Old 01-08-2014, 11:31 PM
BBC Sherlock

Anyone watching this?

It's only the best TV show currently airing

Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are a perfect Sherlock and Watson, the show is written by geniuses, it's bloody hilarious and it's got more style than all of Guy Ritchie films put together.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:13 AM
I devoured Series 1, and loved everything about it. I've only watched episode 1 of Series 1 so far. I'm ashamed, truthfully. I have a friend who harasses me every day over my lack of not catching up
Old 01-09-2014, 11:01 AM
I find it to be good, but not great. It certainly isn't worth the massive amount of praise it gets, IMO.

Some of the plots are so convoluted and nonsensical they make me cringe.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:08 PM
i love it i think it works better as a modern telling and there's a good chance we're getting a 4th series
Old 01-09-2014, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMovieMan View Post
Anyone watching this?

It's only the best TV show currently airing

Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are a perfect Sherlock and Watson, the show is written by geniuses, it's bloody hilarious and it's got more style than all of Guy Ritchie films put together.
I caught the first 2 seasons (6 eps) on Netflix this past weekend and I was in complete awe of it. This may be a strange comparison, but in terms of pure entertainment value and cleverness of the characters/dialogue, the closest companion to this is Justified.

Sherlock fires on all cylinders, and I cannot wait for series 3. Seriously, lots to love about this show.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah1980 View Post
i love it i think it works better as a modern telling and there's a good chance we're getting a 4th series
Seasons four and five are supposedly already mapped out.

Finished re-watching seasons one and two, waiting for the third episode of season three to air and be torrented so I can download and watch the entire season's episodes back-to-back.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:55 PM
For entertainment value, it's my favorite show right now. Every episode is enjoyable on its own. It doesn't have the depth of some of the other great dramas in recent television (Breaking Bad) but I don't think that's a fair comparison because that's not what it's aiming for.

It's meant to be a fun ride, and it succeeds perfectly. Can't wait for the new series to premiere in the states.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:57 AM
Season 3 was badass - loved the ending.

I actually love Elementary too!
Old 01-13-2014, 12:27 PM
Definitely a great season and another unforgettable ending. I'm looking forward to Season 4.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:53 PM
Just finished Series 3. WOW. I kind of predicted that

Spoiler:
Something was off about Mary and that she wasn't all she said she was

but the brilliance of the writing is that even when you think you're one step ahead, you're usually two steps behind.

Loved the villain and kinda wished he

Spoiler:
didn't die so that he can come back and torment Sherlock in the 4th season. A great foe fo' sho

But did something special happen after the credits?

Crazy ending to another fantastic season. The show is up there as being one of the current best, can't wait to revisit everything from Season 1.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:32 PM
Yay, more Andrew Scott!!!
Old 01-19-2014, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
Yay, more Andrew Scott!!!
the funny thing is...i cannot stand him

his Moriarty was like John Simn's Master on Doctor Who i just wanted to slap them both because they annoyed the s**t out of me lol
Old 01-19-2014, 07:18 PM
Series three premiers on PBS tonight.