Old 04-04-2001, 06:48 AM
Song from American Beauty trailer

Can anyone tell me what song is playing over the trailer to American Beauty? I also heard the song in the long trailer from A Bug's Life ... thanx you guys [img]/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2001, 02:32 PM
Well there are 2 songs in the trailer. One is the theme to American Beauty called Dead Already by Thomas Newman. It has no words in it, it is part of the score. The other song is Baba O'Riley by The Who. It gets very fast paced, its used in a lot of trailers. That's probably the one you are talking about.
Old 04-04-2001, 06:36 PM
Baba O'Riley by The Who (original title on the 'Who's Next' album) is also known as 'Teenage Wasteland' (at least it is all over Napster as this lol.)

Top song.

Best use I have seen of this song in a movie: Summmer of Sam
Old 04-05-2001, 07:52 AM
YupYupYup, thank you LouLou and Ferris, it was indeed the song by The Who I was looking for. Thanks a lot ...
Old 05-09-2010, 06:58 AM
can someone tell me this first song in America Beauty trailer you can listen here

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q3ltyPJJMQ
It starts in 0:13 and end in 1:13

Last edited by Thermaltake; 05-09-2010 at 08:36 AM..
Old 05-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermaltake View Post
can someone tell me this first song in America Beauty trailer you can listen here

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q3ltyPJJMQ
It starts in 0:13 and end in 1:13
Its from Thomas Newmans score to the Kevin Costner film 'The War' its on the soundtrack CD but cant remember which track exactly

Wow 11 years later & ppl are still trying to figure out Baba O Riley funnay