Old 11-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Looks pretty good The Zombies have that same type of feel of the Zombies of I Am Legend crossed with a large swarm of Locusts,guess i will check out the book before this hits theatres
Old 11-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anakinsrise View Post
Looks pretty good The Zombies have that same type of feel of the Zombies of I Am Legend crossed with a large swarm of Locusts,guess i will check out the book before this hits theatres
But the difference between I Am Legend and this is that I Am Legend didn't have zombies, they were vampires...
Old 11-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anakinsrise View Post
If you think that trailer looks good and you want to see it....

Don't read the book. Don't ever goddamn read that book. Enjoy your movie.... never ever read that book.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:21 PM
I had to blink a few times to realize I wasn't dreaming when I saw the trailer. Wowza... it's not just bad CGI it's physics defying WTFness.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Overall...the trailer was better than the shitty CGI shots ET chose to show the other night. I still wanna get my hands on a copy of the book before this comes out..
Old 11-10-2012, 10:00 AM
I'm not usually one to crap on CGI...but the CGI on display here just sucks. The scope of the film looks awesome, but as soon those massive CGI hordes showed I was like COME ON!

Hopefully they can refine it before the release but as of right now talk about a buzzkill.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:33 AM
There's an interview on this website , and the guy being interviewd says that these "Zombies" are animalistic in their nature and would do anything to infect their prey , even running with their hands if their legs were cut off , so we can trhow physics out the window.

This should be call 28 months later IMO.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by free View Post
...as long as it stays pretty close to the book it should be fine.
Well, fuck that apparently. Maybe one day we can get an actual World War Z movie and not Left for Dead 3: Pitt's Adventure.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopontheshoes7 View Post
I'm not usually one to crap on CGI...but the CGI on display here just sucks. The scope of the film looks awesome, but as soon those massive CGI hordes showed I was like COME ON!

Hopefully they can refine it before the release but as of right now talk about a buzzkill.
Nailed it
Old 11-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
I had to blink a few times to realize I wasn't dreaming when I saw the trailer. Wowza... it's not just bad CGI it's physics defying WTFness.
After watching the full trailer again, I think I actually want to change my mind on this. Ya the CGI isn't the greatest, but the defying physics part is untrue.

Even if it doesn't follow the book, I do like that these zombies actually feel like a threat. And I am sorry, slow zombies never feel like a threat at all. There is no way that slow zombies could cause an apocalypse scenario. There is a reason zombie movies skip the doomsday part. Where as in this trailer I could actually see how they would create a doomsday event.

Consider me cautiously optimistic about this one.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:31 PM
The fact that almost ever post in this thread has been about the mediocre CGI is a little saddening. I don't like Zombie movies to begin with, but I think it will be fun to see a full-scale production try to tackle a sub-genre that has been overrun by low budget straight to dvd flicks. This very well may be the last Zombie movie we see in a while, and I doubt Pitt will have anything less than a good performance.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
But the difference between I Am Legend and this is that I Am Legend didn't have zombies, they were vampires...
Well, I think the creatures in Matheson's novel, (upon which the film is loosely based) are supposed to be vampires, but in the film version they looked and behaved more like quick and agile zombies. That said, it's easy to see why someone would think that the filmmaker's intent was to make the creatures into a new type of zombie.

Also, I'm glad people keep bringing up I Am Legend in this thread because World War Z looks like a much shittier version of it. Having seen the trailer and having read the news about reshoots and a lackluster script, I have no doubts that this film will suck big time.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:44 PM
The CG didn't bother me. Plus, they have another seven months to work on it. But no matter how good the CGI can be, if it does anything unrealistic, you automatically know it's CGI and will complain anyway.

I think zombies are played out, but I still think this looks good.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
But no matter how good the CGI can be, if it does anything unrealistic, you automatically know it's CGI and will complain anyway.
Words of wisdom right here.

Which ever way you slice it. Everybody worth their own weight in film canisters knows it's CGI. I don't have a problem with it either. To be fair, look back at Starship Troopers and watch the scene where the masses of bugs are trying to scale the forts walls. It reminds me somewhat of the bit in the WWZ trailer at the end where the zombies are climbing over each other at a terrifying rate to try and get people at the top of that corner of the building. It may look different but it looks a bit the same. All CGI as well. And I liked Starship Troopers. I will be seeing WWZ at the movies. It looks like a fun ride.

Last edited by God of War; 11-13-2012 at 05:41 AM..
Old 11-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Probably not going to turn out great but might make a good rental one day.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
Words of wisdom right here.

Which ever way you slice it. Everybody worth their own weight in film canisters knows it's CGI. I don't have a problem with it either. To be fair, look back at Starship Troopers and watch the scene where the masses of bugs are trying to scale the forts walls. It reminds me somewhat of the bit in the WWZ trailer at the end where the zombies are climbing over each other at a terrifying rate to try and get people at the top of that corner of the building. It may look different but it looks a bit the same. All CGI as well. And I liked Starship Troopers. I will be seeing WWZ at the movies. It looks like a fun ride.

'Starship Troopers' was a ridiculous movie that didn't take itself too seriously. Still that image looks way more believable than the WWZ image. The 'Starship Troopers' image looks like a hill of dead bodies, and I can easily buy that.

The 'WWZ' image stops being a hill of bodies and becomes a vertical shaft. Are the zombies cooperating here? Did they become super-cheerleaders, and the ones on the bottom are holding the legs of the ones above them? That shaft looks to be about 15-20 people high. How is that physically possible? How can I possibly buy into mindless raging zombies accomplishing this x10: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIIzGnoYUtc ?
Maybe if this was a comedy, because it is hilarious.

This 'WWZ' image reminds me more of the ants from 'Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' than 'Starship Troopers'. Though the ants are more believable.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:46 PM
Scene question

In the first trailer this scene is shown...

http://www.imfdb.org/images/7/74/WWZ-M4A1.jpg

But in the second second trailer, same scene, only instead the soldiers aren't firing their guns but one was a walkie-talkie.

I have a question, will the final movie have the walkie-talkies or will it have the guns from the first trailer?
Old 05-13-2013, 11:16 AM
brad pitt character on this movie looks really good.
love him!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:06 PM
Ever since Fight Club I've tried to see every Brad Pitt film in theaters but this might be a first where I dont see it in thetaters *just doesnt look good)
Old 06-05-2013, 01:26 AM
so far this is getting good reviews (surprisingly)

Last time I checked RT it was at 86% (6 fresh, 1 rotten)

Hmm I may have to check this one out maybe.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:43 AM

This is great news.
Jimmy of Joblo gave it a 7/10.

I trust his judgement so I'll definitely be seeing this in theaters now.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:18 PM
I liked Seven Yers in Tibet. I haven't watched a Brad Pitt filum since the.n, but the director made The best Bond film EVA!