Old 04-02-2010, 01:29 PM
anime series thread

so what is everyone watching at mo?

discuss...

Old 04-03-2010, 11:37 AM
I haven't been blown away by too many shows lately. As of now, I'm watching FMA Brotherhood, which is legitimately great. I love all things Alchemist, and it's really one of the best manga/anime there ever has been.

I'm also in the process of watching Moribito. Beautiful art, great characters, a bit slow, though.

Now that 07-Ghost is complete, I might give it a shot. Heard mixed things.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
I'm also in the process of watching Moribito. Beautiful art, great characters, a bit slow, though.
i vant to see this

nothing much has appealed to me either. i am waiting for a series of monster standard
Old 04-04-2010, 06:15 PM
dk, watched the first ep of moribito and loved it. my kind of pacing
Old 04-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Yeah I like Moribito a lot. I think I just had the wrong idea heading into it. Was kind of expecting an all-out action show with some sophistication (like a more mature Bleach or something) but that's not the case at all. The pacing actually fits the premise. It's very talky and very character-driven. Pretty awesome show. And when there ARE fight scenes, the animation is among the best I've seen in a tv show. Rivals most movies to be honest.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Not a huge anime fan anymore, kindof just got burnt out on the genre when I was younger and all that shit was first gettin' all super popular. I think the last anime that I really dug was this....

Oh, and this was pretty dope too...

Clearly, I like samurais.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:07 PM
Finished the new Inuyasha. Much better than the original series. 26 episodes, lots of action, very fast paced... definitely worth it for people who watched the original but didn't want to read the manga for closure. It flies by. Also love how important Sesshomaru is. Easily the most interesting character.

7/10
Old 04-09-2010, 07:55 AM
Haven't really watched anything in the last few years, starting to get back into it now. Just started watching Gurren Lagaan, 3 episodes in and I'm really enjoying it. Also watched the first 2 episodes of Gun Sword which is looking pretty damn good as well.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
Just started watching Gurren Lagaan, 3 episodes in and I'm really enjoying it.
Phenomenal show that only gets better.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Yeah I like Moribito a lot. I think I just had the wrong idea heading into it. Was kind of expecting an all-out action show with some sophistication (like a more mature Bleach or something) but that's not the case at all. The pacing actually fits the premise. It's very talky and very character-driven. Pretty awesome show. And when there ARE fight scenes, the animation is among the best I've seen in a tv show. Rivals most movies to be honest.
true gov. on ep 7 at mo. yeah i find it hard getting into something if it aint character driven, and if there's action all the time i get bored. looks to be the best series i have seen since mushi-shi, could be better than ghost hound
Old 04-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Recently watched Beck again for the first time in maybe 5 years. It's just so wonderful and endearing, a great, great show. It actually makes me think of Almost Famous, now that I think about it - same mix of rock n' roll and teenage slice of life/coming of age type situation. Plus the engrish is such a great added bit of unintentional comedy that weirdens the whole thing, especially with this series because half the characters are supposed to be American/raised in America, and almost all the song lyrics that the various fictional bands play are in english.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:08 PM
the spear fight between jiguro and tagul in ep 21 was handled with such class. still loving moribito
Old 05-29-2010, 04:10 PM
just finished

wicked series! could possibly feature in my top 10

start on nana next i fink
Old 05-29-2010, 05:10 PM
actually as i can burn to disk and watch on tv i am checking out legend of the galactic heroes, so far so good. i likes the atmosphere!

Old 05-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post
just finished

wicked series! could possibly feature in my top 10

start on nana next i fink
Nana's a fucking incredible show. One of the only shoujo anime I've seen that handles sex in a very mature manner (as in not "LOLOLOL THEY'RE GONNA HAVE SEX). Anyway, I'm currently watching Gurren Lagann; it's pretty epic. I only have a few episodes left. Now that I have a 750 gig hard drive, I'm going to fill that fucker right up. By the way, didn't we have an anime sub-forum? Whatever happened to it?
Old 05-29-2010, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfd3657 View Post
By the way, didn't we have an anime sub-forum? Whatever happened to it?
bunch of haters decided to wipe it from existance, without asking the schmoes who posted there!? it was bleedin' out of order

lose one of the many horror forums and bring it back i say

sex in nana? oh lords
Old 05-29-2010, 08:02 PM
clearly going by my username I'm big into the Bleach universe. Seen every episode(even the filler eps ugh) and seen every movie so far. Just waiting for this series to end so I can re-start on Death Note and Code Geass
Old 05-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Quote:
bunch of haters decided to wipe it from existance, without asking the schmoes who posted there!? it was bleedin' out of order

lose one of the many horror forums and bring it back i say

sex in nana? oh lords
Oh, I don't mean sex in terms of sex scenes. I just mean the way they handle the topic is very mature. Because most anime is like LOLBOOBS!
Old 05-30-2010, 12:53 AM
am currently watching dragonball Z
just finished samuri shampoo ,full metal alchemist, irresponsible captian tylor and herouc age.

never got to watch DBZ when it was on. so now im collrcting the sets
Old 05-30-2010, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BankaiZaraki View Post
clearly going by my username I'm big into the Bleach universe. Seen every episode(even the filler eps ugh) and seen every movie so far. Just waiting for this series to end so I can re-start on Death Note and Code Geass
You mean you're waiting for Bleach to end? I'm pretty sure that's gonna be another 10 years or so. The current manga arc is allegedly ending sometime this summer (feels like it, too) and there are 2 more arcs after that. Each significant arct takes a LONG time to animate (thanks to filler). Don't hold your breath.

