Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-25-2010, 06:51 PM
Kick Ass actor engaged to a 42 yr old woman

Artist Sam Taylor-Wood is expecting a baby with her 19-year-old fiancÚ, actor Aaron Johnson.



Here is a brief interview with the couple at the BIFA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE1bkV30ZK4

What in the hell is this guy thinking? He is only 19 and he is getting engaged to a 42 yr old broad...and she is also pregnant. This Wont End Well.

Not to mention the chick isnt even hot. I could understand Halle Berry or Marisa Tomei but this chick?! damn.

After the success of Kick Ass (and it will be very successful), this dude is gonna have chicks throwing themselves at him left and right. But instead of going out and partying it up with models/groupies/slutty Hollywood socialites, he is gonna be changing diapers. He is gonna be kicking himself pretty soon.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-25-2010, 06:58 PM
WTF? I mean seriously...What.The.Fuck????????
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-25-2010, 06:59 PM
naveen andrews (40 i think) is dating barbara hershey (like one hundred years old)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Love is love, but.....that's......strange.

I know nothing about this Johnson kid, but he better be awesome in Kick-Ass because he looks nothing like the character.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
Not to mention the chick isnt even hot. I could understand Halle Berry or Marisa Tomei but this chick?! damn.
She's a fiercely intelligent and interesting woman...I don't think her looks should even enter the equation.

BUT my gut says she's irresponsible in allowing herself to get knocked up by a teen. He's way too young to be tied down like this IMO...and she should have known better than to rush into Parenthood with an inexperienced boy with the world at his feet.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Nothing wrong with dating older women, but this just isn't good. She's old enough to remember Watergate and he can't even remember the O.J. verdict. Plus, as it's already been said, it's pretty irresponsible for someone who's 42 to get knocked up by a teen even if he is at a legal age. People who dubiously claim to be in love always have an excuse for everything until their romance invariably goes down the tubes. Most older women who want excitement with a younger man go the Mae West route, they don't marry the kid for crying out loud.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Patrick Dempsey did the same thing (except she was his manager and he didn't knock her up) but he's alluded that there were ALOT of extenuating circumstances behind their relationship, some of which he's still dealing with today.

I'm thinking mommy issues here.


At least with Ashton and Demi, she wasn't old enough to be his mother and he was WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL into his twenties before hooking up with her.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
At least with Ashton and Demi, she wasn't old enough to be his mother and he was WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL into his twenties before hooking up with her.
Not to mention -gasp!- they actually seem like a good and stable couple!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-25-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm still shaking my head about this. Not that it matters to me but I am just picturing myself in his situation and getting married at the age of 19 is the LAST thing on my mind. And having a fucking kid as a teen?!?!?! FUCK THAT!

This dude seems like a clueless sucker. And yeah at least with Kutcher, he was almost in his 30s(I think), when he started knockin boots with Demi Moore.

I am not againist the whole age-gap dating thing but this seems a bit weird to me.

If he never strays from her then good for him. He's a better guy than me lol. But I gotta say he is gonna be tempted left and right with all the young Hollywood trim around him.

Last edited by echo_bravo; 03-25-2010 at 09:51 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-25-2010, 09:20 PM
And y'all would give a fuck if it was the other way around?

Tony Curtis?

For every one case of a woman with a younger man, I'll give you ten men with a much younger woman.

Buy ladders.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-25-2010, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigh Kaufman View Post
And y'all would give a fuck if it was the other way around?

Tony Curtis?

For every one case of a woman with a younger man, I'll give you ten men with a much younger woman.

Buy ladders.
And the majority looked pathetic and I weeped for their clueless child brides and their unending nights of Viagra spoonfeeds while they mournfully kept reciting the Will in their minds.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-25-2010, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigh Kaufman View Post
And y'all would give a fuck if it was the other way around?

Tony Curtis?

For every one case of a woman with a younger man, I'll give you ten men with a much younger woman.

Buy ladders.

It was just as weird when Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes hooked up.

I think it depends on the couple.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigh Kaufman View Post
And y'all would give a fuck if it was the other way around?

Tony Curtis?

For every one case of a woman with a younger man, I'll give you ten men with a much younger woman.

Buy ladders.
To be fair Reigh, I wouldn't bat an eyelid at the pairing if it weren't for the fact that she's pregnant...like OBVIOUSLY pregnant to boot.

