Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Misc. NON-MOVIE TALK forum
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2010, 01:02 PM
Anti-Tax Domestic Terrorist Crashes Plane into Austin Federal Building

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/02/18/tex...ash/index.html

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/texas-plane...ory?id=9874966

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...e-austin-texas

Quote:
Austin Plane Crash Intentional

A small plane crashed into a federal building this morning in Austin, Texas. Cnn is reporting that the crash was intentional.

Joseph Stack, the alleged pilot, reportedly set fire to his house this morning.

The crash has not been classified an act of terrorism yet, but what else could it be? A disgruntled suicidal employee? Yeah, that could actually be it.

For now, most of the details are unclear as to who Joseph Stack was, and why he would burn his house and crash his plane. Hotair.com reports that his suicide note was posted on his website. Here is an excerpt.

After my experience with the CPA world, following the business crash I swore that I’d never enter another accountant’s office again. But here I am with a new marriage and a boatload of undocumented income, not to mention an expensive new business asset, a piano, which I had no idea how to handle. After considerable thought I decided that it would be irresponsible NOT to get professional help; a very big mistake.

When we received the forms back I was very optimistic that they were in order. I had taken all of the years information to Bill Ross, and he came back with results very similar to what I was expecting. Except that he had neglected to include the contents of Sheryl’s unreported income; $12,700 worth of it. To make matters worse, Ross knew all along this was missing and I didn’t have a clue until he pointed it out in the middle of the audit. By that time it had become brutally evident that he was representing himself and not me.

This left me stuck in the middle of this disaster trying to defend transactions that have no relationship to anything tax-related (at least the tax-related transactions were poorly documented). Things I never knew anything about and things my wife had no clue would ever matter to anyone. The end result is… well, just look around…

As government agencies go, the FAA is often justifiably referred to as a tombstone agency, though they are hardly alone. The recent presidential puppet GW Bush and his cronies in their eight years certainly reinforced for all of us that this criticism rings equally true for all of the government. Nothing changes unless there is a body count (unless it is in the interest of the wealthy sows at the government trough). In a government full of hypocrites from top to bottom, life is as cheap as their lies and their self-serving laws.

I know I’m hardly the first one to decide I have had all I can stand. It has always been a myth that people have stopped dying for their freedom in this country, and it isn’t limited to the blacks, and poor immigrants. I know there have been countless before me and there are sure to be as many after. But I also know that by not adding my body to the count, I insure nothing will change. I choose to not keep looking over my shoulder at “big brother” while he strips my carcass, I choose not to ignore what is going on all around me, I choose not to pretend that business as usual won’t continue; I have just had enough
The good news is that preliminary reports are optimistic about the loss of life. From the up-to-the-minute coverage, it seems two office workers have been sent to the hospital and only one other is unaccounted for. Considering the devastation to the building, it's amazing so few were injured and at least as of now, no fatalities besides the pilot have been reported.

Last edited by QUENTIN; 02-18-2010 at 01:04 PM..
Old 02-18-2010, 02:17 PM
But remember, that report cautioning a rise in right wing extremism was totally out of line.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:34 PM
You mean those reports advocating watching returning soldiers because they are a risk group for recruitment into right wing terrorist organizations? Nothing out of line about that.
The guy's note made no mention of any ties to any organizations and not only does he not mention Obama or democrats in his suicide note, but he specifically blames Bush and his friends.
As things come to light in the next few days during the investigation the situation will become more clear, but from the little evidence we have it seems that if all things had been equal this guy still would have done the same.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Been seeing bits about this through out the day on the news ticker in my works elevators, crazy stuff. Will be interesting what is discovered (if anything) as the days unfold.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:46 PM
~*~*~RIP JOHN GALT~*~*~
Old 02-18-2010, 03:51 PM
This is what happens when you deprive a man from the Joblo Dot Com Forums.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:52 PM
Here's a link to the suicide note

What's sad about this is that its unfortunately going to take more left-wing violent outbreaks like this before our spineless president and Democratic lawmakers do what they were elected to do.

Last edited by BoxManShoes; 02-18-2010 at 03:57 PM..
Old 02-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post
~*~*~RIP JOHN GALT~*~*~
In the suicide note, he had written: I swear I have not blacked up for this. Blackness wipes off in death...avenge me...Nuke...Kenyans...Or their...offspring...

Fuck knows why he wrote as though he were in his death throes. Always did have a taste for the dramatic.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Well, I stand corrected. He was not your typical tea bagger, but just a deranged man who was mad at pretty much everything. However, the vast majority of his rants were aimed at the IRS specifically, which he claimed ruined his life.

I think it's just amazing that there were so few injuries.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxManShoes View Post
Here's a link to the suicide note

What's sad about this is that its unfortunately going to take more left-wing violent outbreaks like this before our spineless president and Democratic lawmakers do what they were elected to do.
I really don't think it would make any difference.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Heart Collector View Post
This is what happens when you deprive a man from the Joblo Dot Com Forums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post
~*~*~RIP JOHN GALT~*~*~

Uh, these two pretty much win this thread.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:42 AM
so yeah, the internet has come out with a flash game for this. Record time I might add.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/528055
Old 02-19-2010, 09:00 AM
What may happen (probably not), "free" flyers are grounded, allowing only commercial pilots and the military to fly the skies.
While you can't dictate someone's mental state 24-7, they can run a barrage of tests on employees / soldiers and make them manditory to pass.