Old 08-10-2010, 12:21 PM
The Most Ridiculous Bootleg DVD Covers Of All Time

Some of these are amazing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_676490.html
Old 08-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Oh man Star Wars Episode I would have been so much better if it had Schwarzenegger.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Ha, those are great. Love the synopsis's that just talk about how shitty the movie actually is.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:41 PM
What I don't understand is why bootleggers go to such lengths to make new artwork when there is already tons of legitimate artwork they could just copy and use.

I have a bootleg copy of The Secret of Nimh on DVD and the artwork was pretty well done, for the most part... until you get to the back. That big block of fine print you usually see? It was like they just cut and pasted random snippets from other various blocks of fine print. I mean, what was the point of that? How hard could it be to just copy something and paste it?
Old 08-10-2010, 06:05 PM
I just bought The Secrets of Nimh. I thought this was one of those long forgotten movies like The Phantom Tollbooth or The Fool and the Flying Ship.

Let's hook up.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:19 PM
That was hilarious.

Movie piracy is a huge fad in Peru (they still haven't figured out that original DVDs are too expensive for normal people); we've got entire shopping centres devoted to it.

I wish I could show you guys pictures... because you can find stuff like this all the time. Examples:

- A cover for Cars 2 which basically shows Lightning McQueen painted black.
- Terminator 4 being sold at least a year before Salvation was actually made; turns out it was actually The Sarah Connor Chronicles, but the salesman didn't bother to tell you.
- The back cover for Che features stills from Rambo
- There is a Mexican movie from 1989 called Red Dawn, a brutal, harsh social drama, and the cover features Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer.
- Also, you know the credits block that goes in the back of every DVD? Most of these films copy and paste the one from Resident Evil. So if you where to believe it, Paul W.S. Anderson directed every movie ever made.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:49 AM
Laugh my ass off. What I find most hilarious is that some of these, like the Lost in Translation, don't look like shoddy cut-and-paste jobs; they look like some seriously well-Photoshoped images. And you wonder: why would they bother mashing up ScarJo from the Lost in Translation Poster with a picture of Dustin Hoffman in a park with a top hat? What the fuck is the POINT of all the effort put into that?! Same with the Star Wars one. I mean, they put a lot of effort into that! Why?
Old 08-11-2010, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM22 View Post
- Also, you know the credits block that goes in the back of every DVD? Most of these films copy and paste the one from Resident Evil. So if you where to believe it, Paul W.S. Anderson directed every movie ever made.
Now that would be a world not worth living in
Old 08-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotreme View Post
Laugh my ass off. What I find most hilarious is that some of these, like the Lost in Translation, don't look like shoddy cut-and-paste jobs; they look like some seriously well-Photoshoped images. And you wonder: why would they bother mashing up ScarJo from the Lost in Translation Poster with a picture of Dustin Hoffman in a park with a top hat? What the fuck is the POINT of all the effort put into that?! Same with the Star Wars one. I mean, they put a lot of effort into that! Why?
For the Huffman one i think they might have actually thought that it was a pic of Murray with a beard, i know i had to look twice to be sure.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:17 PM
This is, without a doubt, the greatest DVD cover ever made.

Ever.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Lost in Translation indeed.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotreme View Post
Ya that is indeed really confusing. I'm almost thinking those aren't real bootleg dvd covers and just made for humor.