They've barely been together 5 minutes and Johnson is barely an adult if we're looking at the technical definition. I mean shit, she only announced her separation/divorce from Jay Jopling in late 2008.

I highly doubt that this was a planned pregnancy and I can't help but find it all rather selfish on Sam's part...he's a teenager and he's now a Papa-to-be and there aint a fucking thing he can do about it.

When his kid turns 18 I sincerely hope he's there arranging candles and pouring his first legal bevvy alongside his 60 year old Wife. I somehow doubt it mind...but I would love to be proven wrong on this one.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
And the majority looked pathetic and I weeped for their clueless child brides and their unending nights of Viagra spoonfeeds while they mournfully kept reciting the Will in their minds.
We've known each other how long?

Viagara and goldigger jokes is your response?

Call me a dick or a romantic, but the sense of moral superiority in this thread - particularly as I've known they were a couple for 18 months and it bothered me not one iota - is kind of...depressing.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-25-2010, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post
To be fair Reigh, I wouldn't bat an eyelid at the pairing if it weren't for the fact that she's pregnant...like OBVIOUSLY pregnant to boot.

They've barely been together 5 minutes and Johnson is barely an adult if we're looking at the technical definition. I mean shit, she only announced her separation/divorce from Jay Jopling in late 2008.

I highly doubt that this was a planned pregnancy and I can't help but find it all rather selfish on Sam's part...he's a teenager and he's now a Papa-to-be and there aint a fucking thing he can do about it.

When his kid turns 18 I sincerely hope he's there arranging candles and pouring his first legal bevvy alongside his 60 year old Wife. I somehow doubt it mind...but I would love to be proven wrong on this one.
Where would this thread have gone if it had been entitled: Upcoming Star Gets Rid of Grandma Director?

Bunch of people would have decried them both for their naivety - depravity, judging from some of the posts - and pointed out that it was "never gonna last", and one or t'other was a pervert/cradle-snatcher.

Now, they may not last, but so far as I can see - she's getting most of the flak and the main weapon of choice is her age.

That's a double-standard any way you slice it.

Had this thread been called "Leo Impregnates 19 Year-Old Lingerie Model" or "Pitt Expects Child With Teen Swimsuit Calendar Girl", there'd be a bunch of high-fives or "Ah, man, I was totally wanting to bang that chick, lucky bastard" style responses.

Horse radish.

Last edited by Reigh Kaufman; 03-25-2010 at 09:54 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-25-2010, 09:51 PM
Where were all the 42 year olds throwing themselves at me when I was 19?

Goddamn Hollywood.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-25-2010, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan M. View Post
Where were all the 42 year olds throwing themselves at me when I was 19?

Goddamn Hollywood.
Depends if you're a Brendan or a Brenda.

They have separate rules, you see?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigh Kaufman View Post
Depends if you're a Brendan or a Brenda.

They have separate rules, you see?
There's another rule to that too. Example:

When a male student sleeps with his female teacher, everyone gives the kid high fives and a slap on the back.

When a male teacher sleeps with a female student, its rape.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-25-2010, 10:00 PM
As long as both are mature and know how to handle being in a committed relationship, more power to 'em.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-25-2010, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigh Kaufman View Post
We've known each other how long?

Viagara and goldigger jokes is your response?

Call me a dick or a romantic, but the sense of moral superiority in this thread - particularly as I've known they were a couple for 18 months and it bothered me not one iota - is kind of...depressing.
Fine. A more comprehensive answer

This couple has not one hurdle to overcome but have managed to stack issue upon issue. I'm sorry, but a 19 year old guy by and large does not want to be saddled down with a child and wife, much less one on the cusp of a burgeoning Hollywood career.

I don't bat an eye that Hugh Jackman's wife is plenty year's older than him because he was an adult for quite sometime before he committed to that relationship.

I would be cool as ice cream if there wasn't a child involved and it was just a young man having a loving relationship with an older woman and maybe waiting a few years before getting having a family. But unfortunately his gf doesn't really have the luxury of waiting for him to mature, hence why some are casting a critical eye upon her.

