Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > General Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Porky's is better than American Pie Actually! True! Other Teen Com.

Actually, I despise the American Pie series more than life itself. It was an awful attempt to revive that strange sub-genre of teen sex comedy that died in the 80's that Porky's started!

Porky's is a bad movie but I really liked it as a young dude! I hated Porky's 2... For some unknown reason, I think I liked Porky's 3 when it played on USA during Up All Night (I think) in the early 90's...

Porky's is ridiculous! The gym teacher who I loved in the girls shower room with the d***... This was right at the beginning of the slasher phase that would sweep the 80's so there is that scene with the guy with the machete too with all the naked dudes!

My younger cousins watched Porky's when they were around 12 and 14 (19,19,22 now) and really liked it. I know a lot of others who saw it in the 80's itself. I wasn't alive in 1980.

Porky's wins! Way over American Pie! I hate that series more than life itself... I just hate it! And I was in the right dem. for it and I still hate it! I hated the first movie... I forced myself to watch the 2nd... I forced myself to watch The Wedding... By the time I was older is when all those DTV sequels started popping up culminating in American Pie 7: Book of Love which may be one of the worst movies ever. I had to review these. I didn't want to watch them...

And I did like Clueless in 1995 which revived the teen comedy genre after it died in 1988 with License to Drive starring Corey Haim (1988 was the year Corey Haim was the highest paid teen! I liked that too)... Brat pack Sixteen Candles? Liked that too! Breakfast Club? Ok! Weird Science? Couldn't stand it...

I'd drift oft into the National Lampoons Vacation series but those aren't teen comedy, they just have secondary teen characters... More...
Old 05-14-2010, 03:12 PM
The original American Pie kicks ass. Nothing against Porky's, which I love also but the original American Pie with the introduction of Steve Stifler was and is great.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:39 PM
I really enjoy the American Pie movies more than I do Porky's. It's because I can identify with that better. Every character in that movie represents me and my group of friends. I would be Jim because almost every thing I did to impress the ladies in High School just exploded right in my fucking face, granted I was never in the situations like he was but I had my fair share of mishaps. I do not watch those shitty DTDvd American Pie Presents movies but I wouldn't mind an actual American Pie sequel. Porky's I really can't do that, I don't think it held the test of time very well. To me the American Pie movies aren't true Teen Sex comedies like Porky's. I look at them (Im talking the main three) as coming of age comedies that meet the main characters in important events in their lives and just happens to involve sex. Porky's pretty much just is sex.

Also two other teen movies I still love are Dazed and Confused and Varsity Blues.

Last edited by Frosty_86; 05-14-2010 at 03:46 PM..
Old 05-14-2010, 04:13 PM
For some reason, the phrase "I despise the American Pie series more than life itself" made me laugh so hard I had to make my first post in almost a year.
This guy's threads are like Christmas morning, to me.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:22 AM
American Pie was a good movie, and Porky's was not. American Pie had a sense of sentimentality that was more than just a faux sense of 1950s nostalgia made up of nothing more than letterman jackets and oldies songs and was meant to mainly appeal to middle class guys. American Pie actually was more heart than fart, but I can't say the same for Porky's, which saddens me because I'm as nostalgic for the 80s as the next guy.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgizzy316 View Post
The original American Pie kicks ass. Nothing against Porky's, which I love also but the original American Pie with the introduction of Steve Stifler was and is great.
American Pie was watered down softcore shit.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaStrangelove View Post
American Pie was a good movie, and Porky's was not. American Pie had a sense of sentimentality that was more than just a faux sense of 1950s nostalgia made up of nothing more than letterman jackets and oldies songs and was meant to mainly appeal to middle class guys. American Pie actually was more heart than fart, but I can't say the same for Porky's, which saddens me because I'm as nostalgic for the 80s as the next guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
American Pie was watered down softcore shit.
Porky's is not a movie I would call "good". I would call it fun. It's balls to the wall and everything goes. I can't put a pretender like American Pie over it. I couldn't ever relate to the girly men in American Pie to be honest with you.

Last edited by rocknblues81; 05-15-2010 at 12:30 PM..
Old 05-15-2010, 04:35 PM

I loved Porkys. Especially the part where that guy stuck his dick in the shower hole and the female gym teacher grabbed it.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
Porky's is not a movie I would call "good". I would call it fun. It's balls to the wall and everything goes. I can't put a pretender like American Pie over it. I couldn't ever relate to the girly men in American Pie to be honest with you.

Honestly I never understood the comparisons between American Pie and Porkys, and not to the hundreds of other teen sex comedies, much less how it's a pretender. The only similarities are that it's about horny guys, which sums up a lot of films. I'd say American Pie owes more to There's Something About Mary than to Porkys. As for being able to relate to the characters, I haven't been able to do that with a teen movie since the early-90s and that was Pump Up The Volume, a pretty far cry from Porkys - Of course, I did stick my dicks in holes, so I can get how every guy can relate to that. Finding out that sex isn't that big a deal while in high school - probably not so much.

Last edited by The Postmaster General; 05-16-2010 at 01:19 PM..