Old 04-24-2010, 10:33 PM
Why Brendan Fraser?

Why?

WHY?

WHY?!?!?!?!
Old 04-24-2010, 10:44 PM
Why not?

I feel your pain... I think. I have seen two of the above three films. And I didn't like them.

The third, Furry Vengeance.. This sums it up.. It stinks

Old 04-24-2010, 10:56 PM
I like Brendan Fraser in his cheesiness. I like the Mummy Movies, I like Encino Man, Dudley Do Right and George of the Jungle have special spots in my heart as childhood movies. But Why?
Old 04-24-2010, 11:32 PM
It's a deal he made with the devil. He gets to keep his hair as long as he stars in crappy family movie.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:46 PM
He is a terrible actor and he deserves this shit.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:16 AM
Lol...
Old 04-25-2010, 12:24 AM
Holy shit. Look at the marquee on Inkheart.

Paul Bettany, Helen Mirren, Jim Broadbent, Andy Serkis. And Brendan Fraser.

One of these things is not like the other.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:11 AM
Haha he will always have a spot in my heart for the first Mummy and George of the Jungle, as well as his guest spots on Scrubs.

At some point though a mans gotta cash some checks in his career and that's what family movies are for.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:44 AM
Fraser was never deserving of his career. He's another guy with an astounding longevity that can only signal some form of voodoo and animal sacrifice that's ensured his solid acting career. Even when in attempted credible films, the man can't act for shit.

I wish he's recede in to the night like his hair.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:56 AM
anyone notice that when he goes and does the kids films, he then recedes back into the underground to try and maintain his artistic integrity? yeah, he's a fucking sell out that goes back to the indie people and says "HUR DUR I AM NOT A SELL OUT LOOK I AM ACTING IN A INDEPENDENT FILM!"
Old 04-25-2010, 01:58 AM
I like him! Brendan is gr8 for these no-brainer have fun films.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsyder View Post
He is a terrible actor and he deserves this shit.
Agree.

How does he keep getting work?
Old 04-25-2010, 11:06 AM
Anyone remember the movie School Ties? It had him, Matt Damon and Ben Affleck in it. Havent seen it in ages but I remember really liking it.

Also, I like Fraser in The Quiet American, Gods and Monsters, The Mummy and yes even Airheads.

But yeah it does seem like when Hollywood needs a star for some retarded family film, its "get Brendan Fraser on the phone!".
Old 04-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Does anyone else like Blast from the Past? It's not high art but I certainly found it quite enjoyable and entertaining. Light and fluffy and silly, but a fun concept that translates to a fun movie. And Sissy Spacek and Chris Walken as the parents is always a plus!
Old 04-25-2010, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotreme View Post
Does anyone else like Blast from the Past? It's not high art but I certainly found it quite enjoyable and entertaining. Light and fluffy and silly, but a fun concept that translates to a fun movie. And Sissy Spacek and Chris Walken as the parents is always a plus!
Right here! It's actually my favorite Hugh Wilson movie (yes, even including Police Academy).
Old 04-26-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_rambo View Post

WHY?!?!?!?!
Old 04-26-2010, 06:17 PM
I understand Inkheart... and Journey blablabla... but the one with the dancing animals.. oy! Seriously how much did the bear paid you to sleep with him...
Old 04-26-2010, 07:15 PM
Why must I share the same name with Brendan Fraser? Why can't a cooler famous person have my name?

Eh, oh well. At least Brendan Gleeson is cool.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
. . . as well as his guest spots on Scrubs.
I love his guest spots on "Scrubs," the last one probably being my all-time favorite episode.

The Mummy was a fun movie to watch, but a lot of his movies have not appealed to me at all . . . the 3 that were mentioned included. I thought Crash was pretty good, but not for anything he in particular did for the movie.

Encino Man was sort of a guilty pleasure when I was a kid, but haven't seen it in years.

I don't know if I'd call him a sell-out though; he does family movies . . . he's done a lot of them. He's not out to make award-winning films; he's out to make films that appeal to a very wide audience.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:50 AM
"Why Brendan Fraser?"

The question confuses me.

I search for answers.

My discovery: we really are talking about the Encino Man/George of the Jungle guy.

Off come my pants and I walk into the night.

CUE: LONLEY MAN (THEME FROM HULK)
Old 04-27-2010, 02:06 AM
Of the three films john_rambo mentioned, none were ever as bad as Crash, which is far and away Fraser's worst film. A stupid, contrived commentary on race relations.

I do agree, though, that Fraser sucks donkey nuts as an actor... "Hi, I'm Brendan Fraser, and I will be playing ________ today, but you couldn't tell, because it's the not the role you are seeing, it's Brendan Fraser as that role!"
Old 04-27-2010, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisitu_1_1 View Post
It's a deal he made with the devil. He gets to keep his hair as long as he stars in crappy family movie.
Actually, no he doesn't.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:39 AM
The only comedy film of his I really like is bedazzled, but then again I think that has more to do with Elizabeth Hurley dressed up as a school girl & numerous other kinky outfits. Out of the 3 movies put up by the original poster all I've seen is Journey to the centre of the earth which is possibly the worst family movie I've ever watched considering the budget they were given. That Furry Vengeance movie looks really really bad I honestly wouldn't watch If you payed me, unless E'beth Hurley's in it.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan M. View Post
Eh, oh well. At least Brendan Gleeson is cool.
Hell, yes! He's awesome.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:20 PM
I think he's damn good in the first 2 Mummys. He had the natural action star quality to him. To bad that was already a over a decade ago.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Brendan Fraser has always had a cheesy quality to him, but I think it worked in movies like the Mummy, he was entertaining in those.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopontheshoes7 View Post
I think he's damn good in the first 2 Mummys. He had the natural action star quality to him. To bad that was already a over a decade ago.
He wasn't a good "action" star.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:51 PM
A few nights ago me and a few buddies watched pretty much all of the 3rd mummy movie on mute basically mystery science theatering the shit out of it. It was a great time, and I was completely able to follow the plot even without sound. Anyways my point is that I'm always down with some good old fashioned Brendan Fraser crap.

And Blast From the Past was pretty freaking awesome.

And the Mummy. And George of the Jungle. And Airheads.

And the ever classic Encino Man.

But not Monkey Bone.

Fuck Monkey Bone.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:01 AM
So far Fury Vengeance has a 00% rating on rotten tomatoes.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1212...rry_vengeance/
Old 04-30-2010, 09:16 AM
I like the first Mummy, Airheads, and Inkheart is a guilty pleasure of mine. But thats more due to Paul Bettany than Brendan Fraser.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:48 PM
I really like Brendan Frasier he has shown he has a tremendous amount of talent brewing beneath the surface in films such as Gods and Monsters as well as the Quiet American. I really enjoyed Inkheart but the rest of his recent films have not really impressed me.

Last edited by darknite125; 05-05-2010 at 09:54 PM..
Old 05-06-2010, 01:42 AM
I like Blast From The Past and Airheads.

The first two Mummy films were decent at least. They had a couple of exciting action scenes and kept my interest.

I've soured on Crash a bit over the years but I still don't hate it and it's an okay movie. Frasier's completely forgettable in it though.

Every other movie I've seen with him in it have been pretty bad.