But this is a kid having a kid. Whenever you add a potential child to any relationship, especially one that has issues, and there ARE issues here, people are going to be extra opinionated. I remember our dear Greb calling Tony Randall an asshole for having children so late in life because he knew he wouldn't live to see them graduate elementary school; and I don't think he thought too highly of the wifey either.

Its nice to cast romantic aspirations upon couples, but when you hear about them having a child, its time to look at the relationship in a more sober light.

Last edited by electriclite; 03-25-2010 at 10:11 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-25-2010, 10:21 PM
As long as they're both happy I don't really care.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
Fine. A more comprehensive answer

This couple has not one hurdle to overcome but have managed to stack issue upon issue. I'm sorry, but a 19 year old guy by and large does not want to be saddled down with a child and wife, much less one on the cusp of a burgeoning Hollywood career.

I don't bat an eye that Hugh Jackman's wife is plenty year's older than him because he was an adult for quite sometime before he committed to that relationship.

I would be cool as ice cream if there wasn't a child involved and it was just a young man having a loving relationship with an older woman and maybe waiting a few years before getting having a family. But unfortunately his gf doesn't really have the luxury of waiting for him to mature, hence why some are casting a critical eye upon her.

But this is a kid having a kid. Whenever you add a potential child to any relationship, especially one that has issues, and there ARE issues here, people are going to be extra opinionated. I remember our dear Greb calling Tony Randall an asshole for having children so late in life because he knew he wouldn't live to see them graduate elementary school; and I don't think he thought too highly of the wifey either.

This is a lot - a lot -of presumption on your part. You are asking me to believe that men (particularly famous men) all behave to type, and ignore pluralism? Then you imply that the man involved will be crippled by his decision to settle down early in his life and career because this is what he cares about? Not family, not love, not anything spiritual - just career?

And then, should I be so pessimistic, I am to accept that this man was persuaded to become a parent early because his chosen partner's fertility rate was decreasing too rapidly and they had no choice but to impregnate now - for the sake of a body-clock, rather than that old-fashioned thing called love.

And once this was achieved, it's incomprehensible that they will remain together because there are not enough precedents - in Hollywood, at least (though both are British) - to satisfy the central conceit that a young man can love an older woman?

Tony Randall be damned. This is a couple who have committed to one another, are happy to delcare their love via their engagement, and now have precluded the sentiment that "it's just a dude boning a chick" by announcing the arrival of their child.

Will it last?

Probably...not.

Should they be villified?

Absolutely not.

Last edited by Reigh Kaufman; 03-25-2010 at 10:31 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-25-2010, 10:36 PM
Nothing wrong with marrying an older woman. I'd gladly date an older woman if I had the chance.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-25-2010, 10:45 PM
Steven Seagal and Jean Claude Van Damme did the same thing as these two.....

Except they didn't get together, or have a kid...

They just started making really crappy straight to DVD movies.

Last edited by Oxwich; 03-25-2010 at 10:50 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-25-2010, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigh Kaufman View Post
Where would this thread have gone if it had been entitled: Upcoming Star Gets Rid of Grandma Director?

Bunch of people would have decried them both for their naivety - depravity, judging from some of the posts - and pointed out that it was "never gonna last", and one or t'other was a pervert/cradle-snatcher.

Now, they may not last, but so far as I can see - she's getting most of the flak and the main weapon of choice is her age.

That's a double-standard any way you slice it.

Had this thread been called "Leo Impregnates 19 Year-Old Lingerie Model" or "Pitt Expects Child With Teen Swimsuit Calendar Girl", there'd be a bunch of high-fives or "Ah, man, I was totally wanting to bang that chick, lucky bastard" style responses.

Horse radish.
You have a point that is both fine and dandy (forgive me sounding like George Carlin here) but I doubt I would be *high fiving* any of my fellow schmoes if I read about any of your hypothetical storylines concerning Leo, Pitt and other random Hollywood buff tings.

Kids being impregnated by kids is an unfortunate enough scenario...this story to me is like a clever and enigmatic adult falling pregnant to a young, beautiful, unworldly bebe. On the surface it's a love story, but dig deeper and it's just somebody on the cusp of the menopause exchanging baby-making fluids with a boy who still only has to shave once fortnightly. Her daughter was born when he was 7...man or woman, that's fucking strange no matter how you slice it.

