Old 09-20-2012, 07:29 PM
What kind of asshole steals wedding gifts?!

Seriously. Who the fuck steals wedding gifts?

My buddy's wedding was two weekends ago and it was awesome. Unfortunately, several of the wedding gifts which were predominantly money were stolen sometime during the wedding, including all of us groomsmen's gifts (which were in one envelope with a "condolences" card to the bride as a joke).

Who the fuck does that?

Pretty fucking pissed right now. I gave a hefty amount to help them out cause he's one of my oldest friends and cause I gave my max, I can't even afford to give them a bit more right now.

Seriously, my faith in humanity has just gone down the drain.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Wow that's really low. Does he have any idea who it might have been? A guest or someone working at the wedding?

Last edited by Bourne101; 09-20-2012 at 08:32 PM..
Old 09-20-2012, 09:04 PM
No ideas right now. It could have been either. They're thinking the envelopes were taken after the gifts were moved up to the bride's private bathroom.

You gotta be pretty fucking low to do something like that especially after being invited...I'd hope it wasn't one of the guests.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Wow, that's really not cool, especially if the couple had the courtesy of inviting the thief.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:11 AM
What kind of person does that? A scumbag. A real grade "A" scumbag. That was a buddy and it isn't even the money or the blender, it's about the bond that buddies have. That's fucking gone for good now. I hope the guy uses that blender and ends up choking on a jumbo sized smoothie of regret. I can't believe there are people like that. No honor among thieves!
Old 09-21-2012, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPhoenix View Post
No ideas right now. It could have been either. They're thinking the envelopes were taken after the gifts were moved up to the bride's private bathroom.

You gotta be pretty fucking low to do something like that especially after being invited...I'd hope it wasn't one of the guests.
Damn dude.. I was going to say that most weddings have pro photographers there and with Digital, they snap thousands of photos... so maybe the photographer snapped a random shot that may have the culprit in the background... but if the gifts were moved up to a private area, there may be no photo evidence.

I'm sorry to hear that dude.. my closest friend just got married in July, and if that had happened there, I would be Law & Ordering that shit until I found the person and then when I did, a fresh fist to the face would not be out of the question (and I am a dirty fighter if I need to be, so you could expect a nut shot as well)
Old 09-21-2012, 06:11 AM

You're not alone.....I was at a cousin's wedding roughly a year and a half ago...and I heard rumblings that some cards were stolen by.......
Spoiler:
her own parents

For. Real.

Wouldn't surprise...they have serious drug problems and thank God the bride has turned out okay...they have a history of stealing from family...like 10 years ago my parents CAUGHT them taking my brothers new Gameboy system. Needless to say they haven't stepped foot in my parents house since.

Some people suck.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:03 AM
I am seriously upset for you, dude. Just when you thought you'd seen it all. Then this happens. This is actually the first time I have heard of an incident like this. Unbelievable.

Quote:
Seriously. Who the fuck steals wedding gifts?
Assholes.

Quote:
Who the fuck does that?
See above.

Quote:
Seriously, my faith in humanity has just gone down the drain.
Mine went down the drain when I became aware of what people are really like. And I use the term 'people' very loosely. And that was many many years ago.

Last edited by God of War; 09-21-2012 at 07:13 AM..
Old 09-21-2012, 09:15 AM
Shaking my head.
People can't even enjoy a wedding without some s***stick coming along and ruining it.
Security at a wedding? Is this what its come to?
Seriously screwed up.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:16 AM
magjournal - Yeah I just have a hard time grasping the idea that anyone who knew them could care little enough to do that. Still hoping it was someone working at the venue rather than someone who knew them but if it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
I hope the guy uses that blender and ends up choking on a jumbo sized smoothie of regret.
...Perfect.

Skynet - they did have a candid photographer at the wedding so maybe she picked something up but yeah, the private bathrooms were down their own hall so it's unfortunately unlikely that she managed to snap anything incriminating. Still, I think they will definitely look over those photos just in case. Thanks for the tip.

AspectRatio - that's seriously fucking horrible. Glad she got away from them at least and has her own life!

God of War - Thanks man. I'd never heard of anything like this either, never even imagined it could happen but when I brought it up to my parents, they just took it in stride as some kind of regular occurrence at weddings

Rusty - Yeah I have several friends who seem close to getting married in the next few years though so I guess this will be a cautionary tale for all of them to step up the security on the gifts. Absolutely ridiculous that we can't just enjoy a wedding any more and have to actually worry about whether we can trust our friends
Old 09-21-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm sorry JC...but...that was me. Ok not cool, but thought that may alleviate the tension and overall downer. I hope you find whoever it is and skullfuck...the shit outta him/her. But seriously, that pisses me off just reading this. Is the schmoeville the only real place around here?
Old 09-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Post your story, with pics of smiling bride and groom, on reddit. Not a crazy shot that people will donate enough to make up for what was stolen.

Also, I'm sorry to hear about that. Pretty low motherfucker whoever it was.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:40 PM
Yeah, and posting the story here with righteous indignation is a perfect smokescreen for your guilt. Nobody would ever suspect you after all that, it's brilliant!

I'm just kidding, that's seriously fucked up. Are you aware of anybody who has serious drug problems? I'd like to think that's the only thing that would drive somebody to do something so low.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:20 PM
Wow. First class scumfuckery.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:10 PM
Some people just have no shame or class. Here's hoping the bastard(s) is(are) found.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:40 PM
Geez that is terrible that a person wpuld do this

But there are arseholss out there who will do this type of thing but at a wedding that is really low
Old 09-22-2012, 10:57 AM
Maybe the real crime was what was left in the envelope? hmm hmm.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:16 PM
the kind of assholes you don't invite to a wedding to begin with
Old 09-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Well sometimes when you invite your guests you dont expect this to happen

i also would be sussing out the guests and seeing if anyone of them has a guilty look about them

Someting like this you wouldnt be able to keep to yourself
Old 10-05-2012, 12:49 AM
JC. Did you ever find out who the culprits were?
Old 10-06-2012, 09:42 AM

Last edited by SS-Block; 03-31-2014 at 06:23 PM..
Old 10-14-2012, 09:48 PM
GoW - Unfortunately no. It was a long shot that they would be able to find out who, especially since it was only discovered when they got back from their honeymoon.

QUENTIN - that would've been a good idea but they're not the type who would want that kind of publicity. This was just my place to vent cause it blew my mind that this could happen.

DaveyJoe - No one we know. There were about a hundred guests at the wedding, not a huge number, mostly family and close friends. A few brought dates who we didn't know as well but that's about it.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:53 AM
I would do that.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Space View Post
I would do that.
I bet it was you, right?
Old 10-25-2012, 12:55 PM

What kind of asshole would do that?
A fuckin piece of shit. Just disgraceful.