a continuation of that show though...
Old 02-15-2010, 03:41 PM
They've recently started airing very short TV spots for it, each one a short vinette. Some are really funny, and some are just odd. I think I'm really gonna love the style of this show....

Louie premieres April 1st on FX.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:49 PM
Pushed back to June.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclicNightmare View Post
Pushed back to June.
well...fuck!
Old 02-16-2010, 11:41 PM
LAME!
Old 04-25-2010, 09:27 AM
The first few short TV spots are online at the FX website:

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/fod/play.php?sh=louie

Louie finally starts June 29th.

EDIT: New promo features Ricky Gervais as Louie's doctor. I pray its a reoccurring role.

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 06-17-2010 at 07:29 PM..
Old 04-27-2010, 02:35 AM
I'd watch this. I like his stand up and was just talking about him early today actually.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:26 PM
Been waitin' forever for this. So excited

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 06-17-2010 at 07:32 PM..
Old 06-29-2010, 03:25 PM

The promos for this have all been great. I'll definitely try to catch this tonight
Old 06-30-2010, 12:17 AM
The first episode was fantastic. Can't wait for more.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:45 AM
You know they aired 2 episodes right? They were both great.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:00 AM
Wasn't all that impressed, but some of the pieces were definitely funny. For some reason the show reminds me a lot of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
Wasn't all that impressed, but some of the pieces were definitely funny. For some reason the show reminds me a lot of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Except even more grim, which I love. Thought it was mostly hilarious, wasn't completely blown away though, but I'm certain that it'll only get better. Love the tone and vibe of it all, especially the very 70's esque intro.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canto View Post
You know they aired 2 episodes right? They were both great.
I learned today that this was the case. I don't know how I didn't know previously. Oh well, I catch it somewhere.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:17 PM
I really dug both episodes. It has a great vibe and it's unlike anything else on TV (maybe the closest thing is Curb...) I wonder how the show will evolve and how many of the secondary characters will be recurring. Will definitely keep watching.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:42 AM
Louis C.K. is one funny son of a bitch. I love this show already. Two episodes and I'm hooked. It has great banter. I love banter when it's done well. And Louis C.K. is a genius at that.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:26 AM
I think this show is fucking hilarious, but for some reason I find the funniest part to be the shot of Louis eating pizza during the opening credits

Last edited by BondFiction; 07-07-2010 at 03:32 AM..
Old 07-07-2010, 05:08 AM
You're not alone on that feeling. I really dig the credits. There's just something worth smiling over when there's a song that badass playing over Louie as he goes for a slice. I really dig his direction on the show so far. It's very spontaneous, but controlled. I like that the camera work isn't flashy, but every shot is composed very well. The guy's an economical artist as a director. But his choice of material and subjects to go over makes the show unpredictable. I really dig that about it. There isn't one single story to follow. It's a very personal skit show with only one comedian.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:20 AM
Anybody catch the last episodes? I thought they were pretty good. Pamela Aldon's back!
Old 07-16-2010, 03:33 PM
Aldon was great, hope we see more of her...

"Sex is simple: the man puts his penis in the woman's vagina, the man ejaculates, and then....the woman dies."

"...........wait, what? The woman dies?"

"Oh...I'm sorry, I was thinkin' about somethin' else...."
Old 07-21-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm flying next week, so I appreciated this past episode quite a bit.

I really dig this show. It's perfectly structured, humor first, and yet plot isn't sacrificed either, in the DiPaolo and Adlon episodes, it's great how much C.K. can do with so little. Hope this gets a second season.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:45 AM
Holy shit! I just peeped that the guy who played Louie's therapist was played by David Patrick Kelly. That name might not mean much to you, but that's....

this guy. Wow.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:48 AM
I would love it if I could find a clip online somewhere, or even a quote of, his stand up bit he did in the episode before the flying one (so 2 weeks ago) about him waking up in the morning and having no motivation but being like "ugh....I guess.....why not?" and then getting up anyway. Because that is exactly me, pretty much every day.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Last nights opening segment with the woman who kept interrupting the show and him ripping in to her might be one of the funniest things I have ever seen on TV. Having attended a few comedy shows and had to experience hecklers and people who interrupt shows firsthand, they all have it coming exactly like what he did to her last night. I know it was scripted for the show, but that shit actually happens and the good comedians handle it exactly that way: by ripping into them like no other and making them feel like absolute shit for opening their mouths in the first place.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:45 PM
this show is fuckin hilarious.

As a dude who never thought Louis CK was the greatest Stand Up, i can admit that i fully and 100% love the dude now.

The last episode, with the female heckler, was fucking hilarious.

FX has to be one of the BEST stations for TV, including the pay cable channels (HBO, Showtime)

Louis
Sons of Anarchy
Rescue Me
It's Always SUnny in Philadelphia
The Shield (Greatest show of all time, RIP)

im sure im missing some great show... oh ya, as i was typing this...

The League... i think that show is quite comical.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Straight from the source

Quote:
Folks, FX has picked up LOUIE for a second season. 13 more eps. Holy hitlers mothers tits. This is very good news.
http://twitter.com/louisck/status/20233087574
Old 08-10-2010, 08:56 PM
^ Just came here to share that, but I'm a week late :/

Anyway, fuck yeah.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post

Great news!! I love this show and have been watching it since the "pilot" episode came out. The comedy take on it is interesting and something different, and the lay out of this show reminds me of Seinfeld in some ways because of the stand up/skits put together. So i'm definitely all for another season!
Old 09-01-2010, 01:53 AM
Tom Noonan?! WTF?!
Old 09-09-2010, 11:40 PM
Got around to watching the first few episodes. Great show. Unique structure. I don't watch curb and maybe that's an easy comparison, but something new always makes me laugh more than something borrowed and something blue. Although this show has a casual kind of sadness to it. Dunno. I caught the episodes late at night, dead tired, and that might have added something to it.

But I loved it. I'm a fan of ck's stand up and I think he did a really good job transitioning it into a television format.

I'll be around for the second season.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Louie returns in June.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
Louie returns in June.
Awesome. Going to be great to have this and Rescue Me back this summer. Also having Mad Men, True Blood, and Hung back is going to kick ass.

Going to be a good summer.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
this show is fuckin hilarious.

As a dude who never thought Louis CK was the greatest Stand Up, i can admit that i fully and 100% love the dude now.

The last episode, with the female heckler, was fucking hilarious.

FX has to be one of the BEST stations for TV, including the pay cable channels (HBO, Showtime)

Louis
Sons of Anarchy
Rescue Me
It's Always SUnny in Philadelphia
The Shield (Greatest show of all time, RIP)

im sure im missing some great show... oh ya, as i was typing this...

The League... i think that show is quite comical.
Agree 100%. The list keeps going with Justified, Terriers (R.I.P), and Lights Out.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Love the show. One of my new favorites.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:58 PM
I've seen only up to "Dr. Ben/Nick". I plan on watching the rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8HuRdbPcls
Old 05-30-2011, 02:24 PM
Everybody rewatching episodes in anticipation for season?
Old 05-30-2011, 05:58 PM
Dang! I've gotta get my hands on this show! Lucky Louie has been one of my favorites since it originally aired on HBO, and Louis C.K. has to be one of, if not my all-time favorite comedian. I turn my back on tv for a few months and this happens!