Quote:
actually as i can burn to disk and watch on tv i am checking out legend of the galactic heroes, so far so good. i likes the atmosphere!
Oldie, but a goodie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbar1026 View Post
am currently watching dragonball Z
just finished samuri shampoo ,full metal alchemist, irresponsible captian tylor and herouc age.

never got to watch DBZ when it was on. so now im collrcting the sets
If you have a chance, you should check out Dragonball Kai. It's DBZ without the filler episodes, and somewhat improved art
Old 05-31-2010, 04:18 AM
Quote:
If you have a chance, you should check out Dragonball Kai. It's DBZ without the filler episodes, and somewhat improved art
yeah i know but i want to wait until it comes down in price and for all of it to be avaliable to buy. im also wanting to watch FMA brotherhood
Old 05-31-2010, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfd3657 View Post
Nana's a fucking incredible show
after seeing the first two ep's nana is already helping me be more tolerant to girly girls, and it may also have something to do with me joining the gym today. this time i plan to stick it out for two weeks!
Old 06-02-2010, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbar1026 View Post
yeah i know but i want to wait until it comes down in price and for all of it to be avaliable to buy. im also wanting to watch FMA brotherhood
There are dozens of sites that stream Brotherhood subtitled. Strongly recommend it if you watched the original show. It definitely glosses over a lot of the mythology, assuming the viewer is either a manga reader or has seen the first series.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:17 PM
all this cheating business is a little upsetting in nana
Old 07-10-2010, 12:39 PM
although its not actually anime i highly recommend avatar the last airbender
i watched the whole series in a huge marathon and it is epic!
Old 07-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Mind providing recommendations on anime. I kinda like these little shows that have an element of comedy in them. I just recently finished Bamboo Blades and two seasons of Nodame Cantabile. Loved them.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:38 PM
the irresposible captian tylor is a funny show about 95% of the time i would recomend it.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe8byrant View Post
Mind providing recommendations on anime. I kinda like these little shows that have an element of comedy in them. I just recently finished Bamboo Blades and two seasons of Nodame Cantabile. Loved them.
Outright comedies: Cromartie High, Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, Seto no Hanayome, Lucky Star (although much of it is satire making fun of anime cliches, so if you don't watch a lot of anime and read a lot of manga, it might not work for you)

Funny shows with heart: Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Asumanga Daioh, Great Teacher Onizuka (personally think it's overrated, but it's a classic), Toradora, maybe the Honey and Clover series.

Anything Lupin is great, too, if you don't mind the old art. Castle of Cagliostro is one of the most fun anime movies ever.

Last edited by Darth Kenshin; 07-12-2010 at 01:58 PM..
Old 10-10-2010, 04:17 PM
blade has been added to the madhouse marvel lineup. 16 eps in each series! ah yeah
Old 10-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Great thread - good to see an anime board return!
Watching:

Old 10-18-2010, 05:20 PM
just grabbed eden of the east, and i will finally get round to seeing ergo proxy
Old 10-20-2010, 05:59 PM
eden of the east is awesome, i am hooked
Old 10-20-2010, 08:02 PM
It's been over 10 years I'm watching anime in and out, still today my favorite is Cowboy Bebop.
Recently I loved Baccano! and like many here Moribito.
For the fans of samurais, I highly advise to watch Sword of the Stranger, one of the best film anime I've seen. And if you want try something more experimental, Kaiba is really good.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:26 AM
what a shame that the last few eps of eden of the east felt so rushed. it needed to be a 20 part series

Old 11-07-2010, 12:44 PM
finished devil may cry, it was ok. mindless action in the same vein as fist of the north star

watching trigun at mo
Old 12-06-2010, 06:56 PM
finished watching trigun, was ace

was put off by the goofiness at first but it's excellent writing and interesting story made it great

spoiler
loved the ep where young knives goes berserk on the ship. gutted about mr priest
Old 12-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Quote:
finished watching trigun, was ace

was put off by the goofiness at first but it's excellent writing and interesting story made it great

spoiler
loved the ep where young knives goes berserk on the ship. gutted about mr priest
Yeah... Trigun strikes a magnificent balance of utter goofiness and them some really, really deep moments (particularly involving Knives). I loved the resolution of Wolfwood and Legato, too. Very powerful stuff for a show that started out about as goofy as any I've seen. Remains one of my favorites of all time. Manga is even better (more Legato and Knives)
Old 12-07-2010, 06:32 PM
hmm....

what to watch now?
Old 12-10-2010, 05:27 AM
watching street fighter 2 the animated series and good lord the dub and dialogue is bad but i'll see it through for the fighters. enjoying it actually
Old 12-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Completely forgot I had posted in this thread before lol. Anyways I'm still watching Bleach(the show that never dies)..I've seen episodes of High School of the Dead(which is pretty good)..My ex said the Japanese Death Note is really good so I was gonna give that a shot as well.