Old 06-22-2010, 11:08 PM
Marvel Comics -Prince Namor, The Sub-Mariner!

Is there any cooler Superhero (and from time to time Super Villain) than Marvel Comics original mutant, the Sub-Mariner?! Over the years Marvel Comics Prince Namor of Atlantis,has been handled by some of the Marvel "Bullpen" best! Artists ,such as Bill Everett (the character's Creator-RIP) Jack Kirby (RIP) John Buscema (RIP) Marie Severin(Marie drew the most issues from the late 60's -early 70's Series) Gene Colan Frank Robbins (RIP) Sal Buscema Jim Mooney (RIP) Sam Kweskin (RIP) Don Heck (RIP) George Tuska (RIP) Herb Trimpe John Romita Gil Kane (RIP) Rich Buckler and many others. All unique in their own version of Namor. I like the simplicity of this characters design-originally copper colored trunks-then green ones, as well as the (see covers) black Regal costume.Sub-Marnier also wore awesome bronze metal wrist bands and has winged ankles! pointed ears - half human -half Atlantean.(a Mutate/Namor McKenzie, son of a Human Father and an Atlantean Mother).A Prince! A Superhero! A personal favorite! QUESTION IS-WILL THERE EVER BE A FEATURE FILM? I use to say "Robert Patrick" like 10 years ago-would have BEEN PERFECT- for the role...not now.
Click image for larger version

Name:	subby69.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	8520

Name:	submariner_67.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	8521

Name:	subby33.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	8522

Name:	supervillainteamup6.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	8523

Name:	Fantastic Four v1 147.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	8707

Last edited by Dr.Frankenstein; 05-12-2011 at 05:29 AM..
Old 06-22-2010, 11:18 PM
He's the better character of the Marvel Universe.

I hope he never gets a movie. They'll butcher him.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminal_83 View Post
He's the better character of the Marvel Universe.

I hope he never gets a movie. They'll butcher him.
That's always a risk for sure,when giving life to these characters on the big screen.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:56 PM
I remember the Rock was in heavy consideration. I hope he never gets a movie. He's too great a character.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminal_83 View Post
I remember the Rock was in heavy consideration. I hope he never gets a movie. He's too great a character.
I hear ya, but The Rock does have the look for it.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Yo Marvel! tap Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson for the role! U kno yr gonna use "Sub-Mariner" likely in "The Avengers 2" so...If it were the 1990's I'd suggest Robert Patrick. One other current actor who I think would work? is Jason Statham.

Last edited by Dr.Frankenstein; 10-17-2011 at 03:37 PM..
Old 01-19-2014, 05:11 PM
really he's the better character of the Marvel Universe