I remember being 17, 18, 19 and with hindsight, I recall how ridiculously naive and 'kid-like' I actually was. I talk to teens now and I totally understand their lingo and how their life works and yet they are almost alien to me. The way their emotions work is just another existence (one I lived of course)...it's not that I can't relate, it's just that I can't relive. It's impossible for me to do that whole reading my old diary and not knowing what the fuck I am yet type thing because it's like shadows of a former life.

I don't feel ageist or sexist when I reckon that she is the more irresponsible of the pairing...because that's the way I see it. I like Sam because she's clever and hugely cultured but I'm passing judgement on her current circumstances.

I'm just as likely to condemn the dirty old man as I am the irresponsible middle-aged woman. I say it as I see it *click snap*.

Last edited by BadCoverVersion; 03-25-2010 at 11:02 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-25-2010, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post
You have a point that is both fine and dandy (forgive me sounding like George Carlin here) but I doubt I would be *high fiving* any of my fellow schmoes if I read about any of your hypothetical storylines concerning Leo, Pitt and other random Hollywood buff tings.

Kids being impregnated by kids is an unfortunate enough scenario...this story to me is like a clever and enigmatic adult falling pregnant to a young, beautiful, unworldly bebe. On the surface it's a love story, but dig deeper and it's just somebody on the cusp of the menopause exchanging baby-making fluids with a boy who still only has to shave once fortnightly. Her daughter was born when he was 7...man or woman, that's fucking strange no matter how you slice it.

I remember being 17, 18, 19 and with hindsight, I recall how ridiculously naive and 'kid-like' I actually was. I talk to teens now and I totally understand their lingo and how their life works and yet they are almost alien to me. The way their emotions work is just another existence (one I lived of course)...it's not that I can't relate, it's just that I can't relive. It's impossible for me to do that whole reading my old diary and not knowing what the fuck I am yet type thing because it's like shadows of a former life.

I don't feel ageist or sexist when I reckon that she is the more irresponsible of the pairing...because that's the way I see it. I like Sam because she's clever and hugely cultured but I'm passing judgement on her current circumstances.

I'm just as likely to condemn the dirty old man as I am the irresponsible middle-aged woman. I say it as I see it *click snap*.
And I might agree but for one thing:

My dad is 73.

My mum is 48.

Last edited by Reigh Kaufman; 03-25-2010 at 11:07 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-25-2010, 11:06 PM
My mistake: my mum is 49.

I am 32.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-25-2010, 11:13 PM
Do you not think it is different when the man is SOOO much younger? A teen..and lets be fair, the female holds the upper hand when it comes to the babymaking.

My sister is 33 and her husband is 50...I have best friends with 24 years between them. I'm not against age gaps at all.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Why are relationships with such big age gaps still worthy of being discussed?

If the boy was thirteen and the woman was forty then I'd definitely be groaning in disapproval, but he's old enough, let them be.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-25-2010, 11:43 PM
The fact that a 19 year old cant date a 17 year old but a 43 year old can date a 19 year old amuses me.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 03-25-2010, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigh Kaufman View Post
This is a lot - a lot -of presumption on your part. You are asking me to believe that men (particularly famous men) all behave to type, and ignore pluralism? Then you imply that the man involved will be crippled by his decision to settle down early in his life and career because this is what he cares about? Not family, not love, not anything spiritual - just career?
No, no, my intent was not to imply his career would be crippled, but his marriage may very well be. I know I don't have to regurgitate Hollywood marriage success rates here in the Celeb Gossip Forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigh Kaufman View Post
And then, should I be so pessimistic, I am to accept that this man was persuaded to become a parent early because his chosen partner's fertility rate was decreasing too rapidly and they had no choice but to impregnate now - for the sake of a body-clock, rather than that old-fashioned thing called love.
I'm not a subscriber to the school of "What a wonderful way to say you love me by having my baby." You have a baby because sperm met egg and cells divided to create a fetus. Love is optional in that instance. Highly desired, preferred and prized, but optional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigh Kaufman View Post
And once this was achieved, it's incomprehensible that they will remain together because there are not enough precedents - in Hollywood, at least (though both are British) - to satisfy the central conceit that a young man can love an older woman?
I think the central conceit here is you're talking romance and plucky optimism and BadCoverVersion and I are discussing responsibility, something that according to statistics lasts much longer than romance after marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigh Kaufman View Post
Tony Randall be damned. This is a couple who have committed to one another, are happy to delcare their love via their engagement, and now have precluded the sentiment that "it's just a dude boning a chick" by announcing the arrival of their child.
A former co-worker of mine is engaged to a man who before he popped the question, for almost two years was the subject of many disturbing questions posed by his now fiance to us, her friends pretty much since the beginning of their relationship right on up to a week before he popped the question.

