Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Books/Comics
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2010, 02:39 PM
What comics do you always read no matter how bad they get?

Just wondering, is there any comics or characters that you always follow no matter how bad the writing is or how lame the actual arcs/events are. I'm asking because i'm a die hard green arrow fan and haven't read a really good story of his in a while yet i'm still hanging in there. Even after terrible stories like Cry For Justice and even the run up to blackest night/brightest day.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:12 PM
I'm one of those bad X-men fans that just keeps buying. I managed to stop buying issues when Austen was doing Uncanny, but any issue with Chamber I grabbed, and When he started with Larocca i got back into it.
Chamber is the one character i follow around.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:29 PM
I don't get the complaints about Walking Dead slipping.... it's always a buy for me.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mattimeo View Post
I'm one of those bad X-men fans that just keeps buying. I managed to stop buying issues when Austen was doing Uncanny, but any issue with Chamber I grabbed, and When he started with Larocca i got back into it.
Chamber is the one character i follow around.
I never thought I could stop reading X-Men but that Austen (and even Morrison) era made me stop. Whedon got me back and I think X-Men is good again. (Not really caring about this vampire stuff right now but that whole Hope saga was great)

I've read Spider-Man since I was a young kid but dropped it after that whole One More Day marriage Mephisto stealing fiasco and haven't looked back.

Right now, I'm wondering why I keep buying Daredevil. That was always a top tier book but this whole crazy demon/Shadowland story is pure crap in my opinion.

I'll buy anything Avengers no matter what... I'd go without food before I turn my back on anything Avengers for the most part.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:03 PM
I only bother with Batman and Ghost Rider.

I like Marvel Zombies!?

If they keep 'em coming, I'll keep buying 'em.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Yeah One More Day killed my desire to buy Spider Man stuff these days.

Pretty the only things i've been picking pu lately are trades for Walking Dead and Fables. Oh and the first Ultimates book was good.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Old 12-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Lately I've been sticking to DC. The marvel stories are too scattered to follow. Superman in particular.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:57 PM
I've also read Spider-man since I was a kid, and started buying Amazing again around issue #600--now I'm trying to see if I can complete a full run of #600-700 (they're at #655 now).

It hasn't been bad enough to make me want to drop it, but it's definitely pissed me off a great deal over the past few years.