Old 06-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Micheal Sheen

I have recently watched Michael Sheen In the 'Unthinable' and I'm not sure but it was the first major character he has played that wasn't a figure from history.
In 'The Queen' with Helen Mirren, he played the English Prime Minister Tony Blair or 'Frost/Nixon' he played David Frost next to Frank Langella playing Nixon. He even played a well-known Big-headed Football manager in a low-budget movie about the the enigmatic Brian Clough in 'The Damned United' (Soccer Manager to all you from over the pond). In his recent outing he plays an American terrorist with a twist, I have been overtly impressed by his performances, yep a great actor from Wales the next Anthony Hopkins?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	michael-sheen.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	8465  
Old 06-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Dude is a fantastic actor, I do look forward to more work in which he doesn't play British celebrities.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Definitely agree, he's extremely talented. I have been worried about him being typecast, especially since I heard he's playing Tony Blair in his next film. But he's always a pleasure to watch, I just hope he branches out as his career goes on.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:32 PM
I thought he was great in The Queen and Frost/Nixon, and also really funny on a recurring guest-role on 30 Rock, playing "Wesley Snipes." Yes, Wesley Snipes. LOL.

Apparently he's in the Twilight movies, too...so I guess the guy gets around.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:35 PM
One of my favorite actors working today; really underrated. I actually think it's fascinating that one guy can be so adept at playing so many different famous characters, and genuinely resembling every single one of them. The man is a fucking CHAMELEON. He'd be the new Gary Oldman if he started taking more villainous roles. Which would be AWESOME, by the way
Old 06-07-2010, 04:31 PM
I've only seen him in Frost/Nixon and the first Underworld movie. He was unforgettable in the latter, but pretty impressive in the first - even though he was overshadowed by Frank Langella.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
I've only seen him in Frost/Nixon and the first Underworld movie. He was unforgettable in the latter, but pretty impressive in the first - even though he was overshadowed by Frank Langella.
I gotta disagree with that. Langella was great in Frost/Nixon, but I don't think he overshadowed Sheen at all. I thought they were both equally excellent in the movie.

He's been great in just about every movie I've seen in him in including that still yet unreleased thriller Unthinkable, in which he's really fantastic in. Great actor, for sure.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:24 PM
I watched Unthinkable only 3 days ago, and I can't remember who he was in it. I loved the movie. It was good.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
I watched Unthinkable only 3 days ago, and I can't remember who he was in it. I loved the movie. It was good.
How could you not remember who he played? He was one of the 3 main characters.

There is Samuel L. Jackson, Carrie Ann Moss and Sheen who played the terrorist who planted the nukes.

Actually, Sheen is pretty unrecognizeable in the part. So maybe that's why you didn't know it was him.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Yeah, he looks totally different with that black curly hair in Unthinkable.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:34 AM
I saw the Unthinkable trailer and actually didn't recognize him until his name flashed on the screen. Actually, when you think about it, he really looks different in many of his parts. Like I said, chameleon:

Old 06-08-2010, 04:48 AM
I have all three Underworld movies, and I have seen them all several times each. Yet, only now do I know who that dude is. Daymn...
Old 06-08-2010, 06:18 AM
Yes, Sheen was fucking badass in the third Underworld movie.

He really is like a young Gary Oldman, who like him, is able to completely disappear into a character and really change his appearence for each role.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:25 AM
I expect massive things from Sheen. Such a diverse, charismatic and chameleon-like performer.

He was brilliant in Wilde and I also remember him appearing in the hugely charming and underrated Bright Young Things.

My favourite performance of his has to be as Kenneth Williams in Fantabulosa.

It's available on youtube (in parts) for those who are interested.

LINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackassFan View Post
especially since I heard he's playing Tony Blair in his next film.
I believe it's for a TV production. Of course he already portrayed Tony brilliantly in The Queen.