But according to the logic in your sentence, since they're engaged, it is a signpost of their love and that any peripheral knowledge or issues should be ignored by those outside the couple and they should just let them be on their merry?


But unlike my friend, I don't really know these two, and hey neither do you so I think we're both at an impass.


I am not villifying them, I'm not affected by their lives and decisions, but I had a a thought/criticism and I shared it here on the Celeb/Gossip Forum, where once upon a time I think I shared with you that its central purpose was as a hen house, full of clucking.

Last edited by electriclite; 03-26-2010 at 12:00 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-26-2010, 02:06 AM
the only thing i think of when reading this is how fascinating their story must be.

the flirting
the work relationship blossoming
the first kiss
the first fuck
the pregnancy
the proposal
him telling his parents

it all seems quite humorous.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-26-2010, 02:59 AM

Aslong as he is happy man, there shouldnt be a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-26-2010, 10:52 AM
As long as either ages are LEGAL depending where they are residing and when travelling WHO CARES! Age is just a number.

But then again Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones which I found interesting is that Mike happens to the same age as Catherine's father?

hmmmmm......
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-26-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
I think the central conceit here is you're talking romance and plucky optimism and BadCoverVersion and I are discussing responsibility, something that according to statistics lasts much longer than romance after marriage.
BUT...BUT...BUT...YOU'RE A HYPOCRITE FOR...wait. IF IT WAS HE WHO WERE OLDER....no....

Realistically, I think you're both right on the mark. Relationships that can be fulfilling and pragmatic instantly stomp prolonged infatuations. How is this even debatable? Unless someone can personally speak from the experience of that 19-year-old or that 42-year-old, and provide a credible case that it's a serious relationship and not just an infatuation or merely a sexual thing, then it's perfectly reasonable to find the whole thing as questionable as we want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
I am not villifying them, I'm not affected by their lives and decisions, but I had a a thought/criticism and I shared it here on the Celeb/Gossip Forum, where once upon a time I think I shared with you that its central purpose was as a hen house, full of clucking.
Absolutely. This is why I hate these kind of threads, because as soon as anyone has an opinion about a matter like this, everyone gets into the "what business is it of your's?" bit. It's not like we're imploring everyone to write their congressman (or member of parliament, in this case) to do something about some weird romance. But damn, some people really do have a problem with any criticism in this regard. Good thing my posts are generally ignored around here.

I wouldn't even have an opinion on this matter if it weren't for the simple fact that people born in the 60's are just so much different from those born in the 90's that a serious romantic involvement is nothing short of astounding. There is something about the 90's that disconnects them from the rest of us old geezers. I was born in the 80's and every time I talk to someone born in the 90's, no matter what year they were born, it's impossible to ignore very real generational differences.

But hey, Muhammad married an older woman, and I think we can all agree he was a relatively successful person.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-26-2010, 04:25 PM
This woman already has two kids from her previous marriage. Have fun Aaron!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-26-2010, 10:29 PM
I don't think it's a smart move, but the point is the kid is old enough to make his own mistakes without the world bouncing on him.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-26-2010, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
This woman already has two kids from her previous marriage. Have fun Aaron!
I'm curious as to how old they are.

I'd love to see one of their future Boxing Day gatherings.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post
She's a fiercely intelligent and interesting woman...I don't think her looks should even enter the equation.

BUT my gut says she's irresponsible in allowing herself to get knocked up by a teen. He's way too young to be tied down like this IMO...and she should have known better than to rush into Parenthood with an inexperienced boy with the world at his feet.
Yeah. I tend to agree. Maybe the condom broke and they didn't really plan on it. Plus, I wonder how mature he is to be able to satisfy a woman like that both intellectually and physically.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-28-2010, 05:55 PM
Idiotic by him, irresonsible by her. It weighs out evenly.


They may love eachother, but bringing a baby into the world at his young age and as he is just finding stardom is ridicuous.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump